Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Captain Rufus posted:

*Tons of awesome Epic stuff*

If you don't think you're going to use them, would I be able to get a sprue or two of Space Marines off of you for using with Adeptus Titanicus bases? And I love those old Slaaneshi Knights, I'm sad that GW seems to have memoryholed them and instead went with "Imperial Knight but spikier" for the Chaos Knights. Sure they looked goofy, but they were in line asthetically with the daemons of slaanesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

It's perfectly possible I do not recall correctly! E:A came after I was less interested in Epic. I was under the impression that Epic Armageddon (brown and orange packaging) was only sold mail-order. If it was the brown-and-orange packaging of fourth edition and not the black-blue-silver of Epic 40K, then I might just be incorrect.

It was defnitely the brown and orange epic armageddon. I remember buying imperial infantry and an ork warband, along with a couple blisters and the E:A rulebook. This was at a FLGS in the early 00s, not at a GW. My first ever GW purchase though was battlefleet gothic, imperial cruisers, immedialtly followed by the core box set, that would be late 90's sometime. If they properly supported SG they could have been fine, I knew tons of people that loved those games, and they were always my favorite, plus my entry way into the hobby.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Randalor posted:

If you don't think you're going to use them, would I be able to get a sprue or two of Space Marines off of you for using with Adeptus Titanicus bases?
I hate to keep singing about 3D printing, but I'd find a pal with a resin printer for this. You can get some slightly bigger, more varied, and higher detail marines in different 30K versions.
I've printed a pile for the same purpose, it takes no time at all.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright, moderator hat on.

TheDiceMustRoll sent me a PM because he received an interesting response from the guy he reached out to, one of the designers for the new adeptus titanicus. potatocubed and I are reluctant to quash that information because it reads as useful (albeit not especially encouraging) for us Epic players; on the other hand, we do not want to appear to be giving permission for the way that TDMR went about getting it.

So we've decided to allow TDMR to post it, since we don't think further harm will result. But we want to be 100% clear; it's fine to reach out and talk to game designers online, of course! But copying someone's SA post, name, avatar, etc. and putting it out somewhere without their permission to try to epically own them isn't cool. You don't need to try to win internet arguments by exposing your foes like that.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i don't see what it'll solve tbh.

it's still going to be he said she said. Like LJS said he spoke to his pet GW designer and TDMR said he spoke to his, which ultimately may just mean two separate designers have differing opinions on where things are heading. Or do we just assume the last person to talk to a GW guy has the most correct version?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The information wasn't obtained in good faith but was used to try and own someone, I don't particularly care how "legit" or "interesting" it might be.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Added context, at a minimum.

It's really unfortunate when something which should be cool, the insider view of what's going on at GW, gets used maliciously on the SA forums. Person A makes a claim, Person B asks a question or points out an implausible aspect of the claim, and then Person A asserts some personal affront because actually he has heretofore undisclosed insider information.

If people have information but can't share it because it was shared in confidence, that's fine, but when they then share that information to own someone else - well, it's just confusing. Were they baiting for an argument? Did they just betray their source over hurt feelings?

Maneck fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 6, 2021

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Slaaneshi horde (updated closer color match)

Xlorp fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 7, 2021

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Xlorp posted:

Slaaneshi horde

It's fabulous.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
While we're talking Epic, i ended up printing the Thunderhawk full size. It feels pretty good in hand!

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Khorne goes nutz

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Xlorp posted:

Slaaneshi horde

Xlorp posted:

Khorne goes nutz

Very good.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Electric Hobo posted:

While we're talking Epic, i ended up printing the Thunderhawk full size. It feels pretty good in hand!

it looks really tasty

like a gummy bear

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Apologies to anyone lurking who ever found it interesting, but I'm probably not going to be asking questions on behalf of, or reporting back to, the TG community when I go to GW events/Seminars/Q&As in the future. Being called a liar for no reason other than snide grudges years down the road is sadly unsurprising here now, but it's absolutely not worth having completely normal people taking it to uninvolved third parties as some sort of entirely reasonable attempt at point scoring.

