Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Big George is what I call my penis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

bird with big dick posted:

Big George is what I call my penis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPdHaNr0OAY

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

priznat posted:

Big George has a very little car

Roadsters are tiny. Here’s the first one I saw. 2011

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

They're stretched Lotus Evoras, aka the big Lotus.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I thought they were modified Elises.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Nfcknblvbl posted:

They are

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Huh, I always thought they were Evoras. Or probably my brain just retconned them as Evoras despite initially knowing they were Elises.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
It really does look completely ridiculous when I park mine next to any other vehicle, except maybe a Miata…

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

eeenmachine posted:

It really does look completely ridiculous when I park mine next to any other vehicle, except maybe a Miata…

It's pretty impressive that they have 244 miles EPA range considering their size! Sounds like a great alternative to the hypothetical 150 mile range E-Miata folks in here were complaining about earlier.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yeah I would love one

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

It's pretty impressive that they have 244 miles EPA range considering their size! Sounds like a great alternative to the hypothetical 150 mile range E-Miata folks in here were complaining about earlier.

You could have a 250 mile MX-5 too it'd just end up heavy and expensive.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

VideoGameVet posted:

reported for not rotating the image

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The first production/customer Mach-e GTs are supposedly being made this week. Probably deliveries starting in 6 or 8 weeks?

One of the first window stickers:

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I liked this part:

Does the EPA consider CUVs "Small Station Wagons"?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

That’s what CUVs are, small station wagons.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

RZA Encryption posted:

I liked this part:

Does the EPA consider CUVs "Small Station Wagons"?

It's based on whatever the manufacturer calls it and the interior volume.

the PT crusier is an SUV. The Cullinan is a midsize station wagon

Also apparently this is something that is for sale?

https://www.kandiamerica.com/electric-vehicle-K27/

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
My Bolt is a wagon

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Powershift posted:

It's based on whatever the manufacturer calls it and the interior volume.

the PT crusier is an SUV. The Cullinan is a midsize station wagon

If it's an 'SUV' the interior volumes don't get listed either

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Cyber Orange, gently caress yeah. I want an orange or yellow EV next.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Mine is a decade old and still gets 180mi ideal range I think. Pretty good for pretty old battery management tech I guess?

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

dissss posted:

You could have a 250 mile MX-5 too it'd just end up heavy and expensive.

I don't understand. Looking at the curb weights for the miatas and the roadster, the 4th and 5th generations are between 300 and 500 pounds different from the roadster. Granted that's not nothing, but is that really such a huge difference? If Mazda came out with a miata that had the same performance and range and weight as a roadster would anyone complain? (lol yes).

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bone Crimes posted:

I don't understand. Looking at the curb weights for the miatas and the roadster, the 4th and 5th generations are between 300 and 500 pounds different from the roadster. Granted that's not nothing, but is that really such a huge difference? If Mazda came out with a miata that had the same performance and range and weight as a roadster would anyone complain? (lol yes).

300-500 lbs is a lot on a Miata, yes.

Also, a Miata with the same specs as the roadster would cost 100k.

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

300-500 lbs is a lot on a Miata, yes.

Also, a Miata with the same specs as the roadster would cost 100k.

Fair enough. I does seem that there is the opportunity to take something like the drivetrain on a Model 3 SR+ and put it into a lighter body, and get sub 5s times with similar ranges.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bone Crimes posted:

Fair enough. I does seem that there is the opportunity to take something like the drivetrain on a Model 3 SR+ and put it into a lighter body, and get sub 5s times with similar ranges.

The Model 3 is two and a half feet longer than the Miata so you immediately run into challenges needing to fit that much battery in a much smaller footprint.

The original roadster managed to be as light as it was because they used the carbon fiber monocoque from the Lotus Elise. To make a reasonably light EV with good range you have to use exotic materials which makes it expensive which makes it not a Miata.

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Model 3 is two and a half feet longer than the Miata so you immediately run into challenges needing to fit that much battery in a much smaller footprint.

The original roadster managed to be as light as it was because they used the carbon fiber monocoque from the Lotus Elise. To make a reasonably light EV with good range you have to use exotic materials which makes it expensive which makes it not a Miata.

