Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Hangman should win because he is a top babyface at the end of a long journey, and top babyfaces should not fail at the end of a long journey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hangman should fail because he is a coward who is going to challenge Miro and die.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Hangman will lose because Kenny wants to do the American version of the 4 Match Epic that be did with Okada and tbh I can’t blame him because when hangman finally does it it’s gonna be insane

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Hangman should win because he is a top babyface at the end of a long journey, and top babyfaces should not fail at the end of a long journey.

Agreed, WWE tries this sometimes and it rarely works

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Hangman gonna win that belt in Queens and its going to be the pop of a lifetime.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Normally I'd be fine with a 4 match series with Hangman losing the first but All Out needs a baby face win at the end and that has to be Hangman (since you save the Bucks losing the titles for Queens)

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Cezar Bonini is tweeting requests for bookings. I know AEW talent can take outside bookings but I hope this isn’t a sign that he’s not coming on the road. He, Nemeth and Drake aren’t listed on the roster yet and haven’t got All Elite graphic tweets either. The Varisty Blonds haven’t either though, but they’re listed as number one tag contenders so who knows at this point.

I also didn’t see Jake Roberts on the roster page but I can’t recall if he was ever on there.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Cezar Bonini is tweeting requests for bookings. I know AEW talent can take outside bookings but I hope this isn’t a sign that he’s not coming on the road. He, Nemeth and Drake aren’t listed on the roster yet and haven’t got All Elite graphic tweets either. The Varisty Blonds haven’t either though, but they’re listed as number one tag contenders so who knows at this point.

I also didn’t see Jake Roberts on the roster page but I can’t recall if he was ever on there.

Weirdly enough, Garrison is in the Elite GM demo and Pillman was not. The roster page isn’t the be all and end all, but I don’t think a lot of Dark faves are going on the road unfortunately.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
All Out - Hangman loses in a 40-minute belter.
Grand Slam - 60-minute draw.
Full Gear - Hangman wins in a 2/3 falls no time limit match.

Nobody's ever done that before, right?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MJeff posted:

All Out - Hangman loses in a 40-minute belter.
Grand Slam - 60-minute draw.
Full Gear - Hangman wins in a 2/3 falls no time limit match.

Nobody's ever done that before, right?

Something like this is that I'm expecting because of course Tony would do this.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Weirdly enough, Garrison is in the Elite GM demo and Pillman was not. The roster page isn’t the be all and end all, but I don’t think a lot of Dark faves are going on the road unfortunately.

Varsity Blondes are only unsigned on a technicality because of Pillman's MLW contract which is expiring soon, so it makes sense they could add Griff but not him

The Wingmen getting dropped when AEW goes on the road would surprise me. They've gotten way more TV time than other pandemic faves (Kilynn/Fuego/etc)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, the Wingmen actually get on Dynamite on occasion. I would at least expect them to be Elevation mainstays.

Maybe Cezar is just taking bookings because poo poo's opening up and he wants to work on the weekends? :shrug:

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Any scenario where Hangman loses to Kenny before he beats him is a tremendous overthinking of it.

Do a time limit draw to set up a rematch at All Out if you absolutely have to but the fans have waited long enough and the time to pull the trigger is now.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

Something like this is that I'm expecting because of course Tony would do this.

I mean, be glad he didn’t go “I’ll make Hangman the Naito of AEW”, because then you’d be sitting around for seven years waiting for the payoff and being constantly prodded to the edge of your sanity by the booking

But man, what a payoff.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

MJeff posted:

Yeah, the Wingmen actually get on Dynamite on occasion. I would at least expect them to be Elevation mainstays.

Maybe Cezar is just taking bookings because poo poo's opening up and he wants to work on the weekends? :shrug:

That’s what I’m hoping. Cody didn’t lump them in with King and Fuego last week either so maybe I’m just worrying over nothing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Cameo posted:

But man, what a payoff.

God dammit, Kenta has shown up and slapped Hangman's celebratory beer out of his hand! God dammit!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

That’s what I’m hoping. Cody didn’t lump them in with King and Fuego last week either so maybe I’m just worrying over nothing.

They aren't competing in the Friend Olympics for a jacket and a spot in the Nightmare Family.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

No, I like the idea of Hangman winning at Full Gear because I plan on going to Full Gear in St. Louis and I deserve that moment.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I’m just gonna sit back and watch the story play out tbh.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

No, I like the idea of Hangman winning at Full Gear because I plan on going to Full Gear in St. Louis and I deserve that moment.

You'll get to see him lose it to MJF!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Seams posted:

I’m just gonna sit back and watch the story play out tbh.

