Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LMAO Matt found a woman with his exact face but on a hot girl body. Hell yeah dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Someone turn his face into an emote

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Good for Matt

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Wizard Master please keep being a loving weirdo

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

lmao

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Good episode.

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
things are bad but the content is good

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I don't have many words after listening to that reading series on Traister's piece other than 'gulags'

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Biden has been nothing but hostile to anyone who actually wants him to actually fix anything, let alone a problem he had his hand in causing. It pisses me off so much that he gets to pull off his folksy shtick after all the times he yells at someone for challenging him. It raises my hackles a bit when Felix says he rules, even though I know he’s joking.

He told civil rights activists that they owe him and not vice versa, and called every black person who was hesitant about voting for him fake! He’s a rapist whose campaign killed #metoo harder than any Fox News sex monster could ever dream! Why does everyone like him? Stop liking him! Aaargh!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dr Christmas posted:

Biden has been nothing but hostile to anyone who actually wants him to actually fix anything, let alone a problem he had his hand in causing. It pisses me off so much that he gets to pull off his folksy shtick after all the times he yells at someone for challenging him. It raises my hackles a bit when Felix says he rules, even though I know he’s joking.

He told civil rights activists that they owe him and not vice versa, and called every black person who was hesitant about voting for him fake! He’s a rapist whose campaign killed #metoo harder than any Fox News sex monster could ever dream! Why does everyone like him? Stop liking him! Aaargh!

This is what it must have felt like to live in the Age of Reagan.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I think we should have more meat pies available. They're like Hot Pockets, only classy.

I just want to be classy, okay?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
There's an Australian cuisine place nearby me that serves little pot pies and they're just great. Green curry chicken pies are a real treat.

That McArdicle was really something to behold because it kept feeling like at some point she was gonna be like "Well all that stuff about pie, how does that relate to America? Well let me tell you" but she never does. It just never happens

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

MonsieurChoc posted:

This is what it must have felt like to live in the Age of Reagan.
I noticed this thing with Michael Moore, and then with old people I met in person, where they would just go into a trance where they start waxing about what a nice, sweet, gentle boy Biden is and how he wants to do good. And it wasn't far off from how my parents and older relatives would wax nostalgic about Reagan.

I'm actually still at a loss to understand Reagan's broad appeal, given the assumption that things actually continued to get worse for the working and middle (in the American sense) class throughout his administration. I wish Matt would rant about it.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Reagan had the nimbus around him because A he was a famous actor in his youth that the then-olds remembered, B the 79 energy crisis primed everyone to accept his make America great again narrative, C the 80s were a great time to be a rich superficial little freak and all of those people pine for that era of decadence

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
He was also swept in at the nadir of America's opinion of itself with the hostage crisis that Carter bungled in front of the entire world.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

yeah it seems very possible that not only will Biden be a two-term president, he'll be more fondly remembered than Obama. And that would be one of the funniest political outcomes

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I think we should have more meat pies available. They're like Hot Pockets, only classy.

Just get empanadas

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

net work error posted:

Just get empanadas

yeah empanadas and baos are the same concept but executed much better

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Gripweed posted:

yeah it seems very possible that not only will Biden be a two-term president, he'll be more fondly remembered than Obama. And that would be one of the funniest political outcomes

I can't say he'll die of old age before his second term, because I thought Trump wouldn't make it through 4 years of the rigors of being president & it turns out you can just hang out for 4 years and show up to photo-ops or rallies as you please. So, while I think it's less likely for Biden to run for a second term, I guess that's what'll happen because it's funniest.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Yeah if he loses the House in 2022 he's not really going to have to do anything; it'll be easy money.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gripweed posted:

There's some poll of historians that's done every year and it's insane Obama was in the top 10. Like Matt said in some episodes ages back he's the president that never existed.

Also Kennedy was in the top ten wtf

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Groovelord Neato posted:

There's some poll of historians that's done every year and it's insane Obama was in the top 10. Like Matt said in some episodes ages back he's the president that never existed.

