Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

So these new sisters don't gently caress around.

I'm not sure what spawned that spectralyst, maybe the dog did, but as far as I could tell it could use all my abilities and weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Why are there *squints* 35 thralls? Also lol if their solution to frame powers is to summon a frame clone.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Mailer posted:

Why are there *squints* 35 thralls? Also lol if their solution to frame powers is to summon a frame clone.

Whatever can make copies of things can apparently make copies of itself, and my guess is the copies can make copies, the good news is that it didn't go over 35 for the 5 minutes we stared at it so at least it looks like there's a cap on how much bullshit they can spawn.

E: not like it mattered, that single lavos clone made it an unwinnable fight for us.

EE: I should also mention, those aren't 35 thralls, that's 35 sisters.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
First lich, worst lich. Worst case scenario on the requiems. One guys lich spawn in the little ditch where the tram passes through on corpus ships. Then my dumb rear end lich spawns there too.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Oh my god they actually found a way to force me to make and then use a loving railjack.
Not only did I just blow 8 hours making this goddamn thing, but now I also have to level the intrinsics to 5 (whatever that means) and I guess find a crew to even land on saturn proxima?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

intrinsics are like skill trees but for railjack. you'll eventually max them out

level 5 intrinsics is real quick tho

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Oh my god they actually found a way to force me to make and then use a loving railjack.
Not only did I just blow 8 hours making this goddamn thing, but now I also have to level the intrinsics to 5 (whatever that means) and I guess find a crew to even land on saturn proxima?
hi, i know people love nothing more than freaking out about new systems or railjack (which is almost 2 years old) but i've killed/converted 4 sisters and haven't had to (or even gotten to) use my maxed out railjack once. It's a breeze when grouping or pubbing, the railjack part is like 2 minutes at most and every railjack node has always been taxiable. Also a single run of the node will probably give you enough to rank something up to 5.

if you're a terminal lonewolf player for this stuff i guess you just gotta git gud for this update, that stuff can be trickier and more involved

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jul 7, 2021

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

RoadCrewWorker posted:

've killed/converted 4 sisters

Came across a few players last night with Tenet weapons too. Did you guys just no-life the poo poo of of the game or is the new Lich system that fast?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

FishMcCool posted:

Came across a few players last night with Tenet weapons too. Did you guys just no-life the poo poo of of the game or is the new Lich system that fast?

I think you can average a Lich every 12 missions now: 1 for setup, 8 missions for murmurs, 1 for the kill, 2 for variance

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

FishMcCool posted:

Played a couple hours yesterday when the update came out (also did the k-drive quest first because i love k-drives), and a few more this morning after the first hotfix. Pubbing everything and mostly sticking to faster missions like captures, exterms and rescues (fallback sabo or spies) makes it very comfortable, but of course there's always spawn/requiem match luck involved. It helps that i've got a decent stash of wordmods, if you start from 0 and have to start borrowing (or worse, farming) those it'll be a bit slower.

The "convert" ingame mail is a pretty nice touch :allears:

Also grendel is the best magical girl

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jul 7, 2021

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Is toxin/heat still king?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Cool, guess it's fairly reasonable then, which is a good thing considering the number of weapons and RNG involved in which one shows up.

From a silly point-of-view, could you stuff 3 copies of Oull in the parazon to one-shot the next 3 Sisters? Or is it only one copy per parason/requiem?

RoadCrewWorker posted:

The "convert" ingame mail is a pretty nice touch :allears:

Haha. Pity it doesn't come with 12 pages of small print T&C and requires you to click "I agree". That could have paved the way for a hilarious patch some time in the future involving one of the clauses.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

You may or may not only be allowed to have one oull at a time.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

This might be enough of an update to get me to finally try both railjack and liches.

And once again I have no idea if my weapons are modded optionally. "Optimal" changes constantly in this game!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

overall it feels like it takes less time to clear a lich/sister than it used to, which is nice

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Well tenno, it looks like we are living a post serration meta.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
oh? how come? and what's the new meta? more status and crit stacking?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

have you used the galvanized mods yet?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
nope. where do I even get them from?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Arby vender

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I used the new Reqiuem Ultimatum to try and speed up clearing out my old lich to make way for a new Sister.
I knew all three murmurs and the correct order for them.
On the third stab, instead of the normal requiem-finisher animation where it shows you whether you used the correct requiem mods and then you choose to kill/capture or whatever, my warframe just did the normal parazon finisher for thralls etc, the lich instantly winked out of existence with no animation, and I got a message on screen saying something like "the lich flees to Saturn".

