Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Holy poo poo he got his legs run over tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Imgur said he was fine, didn’t get his legs. Hurt his leg from the fall and he went to the hospital, but the train didn’t run him over.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

yea. i wonder if the person pulling kept at it would he had moved him in time

e: the leg is censored, i assume it was hit somehow?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

gently caress I was wrong it got his legs and they blurred it. I’ll go edit my post.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Hahaha god that's awful and hilarious.

*Shows funny traffic blooper*
"Oh poo poo that guy totally died, here's someone being saved to lighten the mood!"
*Guys legs get cut off by train*

For our next video, here's someone having fun onsite with a blanket that turns out to be Asbestos;

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Ok, here's just a video of some guys playing soccer in their makeshift warehouse and their lovely shelves full of t-shirts all fall down, that's lighthearted right... Breaking news tonight, 3 men found dead tonight after succumbing to carbon monoxide poisoning in their business.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasmosis

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Cartoon Man posted:

It went through right above the five hole.

Now he's got a 6 hole.

Ghost Who Walks
Jul 15, 2005

High Five.
Bangalla style.

Cartoon Man posted:

Ross Katanga sounds like a Bond villain’s name.

As no-one addressed it; I was thinking the same and that, more specifically, they might have just used this dude's name for the villain of this very movie.

Neither of us were quite right as Yaphet Kotto plays the similarly-named Kananga instead.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Ghost Who Walks posted:

As no-one addressed it; I was thinking the same and that, more specifically, they might have just used this dude's name for the villain of this very movie.

Neither of us were quite right as Yaphet Kotto plays the similarly-named Kananga instead.

The guy's actual name was Ross Kananga and the movie did lift his name;

The charismatic Kananga inspired screenplay writer Tom Mankiewicz to name the film's villain Dr. Kananga.[6] Inside Live and Let Die: Live and Let Die Ultimate Edition, Disc 2 (DVD). MGM/UA Home Video. 2000. ASIN: B000LY209E.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The sound it makes when he kicks it up loving rules.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/3SZPeIL.mp4

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

That was a good palate cleanser after the previous page. Thank you.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I've also seen that with welding.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Poor guy got halfway through framing his roof before the price of lumber skyrocketed.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Backup at sawmills?

Where we’re going, we don’t need sawmills!

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's a few where noone dies or gets maimed :ohdear:

sound on
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qvj90qD8J11s1ddrj.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qvhc3o5qkI1qigfjt.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qvbdi2n1NB1qigfjt.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qv62ivDYl01qigfjt.mp4

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

This awesome and expensive SUV will go anywhere... as soon as I get a tow truck to get me off this big ball.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Driver really went balls out on that one

e: tfw you sit on your own trucknuts

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Neutrino posted:

This awesome and expensive SUV will go anywhere... as soon as I get a tow truck to get me off this big ball.
Maybe the first time it's been high centered but definitely not the last.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

The arrow on the sign clearly says to look left, not right.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Neutrino posted:

Its a goner, bleeding lots of lubricants apparently.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

CommieGIR posted:

Its a goner, bleeding lots of lubricants apparently.
How can you tell if that's any different from it's baseline leaking?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I feel like I do this a lot in this thread but “That’s not so bad he’d have to miss incredibly badly to hit his own fing-lol.”

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Truck Nut

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qvtyv39VMI1r0uzl6.mp4

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I feel like there needs to be some sort of mass education campaign to let people know that the crossing arms are meant to be able to be broken or snapped or lifted out of the way if you're trapped.
If you're stuck inside the crossing arms just drive through the stupid thing!

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

FCKGW posted:

I feel like there needs to be some sort of mass education campaign to let people know that the crossing arms are meant to be able to be broken or snapped or lifted out of the way if you're trapped.
If you're stuck inside the crossing arms just drive through the stupid thing!

You'll scratch your vehicle and maybe break a window/side mirror.

The alternative is replacing the whole vehicle at your own expense (insurance won't cover it), raising your insurance premiums (because you stopped on train tracks), and maybe get a by-stander killed from the train turning your vehicle into confetti and a piece of that confetti-car hits Dave in the heart while he was walking his granddaughter Janice's puppy while she's at school.
Now every time little Janice looks at that dog, she get reminded of when you killed pop-pop and cries herself to sleep.

If you're stuck inside the crossing arms just drive through the stupid thing! Don't break little Janice's heart.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
So I've been reading this thread for over a year and have finally caught up so I can add to the conversation. Just want to say that I've learned a lot and it's nice to hear from other tradesman who value safety. I've met far too many who don't in my ten years as a mechanic. Two recent things I caught with my phone.

So I'm at my local dive bar one afternoon. The building next door is an old KFC that has been for abandoned and for sale for almost five years. Someone finally bought the property and a crew has been inside doing renovations. It's a cold and there's a very brisk wind coming off the ocean so I get into this little alcove in front of the aforementioned building to have a smoke. I can hear hammering and power tools going on inside but failed to notice one thing.

Just as I put out my cigarette and head back inside this falls through that hole right where I was standing.

