Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Ytlaya posted:

I think that Vaush has a sort of "charisma" for young people. The same sort of charisma involved when adults groom teens, where he sounds sort of "authoritative" if you're a teenager.

I try to convince myself that most of his audience is under the age of like 22, because the alternative is disturbing.

Is this guy bizarro Nima Shirazi

Dude's as charming as a terminal yeast infection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Does FOX launching a Weather Channel alternative mean that any hurricane models they might provide (like the spaghetti models, for example) are going to have to be thrown in the heap of stuff we can't consider because it was presented on media liberals don't like?

Will my local news outlets be doing a Russiapublican if they report on the same European storm tracking models FOX Weather does?

I really can't wait to see how liberals politicize FOX weather against leftists.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lib and let die posted:

Does FOX launching a Weather Channel alternative mean that any hurricane models they might provide (like the spaghetti models, for example) are going to have to be thrown in the heap of stuff we can't consider because it was presented on media liberals don't like?

Will my local news outlets be doing a Russiapublican if they report on the same European storm tracking models FOX Weather does?

I really can't wait to see how liberals politicize FOX weather against leftists.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Lib and let die posted:

"Why won't Biden do anything about climate change!?"

"Climate change? You mean RIGHT WING TALKING POINTS!?"

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

finally someone recognizes my fursona

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

the_steve posted:

"Why won't Biden do anything about climate change!?"

"Climate change? You mean RIGHT WING TALKING POINTS!?"

this is 100% what i'm fearing. "Joe Biden did the greenest infrastructure bill in world history, FOX is just doing this so they can criticize him over something and introduce fragmentation into our dear, beloved Democratic [sic] Party that is wholly united behind Joe Biden, the climate savior! This is just an attempt to make him look bad! Can't you see that!?"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Finally, a channel for C Thomas Howell's Soul Man

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

gradenko_2000 posted:

Nina Turner, much like Ed Markey, is more about spiting our enemies than anything else

didnt Ed Markey vote for the iraq war?

But then again the bar for him was being better then a Kennedy

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

World War Mammories posted:

my sister just told me that he soon after texted my mom asking "does your son really believe these accusations against our president?," which she ignored, and I can't stop loving giggling

well, do you?!?!??!

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

god please let it be trump v harris in 2024, the khive meltdown when trump wins again will be one for the ages

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Shipon posted:

he should have been right, the internet never should have been allowed to become what it is

:hmmyes:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Markey is not goof or anything but yeah him winning was the better result purely because it screwed over a Kennedy and his lovely backers. Additionally it was a good example that regardless of how much of a party player you are and whatever seniority you hold, what's really important is if you are in one of the dynastic political royalty families.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Bah Gawd Jerry, is that -

OH MY GOD IT'S TRUMP'S THEME, DONALD TRUMP IS COMING TOWARDS THE DEBATE STAGE, HOW'D HE GET IN HERE!?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Lib and let die posted:

Yeah they've already done this with the Great Reset, which is something that the financial and political elites have been openly talking about and engaging in for some time now but most people who have heard of it only know it as a crazy right wing conspiracy theory. I mean look at this poo poo from the wiki on it:

quote:

It has also been disseminated by Russian propaganda outlets. According to Oliver Kamm, in an article for the CapX website: "The propaganda apparatus of the Putin regime has for many months published wild allegations from obscure bloggers that the Great Reset is code for oligarchs to amass wealth and control populations."[39]

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

didnt Ed Markey vote for the iraq war?

But then again the bar for him was being better then a Kennedy

Yes, he voted for it.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Trabisnikof posted:

So which is more likely:

Harris lied about ever smoking weed.

Harris lied about listening to Snoop and Tupac.

Harris smoked weed as SF DA.

I don't know why you have trouble believing a law grad at Howard would also be a ganja smoking Tupac fan, a full 2 years before he would release his first album.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

have you tried not being a huge racist and/or sexist

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

is pepsi ok posted:

Yeah they've already done this with the Great Reset, which is something that the financial and political elites have been openly talking about and engaging in for some time now but most people who have heard of it only know it as a crazy right wing conspiracy theory. I mean look at this poo poo from the wiki on it:

[rushes to edit the wikipedia entry for Ella Fitzgerald after FOX weather reports blue skies in my area today]

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Excelzior posted:

have you tried not being a huge racist and/or sexist

Would not being a racist end racism?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

Would not being a racist end racism?

lmao that whole speech was such a huge self-own by HRC, why is anyone surprised she faceplanted and let TMRUP in

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

loquacius posted:

Liz Bruenig has fallen once again into the inescapable trap of Kink At Pride discourse, despite Pride being over now, and I love her but it has come to the point where it's Thread Content

https://twitter.com/ebruenig/status/1412468406092193797

the greatest posting family

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Ytlaya posted:

I think that Vaush has a sort of "charisma" for young people. The same sort of charisma involved when adults groom teens, where he sounds sort of "authoritative" if you're a teenager.

I try to convince myself that most of his audience is under the age of like 22, because the alternative is disturbing.

Last year (meaning, before Biden was the presumptive nominee) he had a lot of good takes. Appeared to be generally correct and leftist, good anti-racist/anti-lgbt+-discrimination stuff, and most of his weird poo poo like grooming was generally unknown.