Something something nice things.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

lilljonas posted:

Honestly, this is one of the things that I like about historical games. There is far less of this view that a game is either a blockbuster success 24/7, or it's "dead". But that probably has a lot to do with the games and the miniatures being independent from each other. You'll more likely run into issues using your Dropzone Commander minis for a game of Epic than say, switching from using Black Powder to Lasalle with your napoleonic minis. The expecations is also lower in a way, people kind of assume that a rule system will be popular in a bunch of local gaming groups but not rule the entire niche, and judge it based on that. In fantasy and sci-fi skirmish games for example, I feel so much energy is wasted on bickering wether Malifaux is dead, or if Warmahordes is dead, or if Bushido is dead, and so on. But then of course, if your game relies on a unique range of minis only sold by one company, the game is so much more vulnerable for that kind of threat.

Awesome collection either way! I'm very jealous as I didn't get to play much Epic, me and some friends bought the starter set for E:A back in the 90's but never really got it going.

The real secret is that all historical games are dead to begin with :v:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Endman posted:

The real secret is that all historical games are dead to begin with :v:

Never thought of 30k as a historical before. :monocle:

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Apologies to anyone lurking who ever found it interesting, but I'm probably not going to be asking questions on behalf of, or reporting back to, the TG community when I go to GW events/Seminars/Q&As in the future. Being called a liar for no reason other than snide grudges years down the road is sadly unsurprising here now, but it's absolutely not worth having completely normal people taking it to uninvolved third parties as some sort of entirely reasonable attempt at point scoring.

Something something nice things.

You should certainly feel free to check out from interactions that don't feel worth it, and it's unfortunate that TheDiceMustRoll was such a loving creep about it, but for what it's worth, I found your reaction WAY out of line. I can't follow the e-honor of the posters in this thread, so someone politely clarifying that there was no official source was perfectly reasonable. That you took it so personally felt very strange, and is probably reflective of the grudges you mentioned.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Eediot Jedi posted:

Never thought of 30k as a historical before. :monocle:

Paint your models nerd

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Ill play 30k just as soon as that leaked starter comes out and the game gets a real ruleset

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
drat it you jerks are making me want to get into Epic... There's so many models online I can print off.

Is there a difference between Epic and Armageddon? Is there a fan continuation? What exact rules do people play with all those tiny bois

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

No. 1 Juicy Boi posted:

drat it you jerks are making me want to get into Epic... There's so many models online I can print off.

Is there a difference between Epic and Armageddon? Is there a fan continuation? What exact rules do people play with all those tiny bois

Epic Armageddon is the latest (final) edition of Epic. It's the most common and if you're interested in playing, that's probably the version you should go with.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

MCPeePants posted:

You should certainly feel free to check out from interactions that don't feel worth it, and it's unfortunate that TheDiceMustRoll was such a loving creep about it, but for what it's worth, I found your reaction WAY out of line. I can't follow the e-honor of the posters in this thread, so someone politely clarifying that there was no official source was perfectly reasonable. That you took it so personally felt very strange, and is probably reflective of the grudges you mentioned.

I can certainly understand that. Without the tedious tapestry of TG GW history my lack of patience would seem odd. Scraping the surface, my current avatar was bought by a lurker to replace the homophobic one someone in this thread gave me for liking modern GW products. Toy men is, apparently, serious business.

Anyway, more on-topic and less drama, https://grimdarkterrain.com/ have been absolutely smashing it with their AT/Epic sculpts lately. This month they've produced a fantastic mass loader and space port designs.

Those are epic scale equivalents to the Munitorum Containers from 40k That ship is massive, and should look great on a table. I'm not sure when they'll be available as finished models from his partners, but you can get the STL print files now.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

No. 1 Juicy Boi posted:

berzerkmonkey posted:

Epic Armageddon is the latest (final) edition of Epic. It's the most common and if you're interested in playing, that's probably the version you should go with.

It's also hands down one of, if not the best ruleset to come out of GW. It plays fast, with lots of back and forth, you spend very little time waiting to respond. The rules also really fit thematically, the armies more or less feel like how you think thier 40k versions should feel.

