Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Talos reached heaven through violence and Vivec wants Nerevar to follow the same path because Vivec specifically thinks of it as lesser, brutal and easily manipulated. He's not necessarily correct and I think it's a fair assumption to guess that he's scared that he's wrong

Sermon 37 makes this pretty explicit imo and Michael Kirkbride has basically confirmed that he wrote it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I was abusing moonsugar to stay awake without sleep and I was perfectly fine and normal about to talk to someone when I turned slightly, it wore off before I got my next sip in, and I went from like 200/200 fatigue to -47/-47, fell to the ground, and passed out for hours. Apparently in ashfall you can't actually die from exhaustion, although if this had happened in a storm it would be much more likely to be fatal. Idk what would have happened if a rat showed up.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I was abusing moonsugar to stay awake without sleep and I was perfectly fine and normal about to talk to someone when I turned slightly, it wore off before I got my next sip in, and I went from like 200/200 fatigue to -47/-47, fell to the ground, and passed out for hours. Apparently in ashfall you can't actually die from exhaustion, although if this had happened in a storm it would be much more likely to be fatal. Idk what would have happened if a rat showed up.

Cocaine’s a hell of a drug.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
More RPGs need to let you become exhausted and pass out, and having drugs interact with that mechanic is good. Oblivion's stamina drain ragdoll was actually great as well.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

I really need to install ashfall

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I still say "coffee with sugar in it" is not the same as "illegal drugs that will gently caress your poo poo right up," even though after this I had to sleep for more than 24 hours to get back to normal. Which meant crawling my enfeebled rear end from my tent outside old ebonheart towards the fountain in the fancy part of town (while everyone around me went "euugh disgusting!") and then crawling back to boil the water and drink it. For sustenance I ate horse feed a knight gave me. At night yeth grub came out and the guards had to kill it or else I could have died, I was shambolically stumbling towards the fence and trying to climb over it when the TRUE IMPERIAL HEROS came out. My guar often walks directly up to my campfire and eats food off the grill before I can eat it myself.

For this character I p much duplicated the khajiit slave right inside the cave by syeda neen, class and all, and for sign I picked tower, because how else would Baadargo escape imprisonment? I looted that cave and then used it to buy all my supplies and my camp is a piece of poo poo with the cheapest possible everything and it's suddenly 2002 era video games again, where literally everything is brown. Character is brown, clothes are brown, every part of the tent is some kind of brown, firewood is brown, lamp and torch are brown, kettle is brown, guar is p much brown, etc etc

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
proposal: a survival mod with hunger, thirst, tiredness, cooking, camping and temperature mechanics

reality: a nord falls through the earth and into ancestral tombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nwah have u tried skooma"

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I've yet to play a survival mod or survival game for that matter that wasn't easily gamed within minutes of starting it. I don't like the idea of a mod that limits you until you do some grindy thing that eventually puts you on the same power level as a standard vanilla character.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

wyoming posted:

proposal: a survival mod with hunger, thirst, tiredness, cooking, camping and temperature mechanics

reality: a nord falls through the earth and into ancestral tombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nwah have u tried skooma"

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Talos reached heaven through violence and Vivec wants Nerevar to follow the same path because Vivec specifically thinks of it as lesser, brutal and easily manipulated. He's not necessarily correct and I think it's a fair assumption to guess that he's scared that he's wrong

Sermon 37 makes this pretty explicit imo and Michael Kirkbride has basically confirmed that he wrote it

But Talos has an oversoul of three Shezzarine souls stacked up into one.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I've yet to play a survival mod or survival game for that matter that wasn't easily gamed within minutes of starting it. I don't like the idea of a mod that limits you until you do some grindy thing that eventually puts you on the same power level as a standard vanilla character.

Being well fed etc all give you bonuses that add up, especially if you eat certain things and stay warm but not hot.

So it doesn't just limit you until you grind. As far as gaming the system, I'm not certain but it seems like if you eat or drink when you're actually hungry the bonuses you get from cooking last proportionally longer than if you're constantly going for morsels whenever you can physically fit stew in ya.

