Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Yakuza Kiwami 81.25 %

Almost as much fun as zero after a rocky start, and I still got a kick out of Majima popping out of trash cans right up to the end. Doubt I'll 100% it due to impossible tasks (haruka karaoke, finding idol goro even once) but I'm going to gently caress around in premium adventure for a bit before moving on to 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

25. a) Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty

More of a standalone DLC to the previous game than a full release. Up next is one that I've heard is the best in the series so I'm looking forward to it.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

13. Disco Elysium

Weird game to beat on July 4th, but kind of fitting. Very excellent game.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Oxenfree
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Night in the Woods
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
  • Yakuza 3 Remastered
  • Binary Domain
  • Yakuza 4 Remastered
  • Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster
  • Mario Golf: Super Rush

The core golfing is still good, but they've removed all of the tech style shots in favor of speed golf. There are only 5 main courses here.. which is wack as gently caress. I dunno. I like this game, but it seems lacking in a lot of areas. 3/5 solo, 5/5 with friends

Hiraeth
May 14, 2021
you should play yakuza dead souls and tell us what it's like, synthy

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
not exactly a game beat but I finally got past the 500@2:28 barrier in TGM3 Shirase mode :feelsgood:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yakuza 5.

i really liked this one, it's a massive step up fron 3/4. not quite as good as 0 but a really good game. its kind of a mess structurally because of the five protagonist thing and the plot doesnt totally come together the way i wanted it to but man there are some really loving good moments and tons of times where i got to stand up and yell gently caress YEAH at the screen. To me, Kazuma Kiryu...is family.

so excited for 6

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

AdmiralViscen posted:

1. Sackboy: A Big Adventure (1/13)
2. Jedi: Fallen Order (1/15)
3. Hitman 3 (1/27)
4. Cyber Shadow (1/31)
5. Yoshi’s Crafted World (2/6)
6. Bowser’s Fury (2/13)
7. Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection (2/28)
8. Picross S6 (5/7)
9. New Pokémon Snap (5/7)
10. Luigi’s Mansion 3 (6/24)
11. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (6/28)

I rolled credits on this. Really enjoyed it, but it’s probably mid pack for the series. I’m going to go for some more collectibles (especially for the extra gun) and probably do a challenge mode run too. First I’m gonna play INTERmission though. I’m also working on Super Rush adventure mode. Gaming nirvana

12. Mario Golf: Super Rush (6/30)
13. Final Fantasy VII Remake: INTERmission (7/5)

That was a fantastic DLC. I think I’m gonna replay the whole game now. Mario Golf is kind of soft. Otherwise I’m gonna start playing more Returnal and Age of Calamity.

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 5, 2021

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Awesome game

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I didn't add it to my list but I beat mass effect 1 again. Feel really bad because I've got way more better games to finish like Yakuza 1, Witcher 3, Bloodborne and I'm thinking about trying Alpha Protocol. Can't stop playing this lovely game written by polyamorous funko pop collectors who have never read anything outside the YA section.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Awesome game

Rebirth is good too. FYI

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Rebirth is good too. FYI

Yeah I think I’m gonna grab it before the steam sale ends

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Touhou Luna Nights

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Later Alligator

cute

wasn't sure what this was, thought it was like a mystery adventure game or something?
it's not, really, it's a... cute alligator game. :shrug:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Putting the full list here so I can quote it next time.

1. Cyberpunk 2077
2. A Link to the Past
3. Disco Elysium
4. Yakuza 0
5. Yakuza Kiwami
6. Yakuza Kiwami 2
7. Yakuza 3

8. Yakuza 4.

My completion rate was 75 percent. The only things I didn't end up doing were the final substory (I lost once at the last combat and didn't feel like doing the whole thing over, lol), mini-games, weapon modding (I hate it), and the Coliseum and Minimaida machine stuff that you can only get in the finale. Once all the guys got together, I just wanted to finish it up.

Gonna disagree with the consensus this was bad. The story got completely absurd toward the end in some unnecessary silly ways but it played really well. I think it's a big step up from 3, which suffers from really bad combat. That's 5 out of 9 Yakuza games beaten. Onto 5, then 6, then Judgement, and then Like a Dragon. I expect 5 will take me most of the rest of the summer; I hear it's long.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah! posted:

thats only three

e: bicyclops beaten games list:

1. Cyberpunk 2077. Street Kid. Panam ending, left Johnny in Mikoshi All side missions and police hustle, all cars.
2. A Link to the Past
3. Disco Elysium
4. Yakuza 0. All substories. 100 percent completion.
5. Yakuza Kiwami All substories, 100 percent completion.
6. Yakuza Kiwami 2 Full completion list, all substories (+ Majima saga)
7. Yakuza 3
8. Yakuza 4

i donated you a page one post fyi

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

Touhou Luna Nights

i think they added a boss i never beat maybe i'll replay it since its 4 hours long

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I didn't add it to my list but I beat mass effect 1 again. Feel really bad because I've got way more better games to finish like Yakuza 1, Witcher 3, Bloodborne and I'm thinking about trying Alpha Protocol. Can't stop playing this lovely game written by polyamorous funko pop collectors who have never read anything outside the YA section.

it's okay to like mass effect even though bioware sucks. let your inner gamer fly

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

i think they added a boss i never beat maybe i'll replay it since its 4 hours long

yeah after i beat the game it opened a new area that ill play tonight

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

i donated you a page one post fyi

awesome, thank you :cheers:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

loop hero.

this game needs some balance passes and gets pretty grindy towards the end as camp upgrades are less "a nice boost" and more "completely needed for victory" and the necromancer is stupid overpowered in a good way, didn't expect the story to draw me in as much as it did. good game overall