Bay of Pigs was bad but he made up for it with how he left office.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
SOMEBODY went and blew Kennedy's historic relevance all over Dealy Plaza is what happened there. If he'd been any ordinary president, he'd be just another face in the crowd, though one who was banging an intern named Mimi Beardsley.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

net work error posted:

Just get empanadas

shhh dude

dont tell em!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I'm going to stop at the gas station and buy a steak and cheese pie

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i will hear no bad words said about producer chris. hes one of the coolest people ive met. he was drinking boilermakers the whole night when i met him and still ended it more sober than any of the other chapos. hes like the ideal drinking buddy you would want to have

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i will hear no bad words said about producer chris. hes one of the coolest people ive met. he was drinking boilermakers the whole night when i met him and still ended it more sober than any of the other chapos. hes like the ideal drinking buddy you would want to have

Hi Chris. I enjoyed the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald clips in this episode.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Gordon Lightfoot does kinda look like Chris Pratt

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

juggalo baby coffin posted:

Please turn down the radiolab a little. A little is fine

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
You can do the beep boops, the drops, the movie clips... but just sometimes, as a treat (I am pro Chris it gives me no pleasure to report this)

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Dr.Radical posted:

Wizard Master please keep being a loving weirdo

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Groovelord Neato posted:

There are maybe 2 good presidents ever. Kennedy had his major problems but the last year of his presidency somewhat made amends for me. He was a very different man after the Cuban missile crisis, and had he lived I think he would have been a genuinely good president.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

net work error posted:

Just get empanadas

Gripweed posted:

yeah empanadas and baos are the same concept but executed much better

Yes, but where are they in the cultural narrative, huh? My fat rear end should be able to get one on demand, much like the usurper sweet pies.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

quote:

Carrie Gress is a Fellow at Ethics and Public Policy Center. A mother of five, she has a doctorate in philosophy from the Catholic University of America and is the author of several books, including “The Anti-Mary Exposed: Rescuing the Culture from Toxic Femininity,” and “Theology of Home.” She is the editor of the online women’s magazine Theologyofhome.com

Once I heard that part, I knew I had to look. And... yep.

Wizard Master, you have a challenger to the weirdo cup. Crazed Breeder-Gal Catholic Nazi Brainworms vs. The Chapo Knower.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
She looks like she is wearing a mask made of a different woman’s face

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Ethics and Public Policy Center is where PEG works too.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
(where's Virgil voice) where's Amber?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Apoplexy posted:

I don't have many words after listening to that reading series on Traister's piece other than 'gulags'
It's hard to say much about either article because they were both pure nonsense.

What did Traister mean by "saying the quiet part loud?" Is the quiet part progressivism? None of these people are progressive. Biden is the guy he said he was during the campaign. There's nothing to say. The Exxon lobbyist was saying the quiet part loud.

Gress' article seemed like a weird series of dogwhistles that don't apply. Taking all women who have kids and aren't rich--or all women who aren't academic feminists, I'm not sure--and calling them "flyover women" which is a geographic thing. And calling anything she doesn't like "Marxist." It's just gibberish.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

It was weird and incoherent for sure. I still don't understand what the point of it was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The quiet part that liberals and leftists are supposedly saying out loud is that they hate Midwesterners, moms, and housewives. I’m unaware of any instance of liberal commentators saying this out loud, but that’s what she’s talking about.

Something I don’t think I’ve seen people talk about is how batshit insane is the accusation that Democrats “Hate the family” and want to destroy it. Think about it for literally one second, and it’s just as crazy as the most fantastical Q poo poo, and everyone just nods along with it. Name literally one person who says they want to “destroy the family.”

They call liberals out of touch, which is true to an extent, but then they constantly talk about how literally every one who disagrees with them politically, a plurality of American voters, are unemployed and/or childless.