Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
he did manage to punch Ropey off of television for 2+ months now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1412570908699545604

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

The Bee posted:

Honestly, AEW kind of has a hoss problem? Don't get me wrong, I love hosses, hoss offs, and hossing of all varieties, but the spot's already crowded enough with Miro, Cage, and Lance Archer all salivating for a slice of the pie. Adding Ogogo onto that and you have four "big man destroys all in his way" wrestlers, and that's not really a spot you can share spotlight on so easily.

i know, but also when AEW first started we were STARVING FOR BEEF, big biceps tony gave us what we want

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Bee posted:

Honestly, AEW kind of has a hoss problem? Don't get me wrong, I love hosses, hoss offs, and hossing of all varieties, but the spot's already crowded enough with Miro, Cage, and Lance Archer all salivating for a slice of the pie. Adding Ogogo onto that and you have four "big man destroys all in his way" wrestlers, and that's not really a spot you can share spotlight on so easily.

Ogogo isn't a hoss?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

barely anyone in aew has that consistent level of muscle. traps and everywhere. it can confuse someone. but it's not his fault he looks wide in comparison

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i definitely thought he was bigger than 5'11 before i just looked it up

WAY TO SHATTER MY ILLUSION MRT

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Dark's over. Release the vlog Sammy.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

its fully hitting me that we're about to get a berserk miami crowd for the first road show back since like march 2020 holy poo poo im going to lose my mind

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im gonna post this here because even though we've all seen it im sure, i just like it a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o690FN3vfDw&t=8s

eddie kingston is a god

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The build to FTR vs. Proud and Powerful has been so loving good.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

The Bee posted:

Wardlow! Hobbs!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that fukkin hager guy.

you can never have enough hoss. Its only WWE's obsession with no skill hosses that blinds you. The true shining hoss path exists and we can all travel it.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

The Bee posted:

All American Jake Long reading this post

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
A) How dare you guys, you didn't include Luchasaurus.

B) Good points! I guess I was conflating monster heel and hoss there, though with Cage and Archer on the path to facehood they aren't really monster heels, either. Ogogo felt the most physically imposing of the Factory, which is why I kinda slotted him into the role, but I can see how I kinda missed the mark.

That said, looking at all the hosses you're all reminding me of, I legit think we have enough for an all beef tournament and that's kinda beautiful.

Miro
Cage
Hobbs
Archer
Wardlow
Hager
Luchasaurus

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The Bee posted:

Miro
Cage
Hobbs
Archer
Wardlow
Hager
Luchasaurus

Add Bear Bronson or Boulder and Nick Comoroto to this list and I'm sold. Maybe Cezar Bononi, too.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dustin would fit in too.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
A Bear, Bononi, Nick, and Dustin bring it to 12. We only need 4 more for a fully stacked bracket. 3 more, if you have Tall Paul take a spot just to say he's been in an AEW ring.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like it when the bigbois violently touch each other

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Bee posted:

A Bear, Bononi, Nick, and Dustin bring it to 12. We only need 4 more for a fully stacked bracket. 3 more, if you have Tall Paul take a spot just to say he's been in an AEW ring.

Bring over Higuchi from DDT.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Open the true Forbidden Portal and bring in LA Park.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

The Bee posted:

Bring back Cobb, get Rowan in here, Hope Joe gets bored in NXT, and three Vlan Vngels stacked in a trenchcoat

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lethrom posted:

Bring back Cobb, get Rowan in here, Hope Joe gets bored in NXT, and three Vlan Vngels stacked in a trenchcoat

Just stack up Silver, Stu and Five, no cloning necessary.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
15 big dudes and Silver would be a sick tournament.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Excited for Fuego to win the Friendlympics tomorrow and show up on Dynamite in Nightmare Factory blue / grey / white and teaming with Dustin, his father/son/husband

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

coconono posted:

I like it when the bigbois violently touch each other

I love those clubs

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1412532127166517250?s=20

Even if he's not signed, Bononi came to AEW with no contacts in the industry besides WWE, and was so poorly trained by the PC that he had to be educated on what a false finish is. He's coming out of his AEW experience as a better wrestler, with better knowledge, and most important of all, a professional network that will enable him to put food on the table.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I imagine we'll still see Cezar on Dynamite every now and then but the Wingmen certainly aren't an act that will be there every week.

I imagine any money he can bring in is welcome given his wife's situation.

Yaya fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jul 7, 2021

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Open the true Forbidden Portal and bring in LA Park.

Is TNT ready for an unleashed LA Park though

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
With all the changes and people that won't be able to go on the road, there's a part of me that wishes AEW was much more stationary, a month in a state at a time or something.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Kunabomber posted:

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1412532127166517250?s=20

Even if he's not signed, Bononi came to AEW with no contacts in the industry besides WWE, and was so poorly trained by the PC that he had to be educated on what a false finish is. He's coming out of his AEW experience as a better wrestler, with better knowledge, and most important of all, a professional network that will enable him to put food on the table.

Crazy to think how Cezar’s gotten more TV time in AEW since September than he did in 5 years in NXT. I hope he keeps at it and keeps getting better, here’s obviously something there and I think he’ll be pretty well received by the GCW crowd.

JD goin’ for it too, the Wingmen are the perfect low card act.:

https://twitter.com/realjddrake/status/1412577631153934339?s=21

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
This may sound silly, but should there be a light/feather weight title? I'd love to see a belt that smaller guys like Fuego, Marko, etc. can go after that shines a light on them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Waffleopolis posted:

This may sound silly, but should there be a light/feather weight title? I'd love to see a belt that smaller guys like Fuego, Marko, etc. can go after that shines a light on them.

No. A title for such a small fraction of the roster kinda buries them more than it elevates them.

Like, you could make a Dark title, I guess, but even that's kinda pushing it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Make a Dark title and rip off the NWA's "if you retain this belt X times, you get a title shot" thing where if you can get like, three defenses in a row, you can trade in the title for a TNT Title shot on Dynamite or something.

Then make the Dark champ fight the Strong Openweight champ for king of the developmental shows.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Where the gently caress is Fuego’s contract Tony

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

History Comes Inside! posted:

Where the gently caress is Fuego’s contract Tony

We know you just got $100k back, you can cover it :argh:

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I can't remember which promotion has it, but I think there's a title where you can only compete for it if you have less than x years experience in wrestling. That seems like a pretty cool title to have for shining a light on promising younger talent but would also be hilarious if it turned out that someone like the Butcher was eligible for it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Tony is sending Fuego to NXT to learn the fundamentals

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Crapple! posted:

I can't remember which promotion has it, but I think there's a title where you can only compete for it if you have less than x years experience in wrestling. That seems like a pretty cool title to have for shining a light on promising younger talent but would also be hilarious if it turned out that someone like the Butcher was eligible for it.

You may be thinking of the short lived U-30 title in New Japan, competed for by wrestlers younger than 30.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
STARDOM has the Future of STARDOM belt which is for wrestlers under 20 or with <2 years experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Crapple! posted:

Shaq would win this immediately