Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Thank the Ancient gods that the emus don't have lights in their chests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

The Saucer Hovers posted:

sans irony the cassowary is the only bird ive ever looked in the eyes and been absolutely sure it wanted to murder me with every cell in its body

clever girl

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Objurium posted:

Took the NODS out to the desert last night, didn't get any birds but that fuzzy disc in the center is Andromeda which is loving cool.

Jupiter was also crazy bright.

Night vision is cool. The hunt continues.

What is that make/model? How are you taking pics? Looks alright in photos, honestly, not sure if it's any sharper irl but that seems pretty nice

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

had a ufos dream last night.

basically i lived in the mountains overlooking a small city, like a cabin on a mountainside. In the dark, me and others kept seeing these little dots in the sky. Eventually I got the idea to shine my laser pointer at them, and their reaction was immediate. They grew into swirling balls of green and red fire, swirling around and multiplying till there were tons of them, changing colors as they flew around and returning giant blasts of powerful green light back at me

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

i had a ufo dream too and this time I was the one doing the probing

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
if my calculations are correct, when this bird hits aitee-aitee miles per hour, you gonna see some serious poo poo

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing

Delta-Wye posted:

if my calculations are correct, when this bird hits aitee-aitee miles per hour, you gonna see some serious poo poo

a bird flying at over mach 2!!

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib

endocriminologist posted:

According to the Ra Material...

gently caress yeah, Ra material posting time! I really like this stuff, although it's really off the deep end and so far away from nuts & bolts stuff that no 'serious' ufologist will ever acknowledge it. But the material itself is really fascinating - even if it actually turns out to be fully fictional, I haven never read anything that will sound more like it was actually transmitted by a hyperdimensional collective intelligence that does its best to communicate concisely to humans about important cosmic laws without infringing on our free will. Very coherent, but very 'alien'.

Second favourite "maybe it's just great fiction, maybe it's actual ETs stuff" is the @sandiawisdom twitter account (https://twitter.com/SandiaWisdom) associated with friendly zeta dudes/dudettes. Pretty consistent output through the last years, content that isn't touching the usual conspiracy or rainbow new age angles that many obviously crazy accounts are involve in ...and tbh if you read some of the material presented and try the suggested meditatiins for a few days, you will have the most interesting/strange dreams of your lives. Also great: The account has a natural "best before" date as the P'nti are adamant on some kind of first contact scenario happening in the autumn of 2021. (The account argues that the ETs are 95% sure that earth will eat a giant CME during this 11y cycle and need to get basic official contact done before our global electronic communication interface is fried to hell - as they don't want to get shot at or cause mass-suicides when they arrive to help out before 80% of humanity starves).

UMMO content is a distant third, but I kinda like that stuff becaue the Ummo appear like very honest and intellectual, but also very spergy space explorers that are pretty new to the whole "first contact" thing and try their best to connect although their thinking is very different from us (and we are disgusting Yahoos that are loving up in a million obvious ways).

SavageGentleman has issued a correction as of 22:20 on Jul 4, 2021

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

at least the good folks up at UMMO have the sense to put their logo on the exterior of their craft

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Croikey mate it's a bloomin teec-tec

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

id have called it a chrip warbler

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.
My girlfriend said the aliens brought Donald Rumsfields soul into her dreams where he asked her “I was a good person wasn’t I? They didnt let me into paradise, can you tell me, am I a good person?”

She said no and kicked rumsfield.

These aliens sure know how to give her a good time.

They also say that she should leave me and I am not a part of this, over and over again, and get scared when seeing I’m In the house sleeping next to her.

I always see aliens in my dreams terrified in the corner trying to run away from my nightmares coincidently.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
your gf is extremely mentally ill, lad

OrangéJéllo
Aug 31, 2001

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

Hey hey whoa whoa, she didnt mention anything about birds.