Carrying a bottle of stoneflower tea can sort of be worth it, but it's better to wake up, see that you're thirsty af, and pound a lot of it before going in and bullshitting the townies. If I'm traveling where I can get attacked I like to do the same with guarno or a local flower that looks decent.

Moon sugar is slightly different and I only drink it when I know I'm gonna want to avoid sleep like if I'm in a dungeon that I can't get back to my camp easily. Some teas are more like curative potions to heal food poisoning etc and I have a bottle on the guar just in case.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Continuity RCP posted:

he also ran numidium off of another shezzarine's soul trapped in a weird mega-sized soul gem

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Continuity RCP posted:

Big deal. I have four

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Ashfall sounds awesome lol. Can you turn off the graphics changes though I think they look hideous

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

What the gently caress

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

GorfZaplen posted:

Ashfall sounds awesome lol. Can you turn off the graphics changes though I think they look hideous

dunno, i'm not even sure what's actually changed.

Somehow the road from Old Ebonheart to Dondril is now cursed, and the yeth grubs (?) are causing crashes. I had to shut off sneak because it couldn't get the height and just not got a crash because animated containers keeps pulling poo poo like:
code:
Error in event callback: Data Files\MWSE\mods\MWCA\main.lua:380: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
	.\Data Files\MWSE\core\event.lua:147: in function <.\Data Files\MWSE\core\event.lua:146>
	[C]: in function 'find'
	Data Files\MWSE\mods\MWCA\main.lua:380: in function 'PlayCloseAnimation'
	Data Files\MWSE\mods\MWCA\main.lua:729: in function <Data Files\MWSE\mods\MWCA\main.lua:691>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	.\Data Files\MWSE\core\event.lua:160: in function 'trigger'
	.\Data Files\MWSE\core\event.lua:180: in function <.\Data Files\MWSE\core\event.lua:150>
Lua error encountered in timer callback:
Data Files\MWSE\mods\MWCA\main.lua:380: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
	Data Files\MWSE\mods\MWCA\main.lua:713: in function <Data Files\MWSE\mods\MWCA\main.lua:708>

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Somehow the road from Old Ebonheart to Dondril is now cursed

There's a hotfix for this.

https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content/210101-hotfix-release

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Pretty good posted:

What the gently caress

I'm still reeling that they actually put the text that has the url for C0da coded in it into ESO https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:36_Lessons_of_Vivec,_Sermon_37

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Somehow the road from Old Ebonheart to Dondril is now cursed, and the yeth grubs (?) are causing crashes. I had to shut off sneak because it couldn't get the height and just not got a crash because animated containers keeps pulling poo poo like:
code:
Error in event callback: Data Files\MWSE\mods\MWCA\main.lua:380: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
	.\Data Files\MWSE\core\event.lua:147: in function <.\Data Files\MWSE\core\event.lua:146>
	Data Files\MWSE\mods\MWCA\main.lua:729: in function <Data Files\MWSE\mods\MWCA\main.lua:691>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	.\Data Files\MWSE\core\event.lua:160: in function 'trigger'
	.\Data Files\MWSE\core\event.lua:180: in function <.\Data Files\MWSE\core\event.lua:150>
Lua error encountered in timer callback:
Data Files\MWSE\mods\MWCA\main.lua:380: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
	Data Files\MWSE\mods\MWCA\main.lua:713: in function <Data Files\MWSE\mods\MWCA\main.lua:708>

I hate animated containers so much. I have poo poo to do nwah, I don't have time to sit around and watch a loving barrel open for the 857th time.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Already got it installed. After playing more I don't think it's for certain something with those grubs specifically, because occasionally I'll walk into a shop and it'll flip the gently caress out and crash. The reason I suspected the grubs at first is because a bunch spawned around north Dondril and I would reliably get crashes with improved sneak turned on, and it crashed when that mod was trying to grab the height value of some object. And you know they fly, so??? When there were no grubs it didn't crash. Then I started getting crashes with animated containers and just assumed it was the goddamn grubs again. :argh:

