Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Fruits of the sea posted:

So is there another weird/bad block of games this time around? Im still jamming to the Mr Bones soundtrack from AGDQ.

Silly games block starts from Goose game thursday morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Game and Shout is acing these prize segments

Get that ironing board as a prize too

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just woke up is there a weird echo going on during this run or am I still semi-delirious from waking up

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I just woke up is there a weird echo going on during this run or am I still semi-delirious from waking up

People are complaining about it in the chat but I can't honestly hear it at all, everything seems normal to me. I do have my fan blasting pretty loud, dunno if that drowns it out.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i heard the echo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TeaJay posted:

People are complaining about it in the chat but I can't honestly hear it at all, everything seems normal to me. I do have my fan blasting pretty loud, dunno if that drowns it out.

they probably fixed it but I think it was only when the host was talking

very happy to wake up in the middle of a castlevania block followed by a TMR run it will make the start of the workday flash by

Stux posted:

i heard the echo

did you also feel and think it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i could see it too

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

TeaJay posted:

This is something I end up asking at every event, but how do you end up figuring out this kind of thing (re: Bloodstained menu/no collision glitch)

typically someone encounters a glitch by accident (which is more likely to happen when they're playing a game as much as speedrunners do) and then they try to replicate it and figure out exactly how it works

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Back to the janky Castlevania move tech

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Agent Wyvern's reactions remind me of myself when I play (have a Dark Souls 2 first playthrough going on at the moment) when making noises like eee! aaaa! uuuhhH! and swinging the controller from side to side definitely helps

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

lih posted:

typically someone encounters a glitch by accident (which is more likely to happen when they're playing a game as much as speedrunners do) and then they try to replicate it and figure out exactly how it works

I'm very curious how the paper mario one was discovered

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
paper mario is old enough and popular enough with speedrunners that there are people doing dedicated (sometimes with $ reward) skip hunting

Here's a pastebin by the Paper Mario N64 runner on how it works: https://pastebin.com/E8Kxm1tG

emdash fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 6, 2021

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This Castlevania block has been really solid, and Castlevania race is TIGHT

e: 2snek takes it

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I love CV races and that was a good one

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

The Mexican Runner being able to play Battletoads blindfolded is so impressive that it wraps around to horrifying. I'm scared.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

What kind of nightmare challenge is this lol

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
With how much he is approaching tilt, I feel like he should abandon the challenge.

And he did it while I was typing this.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
TMR is a goddamned Jedi

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TMR is ridiculous

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Holy shiiiiit!

And I actually just watched his previous attempt last week. Wow. He did it.

Infinite props.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

TMR is an absolute machine.

Shardy
Jun 21, 2000
I'm a sticky snake!
What a madman, goddamn

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
That was nuts

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
how the gently caress do you beat the turbo tunnels blindfolded.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

TMR is so loving nuts man

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

randomly caught another tmr run, hell yeah

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

absolutely jaw-dropping display there

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

La-Mulana owns so much, always glad to see the speedrun in marathons cause it's quite something.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is Timopy streaming in an earthquake

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I keep telling myself I'm going to finish La Mulana completely blind but then always give up when I get to the boss of the Giant's Tomb because it has completely hosed-up hitboxes and damage zones

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

I'm sorry, I missed something, what the hell happened to the shop?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
This is fascinating to watch and I have no idea what's happening or why (I did miss the first 15-20 minutes though)

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

JethroMcB posted:

This is fascinating to watch and I have no idea what's happening or why (I did miss the first 15-20 minutes though)

Don't worry the first 15 minutes wouldn't have helped

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Floodkiller posted:

I'm sorry, I missed something, what the hell happened to the shop?

Lemeza cloning program was initiated.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

La-Mulana owns so much, always glad to see the speedrun in marathons cause it's quite something.

Couldn't watch it live but I will VOD this one for sure. La-Mulana is one of my favourite series and the speedruns are always fun.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

lih posted:

One of the runs earlier this week (I think it was Spyro?) mentioned that they got a lot of their tricks from non-speedrunners since the game was popular for letsplays and the like. Some newbie who doesn't know how things are supposed to go accidentally does a double-jump and then the speedrunners figure out how to do it on purpose.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Not had much time to watch but have noticed the lack of Sent’s lamp. Hope it is okay!

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Subliminal Ninja posted:

Not had much time to watch but have noticed the lack of Sent’s lamp. Hope it is okay!

Never fear, the lamp has been in at least two segments.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

TeaJay posted:

Couldn't watch it live but I will VOD this one for sure. La-Mulana is one of my favourite series and the speedruns are always fun.

Is it anything like Spelunky?

Because I loving LOVE Spelunky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is it anything like Spelunky?

Because I loving LOVE Spelunky.

Only in themeing and level of malice towards the player