Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

skewetoo posted:

Generations of state failure and doing the exact same things for hundreds of years with disastrous results but the anarchists are the naive ones lol

yes, considering your demonstrated lack of historical knowledge. hundreds of years lol good job. people like you are why I no longer tell people I’m an anarchist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Where are your tools coming from, Rutibex, unless your plan also involves locating and monopolizing a flint or ore outcropping? Whence comes your salt to survive at all, or your saltpeter for any useful pastoralism? Who connects your remote outpost to the sewage lines and trucks in a solar array and heat pump so that you're not immediately a bigger polluter than the ironworks in town? Who grinds your glasses when you turn 40, refines your nitroglycerine when you turn 50, carves wood for your cane and horn for your dentures when you turn 60, and eventually just tills your fields when you turn 70? If the last is your own children, who was the medic who gave you decent odds of your wife surviving childbirth and them surviving infancy? What is everyone else eating while you build a monument to ditch weed, one such that even an anime appraiser is more valuable to society in that they also produce nothing useful now (and remember, if drugs that make you work less are accepted as useful work, there'll be a hydroponics-and-lamps op going nearby as well), but also demand nothing but food and paper, and might eventually become a dramatist or linguist in their own right?

If these problems are solved such that supplying you is a rounding error in everyone else's time, you'll be set, just like you would have been with a Soviet dacha in the exurbs or would be now with a Chinese allotment. But if they aren't, for climate/embargo/collapse of energy logistics reasons which are all very plausible, the burden you create on the community is the argument for its veto power over your expensive hobbies.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Rutibex posted:

i don't want a piece of currently existing farmland i want a piece of unclaimed wilderness so i can make it valuable with my own efforts. don't tell me there isn't enough of that to go around, because i know thats horseshit.

i don't want anything except for society to stop paying cops to come and smash up my theoretical cabin

bro you're literally a jeffersonian... it's 2021 lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Rutibex posted:

i want a piece of unclaimed wilderness

this doesn’t exist in North America, nor probably anywhere else in the world. you’d have to take it from someone. who are you going to take it from? how?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

indigi posted:

this doesn’t exist in North America, nor probably anywhere else in the world. you’d have to take it from someone. who are you going to take it from? how?

you can buy this land with some of your individual efforts. might even get a bank to finance a loan for it if you convince them the value you add to the land will be enough.

17 listings for land under $5000 right here:

https://www.landsofamerica.com/Oklahoma/all-land/4000-5000/

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Rutibex posted:

thats entirely fair. but in principal under ideal circumstances i could have my mushroom farm? thats all i ask for. i like to have something to look forward to

yes

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lol good loving luck sustainably farming any of that land without significant infrastructure and labor investment

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

indigi posted:

lol good loving luck sustainably farming any of that land without significant infrastructure and labor investment

Nah should be good. Just make sure to always poop in the same corner of the lot, and make sure it's downhill from the rest of the land. If you're lucky, it'll be downwind too!

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

rutibex you seem very nice but im sorry... you are the dumbest anarchist in the whole world. i wish you luck in your endeavors

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

nah it seems like they came around on the last page which I didn’t read until after my posts. the best way to post

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

indigi posted:

nah it seems like they came around on the last page which I didn’t read until after my posts. the best way to post

i missed that sorry.

rutibex if you just really want a mushroom garden you can do that in a closet or a basement or a spare room, right now? would probably be easier to do indoors too since you can control the climate. i know people who have done it, for psychedelic reasons. seemed like a cool lucrative hobby.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

a bunker seems like a good place to grow mushrooms, perhaps you may be interested in Hoxhaism

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Rutibex posted:

that hurts. i promise if i figure out how to overthrow capitalism i'll totally share with you guys, but i understand if you dont feel the same way :(

people in america like individual freedoms, maybe there could be some kind of dialectic between marxist thought and liberalism to come to a synthesis that is superior to both?

