Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

jesus WEP posted:

you could really easily have a coach be setup to carry like 20-30 people in comfortable seats that recline a long way without bothering the person behind you

A normal and good person/company could, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I guarantee if they had tour buses most of the roster would use them cause they don’t get paid poo poo.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

all of the super leftists around here suddenly become anti public transportation every time we have the Bus Discussion

WWE should shuttle their sports entertainers to and from shows in horse-driven carts. Like the opening bit from Skyrim, and with much the same "condemned man" demeanor from the passengers, I'd wager

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Alaois posted:

just imagine the Dave Matthews Band Tour Bus Situation but with wrestlers

It would be the same, but with more doves flying around.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

He doesn’t get my sympy

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Gavok posted:

More making GBS threads in bags, less dumping poo poo in on tour boats in Chicago rivers.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

And that's just Orton's bus

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
“Super Leftist” Osborne

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Super leftist Kip Sabian.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I like how this jimmy thing has happened so many times people are commenting on the metagame of it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WWE's orlando crew could buy a whole precinct with the DUI fines they've racked up.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

MJeff posted:

Super left-handed Kip Sabian.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Cavauro posted:

the alcohol abusos

I'm a terrible person for laughing so hard.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

coconono posted:

Thievery Corporation attributed their longterm success to having separate tour bussessss.

travelled to see them at red rocks couple years ago. was loving awesome

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Alaois posted:

just imagine the Dave Matthews Band Tour Bus Situation but with wrestlers

That’s Robert Gibson

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DeepDickPizza posted:

How hard is it to say, "goddamn, this sucks, I hope he gets his poo poo together" without becoming a bunch of freaks calling for the head of a guy who, to the best of my knowledge, is generally well-regarded outside of his drinking problem?

It's hard to say that because his drinking problem isn't the problem.

The problem is his habitual high risk of killing people problem.

This isn't difficult to grasp.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Swerve hard in the paint

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Down since Day 0.1ish.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
I hope Jimmy gets help and I am grateful he hasn't hurt anyone or himself with his reckless behavior. It's rare that an addiction or substance problem is not a symptom of underlying mental illness, trauma, or both. I hope he can figure that poo poo out however he has to it's not too late to get out of this poo poo without anyone losing their life.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

IIconics are on Oral Sessions and they just said they don't have a green card at all. All those years in the WWE

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

.205 is triple the BAC limit in Florida correct? That's like drinking a bottle of whiskey and then immediately jumping in your car.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ARMBAR A COP posted:

IIconics are on Oral Sessions and they just said they don't have a green card at all. All those years in the WWE

tbf they don't blame WWE for that but the glacial pace of the immigration system, probably not helped by the last four years.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I think someone else posted that info from another podcast or something, apparently neither of their husbands are American citizens (Shawn Spears is Canadian, dunno who Jessie McKay is married to), and their work visas were only good so long as their employer (WWE) was sponsoring them. Not sure if AEW or another company can just take over as their sponsor or if they'd need to go back to Australia first and then re-apply. Either way I'm sure it has to be super frustrating for them.

Testekill posted:

.205 is triple the BAC limit in Florida correct? That's like drinking a bottle of whiskey and then immediately jumping in your car.

Given that it's Florida, I'm honestly shocked that the BAC standard at this point isn't just "how much blood is in their alcohol" :v:

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 6, 2021

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1412537339503693832?s=20

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

the mcmahons absolutely could have pulled the right strings, between 2017 and 2020, to have their workers' immigration process sped up

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think it depends entirely on how much time is left on their visas, and what type they applied for. There's usually a grace period, often up to a year depending on the type of application.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
DUIs can have fatal consequences. Jimmy Uso is a piece of garbage, I hope he goes to jail.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jimmy’s gonna get the IC belt as punishment

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I mean people have said it earlier but WWE has always had this scummy "You're only here by our good graces" attitude to it's talent. Like how they push people to buy houses with WWE loans or whatever the hell that scam was.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Ivypls posted:

the mcmahons absolutely could have pulled the right strings, between 2017 and 2020, to have their workers' immigration process sped up

Linda was in the Trump administration, they could’ve easily got this done if they gave even the slightest poo poo but not helping the talent with this gives WWE more power over them.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Kosmo Gallion posted:

DUIs can have fatal consequences. Jimmy Uso is a piece of garbage, I hope he goes to jail.

Jail should not exist, it doesn’t work, but neither is whatever is being done now. He should probably lose his job, but that also doesn’t fix poo poo like this it only spirals someone into worse consequences

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The only jail is horny jail and it’s this forum

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I only invest in gold from Ric Flair or Jeff Jarrett

real estate is for suckers

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

coconono posted:

The only jail is horny jail and it’s this forum

We're not locked in here with horny, horny is locked in here with us.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

Jimmy’s gonna get the IC belt as punishment

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

Jail should not exist, it doesn’t work, but neither is whatever is being done now. He should probably lose his job, but that also doesn’t fix poo poo like this it only spirals someone into worse consequences

Then what would you suggest? The dude has been nailed for DUI three loving times. He's putting other people's lives at risk.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

we may not be able to reach an agreement during our conversation here today. but suspending the license for a long time followed up by that apparatus where you can only start your car by breathalyzer should be a 'technical' fix for this situation without throwing more bad after the bad. however, i understand the viewpoint that risking it as a drunk driver is just as bad as actually having something happen. i just don't have all the answers. i forgot to discuss a treatment facility as that feels like an implied 'must' to me. sorry about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

WWE is so sucky and horrible to hear about. I wish no one watched it and there weren't any threads on it. but when there are threads you really have got to post in them. That's what I'm doing