Agree with this. I have enough faith in AEW to believe wherever it ends I'll be happy.

If AEW ever pulls a HHH/Booker T or a nWo era Hogan booking decision they'll loose that faith from me.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Happy Anniversary to Eddie cutting the promo that got him in the door:

https://twitter.com/kobk4ever/status/1411802744441257985?s=21

Obviously the hair and beard are doing a lot of extra work, but he really has transformed himself over the last year conditioning-wise.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

When they introduce the Trios Titles, the Elite should send Cutler, Nakazawa, and I dunno, one of the Good Brothers? to win the titles for the team. They can be the Elite B-Team...the Semi-Elite...The Average.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Eddie looking like Artie Lange a year ago

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

The Cameo posted:

I mean, be glad he didn’t go “I’ll make Hangman the Naito of AEW”, because then you’d be sitting around for seven years waiting for the payoff and being constantly prodded to the edge of your sanity by the booking

But man, what a payoff.
tk should do the opposite of that since there was a real opportunity/monetary cost to have crowned naito right before the pandemic

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

explosivo posted:

Eddie looking like Artie Lange a year ago

Things were uh, not good for Eddie at the time.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

El Gallinero Gros posted:

And look at him now.

https://twitter.com/hmnprsn/status/1411476247272558593?s=21

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Coaaab posted:

tk should do the opposite of that since there was a real opportunity/monetary cost to have crowned naito right before the pandemic

Eh, maybe, but the point was the big Tokyo Dome gate, which you could pretty successfully argue they peaked perfectly.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Hangman lost to Jericho, took the blame for losing the tag titles and got beaten by Kenny already at Full Gear. These events were spread out over the span of 2 years. This does not need to drag out any longer

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I had no idea who he was before he showed up for that one Dynamite but I get the sense by seeing him improve through the last year and listening to all the interviews and people talk about the guy that this whole thing has really given him a renewed sense of purpose. Eddie embodies that 'lived life slumming it on the indies' vibe and you can tell it's real and I think that's why I connected with him immediately. I shudder to think of what WWE would've done with him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Darby is the Naito of AEW.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Rhonne posted:

When they introduce the Trios Titles, the Elite should send Cutler, Nakazawa, and I dunno, one of the Good Brothers? to win the titles for the team. They can be the Elite B-Team...the Semi-Elite...The Average.

B Elite, B B Elite.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Darby is the Naito of AEW.

Forget the Naito of AEW who is the Goto of AEW (It's Cody)

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hangman defeats Kenny

Hangman loses the belt at a texas roadhouse

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Archer.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Lance Archer

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

MJeff posted:

Eh, maybe, but the point was the big Tokyo Dome gate, which you could pretty successfully argue they peaked perfectly.

They also pretty much immediately sold out Osaka-jo Hall off the back of Naito/KENTA and Moxley/Suzuki being the top of the card, so had the pandemic not happened and shut them down for three months and forced them to return with empty houses and later extremely limited ones, they probably would have continued to have giant gates for the big shows. Hell, the EVIL title change probably would have even worked because they could have booked things over six months and not like two weeks to set it up.

But yeah, the point was to pull a huge gate for two nights at the Dome and they did 30,000 people on a work night in Japan for the title change + Liger’s retirement match, which is pretty loving ridiculous. And it’s not like any company really predicted that they’d have to be running shows in front of zero fans. Hell, almost all of Mox’s entire run as AEW champ was under the pandemic, and Drew got his big crowning win over Brock right in the middle of it and proceeded to also lose it, regain it, and lose it again before fans came back. Roman’s whole heel run has been in front of zero live crowds so far. Doesn’t feel like you can call anyone out for pulling any trigger when they did, because everything kinda became a huge mess fairly quick.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Crapple! posted:

Hangman lost to Jericho, took the blame for losing the tag titles and got beaten by Kenny already at Full Gear. These events were spread out over the span of 2 years. This does not need to drag out any longer

Yeah, when Hangman gets to face Kenny he should win.

He's already bottomed out, I don't think anything is gained from him losing.

What I'm curious about is how they're going to have Kenny lose the Impact title without it or him being diminished in the process.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Happy Anniversary to Eddie cutting the promo that got him in the door:

Two minutes to make me an Eddie Kingston fan. Then I watched him wrestle Cody, and holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Problem with trying to do Okada/Kenny but with Hangman is that unlike Okada crowds are pretty ready for Kenny to lose/getting tired of the run ins and AEW doesn't have as hot a feud as Okada/Naito lined up to carry business. And if you have Hangman lose at All out only to win at Full Gear it'd feel....cheap I think.