Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

You should only feel love towards yourself, and, more importantly, Nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I don't give a drat about them personally, but no one should be hating Nintendo in this thread.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Knives and Hot Dust posted:

It should be $400

it should be 599 US dollars :D

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

New Nintendo Switch XL

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I just undocked my switch for the first time in probably a year and noticed that the stand broke off at some point. :negative:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

NO full fat 4K60? NO Glorious HDR with deep deep shadows and brilliant lustrous highlights dripping off the screen? NO Nvidia DLSS supercharged architecture?? gently caress OFF

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I probably won’t be buying it but I still love Nintendo.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

IdealFlaws posted:

I just undocked my switch for the first time in probably a year and noticed that the stand broke off at some point. :negative:

sounds like you need a sturdier wider stand

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

this

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

If something happens to my Switch I'll appreciate the improvements. Thanks Nintendo!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Have faith in the leakers and insiders, imps. We were promised a bleeding edge SoC codename “Blippi” maybe releasing Q1 2022, and that’s what we’ll get. Ninty tech team has our backs.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

IdealFlaws posted:

I play like 90% handheld so I'm tempted lol

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Powerful Nintendo blueball play to the leakers and analysts

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

looks like nintendo bought a bunch of fancy screens before they found out they couldnt upgrade the processor due to chip shortages, so now they have to push out this middling psuedo-upgrade lol

I don’t know, Paul Tassi at Forbes has been talking about this OLED screen upgrade as a separate thing from the Switch Pro “rumors” for a while now. I feel like most of the recent Pro frenzy has been people hearing about this and blowing it way out of proportion

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

:hai:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I don’t know, Paul Tassi at Forbes has been talking about this OLED screen upgrade as a separate thing from the Switch Pro “rumors” for a while now. I feel like most of the recent Pro frenzy has been people hearing about this and blowing it way out of proportion
Yeah this is exactly what the Bloomberg report from like 6 months ago said. That article also mentioned "possible 4K output" on the dock but seeing as how they didn't have any concrete details from the supply chain they didn't say it was likely.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

OLED screens are loving dope...

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

My favorite type of screen if we're being honest.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

if nothing else I'm happy for Uncle At Nintendo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Paul Tassi at Forbes Ate My Balls

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

yeah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i might still get it tbh, my switch is beat to hell nad a new, bigger screen sounds kind of nice. idk. 350 is a lot for it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

NO full fat 4K60? NO Glorious HDR with deep deep shadows and brilliant lustrous highlights dripping off the screen? NO Nvidia DLSS supercharged architecture?? gently caress OFF

This

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i never use handheld so I will NOT be purchasing this product.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to buy the oled version in a few years once the Swirch 2 is out and Switch 1 has been hacked no matter what firmware you're on, to use as a portable emu box with a nice screen.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

nevermind it won't fit this thang

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol but also pretty sure it will? Nintendo ftw

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i think those bottom hooks would cover parts of the screen but theyre already covering the speakers so who cares

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I feel like this is going to end up being one of those weird upgrades that not enough people intentionally bought and so collector's are going to live and die by them in like 6 years.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

I feel like this is going to end up being one of those weird upgrades that not enough people intentionally bought and so collector's are going to live and die by them in like 6 years.

handheld with an oled screen = eternal value

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Saying “good good let the butthurt flow through you” over and over while reading the Games Nintendo thread.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Saying “good good let the butthurt flow through you” over and over while reading the Games Nintendo thread.

This but at the abstract thought of their reaction because I’m never going to read that thread.

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

Knuc U Kinte posted:

they are extremely pissed off

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Hey, it's better than a few days ago when they were talking about how you should quit DQ11 after the credits roll and how actually all JRPGs are better if you just speed run the mainline content and don't bother with side quests or postgame challenges.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

handheld with an oled screen = eternal value

Vita Means Life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This but at the abstract thought of their reaction because I’m never going to read that thread.

That thread has probably the highest population of Imps outside of this forum.