I also got a weird bug where morrowind itself gave me a cryptic message about my guar, asked if i wanted to continue running the exe, I said yes, and the game mysteriously lost him. Luckily I had the guar flute and he came back normally when I called, no problems.

code:
Not able to find Ankle part in T_C_ImpCmPantsColWest01_A.
Not able to find Knee part in T_C_ImpCmPantsColWest01_K.
Not able to find Upper Leg part in T_C_ImpCmPantsColWest01_UL.
SetFootPoint qnan mer_tgw_guar00000000.
footpoint qnan mer_tgw_guar00000000
ResolveCollisions attempting to move 'mer_tgw_guar00000000' too far.
SetFootPoint qnan mer_tgw_guar00000000.
footpoint qnan mer_tgw_guar00000000
then there's apparently several hundred texture and model warnings after that.

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I hate animated containers so much. I have poo poo to do nwah, I don't have time to sit around and watch a loving barrel open for the 857th time.

I got the new vegas style loot mod so they auto open and shut whenever I look at them or turn away. This mod absolutely will break the intro so that you can't do spells if you don't manually look into the census barrel like you're supposed to. Luckily it will tell you most scripted containers "you can't see into this" and force you to use them normally.

---

I got rid of Wares because it's just too crazy. It's cool that there's more stuff, but the stuff being completely random is maybe not the best way to do it for a mod like that. Still haven't found a mobile container mod that works how I want.

So on this character I have soundly invested in making sure I have sufficient silverware for my camp. It's amazing how well you can do without the necessities of life as long as you have the luxuries.

I did the Roa Dyr quest with the stolen stuff a little bit differently this time but still got the same result. I couldn't help but put in some basic gear and clothes into the stash even though I knew it probably wouldn't matter.

Doing bounties I have a strong suspicion that one of them is actually in the twin lamps but I'm not sure. Considering calming with a spell and trying to talk this one out, but dunno if it'll work.

Whatever sick fucker keeps putting in slaves without a slave key to save them is p hosed up. Someone should do a mod where you can use armorer tools to bust them out but the magic zaps you and drains all your magica and deals significant damage. And ofc is a noticeable crime.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Nina posted:

I'm still reeling that they actually put the text that has the url for C0da coded in it into ESO https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:36_Lessons_of_Vivec,_Sermon_37
I stop paying attention to kirkbride for barely five years and This happens

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Whatever sick fucker keeps putting in slaves without a slave key to save them is p hosed up. Someone should do a mod where you can use armorer tools to bust them out but the magic zaps you and drains all your magica and deals significant damage. And ofc is a noticeable crime.

If you're committed enough you can command them over to some location that DOES have a slave key and free them there. Fortunately UESP has a list of nearest keyed locations for all non-keyed slaves.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
So I got a little burnt out on my Spellsword and restarted with the same gimmick of answering the Census questions. I got Witchhunter this time. I also decided to go with a High Elf this time since I don't think I've ever played that race. Doing a Religious dude and going Temple/Cult/Telvanni. I guess picking both religions is semi weird from a RP point of view but I don't see any mutually exclusive reason why I couldn't worship all the divines and this dude really wants to gently caress up some cultists and vampires and the temple/cult is the best way to go about that. The Telvanni part I'm rationalizing as a reform from within kinda deal. And also I can freely kill any Telvanni caster who is a huge rear end in a top hat and mostly the faction doesn't care. I'm also restricting myself from training unless I need to in order to advance in a faction and I'm not stealing poo poo and trying to semi-rp it.

I'm having a blast but I have encountered a semi weird bug that is happening consistently. Namely, sometimes when I go to quick save (and sometimes just in general) I fall through the floor. I assume it has something to do with being a tall character because this did not happen to my Dark Elf at all. I have the patch for purists and other recommended core fix stuff that people itt said to install. I haven't seen any other bugs except for this weird one. It's not game breaking or anything and I can usually reload or sometimes just work my way out of it depending on where it puts me but it's kinda annoying.

