Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Things would have been a lot different if Ezekiel had SAMs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

splifyphus posted:

they could save us, but watching us kill a planet is just better entertainment value. the prime directive states they can only interfere if it would make better television.

if this was how things worked trump would still be prez

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

splifyphus posted:

my money is on they're film crews/xenologists and 'planet of the apes: climates apocalypse' is an extremely popular galactic reality tv show

NUFORC posted:

I was 15 and on my August holidays from school and travelling with my father and 2 other men on a surveying trip to the interior of Guyana. We were in the New River / Courentyne River area across from Suriname. At dawn we were awake by the noise of all sorts of animals causing a commotion by the river. we rushed from the bushes to the river and saw a large silver saucer hoovering over the middle of the river. It appeared to be drawing up water in a upside down funnel shape into a iris-shaped opening in the underside. We watched it for about 10 min. then suddenly the water spout fell back down and the craft shot straight up until it disappeared. The others with me were my late father, ((name deleted)) - a surveyor, ((name deleted)), my uncle - a guide in the interior and a Amerindian local guide named ((deleted)).

A few weeks later in the same general area, we chased a loud sound overhead in thick forest and managed to get glimpses through the thick vegetation of a shiny object that suddenly disapeared. Our Indian tracker couldn't identify footprints we saw on a sandy beach we came upon that had a fire burning on the sand. It was just flames in a ball that had no obvious souce of fuel. We threw water on the fire but it did not go out. Eventually, we looked around and left. Things we observed at the "campsite" were that something with three legs was over the ball of fire. There were some fruits on the beach with bite marks in them. Our Amerindian guide could not identify the friut as from around the area. We saw the bite marks as small with round teeth marks. Some of the foot prints appeared to been shoed and others, smaller child sized were barefooted. Nothing was unusual about the footprints, they seemed human but were spaced close as if the person had short legs for the size of foot. Other claw shaped footprints seemed to have been frolicking with the small prints at the waters edge. ((The guide)), an expert in forest wildlife could not identify the claw marks. None entered the water and there were no prints coming to or fr! om the s andy beach. It was as if they just dropped down on the sandy beach or jumped off something in the water. The area seems devoid of wildlife, most unusual, not even insects were around the beach. This existed for about 20 feet in a circle around the beach camp area. Then at the perimeter of the circle life teemed as usual.

On our way back a few weeks later, we visited the area again and saw signs that there were fresh footprints, the fruits did not show signs of decay and the area was still devoid of life. At the edge of the perimeter area, we found the carcass of a jaguar. The back legs were outside the area and was decomposing and the rest of the carcass that laid inside the area was still fresh and even the blood from it's mouth was still liquid. Animal tracks in the sand of the beach area stooped abruptly at the perimeter of a circle that was about 20' round.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

bedpan posted:

*air force guy with four stars on his shoulders* UFOs are another of Satan's plans to corrupt and destroy His children

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

from what ive gathered all the competent people and big brains are in the navy while the air force is full of dudebros and psycho religious nuts

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i watched greer's new cosmic hoax video today. not quite sure what to make of him, feels very catty but i can't disagree with his general thesis of it being amazing/not-amazing that everyone takes intel agents at their word (then fast cut to a doty interview lmao)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Delta-Wye posted:

i watched greer's new cosmic hoax video today. not quite sure what to make of him

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Greer was peddling crystals and new age bull poo poo a few years ago (probably still is), he's 100% fraud lol

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
what if crystals are real!?

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
They're not

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Hirsute posted:

They're not

I've seen some pretty realistic crystals

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hirsute posted:

They're not

you're probably not charging them right, pm me

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

crystals are just birdshit

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Hirsute posted:

They're not

Sounds like you need to open your root chakra.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol this imagine is nuts ty trump

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

for an old like me i cant overstate how this same narrative has been going on since forever. 1990 was forever ago gently caress u

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

yeah it follows the narrative will continue in status and in twenty years time some kid will be trying to fit in by referencing art bell

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

any updates or news on the Aliens?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

CODChimera posted:

between the recent australian docs that came to light and that long but awesome ross coulthart interview, australia has been leading the charge!

