Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I used to run a tech support/teaching group for silver surfers to this day I still wake up to texts like this sent at stupid o clock in the morning. I have stories. In fact during lockdown we had to keep hiding from this guy as he would turn up to the house asking me to do poo poo for him like, dude, why are you switching phone company now??? No! You can’t come in!. Anyway his finest moment was when I saw him put a router on my black bin (trash can) spray it with disinfectant and then call me going “can you set this up for me duc, it won’t work” (it wasn’t his activation date yet)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/kthorjensen/status/1412242084497551387?s=20

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

He's got a point.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

https://twitter.com/TheFreds/status/1411789665380732937?s=19

The Freds too?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Certainly wasn't expecting to see "I'm too sexy for this mask" but here we are.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

right said fred out here telling other people they're surplus to requirements is some S-tier irony

and they didn't even use the correct word

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

I guess the name was telling from the start.

Now we need a Left Said Fred.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Silly Newbie posted:

Epcot is the coolest adult theme park on the planet, but yeah Disney People are loving weird.

Yeah Disney World is genuinely fun as an adult, and I'd love to go without kids. If I was rich I'd 100% take my partner and some friends and have a blast. Kill the lines with headphones on and no kids to bother you, get daydrunk if you want, gorge yourself on expensive garbage food and then hit up a genuinely good restaurant at the end of the day.

Unfortunately it's so expensive you could literally go overseas for the cost.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah Disney World is genuinely fun as an adult, and I'd love to go without kids. If I was rich I'd 100% take my partner and some friends and have a blast. Kill the lines with headphones on and no kids to bother you, get daydrunk if you want, gorge yourself on expensive garbage food and then hit up a genuinely good restaurant at the end of the day.

Unfortunately it's so expensive you could literally go overseas for the cost.

My partner and I did this a few years ago and it was fun and we will go again (haters suck it), but we made the mistake of going near Christmas and gently caress ever doing that again in those crowds. Holiday magic didn't make up for the mass of bodies. Unfortunately I'm a teacher so when I can go is right in line with when all the kiddies can go, so we're just going to have to be smarter in our planning. That means waiting at least until the novelty has worn off of the new Star Wars park anyway.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Martman posted:

Congratulations, you've passed the Turning Test

You just twisted my melon, man.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I had to look up who Right Said Fred is. They wrote the song “I’m Too Sexy” in 1992. For me it’s one of those songs you know but could never remember who wrote it.

The song was a massive hit but they are totally a one hit wonder group so how they’re still even remotely relevant is beyond me.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Data Graham posted:

And this happy little fellow is ... the Gouger

Not gonna lie, when I first found one of these I thought it was a weapon for my brother's GI Joe toys

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Knormal posted:

I had to buy a new backpack last year and this was the only one that had the pocket layout I was looking for. I know Trans has been a line of Jansport backpack for decades but man do I feel awkward wearing this around, like I'm appropriating or something.

Know this is from the last page but just so you know, as a trans person, seeing products (or often vehicles) that say "trans" absolutely makes my day, every single time. Carry on :cheers:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Brawnfire posted:

Note the symbolic drop of sacrificial blood
:biotruths:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I'm... too sexy for my mask, too sexy for the facts, somehow this traaaaaaaacks...

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

cage-free egghead posted:

I had to look up who Right Said Fred is. They wrote the song “I’m Too Sexy” in 1992. For me it’s one of those songs you know but could never remember who wrote it.

The song was a massive hit but they are totally a one hit wonder group so how they’re still even remotely relevant is beyond me.

The last time they were anything close to relevant was either when VH1 made I Love The 90s or when Conan was on SNL and played Right Said Fred (which I think was two people?) at the Napster hearings, despite the committee noting that absolutely nobody had illegally downloaded "I'm Too Sexy" because he's not too sexy to beg for food.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/BlockbusterPlus/status/1412214730094170120

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Hardwood Floor posted:

Know this is from the last page but just so you know, as a trans person, seeing products (or often vehicles) that say "trans" absolutely makes my day, every single time. Carry on :cheers:

One of the companies involved with U.S. military rations is straight up called Trans Packers.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

cage-free egghead posted:

They're British. Every one-hit-wonder U.K. musical act you can think of since the eighties has a weirdly long tail that ends in performing a charity single for Comic Relief.