I really enjoy minigeddon, which is E:A played at 1/3 the points on half the board. You can have a great game in under two hours, the balance isn't too bad, and you can put together a competitive team with a very limited number of purchases. I've got two full armies, but have been slowly putting together a minigeddon force for a number of other armies. Right now I have roughly 5000pts of vostroyans, 3000 of orks, and then 1500 of eldar and space marines. Next up I think I'll put together 1500 of necrons, then maybe black legion?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Why are there so many posters in this thread with Joseph Stalin avatars??

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
So as a quick preface, I wasn't actually trying to score points, I just think it's always going to be way easier to just ask people who worked on the thing you're talking about if it's true. 2/3rds of my social circle work and worked in television and film, and then a few more work in the video game industry. Whenever I wanna know something that comes out, whether just as a claim someone makes for no reason or if they're arguing about whatever, I usually just want to know. And since people that work in creative industries are just people that like talking about things they do for a living they consider cool, I usually get an answer. Hell, I usually get an over-answer.

I missed out on picking up Epic 40,000k a few weeks ago(and then tried to get Virtual Russian in contact with the seller before it was too late, alas...) because I didn't know much about it and I missed out on a double-army box. Game looks good and I'd like to see GW bring it back like they did with AT and Warhammer Quest and Necromunda and Blood Bowl, especially since Virtual Russian has sold me on it.

So, I did what I literally always do, and often do when it comes to tabletop gaming stuff: I asked, especially since James Hewitt did a fairly deep-dive on his career for Goonhammer not too long ago and seemed pretty open about talking about his career, and yeah he definitely was.

You'll see that it doesn't prove LJS wrong or anyone right. And it's pretty interesting. I've been eyeballing AT for awhile but nobody plays it here, and the one person that buys up my FLGS's stock merely collects and sells the rulebooks on facebook marketplace..

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yes, I permitted posting those because I don't think Hewitt is necessarily contradicting what RJS said, but it adds some context and information that maybe folks didn't have. And, I wanted to honor Hewitt's willingness to talk about titanicus and share what he asked to be shared.

I hope we can consider the matter settled now. Will there be another release of Epic? We don't know, it's possible, the rules don't preclude it and have actually been written with the intention of making it possible in the future, it'd take some doing, and 5 years ago there were no plans to do it but that doesn't shut the door.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I missed out on picking up Epic 40,000k a few weeks ago(and then tried to get Virtual Russian in contact with the seller before it was too late, alas...) because I didn't know much about it and I missed out on a double-army box. Game looks good and I'd like to see GW bring it back like they did with AT and Warhammer Quest and Necromunda and Blood Bowl, especially since Virtual Russian has sold me on it.

The game does rule, also I just bought 1250pts of necrons. I'm going to be able to single handidly run a minigeddon tournement at this rate. I apreciated the attempt on that stuff for sale, alas some things weren't meant to be.

This pandemic needs to end, I've had done nothing but work, buy epic, slowly paint some of it, and then play minigeddon. I've gotten two promotions since starting a new job a year back, I've never really had money to throw at this hobby before and unpainted metal mountain is getting ugly.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Nurgle's Lads

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
This is a general warhammer question but seeing your Great Unclean One I have to ask, how big are they supposed to be? I've seen art that basically put them at Kaiju-level, there's an early AoS artpiece which showed that a massive, visible from space river was comprised of goop leaking from a GUO's guts, but that thing looks normal sized.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

The two of same size are traditional Epic 2nd GUO
The statuesque lump between them is RAFM 25mm I pulled in as size and shape appropriate
Mortarion stands in as one of my Chaos Warmaster characters on occasion

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
E:A is such a good rules set. I have fallen in love with the new Titanicus, but I agree with folks upthread that there's a strong case to be made that Armageddon is the best rules set GW has ever produced (the one wiggle of "having more activations than your opponent is almost always purely advantageous" aside). I have 8 or 9 full Epic armies, but my favorite is probably my Necrons, of which this is a 3000-point selection:

