Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Trip report after several hours after my second vaccine: Feeling fine. Felt drained when I got home, but I think that was just the high heat and my being hungry rather than the vaccine. The arm I got the shot in is slowly getting sore, but that happens every time I get a vaccine, so par for the course there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
The church in my neighbourhood got vandalized the other night. But, the leadership of the church... isn't being dumb as poo poo about it!

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/lets-not-just-cover-this-up-calgary-church-hopes-for-dialogue-as-cps-investigates-vandalism

There are responses other than "do nothing" and "loudly opine that vandalism is NEVER ACCEPTABLE."

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

go ahead. keep vandalizing churches. it only makes my opinions Worse

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Randalor posted:

Trip report after several hours after my second vaccine: Feeling fine. Felt drained when I got home, but I think that was just the high heat and my being hungry rather than the vaccine. The arm I got the shot in is slowly getting sore, but that happens every time I get a vaccine, so par for the course there.

Took me about 24 hours to start feeling lovely

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Yeah, other than my sore arm, I'm now feeling... off. Hopefully after a good night's rest, it'll have passed.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
got my 2nd shot on tuesday and i'm pretty sure my wife i have the flu now lol. went to get tested for covid today and it was negative. epic poo poo

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
got my second shot one week ago and I'm only just now back to normal

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I got mine a week ago Friday, two days afterwards was brutal, doing fine now.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

I agree though that this has to stop NOW!

ffs people, wait until the forest fire hazard drops.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/erinotoole/status/1410257138757341192?s=20

What in the fresh gently caress?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oh dear God is he gonna pivot to an Alex Jones conspiracy theory as his campaign platform

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oh thank Christ, I was mildly worried he might actually become Prime Minister somehow in the next election. No chance of that poo poo happening now (I hope). Thank you for your service, Erin, you literally insane glob of mashed potatos :patriot:

Segue
May 23, 2007

That ad is so insane I just can't stop giggling. It is very disconcerting that they think that ridiculous xenophobic conspiracy-mongering will play but good God it's...I just can't.

Like Bernier would run the poo poo out of this so we'll see how this play to get the People's Party back into the Conservative tent plays (trick answer they were never out).

I am always disappointed by people but if this plays I give up and await the heat dome end of it all.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Not that I'd recommend anyone watch that video because it is literally just batshit insane fearmongering now that he's had to pivot after his criticism of the vaccine rollout blew up in his face. Like "holy poo poo, he's out of his loving mind" conspiracy peddling that is only kept from sounding genuine by O'Toole's complete inability to ever sound sincere.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 4, 2021

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Oh boy

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

How did Chinese military get access to this secret laboratory?!

*walks past sign in front of secret lab*

Why did a scientist working on dangerous viruses send samples of them to a different laboratory that also does similar research??

Now, we know these samples weren't of coronaviruses and therefore have nothing at all to do with COVID-19, but watch this slowmo shot of Justin Trudeau's face.

In other news:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheEagleist/status/1411724014226219014

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Edit

Just realized that that's Walking Eagle News. They got me, well played.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 4, 2021

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

eXXon posted:

Why did a scientist working on dangerous viruses send samples of them to a different laboratory that also does similar research??

Yeah this one doesn’t quite track because you loving let somebody know if you’re sending Ebola through snail mail

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

apatheticman posted:

What in the fresh gently caress?

I do agree with the part where Winnipeg somehow causes the downfall of civilization but I think it will be more mundane and probably involve Burton Cummings.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Edit

Just realized that that's Walking Eagle News. They got me, well played.

It's almost too on the nose for satire. Those guys are great

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Just got shot #2 this morning, went down for a nap and woke up feeling weird and off. Hopefully it doesn't hit too hard but given that I'm 10 hours in and already feeling it I feel like my next few days are gonna suck :/

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So I'm not going to watch the video, because it set off my "racist fuckwit detector" (colloquially known as "my eyes when I read who made that tweet") and the second vaccine has been handing my rear end to me all day, but... what in the everloving gently caress is he going on about? I mean, other than Winnipeg's infection rate dropping like a rock (despite Pallister's best efforts), I'm not sure what Winnipeg did this time with the pandemic? We've been getting our shots. Blame people in Winkler-and-the-surrounding-area.

Or is this more "WUHAN FLU WAS A BIOWEAPON MADE BY THE COMMUNIST CHINESE!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!1!1!1!1!!! *something something* LIBRULS!"" bullshit?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

O'Toole: There are Chinese spies in Canada stealing our secrets and spreading the virus
His nutcase base: *attacks chinese people*
The news: Why are these racist attacks increasing? :iiam:

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Randalor posted:

So I'm not going to watch the video, because it set off my "racist fuckwit detector" (colloquially known as "my eyes when I read who made that tweet") and the second vaccine has been handing my rear end to me all day, but... what in the everloving gently caress is he going on about? I mean, other than Winnipeg's infection rate dropping like a rock (despite Pallister's best efforts), I'm not sure what Winnipeg did this time with the pandemic? We've been getting our shots. Blame people in Winkler-and-the-surrounding-area.

