Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i saw this on the news and my jaw dropped. it's a completely stupid move. this government has lost all of its agility and is clearly running on fumes to set up the opposition to take this clear a shot on them. even Ap couldn't miss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

V. Illych L. posted:

even Ap couldn't miss

And didn't, you'll be pleased to know. Trettebergstuen slammed it immediately.

Like... I know that we're more likely than not to end up with an 18 year age-limit and a marketing-ban, and maybe even a requirement for anyone that wants to go through with GCT ( for whatever reason ) to be told, explicitly, that it does not work. But for the government, especially Raja, who's been saying loudly for a while now that not only does the government and Raja personally want a ban, they are going to ban it, to not just go for the 18 year age limit and a ban on marketing immediately is just... asinine.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Venstre is just useless and pathetic. I'll be glad when they died like they should have done 120 years ago when they actually had done what they originally set out to do.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

if you don't actually want the maximalist position here just punt the issue and leave it to the next government to figure out. establish a committee or something. this half-measure nonsense followed by embarassing bleating about human rights(?!) is just ridiculous

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Yeah.

I mean, I didn't expect that we'd get a full on, total, "no-one can do this ever, to anyone" type of ban, but I had at least expected something closer to "no GCT to anyone under 18, and you can't loving advertise it, or anything remotely like it" instead of... this poo poo. Still, this quote from Aftenposten is hilarious.

Aftenposten posted:

KrF gir en lunken støtte, men sier de vil avvente høringssvarene fra trossamfunnene.

Samtidig sier en sentral KrF-kilde at forslaget i praksis innebærer at konverteringsterapi for første gang blir regulert som en lovlig aktivitet i Norge.

Statsministeren liker ikke den fremstillingen:

And for those who're english-speakers and reading this thread:

Aftenposten posted:

KrF gives tepid support, but say they will await reactions from faith-groups.

At the same time, a central KrF source says that the proposed legislation for all practical purposes, means that the gay conversion therapy for the first time will be regulated as a legal activity in Norway.

The Prime Minister does not like that portrayal:

Source: https://www.aftenposten.no/norge/politikk/i/qAzXpm/regjeringen-vil-forby-homoterapi-for-barn-vil-fortsatt-tillate-det-f

No poo poo she doesn't like someone in KrF being honest about the proposal.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TLM3101 posted:

And didn't, you'll be pleased to know. Trettebergstuen slammed it immediately.

Like... I know that we're more likely than not to end up with an 18 year age-limit and a marketing-ban, and maybe even a requirement for anyone that wants to go through with GCT ( for whatever reason ) to be told, explicitly, that it does not work. But for the government, especially Raja, who's been saying loudly for a while now that not only does the government and Raja personally want a ban, they are going to ban it, to not just go for the 18 year age limit and a ban on marketing immediately is just... asinine.

Raja is useless and his sole task as member of parliament seems to be taking fun selfies.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Seems like Coop's been hacked? All their stores are closed.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

fnox posted:

I sent a note to our managers on the account as we provide IT services to COOP. But it isn't us.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

fnox posted:

Might not be that. A bunch of MSP's have shut down their systems because there's an actively exploited zero-day in a widely used system.

e:

https://twitter.com/campuscodi/status/1411053576986767360

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jul 3, 2021

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
Visma Esscom is there one that affects Coop

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Per Gudmundson, newspaper editor, high profile right-wing writer and janitor-in-chief at the continually failing right-wing project Bulletin, just tweeted-and-deleted that immigration has lowered the IQ of public discourse in Sweden by 20-50 points. He quickly tried to pull a "I put out a clumsily worded tweet after a few beers. Sorry about that, moving on." but it is a pretty egregious gently caress up for someone this high profile and mainstream.

https://twitter.com/moabrglf/status/1411418302778425346

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Lol i thought he had the good sense to jump ship from Bulletin but apparently i misremembered. Or did he get hired after the high profile writers left?

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Anyone even remotely connected to bulletin should be publicly shamed for the rest of time

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

– Ærlig talt, dette tar jeg ikke på alvor. Slutt med dette. Slutt, slutt, SLUTT :allears:
PWA just absolutely loses it when told to justify his statements.