This was way back before 3D printing was a thing, and the only way to get 6mm Necron vehicles was sending a PM to a certain guy on a certain forum and asking really nicely, and them paying him a *lot* of money, so I said gently caress it and built my monoliths and obelisks from plasticard - I'm lazy and bad at scratchbuilding, so this was about the extent of what I was willing / able to do, but I'm still vaguely pleased with how they turned out. The D8 annihilation orb / Ramiel from Evangelion, simple as it is, is a favorite bit.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Giant Ethicist posted:

E:A is such a good rules set. I have fallen in love with the new Titanicus, but I agree with folks upthread that there's a strong case to be made that Armageddon is the best rules set GW has ever produced (the one wiggle of "having more activations than your opponent is almost always purely advantageous" aside). I have 8 or 9 full Epic armies, but my favorite is probably my Necrons, of which this is a 3000-point selection:

This was way back before 3D printing was a thing, and the only way to get 6mm Necron vehicles was sending a PM to a certain guy on a certain forum and asking really nicely, and them paying him a *lot* of money, so I said gently caress it and built my monoliths and obelisks from plasticard - I'm lazy and bad at scratchbuilding, so this was about the extent of what I was willing / able to do, but I'm still vaguely pleased with how they turned out. The D8 annihilation orb / Ramiel from Evangelion, simple as it is, is a favorite bit.

I really like those, also wow 3000 of necrons doesn't look like a ton of minis. Of course my main army is guard, and I roll with 3 infantry companies in one of my main lists.

Also FYI monoliths are still a lot of money, I just grabbed a handful of the trolls ones.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Virtual Russian posted:

I really like those, also wow 3000 of necrons doesn't look like a ton of minis. Of course my main army is guard, and I roll with 3 infantry companies in one of my main lists.

Also FYI monoliths are still a lot of money, I just grabbed a handful of the trolls ones.

Aeonic orbs and monoliths are a lot of points! But I took the picture a while ago - the EpicUK list has updated since then. Looking at a 3000-point list I drew up a year or two ago, I end up taking 3 fewer monoliths and adding a formation of destroyers and a third block of infantry, and all 3 infantry formations drop to only 1 tomb spyder each. Still not a whole lot of dudes, but better.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Giant Ethicist posted:

Aeonic orbs and monoliths are a lot of points! But I took the picture a while ago - the EpicUK list has updated since then. Looking at a 3000-point list I drew up a year or two ago, I end up taking 3 fewer monoliths and adding a formation of destroyers and a third block of infantry, and all 3 infantry formations drop to only 1 tomb spyder each. Still not a whole lot of dudes, but better.

I guess it also helps when your guys rebuild themselves, guard certainly don't do that.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've got an absolutely ridiculous amount of epic eldar, along with a smattering of other stuff.

One of the things I love about the game is that you need objective markers and can make them as "important piece of terrain" scratchbuilt stuff as long as they have the right base size. It makes it feel good when you're having a battle and the things you're trying to capture look like "things an army would want to try and capture." A buddy of mine has one that's a half-built Titan, and of course as Eldar I get to swap a gate out for one of the objective markers so I get to have a cool looking wraith gate.

I also really like how the aero rules work. Your fast aircraft swoop onto the field, shoot poo poo, and fly off, all during the same turn; opponents get to shoot AA at them or attempt to intercept them with interceptors, but (unless you want them to) aero don't derp around a battlefield hovering over poo poo all the time, they feel like what they should feel like, off-map assets that come in to execute quick strikes or perform combat air patrol and have a fast dogfight.

I will caution though that the official rulebook is poorly laid out. It's a great set of rules but if you sit down with the rulebook and try to just read it and figure out how everything works, you'll find yourself asking lots of questions in play later that you maybe can't easily find because the rule you want isn't necessarily where you expected it. One example is the interactions/rules for big weapons - invulnerable save, reinforced armour, thick rear armour, macro weapons, titan killer weapons, and (for my eldar) lance and pulse weapons, each have interactions that take some learning to work out, and you'll find some in the rules for war engines and some elsewhere.

