Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

aldantefax posted:

Someone was like “hey you should brew this tea that you’ve never brewed before also it was hella expensive but you’re good at making tea, right” and then 8 people sat at the table to drink tea

I was like, “uhhh ok” and I brewed it, Grass People Tree’s “Slow Mellow Yellow”, which is probably the most finicky category of tea by temperature, but I think I managed to brew and pour a pretty respectable cup

Then I kicked everybody out of the teahouse because it was after closing, dohohoho

Also, I have gone to said tea house enough that they asked me to volunteer, and now, I am the volunteer coordinator there and have a key, so I can come and go as I please!

slowly taking over the place I see. Seriously, congrats!

Currently really enjoying my first milk oolong, from Wiyu preserve. Incredible how much is going on in this cup of tea

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you have the money and the patience, you can Hello Kitty anything

Thank you deep dish peat moss!
Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Viscous

if there was a teahouse near me i would basically live in it

Escape From Noise

Tea houses rule. I wish they were more of a thing here.

Bilirubin

today is a sencha day

OMGVBFLOL posted:

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I took my "away tea set" and brewed tea for a coffee shop that I started going into the past few weeks, the staff there was really into it so I think there are some new tea fans near me!

Someone asked me if they should do an OnlyFans for tea, and I was like "Uhhh, well, that could be a thing"

Dip Viscous

aldantefax posted:

"away tea set"

really loving the idea of doing a picnic but instead of taking a lunch i take a car battery, inverter, electric kettle, teapot, and tea

no cup, i will drink straight from the pot while staring at a raccoon

Heath

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Share some tea with the raccoon, man

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Dip Viscous posted:

really loving the idea of doing a picnic but instead of taking a lunch i take a car battery, inverter, electric kettle, teapot, and tea

no cup, i will drink straight from the pot while staring at a raccoon

The easier way is to take a reliable thermos! But I have also considered this.

I do now have a charcoal stove that is supposed to use two different types of charcoal at once to control the heat for water and allow for slow even heating. It comes with a special kettle that has a big cone in the middle so the center heats about as fast as the other parts!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

you need genuine russian samovar which you stuff with sticks or something I can't remember how they work

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
It's a bigass urn that you heat up and then dispense water into a kettle that is full of strong tea that you would normally put back on top of the samovar to keep warm and also strong as heck

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Big tea goes in the big cup

Who here would turn down the liter o tea

Dip Viscous

i found a tumbler and a jar of blooming tea my mom got me like 15 years ago

i have no idea what it is beyond a hand written label that says "tiger", it sort of tastes like a mix of white tea and lotus even though it doesn't look like that

edit: and... jasmine?

Dip Viscous fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jul 15, 2021

Heath

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Most blooming teas are jasmine infused, although I'd be surprised if you got a significant amount of flavor out of it if it's really that old

Dip Viscous

Heath posted:

Most blooming teas are jasmine infused, although I'd be surprised if you got a significant amount of flavor out of it if it's really that old

it was a very sealed jar

i just forgot where my trashcan was and flung a teabag onto the floor

Vivian Darkbloom

I finished that bag of sencha. Amazing flavor! I was thinking of trying some white tea - any recs?

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I've been drinking Unfolding Path from West China Tea. Easy to brew and work with and lasts a long time.

Escape From Noise

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I finished that bag of sencha. Amazing flavor! I was thinking of trying some white tea - any recs?

I remember Tao of Tea's silver needles being good. Something like that?

Vivian Darkbloom

Escape From Noise posted:

I remember Tao of Tea's silver needles being good. Something like that?

The Tao of Tea shop is right down the street from me in Portland! I visited this afternoon to refill my collection.

Escape From Noise

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

The Tao of Tea shop is right down the street from me in Portland! I visited this afternoon to refill my collection.

:nice: I love that place!

Escape From Noise

They had a yellow tea that was really interesting.

Dip Viscous

TIL i've been wasting tons of hibiscus because i can brew it like 4 times

poverty goat

i am drinking some tea :coffee:

Chrs

Currently drinking a mixture of valerian root, chamomile, mint and lemon balm

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

poverty goat posted:

i am drinking some tea :coffee:

:same:

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I wish I was drinking tea right now

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I wish I was drinking tea right now

make a positive change in your situation and find some tea

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

make a positive change in your situation and find some tea

I have everything I need to make tea at my office, except the important part (tea).

Bilirubin

you have inspired me to make some tension tamer in a bit

and then drink it

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Escape From Noise

I haven't been drinking much tea lately. Work's been murder

Finger Prince

I was going to make a cup of peach rooibos the other day, but I didn't realize the kettle wasn't plugged in, so I ended up pouring cold water on it. It steeped in the cold water for something like 5-10 minutes, but still had a surprising amount of flavour. So if you want to make a really tasty, quick iced tea, get some peach rooibos and soak it for a few minutes.

Escape From Noise

I am actually enjoying a pot of tea for the first time in ages. Just some Japanese green from Yame. It's nice.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Nice

Heath

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I made matcha today using the last of my powder and I need more!! More!!!!

Escape From Noise

Having some sencha with fruit.

Bilirubin

Escape From Noise posted:

Having some sencha with fruit.

that sounds nice

OMGVBFLOL posted:

The Hello Machine

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
I wish I was drinking tea but all I have is caffeinated tea and it is too late for that :(

teen witch
rn brewing some twinnings cinnamon raisin black tea because my partners ex from drat near five years ago left tea at his place and I don’t want it to go to waste. so hooray rando chais and cinnamon flavored teas. I want to finish off this cache so I can buy more and abolish the curse forever

I’m also brewing some iced tea (I am an open heretic) from some jasmine which hnggg yes it’s my fave. I have a big jar with a spigot and I can’t think of the stupid name of it but I use it for iced tea and sometimes booze (not at the same time yet)

Dip Viscous posted:

TIL i've been wasting tons of hibiscus because i can brew it like 4 times

for real? does the flavor change outside of weakening? I love hibiscus tea but a ton of it at once a gives me this weird woozy felt that I wish I could take drugs for to get instead of drinking a ton of tea that makes me piss.

teen witch
I am sorry for double posting but would it be ok for me to make a thread about mugs in GBS??? or is it encroaching on the tea territory (tearritory)

Heath

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Teas are properly drank from a bowl :japan: so go ahead I say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

teen witch posted:

I am sorry for double posting but would it be ok for me to make a thread about mugs in GBS??? or is it encroaching on the tea territory (tearritory)

You can post in this very thread friend, mugs are pretty dope. I have a couple of cools ones