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

Alhazred posted:

– Ærlig talt, dette tar jeg ikke på alvor. Slutt med dette. Slutt, slutt, SLUTT :allears:
PWA just absolutely loses it when told to justify his statements.
Such usual, dumbass replies. "This is about ISLAM not about anything else! And they'd use weapons from SOMEWHERE if we hadn't sold it to them so who cares!" And proceeding to sound even more whiny idiot baby in his response. Ten, twenty years ago I often wondered what'd happen when U.S. conservative anti-everything meanings got a foothold here (some Norwegians have always repeated this "floskel" about being ten years behind the U.S. in everything but it always gets here in the end) and it's worse than my nightmares.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

endocriminologist posted:

Anyone even remotely connected to bulletin should be publicly shamed for the rest of time

*cough* the webpage that S and LO financed which was a complete money-sink and which went bankrupt when money ran out
or well, ETC and their creative bookkeeping *cough*

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

Ah that makes bulletin less funny, you’re right

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Ehrenberg should definitely be shamed for his gaming of various systems, but how is he connected to Bulletin?

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

But her toblerone

Lol, it was not just a toblerone -- so you just made a brilliant example of how some well-placed PR can minimize a scandal. Mona Sahlin is among the most corrupt politicians we have ever had, but she keeps getting let back into the warmth for some reason.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

Mona Sahlin is eating children in the basement of Pizzeria Milan in skellefteå

fnox
May 19, 2013

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

Lol, it was not just a toblerone -- so you just made a brilliant example of how some well-placed PR can minimize a scandal. Mona Sahlin is among the most corrupt politicians we have ever had, but she keeps getting let back into the warmth for some reason.

So, when I first came to Sweden, I was told of this politician who supposedly was investigated over buying a Toblerone on her public expenses card. I was also told about how Aida Hadžialić had similarly been made to resign because she was driving after ingesting the equivalent of one cup of wine. These were all examples used to show how I was now in a much better place, where law and order works. Admittedly, it is by any imaginable metric, particularly because what I'm used to hearing about in terms of "corruption" tends to be more in the order of several million dollars being just blatantly pilfered and stashed in offshore accounts.

But something I've certainly noticed is that the corruption is not truly gone, it's just...smaller. Mona Sahlin is empirically corrupt by sheer merit of how many times she's been caught. It's just never been for millions of dollars in an offshore account. People buying cheap electronics by buying them through a friend's company account, that's corruption. It's just, again, small.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

fnox posted:

So, when I first came to Sweden, I was told of this politician who supposedly was investigated over buying a Toblerone on her public expenses card. I was also told about how Aida Hadžialić had similarly been made to resign because she was driving after ingesting the equivalent of one cup of wine. These were all examples used to show how I was now in a much better place, where law and order works. Admittedly, it is by any imaginable metric, particularly because what I'm used to hearing about in terms of "corruption" tends to be more in the order of several million dollars being just blatantly pilfered and stashed in offshore accounts.

But something I've certainly noticed is that the corruption is not truly gone, it's just...smaller. Mona Sahlin is empirically corrupt by sheer merit of how many times she's been caught. It's just never been for millions of dollars in an offshore account. People buying cheap electronics by buying them through a friend's company account, that's corruption. It's just, again, small.

Sometimes they dare to dream big. Like when billionaire nobility assholes are involved.

https://konkrt.se/2020/04/20/korrupta-makthavare-osterakers-kommuntoppar-svindlar-skattebetalare/

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
In the huge wave of privatization, literally billions of SEK were looted from the public as politicians sold off schools, healthcare, daycare etc for the absolutely minimum value to their friends. This was an absurd level of corruption that has not been punished in any way. Ulf Kristersson was one of the big offenders:

https://www.expressen.se/debatt/blir-det-fler-olagliga-affarer-kristersson/

” Bland annat slumpades hemtjänsterna i Hagsätra och Rågsved bort till ett pris av 69 500 kronor. Samma verksamhet hade i kommunens regi året innan gått med 2,7 miljoner kronor i överskott. Ett annat exempel är de 18 förskoleavdelningar i Årsta som 2007 såldes ut till ett pris av 634 650 kronor. De nya ägarna kunde under de efterföljande 20 månaderna ta ut 9,4 miljoner i vinster, styrelsearvoden med mera.”