I wound up making myself a cheat sheet for some stuff like that. Here's an excerpt (all rules written in my own paraphrasing):

Invulnerable Save: You get an additional 6+ save with no modifiers, after the first save. You get a 6+ save even against effects that ignore all armour, including MW and TK hits.

Reinforced Armour: You get your armour save even aganst MW attacks. Against normal attacks, you get to reroll your armour (or cover) save, including in an assault. If you are rerolling a cover save (taken instaead of an armour save), your reroll is against your armour save value.

Thick Rear Armour: ignore -1 save modifier when caught in a crossfire

Macro-Weapons: Only units with reinforced armour and/or invulnerable saves get a saving throw. Cover saves are also negated, although the -1 to hit for cover does apply. They can affect any type of target (AA/AT/AP). Allocate hits from normal weapons to a formation first, then MW.

Titan Killer: Units hit by TKs cannot take cover or armour save, even if they have reinforced armour. Some TKs can do multiple "wounds" on a hit: these apply to WEs with DCs higher than 1. Otherwise treat as a MW.

Lance (Eldar): units hit by Lance weapons don't get their Reinforced Armour reroll.

Pulse (Eldar): Roll for two hits. In the Compendium, this is shown already as 2x <attack>

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

This is a general warhammer question but seeing your Great Unclean One I have to ask, how big are they supposed to be? I've seen art that basically put them at Kaiju-level, there's an early AoS artpiece which showed that a massive, visible from space river was comprised of goop leaking from a GUO's guts, but that thing looks normal sized.

Demons aren't bound by pesky poo poo like physics, in art they can be as big as they want, the fluff limitations being how strong the demon is (to manifest something so big) and how thin the barrier between reality and full on event horizon time. every 40k chaos book has someone is trying to undermine reality through ritual sacrifice, strong emotions en masse or an ancient device to get their demon on. Couldn't say for AoS though.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Is there any rhyme or reason to basing epic on rectangles vs squares vs circles? Or is it just aesthetic preference?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

No. 1 Juicy Boi posted:

Is there any rhyme or reason to basing epic on rectangles vs squares vs circles? Or is it just aesthetic preference?

They switched bases at one point between editiond. The release I got had rectangular bases for infantry.

Iirc base size and shape matters little in epic.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jul 7, 2021

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

No. 1 Juicy Boi posted:

Old infantry base was squares in a 5 pip on a d6 formation. 3rd ed and EA use the rectangle bases. Effectively no real difference according to GW. One is wider the other thicker so balances out. Old style circle bases were roughly same size and more common than flipping over square bases to mount most things on that weren't Titan class. I have plenty of both so job done. Since its 285th scale you can probably get away with lots of Microarmor bases or models too. Need Knights or Scout Titans? Battletech exists and similar like CAV or the old Earthsiege game can cover in a pinch. The upcoming Car Wars minis should probably make for great Ork proxies.

As to rules? I've never played EA and im happy enough with Titan Legions and its fan remake NetEpic.
https://netepic.org/
(Warning the Gold rulebook is a destroyer of computing devices. Its a monster of a produced PDF and will crush machines.)

https://www.net-armageddon.org/
I haven't messed with this but EA has a fan continuation project too.

(Playing irl probably not likely given how we are all spread out but if there is a VASSAL or Tabletop Simulator module I might be interested. I wouldn't doubt maybe some of the Slam Sector folks or possibly even some of the Snipe and Wib discorders might be up for it too.)

See in my area its mostly weekend warriors who want tourney type play of the big 3 (MTG, 40K, DND5) and a few others that again want games around noon Saturday and Sundays. For me that time is effectively like if I asked if people who work "normal" hours wanted to game at around 4am on a Wednesday morning. Completely impossible. I had one store owner act like I was a complete bastard fool for daring to even lament about it. (He apologized but I've not gone back there since.)

For me, 5pm start till around 7-9pm mon-thurs but not every week due to variable days on is when I can game. And it sure as hell isn't organized play at tourney format I want. I like smaller casual friendly games. Ideally in a variety of things.