The Zoe has a roughly equivalent battery to the SR+ and it is only 6 inches longer, so does the roadster and it is only an inch longer than the miata? I would think that with the increases in density and packaging (tho they might be modest) and building the car purpose-built as an electric, would still make packaging not that that difficult. The weight would still be a problem.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

The Zoe has quite a tall battery pack which wouldn't be ideal for a sports car.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

If you use the forum's attachment feature, it doesn't follow exif rotation tags properly.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

You know, I don't really think that's true anymore. Composite structures are at a level now where you can make a genuine case for a light weight composite chassis in an affordable-ish car like a miata. The i3 was a composite chassis, 10 years ago, for the price of a kia e-nero.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
The Roadster also only had a 56kWh pack, but the whole body is carbon fiber. I doubt you could do a carbon fiber Miata for safety reasons.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Tell them to fix the software because that's not rotated on my iPhone.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

VideoGameVet posted:

That's the laziest personalized license plate I've ever seen.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

eeenmachine posted:

The Roadster also only had a 56kWh pack, but the whole body is carbon fiber. I doubt you could do a carbon fiber Miata for safety reasons.

You could do a CF Miata (like the 4C) but it would be too expensive.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Bp730y53o

Dodge is making something that does righteous burnouts and they're bringing the Fratzog emblem back.
https://www.motortrend.com/news/dodge-electric-muscle-car-ev-2024/
https://www.motortrend.com/news/dodge-fratzog-logo-electric-muscle-car/

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Had an ID4 for a few hours today. I've been mostly very negative to the touch controls, but I think I could live with them. I still think they're bad, even the layout is kind of awkward (also on the other, why is volume left/right and next/previous up and down?). But using ACC through many speed limit changes, I only misclicked once and that was right at the start. I could also do taptaptap fairly quickly to go from 80 to 83 without doing the annoying +1, +1, +10. Not nearly as nice, assured or eyes-off as Teslas roller or the I Pace flip switch, of course.

It is a pretty good ACC system. The speed limit transitions where ok, and I like that it tells you what it's about to do before it does it ("curve 50 km/h") so you can get ready to cancel or override with the accelerator. Speed limit data wasn't too good though, but you can disable speed limit following. It would be even better to have like Tesla, a configurable offset from the speed limit, particularly when the error is 3-4 kph at 80.

Software wasn't the newest, but the one which most ID owners are upgrading from these days. Infotainment was snappy and easy to use IMO. Not too much stuff around these parts, perhaps it helps to have fewer objects in the map.

Now that I know I can live it, it's more interesting to be on the preorder mailing list for the Cupra Born.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

:lol: the video goes "Why on gods green earth would Dodge make an electric car?" and my immediate thought was "Because they are tired of getting poo poo on by Tesla?".

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Weird combination of business talk and "American tough guy" act.

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 8, 2021

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Saw an all black MachE in the wilds of SC. It looks sharp to me.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
Car and Driver took 11 EVs on a 1000 mile road trip basically circumnavigating Ohio. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7lahYL9ySo https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a36877585/ev-1000-11-electric-cars-long-distance-race/ The Mach E and a Taycan nearly kept up with the Teslas.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

borkencode posted:

Car and Driver took 11 EVs on a 1000 mile road trip basically circumnavigating Ohio. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7lahYL9ySo https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a36877585/ev-1000-11-electric-cars-long-distance-race/ The Mach E and a Taycan nearly kept up with the Teslas.

quote:

Our drivers are split when asked whether the EV 1000 was harder or easier than expected, but most say that if they were to do the trip again, they would do one thing differently: drive a gas car. And that includes the Tesla drivers. We'll know that the charging networks and EV technology are fully baked when we're no longer saying that.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Sounds like a PHEV is still the best option! I'm doing about 60% of my miles EV only and I only have street parking and work from home so most of my driving is going to and from shopping or to the rural areas to go hiking. I'm on track to get at least 1000 miles on my first 11.5 gallon tank of gas. Probably even more than that. At my MPG so far i'll probably get 1400 miles on that tank.

I'll admit i'm kind of lucky as a few of the areas I ilke to go hiking already have EV chargers setup there, meaning that despite them exceeding my EV's range by a good margin, rather than doing a 120 miles trip and only doing 29 miles EV, (24% EV) I'm able to do 58 miles EV (48% EV) That helps a lot.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 9, 2021