Some of them just haven't gotten to Comic Relief yet.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

rodbeard posted:

One of the companies involved with U.S. military rations is straight up called Trans Packers.

Nooooo my distaste for the military industrial complex vs saying "haha same" :negative:

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
This man is not an idiot, he unironically owns, I just don't know where we can post TikToks.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdC8X1vV/

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Basic Poster posted:

This man is not an idiot, he unironically owns, I just don't know where we can post TikToks.

PYF Tweets is probably the closest match out of the existing threads.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

How it started:

How it's going:
https://twitter.com/GoingMedieval/status/1412335540284821504

(Thread isn't particularly graphic but does discuss torture, so watch out.)

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

ultrafilter posted:

How it started:

How it's going:

Eleanor Janega is awesome, and she was loving hilarious on both the goon (i think) podcasts with medieval focussed episodes Well there's your problem and Trashfuture lately.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Nuclear War posted:

Eleanor Janega is awesome, and she was loving hilarious on both the goon (i think) podcasts with medieval focussed episodes Well there's your problem and Trashfuture lately.
All Eleanors are awesome. It's just science.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Nuclear War posted:

OH that's what I remember the name from. For anyone who doesn't watch/listen to their youtube podcast with slides Well There's Your Problem is great if anyone likes the OSHA thread, and one of their patreon eps is Groverhouse.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like how it went down the usual path:

Bad tweet made
Author doubles down on a different account
Aaaaand we’re locking up the account

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Hardwood Floor posted:

I completely agree with this. It's a prefix from one of the languages English is descended from, it's fun to giggle at sometimes but it's not appropriation to use a word stem with so many other meanings/uses and anyone who tells you otherwise is being abusrd.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

ultrafilter posted:

How it started:

How it's going:

poo poo like this makes me miss twitter from time to time.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"You are superfluous to requirements".

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I hope people boycott their future performances and albums.

What's that? Hahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahah

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

learnincurve posted:

I used to run a tech support/teaching group for silver surfers to this day I still wake up to texts like this sent at stupid o clock in the morning. I have stories. In fact during lockdown we had to keep hiding from this guy as he would turn up to the house asking me to do poo poo for him like, dude, why are you switching phone company now??? No! You can’t come in!. Anyway his finest moment was when I saw him put a router on my black bin (trash can) spray it with disinfectant and then call me going “can you set this up for me duc, it won’t work” (it wasn’t his activation date yet)

the phone will not charge

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

ben shapino posted:

The Grey Whisperer...

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

American crypto nerds really need to stop doing this.

https://twitter.com/noncefinance/status/1334329722084343810

I have a bunch of bonds that haven't fully matured yet. Maybe they'd like to buy them.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

:vince:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ben shapino posted:

Yup.

I told him to go to the phone unlocking lads on the market, he said they said it was natural wear on the iPhone charger port and they changed it. Which is A Story because when I spoke to them they said he’d repeatedly got tobacco bits in the port from his pocket and had been smashing the cable in and they just cleaned it out.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Okay was this entirely necessary?

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Not necessary, no. There was a conversation about the use of the word "trans", and just reminded me of a bunch of US automotive videos that still sound like they are from the '30s with their liberal use of the word "tranny", especially if there's a Confederate flag hanging in the garage/set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

gbut posted:

Not necessary, no. There was a conversation about the use of the word "trans", and just reminded me of a bunch of US automotive videos that still sound like they are from the '30s with their liberal use of the word "tranny", especially if there's a Confederate flag hanging in the garage/set.

Who has the quotes from the goon who jumped in to AI all pissed off about that?