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

elf help book posted:

not beating dragon quest builders 2 due to save game bugs

UPDATE

the game got a patch and i saw a single random post saying this bug was fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bicyclops, should i wait for the next gen re-release of cyberpunk or just grab it now? have a series x.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

bicyclops, should i wait for the next gen re-release of cyberpunk or just grab it now? have a series x.

i'm in the minority but i don't think it makes that much of a difference what you play it on. graphics and performance weren't the problem, it just has a generally unfinished feeling to it that carries across platforms. it's still a solid game IMO, there are just some problems, and i don't really think they've fixed them, or will. 2-3 times all the people in a dungeon i was in all started t-posing and couldn't be interacted with, there were a couple of quests where the map marker was definitely in the completely wrong place, there are some late quests that have weird bugs that make things hard to trigger, and the crafting system is miserable. it's possible the t-posing thing was a console-specific issue but tbh i doubt it.

FWIW, i have never gotten through a full playthrough of any bethesda game without having to pop open to console to fix something gamebreaking at least once, but i did complete all of the content in cyberpunk.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I played it on Series X and the only issues I had were two or three freezes across over a hundred hours of playtime and the usual minor physics and AI glitches you get in any game like this. This was within a few weeks of launch too. You should be fine.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Mario Golf: Super Rush

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
21. Medal of Honour: Vanguard (Veteran, All Weapons)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

8) Slap City - Story Mode with all characters

Probably the only fun I've had in smash singleplayer since like melee adventure mode when I was 12

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Beat Sonic Forces yesterday. Usually in 3D Sonics I hate them at first, then decide to at least look for collectibles because I really enjoy exploration, then suddenly it clicks and the game becomes mostly fun. I don't know about this one, though. It's both hyper-polished and somehow extremely badly made. It feels terrible to play when it lets me. You keep getting meaningless tchotchkes to outfit your character with.

okay who am I kidding I will totally get all the red rings and then post about how it's actually kinda fun once you get used to the weird-rear end acceleration and the dumbass wisp system

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Told myself I gotta beat all the 2d metroids before the new one comes out. The only ones I ever beat in the past were super metroid (God tier game) and metroid 2 on the game boy. Finally beat this today

I really enjoyed fusion. Not as good as super metroid (nothing is) but still a really good game that I've been meaning to beat since I bought it on launch. I still had the Nintendo power players guide for it in my closet lol

Now to beat the other gba metroid game, Zero Mission
Both Fusion and ZM own a lot, enjoy your time with it. If you like the fluid movement and wonder about some weird shortcuts you found, consider a replay where you gently caress around a little, maybe look up some tricks. It's designed to be sequence broken in a way I haven't seen in any other game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

even I think forces isn't remotely worth putting any time into, it's just that boring

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

simply simon it sounds like from your repeated posting you don't actually enjoy the video games you are playing. if you are playing a game and it is not fun or rewarding, have you considered just playing a different one?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

STONE COLD 64 posted:

simply simon it sounds like from your repeated posting you don't actually enjoy the video games you are playing. if you are playing a game and it is not fun or rewarding, have you considered just playing a different one?
I know it sounds like that, but I do actually enjoy playing "bad" games a lot. Either I lol about how bad they are a lot while playing and lol again when reminiscing online, or - and that happens a surprising amount of time - I realize what the designers were going for, find a lot of genuinely good parts, and start enjoying them for what they are. Hence my stockholm thread.

I do purposefully seek out a lot of games that look bad because I'm curious to how they feel. I'm often positively surprised. "Bad" games are a lot more interesting than mediocre ones. I'm mostly sad that Forces seems to fall squarely on the mediocre side.

If you want to have a list of games I beat this year that I fully enjoyed, here goes:
- Persona 4 Golden
- Hades*
- Slay the Spire*
- Final Fantasy 7 (original, replay, still owns)
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Halo: CE (co-op with a buddy)
- Hollow Knight
- Dark Souls 2 (for like the tenth time)

*as much as you can "beat" a Roguelike, I'm still playing both

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Simply Simon posted:

I know it sounds like that, but I do actually enjoy playing "bad" games a lot. Either I lol about how bad they are a lot while playing and lol again when reminiscing online, or - and that happens a surprising amount of time - I realize what the designers were going for, find a lot of genuinely good parts, and start enjoying them for what they are. Hence my stockholm thread.

I do purposefully seek out a lot of games that look bad because I'm curious to how they feel. I'm often positively surprised. "Bad" games are a lot more interesting than mediocre ones. I'm mostly sad that Forces seems to fall squarely on the mediocre side.

If you want to have a list of games I beat this year that I fully enjoyed, here goes:
- Persona 4 Golden
- Hades*
- Slay the Spire*
- Final Fantasy 7 (original, replay, still owns)
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Halo: CE (co-op with a buddy)
- Hollow Knight
- Dark Souls 2 (for like the tenth time)

*as much as you can "beat" a Roguelike, I'm still playing both

you use so many fuckin words to say simple concepts, jesus

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I like Simply Simone's posts.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

I like Simply Simone's posts.

I find them very helpful when I have trouble falling asleep at night

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

because you touch yourself at night :D

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Simply Simon posted:

have you tried just playing some good games though?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I follow this philosophy and it is why I cannot actually post in this thread.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

play the games featured in this thread and then post there. you will find the joy you seek

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3949378

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

STONE COLD 64 posted:

play the games featured in this thread and then post there. you will find the joy you seek

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3949378

I shelved Yakuza 0. I'm a video games criminal.

Maybe I'll pick it up again today. I didn't dislike it, but I had just gotten a Series S and I had not had a non-Nintendo console since the PS3/360 days so there was a whole world of shiny doodads available to me on Game Pass.