His weird heel-turn into an obvious liberal railing against the 'bernie or busters' was the beginning, I think, of his long slide downwards in quality.

Sort of similar to Destiny in that respect. Someone who started out dunking on right-wingers, and appearing to be an ally, eventually showing their centrist liberal colors.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

well, do you?!?!??!

joseph r biden is a rapist, op. think i'll go post about it

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

is pepsi ok posted:

Call me crazy but maybe the guy who said Tara Reade was lying about being raped for publicity shouldn't have been allowed to continue to post on these forums so that he could post further rape apologia?

Got caught up on that thread this morning because people have been talking about it here lately and Jesus Christ what a grotesque read it is, but it's such a concise embodiment of D&D

The survivors in that thread have repeatedly produced the exact kind of thoughtful, insightful, worthwhile posts that D&D as a subforum claims it is intended to produce, and that's all the more incredible given the trauma involved to the individual posters. Then you have another chunk of the thread of weirdos getting bogged down arguing arcane legal points like anybody could possibly give a gently caress, which is supposedly neutral and dispassionate but just elides the broader system at play producing these outcomes, and responding to people rightfully trying to center discussion on the forest by doubling down on more tree analysis. And then you have the absolute scum piling in, the rape-loving creeps like how are u who do their loathsome playacting for reasons I can only guess at--probably to feel some kind of sick sense of control by upsetting people

Like the interaction that really jumped out at me was within the span of like 2 or 3 pages, some plague rats made one of the most insightful posts I've ever seen on this website about the harmfulness of performative male violence in support of survivors, a post that's gonna stick with me for a long time, and then shortly after catches a bullshit probe for "shitposting" from Paul Blart stumbling fatly into the thread to defend Bill Cosby from cartoon deathwishes. Then when some plague rats expresses dissatisfaction with the probe and other posters support them, you've got Thorn Wishes Talon, a loser whose unearned smugness is only mitigated by how loving white noise his posts are otherwise, stepping in to pretend he's a mall cop deputy and lecture everyone about "adding value" and receives not even a "hey don't do this" for backseat modding or worthless shitposting

Like the sheer fuckin audacity of a garbage poster like that talking down to people who expressed more meaningful thought in single posts in that thread than that guy ever has in his whole posting career, it's just mindblowing man. But hey dweeb if you were looking for attention since you've outed yourself as lurking this thread before, here you go. Others noticed how much you suck

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

World War Mammories posted:

joseph r biden is a rapist, op. think i'll go post about it

seems like a good idea, op

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

Liz Bruenig has fallen once again into the inescapable trap of Kink At Pride discourse, despite Pride being over now, and I love her but it has come to the point where it's Thread Content

https://twitter.com/ebruenig/status/1412468406092193797

she's completely right and that's why the anti-kink at pride freaks are so dumb, even if you remove the element of 'it's part of queer history and nobody's actually loving on mainstreet you idiot' festivals celebrating identity and all have been, at nicest, bawdy since the old days

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
our idiot peasant ancestors loving loved having a big party where everyone got naked and jerked off in a big pile wearing animal masks to celebrate how cool it is and now we have 14 year old tiktok fetuses telling us it's actually assault to have leather folks in a queer event, life bad

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

quote:

Harris would be the presumptive nominee if Biden didn't run. Administration sources believe it would be nearly impossible to unseat the first Black woman vice president.

remember in 2015 when people kept saying "donald trump? pfft, he won't even make it out of the primaries" lol

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Lib and let die posted:

Vaush is an idiot. Of course we have a long term plan. We sell the next generation of rebels the trucks and guns we'll reclaim from them during our next invasion peacekeeping mission.

And that's the best part, once winter comes all the NeoTaliban just freeze to death!

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

tmfc posted:

remember in 2015 when people kept saying "donald trump? pfft, he won't even make it out of the primaries" lol

Kamala had a shot at a primary already and the results may surprise you

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

And that's the best part, once winter comes all the NeoTaliban just freeze to death!

Snow comes in, Taliban goes out. You can't explain that!

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Continue the Afghan War but send Vaush to fight it

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

nah you're wrong. she's a woman AND a minority. therefore it's virtually impossible for her to lose, despite the fact that she is a literal void of charisma and also ate complete poo poo in the 2020 primaries to the point that she dropped out almost immediately

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

tmfc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Oczyk6nCw

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Smythe posted:

goon project: assassinate nichael

racking shotgun pellets: nichael did this to me

Shageletic has issued a correction as of 20:00 on Jul 6, 2021

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lmao wow, immediate payoff

ann coulter was right about bernie too lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-2uSG1xUEg

tmfc has issued a correction as of 20:00 on Jul 6, 2021

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

So which is more likely:

Harris lied about ever smoking weed.

Harris lied about listening to Snoop and Tupac.

Harris smoked weed as SF DA.

someone went to the trouble of pointing out that the timeline doesn't work out, she wasn't in college during that era of rap, also shes a freakish monster lady

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol I remember Pelosi going on 60 minutes to defend keeping insider trading legal for members of congress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I actually don't know if Skeletor and Keith Ellison chanced into the correct guess, or if they just understood the electorate better than anyone else.

I think Keith probably did understand, not so much Coulter.