Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
ah yes, forgot about the grinding exp on dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

“What now” is what the audience thinks whenever Ethan Page comes on screen

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I thought it was what everyone asked after the barbed wire match explosion

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Shida should be louder, angrier and have access to a time machine.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1411167891312029698?s=20

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
touching tips with God :angel:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

smarxist posted:

touching tips with God :angel:

Someone replace god with Tanahashi

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

get a load of this idiot who is so far behind the times that Ethan Page isn't interesting.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 4, 2021

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've said it before I'll say it again - Ethan Page is just Patrick Bateman and has become interesting. His GQ trendy persona is just a mask that covers that he's an actual psycho.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Patrick Bateman could never throw Darby Allen so far.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

karmicknight posted:

get a load of this idiot who is so far behind the times that Ethan Page isn't interesting.

It’s because they chant what at him :anime:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I like that they've tweaked the Elevation graphics so that people who accompany wrestlers to the ring are faded out in the background. It used to be that managers took up a bigger percentage of the image than any of the participants.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

It’s because they chant what at him :anime:

gently caress man, I missed that read. Layers right there.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I mean the same thing that happened to Shida is exactly what happened to Nyla and Riho after they lost the title: just completely discarded off to Dark World never to be seen again until it was time for a title match and suddenly they're back on the show for like 2 weeks. The only men's champions who've gotten similar treatment to this would be SCU after they lost the tag titles. Every other champion has still been a major player on the show after losing their title. But since AEW is only allowed to care about 2 women at most at any given time, the former champions just cease to be important after their turn is up.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Drakkel posted:

I mean the same thing that happened to Shida is exactly what happened to Nyla and Riho after they lost the title: just completely discarded off to Dark World never to be seen again until it was time for a title match and suddenly they're back on the show for like 2 weeks. The only men's champions who've gotten similar treatment to this would be SCU after they lost the tag titles. Every other champion has still been a major player on the show after losing their title. But since AEW is only allowed to care about 2 women at most at any given time, the former champions just cease to be important after their turn is up.

Nyla was on Dynamite the week after she lost the title.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Nyla was on Dynamite the week after she lost the title.

EXCUSEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Meanwhile Jon Moxley was banished to the netherworld after he lost the title due to misandry.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Meanwhile Jon Moxley was banished to the netherworld after he lost the title due to misandry.

Yeah he's been relegated to other promotions, not even Dark! AEW is wasting talent like the other channel... :q:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I've been too afraid to check, is the mix tagatch the only match with women next week?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

I've been too afraid to check, is the mix tagatch the only match with women next week?

I believe that's the case, yeah.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Great thread

https://twitter.com/ChrisBrosnahan/status/1411638991343042562

2nd thread:

https://twitter.com/ChrisBrosnahan/status/1411667444276543491

Shard fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 4, 2021

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I really don't feel like hangman wins yet, but I wonder if it goes to a time limit draw.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Hangman should just win because it will be a big joyful thing post pandemic, no need to stretch it any longer. I don't care at all if Kenny's belt collector gimmick pans out, the belts he holds are very meaningless.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

There is no good reason for him to not win. I don't see how the story would be heightened. The only reason he wouldn't win is if he kicks out of the OWA, loses and there was someone else to be the next champ but honestly I don't see anyone else as ready as Hangman.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That thread got RTed into my timeline and I was reading it and I wound up at the part where Dark Order comes in and I wound up going down the Brodie tunnel and now I'm gettin' all misty-eyed, fucks sake.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

It feels like the pandemic already delayed Hangman’s ascension enough, it’s time. I’m guessing a lot of stuff that’s been in stasis due to the pandemic that’s going to have AEW arriving at multiple fireworks factories over the next few months.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Hangman should just win because it will be a big joyful thing post pandemic, no need to stretch it any longer. I don't care at all if Kenny's belt collector gimmick pans out, the belts he holds are very meaningless.

Agreed. Belt collector was a total dud after the Impact stuff IMO

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You really can't go all in on the Belt collector right now cause the next level would be a Japanese title and that probably won't be doable till next year

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I still think there's plenty of juice left in Kenny's title run; starting the fall of the Elite with the Bucks losing the titles rather than Kenny is probably best from a storytelling perspective, and you can heat Hangman back up pretty quickly even if he falls short in the first title match (with the Eliminator Tournament as an obvious shortcut to a rematch post-All Out)

That being said, I also generally tend to side with the "just pull the trigger already" crowd. AEW is already rolling with four heel champs and a ton of interference at the top of the card, so having Hangman lose could be deflating in an annoying way rather than something that keeps the viewer invested.

There is a way to have Hangman lose at All Out without sending the fans home disappointed: Simply have Bryan Danielson debut post-match

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

I’d be very surprised if Hangman wins the title on his first challenge. Wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing though.

I guess it would be hard to have him get the win on a PPV where it should be considering the current date and point they are at in the story.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope after this 8th rise and fall of the elite in the last 2 years they will finally uncouple each act from that concept and just have them do their thing and have it be what it is on its own. if somebody in the elite is a champ then all that means is good for them. that would be good

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Elite were hardly even a unit for over a year before this cause Cody vanished and then they were just infighting.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Whatever happened with Lance Archer and Sting

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vince MechMahon posted:

The Elite were hardly even a unit for over a year before this cause Cody vanished and then they were just infighting.

Cody didn't vanish he was booked in a tournament by the vile TNT network and then brutalized by the vile Brodie Lee.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

duckdealer posted:

I’d be very surprised if Hangman wins the title on his first challenge. Wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing though.

I guess it would be hard to have him get the win on a PPV where it should be considering the current date and point they are at in the story.

He already lost a title match to Jericho, which sent him off on the downward spiral, I don’t know if there’s any benefit to extending things further or what anyone gets out of another setback beat for Hangman.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I'm not a Miro fan but I really want to see Dustin vs. Miro because Dustin v. Brody is still my fav AEW match and I think they could have a fantastic match, in my dream it's in a cage.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hangman has already failed multiple times, the story going forward should be he doesn't let his fear of failure get in the way of what he wants. In much the same way that Kenny needed to be himself rather than something he wasn't, and then, and only then he was able to conquer Okada, only when Hangman realizes that failure doesn't invalidate him and his friendships will he be truly happy and able to face up to what challenging Kenny means, win or lose.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

He already lost a title match to Jericho, which sent him off on the downward spiral, I don’t know if there’s any benefit to extending things further or what anyone gets out of another setback beat for Hangman.

Well, it depends. There have been fairly recent long term stories that were greatly enhanced by the challenger winning on their second try. I guess you do run the risk of Hangman cooling off if you wait until Full Gear but it is impossible to say which is the right choice without knowledge of AEW’s plans.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Whatever happened with Lance Archer and Sting

i feel like that was only done in case Sting couldn't go in a match and needed a replacement. Archer replacing Sting was a plan B of sorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Hangman should win because he is a top babyface at the end of a long journey, and top babyfaces should not fail at the end of a long journey.