Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Kuros posted:

Subbed!

Thanks much!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
5 subs given and 5 rando subs given out, might have more later in the week. :)

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/xTrillValentine/status/1271191436550189056
https://twitter.com/Miss_Katatonik/status/1293733451837976576

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/EatWorkSleepDie/status/1412594842190876674

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
skateboard deadspace would be a cool game

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Now this is an objective rodeo

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
This run is cool as hell

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Kuros posted:

5 subs given and 5 rando subs given out, might have more later in the week. :)

Hook me up if you still got one, TeaJay0 (zero)

Looks like I have to catch GTA later. But like someone said KZ Frew is always drat entertaining. I absolutely loved his one Vice City run where he tried to catch a person with a motorcycle with busted tires only to be surprise slammed by the police outta nowhere.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO3hhp_EH5w&t=2397s

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 7, 2021

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The Butt skip

e: Little Nightmares looks like a game I totally would nope out of playing, I'm incredibly bad with horror stuff

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Star Wars: Rainbow 6 Edition

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This Star Wars run is kind of a perfect background run since the commentary is entertaining and on point all the time, even if most of the gameplay is similar shooting and running.

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

1-1-2029, tonight the stars are shining bright
I did not know that shotgun melee had the best DPS, I did not know you could progress with all your squad dead.

$500K !

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jul 7, 2021

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

great republic commando run. just did a play through a few weeks ago and it's still a fun game.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kororinpa is so much fun. Monkey Ball-esque but with gyro and full rotation. Not only can you turn the controller sideways to make a wall the new floor, levels will expect that. When going fast the axis the level rotates around gets... weird.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Shoutout to the marble with the screaming man inside.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Pepppsimaaaaaann ... no, wait

Coca Cola kiiiddddddddd

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I hope the coke company donates for this :colbert:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Suffocation by boobs. RIP Coca Cola Kid

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
What the hell even is this coca cola game

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I love the Twinkle Star Sprites tournaments every gdq, I always get totally bodied because I suck at shmups but there are some absolute killers who have really great matches. Mike Uyama wrote the gameFAQ for it after all

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
my body is ready to be shaken

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Always love some Mischief Makers, such a weird and amazing little game.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "SAVE US!"...and I'll look down and whisper "Shake shake".

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

The marble with the screaming man inside is, to my mind, an acceptable meme

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Boxman posted:

The marble with the screaming man inside is, to my mind, an acceptable meme

What's the explanation? I missed it and don't get it.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I looked at this and went "didn't they just run Golden Sun at AGDQ?" but apparently that was the first GBA game and this is a sequel? Which they're playing on Wii U.

The previous run was pretty entertaining as far as long-rear end RPG's go. Had good commentary, Plexa was a good runner. IIRC he said that the game has so much dialogue mashing in it he got carpal tunnel from it (or at least serious hand injury). Yikes. Body in the line for speedrunning, I guess.

And after that it's time for GeoGuessr!

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Unless I too missed something, it would be the omnipresent clanballs in Mischief Makers:

Also I am losing my poo poo at the deadpan text at the bottom of the screen "the mic is broken, try yelling"

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

drat this Mr. Game and shout shouting is killing me

e: great ending

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jul 7, 2021

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Great names including Bob, OOORB and Kitty

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

finally back from my trip and well rested and i'm staring at a 6 hour golden sun run. lol

i guess i will watch some runs i missed. the paper mario one sounds like a trip

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

been watching after remembering it was on and man, all i can really say is, i can't wait for gdq to be an in-person event again

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

been watching after remembering it was on and man, all i can really say is, i can't wait for gdq to be an in-person event again

Yeah, same, though at the same time, for something that's not in person, they're doing a fantastic job. My god, the Battletoads run was incredible.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It started with a donation after the Kororinpa run and LLK liked it enough they started encouraging people to tack it on to all their donations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

On the one hand yeah, on the other hand it's opened GDQ up to people who simply couldn't do runs before so I hope they find some way to integrate remote runners.

pmcTRILOGY
Feb 9, 2014

MY BRAND!
my favorite thing about the games list is that they took a lot of runners who I know from around the world and probably wouldn't be able to make an in-person event

so happy they get a chance on this virtual stage and definitely looking forward to when I can see speedfriends in person again

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
https://twitter.com/rezephos/status/1412811146935951363?s=19

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think there is room for both in person and virtual events.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Bruceski posted:

On the one hand yeah, on the other hand it's opened GDQ up to people who simply couldn't do runs before so I hope they find some way to integrate remote runners.

Yeah same, it's been great seeing runs that just wouldn't have been possible if it was all in person, and runners that aren't able to attend, get screen time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

pmcTRILOGY posted:

my favorite thing about the games list is that they took a lot of runners who I know from around the world and probably wouldn't be able to make an in-person event

so happy they get a chance on this virtual stage and definitely looking forward to when I can see speedfriends in person again

the time apart will only make your's and KZ's bromance stronger