Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
love it when canadians weigh in heavily on uspol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Raskolnikov38 posted:

hmmm China could find more water on earth or build a stupid fantasy space elevator to mine asteroids for it. I wonder which one will happen because I am a moron

We build a space elevator instead of a desalination plant not because it is easy, but because it is hard.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Lib and let die posted:

Weird, I went looking for the SYQ source and the USPol thread is on a 4 page derail about what chocolates a poster could buy when they lived in the UK in the 70's and no one has come in to hangrily put their foot down and decree that this discussion belongs in its own thread

:thunk:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ccadelago/status/1412405893140992012?s=20

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Bideo James posted:

Why even ask this

I think he may have been in fear for his buttons lol.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Shima Honnou posted:

*looks at the massive box of polaroids biden undoubtedly took of his kids and grandkids when they were children* yikes theres a lot to unpack here

Wow, what a doting grandfather, he sure loved his grandkids.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
me moving in a new apartment and there's boxes of stuff every where

Yikes there's a lot to unpack here

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

spacemang_spliff posted:

lots to unpack in this post

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Open Unpack Biden

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Me, getting tired of you all standing around talking about my boxes, eating my pizza and drinking my beer: Hey, I'm unpackin' hea'!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

spacemang_spliff posted:

me opening a box and NOT finding the thing I was looking for: this ain't it, chief

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Larry summers anxiously checks the thermometer

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

spacemang_spliff posted:

Me seeing that all boxes have been moved into the apartment and that there is nothing left in the moving van:

"This is EVERYTHING"

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Organ Fiend posted:

Me seeing that all boxes have been moved into the apartment and that there is nothing left in the moving van:

"This is EVERYTHING"

Now we are finished it's time to "Sit down"

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1410962130413756416?s=19

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

god such a loving reach

just twisting himself into the most complex Gordian-knot pretzel to avoid explicitly praising Ronald Reagan while talking about how great it is that Joe Biden is a lot like Ronald Reagan

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I can't believe anyone gives this moron credit.

Fax machines are still a routine part of secure communications between private entities - in fact it's the only transmission method some organizations will allow.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Pretty cool how Joe Biden initiated Operation Warp Speed to get those vaccines out in less than a year.

He probably would have gotten the out quicker if THE HECKIN' CHEETO hadn't done everything in his power to stop Operation Warp Speed, including but not limited to firing Dr. Anthony Fauci.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol we're not leaving afghanistan

https://twitter.com/yvesduv/status/1412300427727708160

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Vaush is an idiot. Of course we have a long term plan. We sell the next generation of rebels the trucks and guns we'll reclaim from them during our next invasion peacekeeping mission.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

Raenir has spent the past three days getting angry people don't think china is going to make a space elevator to steal minerals from the moon or whatever and boy is that not just a perfect snapshot of D&D

Honestly that would be pretty cool if China did that, I'd have mad respect for them sniping the science victory out from under our nose like that.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i dont know whats funnier, the idea that the us-backed government of afghanistan isn't already and hasnt always been a failed state, or the idea that china will use its (oriental magic?) powers to fix all of afghanistan's problems and make everything good there again.

and having typed the second one out, wouldn't that be the best outcome? vaush is a sex pest so i can understand why he would be resistant to this idea but you'd think a normal person would be pleased to see someone "fix all of afghanistans problems" rather than leaving it in the hands of its various pedophile warlords.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/ninaturner/status/1412416503903887373

Nina really is the perfect KHive kryptonite politician

Bernie surrogate, and Warren World is lining up behind her, and she's going to win in part because HRC endorsed her main primary opponent

now, it says a lot about her that one of the main sources of Nina Newz is "Ohio Warren Dems" aka @PersistOhio, but as I keep saying, I'm in this for Karen tears

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/ninaturner/status/1412416503903887373

Nina really is the perfect KHive kryptonite politician

Bernie surrogate, and Warren World is lining up behind her, and she's going to win in part because HRC endorsed her main primary opponent

now, it says a lot about her that one of the main sources of Nina Newz is "Ohio Warren Dems" aka @PersistOhio, but as I keep saying, I'm in this for Karen tears

I'm still holding out (whatever the opposite of hope is. cyncism?) that she's going to fold and become a functional blue MAGA even as a third party. If she's following the Bernie path, that's its ultimate conclusion.

Shen Long
May 29, 2021

by Athanatos

Lib and let die posted:

Weird, I went looking for the SYQ source and the USPol thread is on a 4 page derail about what chocolates a poster could buy when they lived in the UK in the 70's and no one has come in to hangrily put their foot down and decree that this discussion belongs in its own thread

This is why that subforum exists, as a talk therapy thread

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Nina Turner, much like Ed Markey, is more about spiting our enemies than anything else

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

no man I'm sure Goldman-Sachs is totally bankrolling a radical firebrand

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
chinese vassal states?????

mon dieu!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

those are supposed to be ARE vassal states

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Nina Turner, much like Ed Markey, is more about spiting our enemies than anything else

to be fair to nina, she didn't vote for the iraq war. she just had kasich on a bad podcast.

I feel like the point at which the internet "started" is perpetually pushed forward in people's memories. Even by 1998, the internet had already transformed culture pretty dramatically. To have said this in the late 1990s means you were just willfully stupid about obvious trends.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Starting to think anarchists just hate governments of states they don't live in

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

much like vaush and the second step daughter, I too am a charismatic void with questionable ability to present myself on camera. where is my patreon paycheck???

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Point sort of ruined by linking to Caleb Maupin, who is sort of the 'communist' version of Vaush (meaning: a complete idiot moron who doesn't, or shouldn't, represent what they say they are)

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
oh no! not a Chinese vassal state! :ohdear:

just give us another 20 years to work it out...

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

starting to think the only reason the Bidens weren’t included in the Epstein club is because they have their own incestuous cult thing going on already. hunter just in general, his loving his brother’s wife and probably his cousin, the other daughter whatever her name is’ allegations, biden and his granddaughters weird relationship

loving first family strokes video over there

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Afghanistan has been the graveyard of empires for over 5 decades but yeah surely China will annex it right quick

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nichael posted:

to be fair to nina, she didn't vote for the iraq war. she just had kasich on a bad podcast.

I feel like the point at which the internet "started" is perpetually pushed forward in people's memories. Even by 1998, the internet had already transformed culture pretty dramatically. To have said this in the late 1990s means you were just willfully stupid about obvious trends.

people nowadays conflate 'internet' and 'social media' really. They assume that the internet and stuff like forums/chatrooms being common were basically at the same pace, so yea people tend to think the days of AOL chatrooms and all were the dawn of the internet.

It's really important to remember that this guy saying this in the late 90's would be like me saying 'I think by 2035 we'll find that smartphones had about as much impact on business as the answering machine did', just actively ignoring years of progress and development already proving me wrong.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Oh no! The Chinese will swoop in and fix their problems! What a horror!

Can't let that happen, better to keep shooting random goat herders until our economy collapses like every other empire in human history.

Lol E:Fb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Nichael posted:

much like vaush and the second step daughter, I too am a charismatic void with questionable ability to present myself on camera. where is my patreon paycheck???

loving do it you coward I'll like your rear end