This bit in a Neckbeardia video is so relatable its not even funny. At different years one could just change what DnD edition and its effectively the same. Its just a bit crazier now because the whole Streaming Live Play thing is making people nutter by all evidence and accounts. (It mostly works for minis games too. Just put 40k in. And almost zero edition warring. Dunno how they manage it but new edition instantly takes over. Lots of folks left at the 2-3 switch but otherwise it's really been general community turnover from what I've seen. Anyone doesn't like it? Sell stuff and stop mostly.)

I'm totally jealous at some of yalls super rad looking Epic forces though. Some kicking stuff I see.

And pretty ok with UNCLE AT NINTENDO info most likely being that even if the info countering it was kind of gotten in a bad ish way. (Let's not bug people who work or worked at places. I mean if they don't mind saying a few things that's cool but don't bother or hassle them you know? Would you want people outside of your job constantly bugging you about it? I know I don't.) Like the old Warlord models would pretty much be Scout sized titans in AT it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

I've got an absolutely ridiculous amount of epic eldar, along with a smattering of other stuff.

One of the things I love about the game is that you need objective markers and can make them as "important piece of terrain" scratchbuilt stuff as long as they have the right base size. It makes it feel good when you're having a battle and the things you're trying to capture look like "things an army would want to try and capture." A buddy of mine has one that's a half-built Titan, and of course as Eldar I get to swap a gate out for one of the objective markers so I get to have a cool looking wraith gate.

I also really like how the aero rules work. Your fast aircraft swoop onto the field, shoot poo poo, and fly off, all during the same turn; opponents get to shoot AA at them or attempt to intercept them with interceptors, but (unless you want them to) aero don't derp around a battlefield hovering over poo poo all the time, they feel like what they should feel like, off-map assets that come in to execute quick strikes or perform combat air patrol and have a fast dogfight.

I will caution though that the official rulebook is poorly laid out. It's a great set of rules but if you sit down with the rulebook and try to just read it and figure out how everything works, you'll find yourself asking lots of questions in play later that you maybe can't easily find because the rule you want isn't necessarily where you expected it. One example is the interactions/rules for big weapons - invulnerable save, reinforced armour, thick rear armour, macro weapons, titan killer weapons, and (for my eldar) lance and pulse weapons, each have interactions that take some learning to work out, and you'll find some in the rules for war engines and some elsewhere.

I wound up making myself a cheat sheet for some stuff like that. Here's an excerpt (all rules written in my own paraphrasing):

Invulnerable Save: You get an additional 6+ save with no modifiers, after the first save. You get a 6+ save even against effects that ignore all armour, including MW and TK hits.

Reinforced Armour: You get your armour save even aganst MW attacks. Against normal attacks, you get to reroll your armour (or cover) save, including in an assault. If you are rerolling a cover save (taken instaead of an armour save), your reroll is against your armour save value.

Thick Rear Armour: ignore -1 save modifier when caught in a crossfire

Macro-Weapons: Only units with reinforced armour and/or invulnerable saves get a saving throw. Cover saves are also negated, although the -1 to hit for cover does apply. They can affect any type of target (AA/AT/AP). Allocate hits from normal weapons to a formation first, then MW.

Titan Killer: Units hit by TKs cannot take cover or armour save, even if they have reinforced armour. Some TKs can do multiple "wounds" on a hit: these apply to WEs with DCs higher than 1. Otherwise treat as a MW.

Lance (Eldar): units hit by Lance weapons don't get their Reinforced Armour reroll.

Pulse (Eldar): Roll for two hits. In the Compendium, this is shown already as 2x <attack>

Yeah, the pyramid in the back of the picture of my necrons is a tomb complex objective I can use to bring units onto the table. There's lots of little things like that, it's quite cool.

Hard agree on making cheat sheets too. Partly because 90% of the time I play it's going to be an "I supply both armies and walk my opponent through a game" type deal, I always make up an excel sheet with unit stats, army rules and any special rules on the units in the list. At least I started for that reason, before finding that it just made everything super easy in play. That plus a basic "flow of the turn" cheat sheet with things like the barrage points and assault results tables, and I don't think I've actually had to open the book in years.

It looks cramped, but the army list and special rules fit on one very readable A4 page.