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

And no-one is punished or even taken to task for it.

I hadn't heard that quote from Beatrice Ask before, about it not being illegal to "make a bad deal". It's a perfect example of the open contempt these politicians have for the people they're bloodletting.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Yeah i remember Filippa Reinfeldt (whos government opened up for the general privatization of the stockholm county healthcare m.m) and that health care center that the county privatized for literally the price of the building and the material in it, less than a million kr, and got resold for a cool 20 million. And after resigning got a cool well-playing gig at the private health care provider Aleris.

Stuff that just makes my blood boil. And now he have Svinonius and her scandals, among them the limitless county budget for consultants for the construction of the new hospital NKS, while her husband was the lead of procurement for that. For that conflict of interest her response was that they simply dont talk about work at home. Stockholmers keep voting for these bloodsuckers though.

Falukorv fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jul 6, 2021

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

Falukorv posted:

Yeah i remember Filippa Reinfeldt (whos government opened up for the general privatization of the stockholm county healthcare m.m) and that health care center that the county privatized for literally the price of the building and the material in it, less than a million kr, and got resold for a cool 20 million. And after resigning got a cool well-playing gig at the private health care provider Aleris.

Stuff that just makes my blood boil. And now he have Svinonius and her scandals, among them the limitless county budget for consultants for the construction of the new hospital NKS, while her husband was the lead of procurement for that. For that conflict of interest her response was that they simply dont talk about work in private. Stockholmers keep voting for these bloodsuckers though.

Liberals are literally always like this, absolute parasites. And don't forget MP are the ones keeping them in power in Stockholm.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
This is another case of Denmark being way ahead of Sweden I think. Just like we are with many other things, such as racist political parties and so on. DK #1!!! DK #1!!!

Selling of the entirety of the danish phone/copper net, one of the most important pieces of infrastructure in Denmark, for pennies 25 years ago, by who you ask? The liberals whose actual goal is to break the unbelievably successful scandinavian welfare state in favor of a ‘market’ solution, because their idiotic ideology tells them that it would actually be better if more people can’t afford food and hospitals? No, of course not, only the social democrats could get away with that in Denmark. How about selling the main government it/computer company, responsible for all of the most vital IT-functions in Denmark? To a company who has had one unreliable, over-expensive, failed project after another, not to mention the various security scandals. They just keep getting paid though, because that’s what happens when you hand over a de facto monopoly to someone. Here, just take our money. Oh yeah, that was also the social democrats. I guess good on the social democrats for correctly predicting corona and selling off the airports in advance. We only missed out on 20 years of high profitability before corona hit there.

How about the entire electricity infrastructure of Denmark? Surely no one would be so absolutely loving stupid to sell that, for ultra cheap, to literal Goldman Sachs, who would then make 20 billion in a single year selling their shares. Oh, those profits were of course made in a tax haven, not in Denmark. Otherwise they’d have to pay taxes, duh. The politician responsible for that one got a cushy million kroner job over at McKinsey, the incestuous sibling of Goldman Sachs, then became CEO/editor at the main business newspaper in dk. Yes, it’s the social democrats again. Weirdly Mckinsy suggested, in a report ordered by the government, that the water wells and water infrastructure in Denmark should be sold to hedge funds as well. It really seems like they know what’s good for Denmark, so why not. It’s just all our water.

Finally, guess who is currently working very hard to privatize the entire danish renovation/garbage collection sector? Yes, it’s the social democrats along with, cha-chiiing, the association of danish industry (DI) - a match made in heaven. The reason for putting another de facto monopoly into private hands? It will be… hahahahah… better for… hahahah… the climate… aaaaahahahahahaha. Noted objective analysts, focused on the facts and not ideology, cepos agree with the social democrats on this! It must be true.