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

Bro its just a dream. Its not happening when she is awake.

they also are really bad at making tea, they always offer it to her and it tastes like dirt.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

The Vinja Ninja posted:

These aliens sure know how to give her a good time.
cucked by birds, smdh

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

https://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/ViewImage.aspx?B=30030606&S=1

Wheeee has issued a correction as of 00:51 on Jul 5, 2021

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Sneezy, Sleepy, and Dopey trying to get a rabbit out of the hutch like the three stooges when they get jumped by Yosemite Sam with the acme blunderbuss

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Lil aliens liberating bunnies

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

The Demilich posted:

That looks badass, I want goggles now.
You have any recommendations?

Thanks! See below.

Delta-Wye posted:

What is that make/model? How are you taking pics? Looks alright in photos, honestly, not sure if it's any sharper irl but that seems pretty nice

Whole setup is a white phosphorus / photonis PVS14 that I have my Pixel 2 attached to via a TNVC adapter. That's with my phone on its digital 2x setting to try and crop in past the monocle's ring, but yeah in person it's much more crisp when you've just got it to your eye.

It sucked biting the bullet and throwing down that kind of cash for what's basically a toy (and a good chunk of that was stimulus money even) but it's also been mega cool having a piece of basically magic technology to take out backpacking and poo poo. If you're gonna grab one, white phosphorus tubes are the way to go - they've got that minty green look to them that I find much easier on the eyes than the traditional lime tubes.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

he'll yea i wanna buy some white phosphorus

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Apparently that Australian document was listed in 08 but only gained traction recently.
Apparently it was "listed" but not actively searchable/digitized so you'd have to know it existed to find it

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Objurium posted:

white phosphorus

please do not warcrime birds

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The Australian report loving rules.

This is a good one for the big science brains havers:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

at this point they're probably stalling disclosure as much as possible to delay the righteous murderous rage many will feel upon admittance of covering up something so important to all humanity for an entire lifetime

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Jupiter is actually just a very large bird

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

woah just saw some large glowing white orbs in the sky, followed by red ones, followed by ones of all different colors. this repeated for almost an hour. sometimes there was a sound associated with their movement but sometimes they flew through the air upward faster than a plane yet completely silent. other times a large shockwave or boom was associated with their upward ascent

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

endocriminologist posted:

Four handsome men with brown skin - text me

aw poo poo did these dudes go to ancient Israel

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Slavvy posted:

The Australian report loving rules.

This is a good one for the big science brains havers:

I won't blame skeptics for a second, all of this is very weird

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Wheeee posted:

at this point they're probably stalling disclosure as much as possible to delay the righteous murderous rage many will feel upon admittance of covering up something so important to all humanity for an entire lifetime

I keep intermittently feeling really loving bad for people who died 1000% believing in this and just being ridiculed, or people who thought it was insane dying feeling vindicated

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

How do we get Elon to spend a couple mil on this

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

woah just saw some large glowing white orbs in the sky, followed by red ones, followed by ones of all different colors. this repeated for almost an hour. sometimes there was a sound associated with their movement but sometimes they flew through the air upward faster than a plane yet completely silent. other times a large shockwave or boom was associated with their upward ascent

that's happening here too :ohdear:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

why would you want to ruin the UFO hype like that

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
i just saw all the UFOs at once. every single one of them.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

lol if Eric Davis has been right all along

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Wheeee posted:

lol if Eric Davis has been right all along

ive tried to watch & read everything i can find about this guy, and i can't make heads or tails. im constantly getting the vibe he's full of poo poo but that's the business he's in so idk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS5G3OnRjPg&t=86s
edit:
its possible to find interviews and stuff with him and quite frankly i can see why there has been slow progress on reverse engineering when i start seeing the folks involved lmao https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3CcaP3yAkc

EWD docs for those who haven't seen them
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6185702-Eric-Davis-meeting-with-Adm-Wilson.html

Delta-Wye has issued a correction as of 05:22 on Jul 5, 2021

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Ok but wait, what the gently caress?

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

UnknownTarget posted:

Ok but wait, what the gently caress?

Seriously, what the gently caress. This looks real?????

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

:tinylue:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

UnknownTarget posted:

Seriously, what the gently caress. This looks real?????

Birds are real. Is anyone really contesting that fact?