Anyone had this happen? I have to assume it's related to being a tall character unless my save is bugged in some way because I didn't have it happen on my Dark Elf even once.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I have never fallen though the floor at any point ever in the last twenty years

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

My current playthrough in a nutshell.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I purposefully didn't take either just get rich and buy a scroll

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Or a ring.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I had a run where I only used hand to hand and enchanted jewelry and it owned :unsmith:

Oh, a locked door? Let me get my fine ring. Caught a common disease? Thats what my common amulet is for. Ah, need to up my disposition with this person? Time to pull out my exquisite cock ring.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Leal posted:

I had a run where I only used hand to hand and enchanted jewelry and it owned :unsmith:

Oh, a locked door? Let me get my fine ring. Caught a common disease? Thats what my common amulet is for. Ah, need to up my disposition with this person? Time to pull out my exquisite cock ring.

Lol. Slof's goth shop ftw

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Lol. Slof's goth shop ftw

Lmao. I can't even make fun of Slof because when I was making Muffinwind she just popped out of nowhere with fully animated muffin enemies and was like "hey I thought you might like these so I made them for you" which was the coolest thing ever. Insane people ftw

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Welp i can't figure out a way to progress the indoril bounties without killing the velk poacher, hopefully she's just a smuggler and not an abolitionist like i think she might be. Even calming her and chatting her up to really high disposition doesn't work because she has no dialog so it's not like you can just be like "what is the deal? ok uh I'll just lie and say you're dead if you leave."

Also my guar Ambrosius is one of those high FYS guar.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lmao. I can't even make fun of Slof because when I was making Muffinwind she just popped out of nowhere with fully animated muffin enemies and was like "hey I thought you might like these so I made them for you" which was the coolest thing ever. Insane people ftw

Like 80% of the really cool mods that go beyond what the initial game was capable of (not just in Morrowind, but all Bethesda games) are only possible because of initial work by insane perverts.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Disappointed that the chad's answer to lore conflicts isn't using CHIM to change the lore.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Like 80% of the really cool mods that go beyond what the initial game was capable of (not just in Morrowind, but all Bethesda games) are only possible because of initial work by insane perverts.

Nothing drives innovation like good ol fashioned horniness.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

. I grab everything out of 00 Core and drag it to <data files> and

I don't understand this sentence

Is my MO isntance supposed to point to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 6, 2021

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Baron Porkface posted:

Is my MO isntance supposed to point to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind

Don’t install Morrowind into Program Files it’ll gently caress things up.

Also don’t install Steam into Program Files, you’re just asking for trouble.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Baron Porkface posted:

if you have morrowind installed there then yes. This is my log panel:

It may gently caress up but I post the fuckups in this thread so you can see lately i've only had problems with weird script issues that i doubt are related to program files but maybe they are because half of modding seems like you need to consult the oracles

When i mean drag them out of 00 core I mean when you install do this (my mouse didn't show up but it's just dragging everything out of the core folder up a level before hitting OK):

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Cantorsdust posted:

Also don’t install Steam into Program Files, you’re just asking for trouble.

Steam into program files is perfectly fine and in a lot of ways a good idea. You just need to immediately create a different library location and install all your games there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I stumbled across Amirah while looking for a grave robber. This place is hosed.

Yeah leaving my guar in Velonith was a mistake if I don't get murdered I'm gonna be here a while. The whole things a horrorshow, I dunno if I can even kill the rats. Not gonna hang out in this inn either. "HEH HEH HEH"

E: WELP that's a hell of a quest. I'm wondering how linear it is, I feel like if I had played it differently it could have had a much different result, but that'll be for another character someday. We're locked in now and I need to figure out a way to tank this guy's brutal af club. I do like how its enchantment is foreshadowed multiple times, but I thought it was somehow related to the rats. This whole town is really well put together, I also noticed how the local healer sells spells that are really useful here, and is one of the few TR spell sellers that has extremely basic ones dweebs can use.

PS is there some kind of mechanical reason every hood and hat i've seen in TR is actually light armor?
PPS does anyone know off hand what will happen to my guar if I do a teleport and it brings me to an internal cell?

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jul 7, 2021