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 7, 2021

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/vpressfeldt/status/1412605077139906562?s=21

Great journalistic integrity at work when the people who get questioned about their racism get assurance at the same time that surely they’re not racist.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Gotta coddle the Nazis and fascists or they'll cry (harder) that public service is a bunch of left-wing fanatics out to get them.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Stefan is back baby!

And Ulf is crying himself to sleep tonight. So I’ll take it.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/vpressfeldt/status/1412605077139906562?s=21

Great journalistic integrity at work when the people who get questioned about their racism get assurance at the same time that surely they’re not racist.

OK seriously now, someone who went to journalism school explain this strategy to me. I assume there's a tried and tested reason for never ever confronting people head on when they or their group say stuff like this but, like, why does noone ever break from that principle? Maybe someone old and established who knows they wont't starve even if they torpedo their career by asking the questions we all want to hear?

I genuinely think it wouldn't have gotten to this point if journalists had been less careful about pointed (and to an extent biased) questions.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

jeebus bob posted:

OK seriously now, someone who went to journalism school explain this strategy to me. I assume there's a tried and tested reason for never ever confronting people head on when they or their group say stuff like this but, like, why does noone ever break from that principle? Maybe someone old and established who knows they wont't starve even if they torpedo their career by asking the questions we all want to hear?

I genuinely think it wouldn't have gotten to this point if journalists had been less careful about pointed (and to an extent biased) questions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Access_journalism

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

you really wouldn't think that the public broadcaster would have to resort to that sort of thing for the leader of an outsider opposition party

i think it's just that journalists have a tight schedule and don't want to bother arguing. they're often also shockingly ignorant of stuff

fnox
May 19, 2013

jeebus bob posted:

Maybe this is something I've observed only as a foreigner, but Swedish media tends to be very conflict adverse? I know its to a degree a cultural thing with Swedish workplaces being also conflict adverse. But for example, during the beginning of the pandemic there wasn't much outrage in the media about how the situation was handled, even while reporting the shitshow that went on in nursing homes.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

fnox posted:

Maybe this is something I've observed only as a foreigner, but Swedish media tends to be very conflict adverse? I know its to a degree a cultural thing with Swedish workplaces being also conflict adverse. But for example, during the beginning of the pandemic there wasn't much outrage in the media about how the situation was handled, even while reporting the shitshow that went on in nursing homes.

Nah it's not just Swedish media. I've watched a bunch of UK media the last couple of years due to Brexit, and their version of journalism is more like this:

Journalist: "Mr. Politician, we have pictures of you here kicking a dog while eating candy stolen by a baby. Isn't that something voters might say is a bad thing, and that you are indeed a bad person?"
Politician: "No, kicking dogs is actually a good thing, and I never stole candy from a baby. And that candy was way too sugary for the baby anyway, so I am, indeed, and upstanding person and a paragon of virtue"
Journalist: "I see. But you also said here, on tape, that you like doing crimely crimes, especially towards the elderly. Is that not something voters should be wary of?"
Politician: "No, you see, that tape is false and I never said so, and the elderly are anyways a drag on society. Killing them off would improve our way of life."
Journalist: "Ok, but regarding your alleged love of clubbing seals..."

and so on. It gets really grating as the journalists try to appear tough and critical, yet never ever push back on bullshit answers or do follow-up questions on blatantly false or contradictory answers.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jul 8, 2021

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Asking hardball questions is a good way to lose all access to a politician, then you might have to go out of your way to dig stuff up, which is a lot of effort if all you want to do is hold a microphone and rewrite wire telegrams.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Denmark received another reunification ruling against it at the ECHR and must pay a Syrian refugee €10,000 in damages, overruling the decision of the Supreme Court. 3 loving years is apparently too long to wait, who knew? It was instated in 2016 with the votes of the SuccDems, obviously.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Lövet är död! Länge leve lövet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

His smile at the last one is just :allears: top notch meme usage.

Apparently a Trump advisor got a sommarprat and now Twitter is ablaze with hot takes from right-wing nuts claiming that SR is finally allowing non-communists talk.