Or is this more "WUHAN FLU WAS A BIOWEAPON MADE BY THE COMMUNIST CHINESE!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!1!1!1!1!!! *something something* LIBRULS!"" bullshit?

China fear-mongering, also implying that china created the lab in Wuhan and somehow Winnipeg was involved due to the work they were doing on increasing replication viruses.

The rest is trying to tie in a bunch of other poo poo.. it's really just qanon bait.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
china!!!!!!!!!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

apatheticman posted:

China fear-mongering, also implying that china created the lab in Wuhan and somehow Winnipeg was involved due to the work they were doing on increasing replication viruses.

The rest is trying to tie in a bunch of other poo poo.. it's really just qanon bait.

So here's the thing that I don't get about the whole "COVID-19 is a bioweapon" stuff. Okay, so, I'm guessing the mindset is "China made the virus in a lab with the intention to release it", but... the virus first started to spread in China, which means they... unleashed it on their own people first because... reasons? Why can't we get fun conspiracy theories like "COVID-19 was made by a non-China country to slow down China's economy, except that it's a virus and spread like a virus when every world leader is a loving moron"? I know, I know, because racism.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
It's not surprising, if JT pushes for a fall election O'Toole has got to get some momentum going, so why not go for broke and embrace the wing nuts?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Beelzebufo posted:

Just got shot #2 this morning, went down for a nap and woke up feeling weird and off. Hopefully it doesn't hit too hard but given that I'm 10 hours in and already feeling it I feel like my next few days are gonna suck :/

I got my second shot on Friday and felt great until this afternoon. Injection site is red and swollen (and the nurse couldn't even find the site to put a bandaid on,) joints ache, general viral symptoms. Hoping to not have to call in to work tomorrow.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Blood Boils posted:

It's not surprising, if JT pushes for a fall election O'Toole has got to get some momentum going, so why not go for broke and embrace the wing nuts?

I mean, it worked so well for the PPC or whatever the gently caress they're called, why not???

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PT6A posted:

I mean, it worked so well for the PPC or whatever the gently caress they're called, why not???

It turns out, in fact, that no one wanted to feel the Bern-ier. But, hey, he was so crazy he brought the Bloc back somehow... That's something.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Bleck posted:

chy-na!!!!!!!!!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
I remember after the last election being really struck how Conservatives couldn't believe they'd lost. Didn't Scheer refuse to concede until the next day or something?

What I'm saying is, there's a pretty decent chance that Conservative HQ are once again huffing their own farts and actually believe this Covid conspiracy poo poo.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
What's the over-under on a "stop the steal" push coming here?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

apatheticman posted:

What's the over-under on a "stop the steal" push coming here?

Its already here, at least at the provincial level.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.

Another Bill posted:

I remember after the last election being really struck how Conservatives couldn't believe they'd lost. Didn't Scheer refuse to concede until the next day or something?

What I'm saying is, there's a pretty decent chance that Conservative HQ are once again huffing their own farts and actually believe this Covid conspiracy poo poo.

Well they did win the popular vote lol

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Randalor posted:

So here's the thing that I don't get about the whole "COVID-19 is a bioweapon" stuff. Okay, so, I'm guessing the mindset is "China made the virus in a lab with the intention to release it", but... the virus first started to spread in China, which means they... unleashed it on their own people first because... reasons? Why can't we get fun conspiracy theories like "COVID-19 was made by a non-China country to slow down China's economy, except that it's a virus and spread like a virus when every world leader is a loving moron"? I know, I know, because racism.

The narrative that covid was a bioweapon that escaped from a Chinese lab and infected their own population is something people very much want to be true because it simultaneously fulfills both the Yellow Peril narrative and also "lol China so dumb" narrative.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

If Covid was accidentally released by China it makes our shambles of a response to it a good thing don't you see

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Tochiazuma posted:

If Covid was accidentally released by China it makes our shambles of a response to it a good thing don't you see

This is the crux of it, politicians and industries will push this gain-of-function narrative because it implies that China is more culpable than they are for their insufficient public health measures

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head
Wasn't Harper's 2011 win dependent on support from east and south asians in the GTA and Vancouver? This seems like a very not smart play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Depends, there will of course be some sentiment from Pro-China immigrants. But from my circle they are mostly anti-china/anti-communist which is why they came here in the first place. They like parties that were hardline against Mainland China.

It will definitely depend on how the demographics have changed since then of course, and even bashing China can only go so far on winning that vote.