The next day there was caution tape covering the alcove.

I also recently saw my first truckfuckling in the wild.

Moments after seeing this I was in the midst of a mass shooting.

https://abc7news.com/oakland-lake-merritt-shooting-gang-sf-gangs-juneteenth/10817198/

My girlfriend and I were about 100' from the shooters when it happened.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

James Woods posted:

Moments after seeing this I was in the midst of a mass shooting.

https://abc7news.com/oakland-lake-merritt-shooting-gang-sf-gangs-juneteenth/10817198/

My girlfriend and I were about 100' from the shooters when it happened.

Hello fellow recent shooting survivor. I was walking down the street on the way to lunch two weeks ago and got caught in the middle of a drive by. Some twenty shots were fired towards my sidewalk at a car and none hit the vehicle or occupants, but the chased car hit the curb and a tree at like 40 when their chaser drive off. I made the initial 911 call and was one of two witnesses. I have a picture from the cleanup with five shells evidence marked in the street very near the tree I ducked behind.

Hearing whizzing and ricochets seems to stick with a person, and probably only gets worse with professional exposure. I can only imagine my mental state if the two young men at my scene didn't survive or more people were injured. Sounds like you've been through a lot and talking to a professional might help. <3

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 6, 2021

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
my one exposure to a shooting has made me hate fireworks. july 4th is officially not cool anymore. take care of yourselves, friends.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bad Munki posted:

Driver really went balls out on that one

e: tfw you sit on your own trucknuts

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://i.imgur.com/Nxpx1UB.mp4

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

ILL Machina posted:

Hello fellow recent shooting survivor. I was walking down the street on the way to lunch two weeks ago and got caught in the middle of a drive by. Some twenty shots were fired towards my sidewalk at a car and none hit the vehicle or occupants, but the chased car hit the curb and a tree at like 40 when their chaser drive off. I made the initial 911 call and was one of two witnesses. I have a picture from the cleanup with five shells evidence marked in the street very near the tree I ducked behind.

Hearing whizzing and ricochets seems to stick with a person, and probably only gets worse with professional exposure. I can only imagine my mental state if the two young men at my scene didn't survive or more people were injured. Sounds like you've been through a lot and talking to a professional might help. <3

For me it wasn't the first time I'd been in the middle of gunshots fired in anger so I'm good. I was more concerned about my girlfriend who's only ever been around gunfire at a shooting range. She's dealing with it like a Rockstar because she's a bad rear end heavy metal anarchist from Catalunya. More than anything I'm sad that a community celebration for POC was sullied by senseless violence.

From my mechanic days the best I can muster is from my time as a chief mechanic at a consignment shop working on old Ferraris and Bentleys. We had this old 38' Royls Royce come in and had an electrical issue nobody could diagnose. I (having bereft of both shop hands that day) called the sales manager to assist me on the job.). I told the guy "Don't crank it until i tell you to" This was understood as crank it immediately. What followed was thousands of volts being driven across my heart as the connection was made. gently caress that deaf rear end Hells Angel gently caress in the ear. I got shocked to the floor and was told to be more careful from then on.

I'll lighten the mood with an anecdote from my mechanic days. Was working at a consignment shop as chief mechanic for a stable of used Ferraris and Bentleys. I had this late 30s Rolls Royse come in and had to run a bunch of electrical tests because the butch wouldn't turn over. Both of my shop hands.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/protosphere_/status/1412573364015616000?s=20

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

James Woods posted:

For me it wasn't the first time I'd been in the middle of gunshots fired in anger so I'm good. I was more concerned about my girlfriend who's only ever been around gunfire at a shooting range. She's dealing with it like a Rockstar because she's a bad rear end heavy metal anarchist from Catalunya. More than anything I'm sad that a community celebration for POC was sullied by senseless violence.

From my mechanic days the best I can muster is from my time as a chief mechanic at a consignment shop working on old Ferraris and Bentleys. We had this old 38' Royls Royce come in and had an electrical issue nobody could diagnose. I (having bereft of both shop hands that day) called the sales manager to assist me on the job.). I told the guy "Don't crank it until i tell you to" This was understood as crank it immediately. What followed was thousands of volts being driven across my heart as the connection was made. gently caress that deaf rear end Hells Angel gently caress in the ear. I got shocked to the floor and was told to be more careful from then on.

I'll lighten the mood with an anecdote from my mechanic days. Was working at a consignment shop as chief mechanic for a stable of used Ferraris and Bentleys. I had this late 30s Rolls Royse come in and had to run a bunch of electrical tests because the butch wouldn't turn over. Both of my shop hands.

Don't leave me hanging. What happened next?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Fat Loser posted:

Don't leave me hanging. What happened next?

You'll find it rather shocking.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/smittyhalibut/status/1412554152140369923?s=20

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6B08FDh2AM

e: wow this entire channel is gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Sas7fX2ms

The Real Amethyst fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jul 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:yikes:

:ohno:

What is the story here and how does it not involve the photo taker dying in an explosion