Change your name to Fichte Lover

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

rutibex you seem very nice but im sorry... you are the dumbest anarchist in the whole world. i wish you luck in your endeavors

I wish this were true

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
if the pnw remains even vaguely similar to its current climate, you still won't need a farm to grow mushrooms. you just go out an pick them at the right time of year. whole communities used to do it yearly, kids and all.

also you don't need a farm, as long as you aren't dealing or too loud about it, you can just grow shrooms in an aquarium in your closet, like right now

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rutibex posted:

i don't want a piece of currently existing farmland i want a piece of unclaimed wilderness so i can make it valuable with my own efforts. don't tell me there isn't enough of that to go around, because i know thats horseshit.

i don't want anything except for society to stop paying cops to come and smash up my theoretical cabin

look, as someone who lives near vast swathes of BLM and forest service land- that poo poo isn't settled because it's worthless, generally even as residential space. It's rough, the soil is bad, and it's too difficult to get timber out of in plenty of spots. You're gonna, what, subsist entirely off of poo poo like miner's lettuce that can grow anywhere at the cost of having basically no nutrients?

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Rutibex got banned for defending Charlottesville nazis btw. He’s a rightwing troll

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Demon Semen posted:

Rutibex got banned for defending Charlottesville nazis btw. He’s a rightwing troll

makes sense

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Demon Semen posted:

Ahhhhh there it is, I feel stupid for having not checked their rap sheet from the start

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I wonder how many mushroom farms for rando teletype touchers were approved in fascist Spain

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lol checking peoples rap sheets

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Demon Semen posted:

Impressive detective work for someone whos too much of a coward to wear their shame mr 2021 rereg

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
i know rutibex is a reactionary because of his opinions about dungeons and dragons but more people read threads than post in them

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

indigi posted:

yes, considering your demonstrated lack of historical knowledge. hundreds of years lol good job. people like you are why I no longer tell people I’m an anarchist

...I have a history degree

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

But ok angry man

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

I think the point was that marxism hasn't been around for hundreds of years, let alone communism.

Capital was published in 1867

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If you think about it Spartacus was the first marxist

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
begone troll. Jesus Christ was actually the first communist, and I'm not even being sarcastic about that.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

skewetoo posted:

it's true, no-one with a degree is ever ignorant about anything

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

John Charity Spring posted:

it's true, no-one with a degree is ever ignorant about anything

It's uncanny how he just honed in on it like that!

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

this is a great refutation of anarchism tbh

e: oh and hoxhaism is honestly what I want. I will happily live in a little concrete (or mycoconposite idk were talkin mushrooms) box with a few gun slits if the 5g can get piped in. I’d like, do other work too? just having a state provided bunker for the reactionary action later on would be sick

wolfs has issued a correction as of 13:51 on Jul 4, 2021

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

wolfs posted:

this is a great refutation of anarchism tbh

e: oh and hoxhaism is honestly what I want. I will happily live in a little concrete (or mycoconposite idk were talkin mushrooms) box with a few gun slits if the 5g can get piped in. I’d like, do other work too? just having a state provided bunker for the reactionary action later on would be sick

Enver Hohxa was a good man, partisan, war hero and revolutionary leader

his books are pretty great

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

skewetoo posted:

nice appeal to authority

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

There's 0.18 acres of arable land per person as of 2018 so you can't have your snowflake farm

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

indigi posted:

nice appeal to authority

:lmao:

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

i get a strong indigi is why there are self-criticism and struggle sessions even for shitposts ESPECIALLY for shitposts

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

you can buy this land with some of your individual efforts. might even get a bank to finance a loan for it if you convince them the value you add to the land will be enough.

17 listings for land under $5000 right here:

https://www.landsofamerica.com/Oklahoma/all-land/4000-5000/

Hammer City here we come!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skewetoo posted:

i get a strong indigi is why there are self-criticism and struggle sessions even for shitposts ESPECIALLY for shitposts

is he wrong. who cares that you have a history degree. i wouldn't trust someone on the basis of their secondary education in pretty much any scenario.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

is he wrong. who cares that you have a history degree. i wouldn't trust someone on the basis of their secondary education in pretty much any scenario.

*is certain he's going to make it through this wave of denunciations*

my shitpost was uhhhh against historiographical dialacticalism and uhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ive got a degree in truckin and fuckin and I say Marxism-Leninism-Maoist is the light