Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Guillermus posted:

Fuego picking up a win and a contract right here.

I will ugly cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Fuego's gonna tornado DDT Rizen's eyes to matching colors and pin him.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Marko turns heel by stealing Fuego's pin

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Marko pins Fuego for stealing his best friend, Sammy.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
They made Elevation short so they could say good bye to pandemic Dark properly with a marathon featuring basically everyone who has ever come up/made their name through Dark.

Which are

Pylons posted:

Ryan Nemeth

Dean Alexander, Alex Reynolds, 10, and Alan 5 Angels

Ashley Vox(?) and Red Velvet

Baron Black, Ryzin and Fuego Del Sol

Bear Bronson

Carlie Bravo

Brian Pillman Jr. and Griff Garrison

Luther and Serpentico

Shawn Spears

Mike Sydal

Killyn King and Tay Conti

Abadon

QT Marshall and Aaron Solow

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
As of July 5 fully vaccinated travellers don’t have to quarantine after re-entering Canada so Stu and Uno may be more available than we expect.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Pylons posted:

Dark card:

Wheeler Yuta vs Ryan Nemeth

Will Allday, Jason Hotch, Chandler Hopkins, and Dean Alexander vs Colt Cabana, Alex Reynolds, 10, and Alan 5 Angels

Ashley Vox vs Red Velvet

Baron Black and Ryzin vs Fuego Del Sol and Marko Stunt

Big Trouble Bishop vs Bear Bronson

Carlie Bravo vs Matt Sydal

Chad Lennex and Zachariah vs Brian Pillman Jr. and Griff Garrison

Luther and Serpentico vs Penta El Zero Miedo and Eddie Kingston

Hunter Knott and Rosario Grillo vs Shawn Spears and Wardlow

Jack Evans vs Mike Sydal

Killyn King vs Tay Conti

Natalia Markova vs Abadon

Prince Kai vs Angelico

Ryan Mantell vs Lance Archer

Terell and Terrence Hughes vs QT Marshall and Aaron Solow

Tre Lemar vs The Blade

Viva Van vs Kris Statlander

dear god how long is dark these days

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I enjoyed Angelico vs Cassidy on Elevation. :shobon:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
No Diamante. Has she been signed?

Also no ROBO, which makes me wonder if they're going to drop his HFO angle when they go back on the road.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Look at this coward who doesn't understand that, when it comes to AEW Dark, quantity is a quality all its own. Because the more tired Ex and Taz are, the better the show is.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
it’s just that when I last watched dark I think it was at most an hour? is it up to two now?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I wish Dark were two hours.

Dark is was "make sure everyone who showed up to Daily's Place and wants a pay day gets it" in length.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It’s been in the neighborhood of 12-18 matches for months, but this is probably the last one this long now that they’re going on the road.

Glad to see Red Velvet with a match again after she almost spiked herself a few weeks ago, hoping they have Diamanté on the Miami show somewhere next week. I am kinda wondering if Leyla is injured though, haven’t seen her have a match since Nyla on Dynamite.

As for Robo/Jora Johl, I’m wondering if they just shot the whole angle the week he was in Jacksonville since he’s still tweeting about it:
https://twitter.com/jorajohl/status/1411094825525514240?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jul 6, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dark is also featuring the return of The Waiting Room tonight and Joey and Sonny are going to resolve their issues.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pylons posted:

Dark is also featuring the return of The Waiting Room tonight and Joey and Sonny are going to resolve their issues.

Sonny is gonna toss Joey through the window for being a scumbag in an inversion of the Rockers break up.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

Sonny is gonna toss Joey through the window for being a scumbag in an inversion of the Rockers break up.

And sure Taz will point that kinda stuff is a New Jersey thing.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it’s just that when I last watched dark I think it was at most an hour? is it up to two now?

The longest Dark ever was like, 2 hours 57 minutes. During the pandemic, they would frequently break past 2 hours as Tony Kahn took it upon himself to keep all the wrestlers in Florida employed. They'll probably settle back down to 45 minutes, though I don't know. I believe Elevation is taking the place Dark used to have in the touring show (lower-card matches filmed as the crowd arrived for Dynamite), and Rampage is being filmed after, and Dark is going to be filmed on some different day elsewhere.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Dark is now 90 minutes most week because AEW is a vile company that doesn't respect its fans. At its peak AEW Dark was nearly 3 hours.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/KingSerpentico/status/1412408452220084226

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Dark is now 90 minutes most week because AEW is a vile company that doesn't respect its fans. At its peak AEW Dark was nearly 3 hours.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Mr. Squishy posted:

I believe Elevation is taking the place Dark used to have in the touring show (lower-card matches filmed as the crowd arrived for Dynamite), and Rampage is being filmed after, and Dark is going to be filmed on some different day elsewhere.

Yeah, Elevation is going to be filmed when Dark used to be, Dark Proper will be filmed in some warehouse Tony is buying and Rampage is going to be a mix of live shows (usually on PPV go homes, but also other times) and taped with their bigger events (I.e. the NYC shows.)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Have they said anything about how the format will change for Dark and Elevation? I know that some uncontracted wrestlers won't be coming with them, but I haven't read anything yet that leads me to believe it'll be much different.

I'd love it if Dark stayed at Daily's, and Elevation was on the road. Though they're coming back in a month and probably often in the future, so I'm sure we'll see the Dark mainstays either way.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rantmo posted:

I will ugly cry.

I'm probably gonna cry win or lose but they will be different tears depending on the outcome

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

They'd have burned it out before long if they stayed so it's probably time to leave, though if they can keep the B team there for Dark/Elevation that could be a compromise

It's frankly astounding they have been able to run with crowds as frequently as they have and have been drawing as well as they have. The last time an American company was able to run a single building half a dozen times in a month and drawn over 1,000 each time is something a US company hasn't done in decades. Hopefully will never happen again!

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
It helped a ton that there is absolutely nothing to do in Jacksonville

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They also had ticket prices lower than they normally would I think?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Dark tonight better end with a Taz & Ex compilation set to music

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

beggar posted:

It helped a ton that there is absolutely nothing to do in Jacksonville

There is a club with world famous DJs just next door.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

They also had ticket prices lower than they normally would I think?

Yeah even right now tickets start at $25 which is half as much as WWE nosebleed tickets to raw cost at the start of the pandemic. I paid the same for an indie show I'm going to.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Penguin Patrol posted:

Dark tonight better end with a Taz & Ex compilation set to Taz singing Tarzan Boy

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don't care if Stone Cold is gonna wrestle his poor life choices, if you can't get a good seat for $25, I'm not going.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Listening to Tony Khan on the Dan Lebatard show and he said he made the pyro company refund him the full $100,000 payment to put on the barbed wire death match, and said he will never hire outside coordinators who do not understand wrestling again

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

beggar posted:

Listening to Tony Khan on the Dan Lebatard show and he said he made the pyro company refund him the full $100,000 payment to put on the barbed wire death match, and said he will never hire outside coordinators who do not understand wrestling again

Give that money to Onita to do it if they want to try again imo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Lmao amazing if true

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

beggar posted:

Big Bicep Tony strikes again

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

Give that money to Onita to do it if they want to try again imo

*Onita puts another 3 barrels of kerosene under the ring*

"Kenny, do you want to live like a coward or die like a hero?"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

billionaire man shouldn't have bullied a contractor into giving a $100,000 refund. do not respond

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
anyone have a link/timestamp to the conversation

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Where the gently caress is the vlog Sammy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

beggar posted:

what happened to him saying immediately afterwards that it was a choice made to be safe