edit: they've got birds down under like you wouldn't believe

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

oh yeah aus knows what to do with aliens

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Azathoth posted:

i think the part where it really hit me was the search for steve fossett in 2007 where in a week they found 8 other aircraft crash sites no one knew about, including one from WW2. even on land where wreckage would be visible at a minimum if someone stumbled by, nope 8 other airplanes just sitting there no one had ever found before

it's a miracle anything ever gets found underwater

:cthulhu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP6Lp2IOZkY

the wind birds did it

also lol that the "Nevada" triangle is mostly in CA

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

CODChimera posted:

a new completely unintelligible video where nothing happens has been found

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Delta-Wye posted:

between the recent australian docs that came to light and that long but awesome ross coulthart interview, australia has been leading the charge!

edit: they've got birds down under like you wouldn't believe

ok theyre paracausal alchemists, i knew it. look at that loving circle of power right there *whistles* someones about to turn lead into gold amirite?! *holding up hand in ascendance NOT HIGH FIVE*

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Sleekly posted:

oh yeah aus knows what to do with aliens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hygMjrgVd-I

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

actually it is totally likely that some australian petty official ends up being responsible for disclosure due to just being a stubborn motherfucker over a parking ticket or some obscure emissions rule

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

oi mate a gray nicked me footy last night down in brisvegas

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Crow Zone posted:

I've seen some pretty realistic crystals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-xiFI6SldM

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Google Butt posted:

oi mate a gray nicked me footy last night down in brisvegas

lol theyll gently caress up one of the various grand finals obviously and visibly and i promise the outrage will be on the result of the game and not the fuckin birds

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
I remember the @sandiawisdom account suggesting that we allow pre-trained machine vision algorithms to comb through as much camera material taken from airplanes or sky-facing surveillance cams (even dashboard cams) as possible. Apparently a few of their craft are so fast/have minimal camo issues that they are only visible within normal wavelengths for a few frames, but algos could still notice these anomalies and deliver some pretty tasty images.

Edit: same account makes it sound like at least these grey dudes are desperatley trying to outnavigate certain treaty limitations re public visibilty and are now more and more often hanging around close to big events, hoping that noone notices the 1% likely 1/10 second long "failure" in part of their camo. "Oh no, everyone can see my butt, good gracious me, how could that happen" etc.

SavageGentleman has issued a correction as of 10:29 on Jul 6, 2021

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Farm Frenzy posted:

a new completely unintelligible video where nothing happens has been found

oo i love those!

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

SavageGentleman posted:

I remember the @sandiawisdom account suggesting that we allow pre-trained machine vision algorithms to comb through as much camera material taken from airplanes or sky-facing surveillance cams
The Chinese UAP task force is doing something like this. They say some of the craft aren't theirs and they want the issue discussed at the UN.
https://twitter.com/Debriefmedia/status/1400912667917918208?s=20

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

The Chinese UAP task force is doing something like this. They say some of the craft aren't theirs and they want the issue discussed at the UN.
https://twitter.com/Debriefmedia/status/1400912667917918208?s=20

AI looking for UFOs running on processors that we reverse engineered from crashed UFOs, we've come full circle.

Also: Society is actually controlled by an alien shadow AI that was downloaded into all computers via the WOW signal. I will not elaborate further.

Butternubs has issued a correction as of 11:02 on Jul 6, 2021

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

i dont know why i find ben browder so charming. its probably the accent

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Vomik posted:

aren’t nuclear weapons literally the same reaction as how stars are powered? what would a more advanced weapon look like? I’m sure there has to be military research into that

I think this is the end game, unless someone kicks off vacuum decay.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole_bomb

Birds creep me out.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
probably best weapon once you’re a mega technology species is throwing big rocks. a hint of the old world is reflected in the new.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Azathoth posted:

my favorite part of this was when they found a flight of avengers in the water off florida and it turned out to have been a completely separate missing flight and not flight 19. completely normal thing to find, didn't make anyone question just how insane things were back then

This one was great because if I remember the TV show I saw right (and if that show wasn't bullshit itself) it wasn't a single other flight but crashed aircraft from multiple flights that all ended up in the same area.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/dailystar/status/1412405691839660042?s=20

:tinfoil:

aitee

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I too followed a star!

The Daily Star!!!!

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
come on even the loving iss can’t take a good photo??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
We already know that birds have +4 resistance to photography