When I finished the level and looked at the map screen, all the lich's influenced nodes had disappeared.

e: wait, now that I'm reading the thread... do kuva liches do the Sister thing where they disappear to railjack too?
I guess it must've said saturn proxima.
It's super confusing that there's 0 indicator on any of the ingame lich screens that this has happened though.

I just had my first sister disappear despite tagging her with all three correct requiems. Like you, I did not get the prompt to convert or kill. After the mission she is no longer visible on the star map, but still present and raging in her own info window. Restarting the game had no effect. Was this poo poo even tested?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Quill posted:

I just had my first sister disappear despite tagging her with all three correct requiems. Like you, I did not get the prompt to convert or kill. After the mission she is no longer visible on the star map, but still present and raging in her own info window. Restarting the game had no effect. Was this poo poo even tested?

She's in space bruh. Check the proximas.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they could probably stand to make it a bit more obvious on the tab for the lich/sister itself but when you solve the words for them in a mission it literally says they flee to 'x proxima' right in the middle of the screen

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

they could probably stand to make it a bit more obvious on the tab for the lich/sister itself but when you solve the words for them in a mission it literally says they flee to 'x proxima' right in the middle of the screen

There's also a symbol on the RJ banner.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Welp, guess I'm off to find the terrible secret of space. I didn't get any notification about proxima, though, so that's a bit odd. Is that supposed to show up during mission?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, only takes about 2 hours to complete a lich, less if you get lucky. I ended up converting mine and trying her as my on-call. Even at level 75 (I shanked her at rank 4) she was still tearing poo poo up on Steel Path.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

You only need intrinsics 5 to click on the node yourself. You can also party with a goon who's heading there and let them taxi you. Harder for liches than other nodes though since the taxi driver needs to actually have a murderable lich to see the node.

e: This is also a way better way to earn intrinsics and top-tier railjack loot: Just party with someone whose rj is already leveled up enough to do void proxima instead of slowly grinding your way there solo.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 7, 2021

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

hosed up opinion but i think this update is pretty good

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

cuntman.net posted:

I'm already a loving lunatic that loves Railjack piloting, so I'm down for the whole thing. The ship invasion and chain-murder mission full of poo poo-talking is just chaos and really fun. The Corpus Liches are super aggro, show up a lot for stabbing, and have fun personalities.

I guess Detron liches are the equivalent of nukor ones, just absolutely horrific to fight with all the rad procs. And now she's a telporting, shotgunning, pocket Volt. :getin:

Oh yeah, and I finally broke 3000 hours in this terrible game. :toot:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 7, 2021

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

They're fairly aggro alright. I even failed a mission for the first time in years yesterday but that was largely because I was playing Ember and my only defense was her 2, my 300 shields and 300 health couldn't step to a heat arca plasmor and like two or three robodogs that each split in to multiple smaller dogs with corpus lich level normal enemy spawns.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

cuntman.net posted:

There's a lot of content. But who logins and think "I want more liches!"?
DE should have changed more about the system for differentiation sake.

Logic Probed
Feb 26, 2011

Having a normal one since 2016

So one thing I've noticed since this update that isn't really talked about are the mechanized hounds from the Sisters.

Am I correct in assuming that you get to keep them after killing a Sister? If so, are they moddable and customizable like other pets? What's the deal with them, really?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

cuntman.net posted:

its good af

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Logic Probed posted:

So one thing I've noticed since this update that isn't really talked about are the mechanized hounds from the Sisters.

Am I correct in assuming that you get to keep them after killing a Sister? If so, are they moddable and customizable like other pets? What's the deal with them, really?

They are function like moas with melee weapons.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nice to see that cremates shoot turrets now. I looooooove Railjack and kinda hate playing with others.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Inzombiac posted:

Nice to see that cremates shoot turrets now. I looooooove Railjack and kinda hate playing with others.

Crewmates are pretty handy. I do mine as Gunner/Engineer/Defender(On-Call) because I usually run with 1-2 friends. Works quite well. I also just got a new Elite crewmate with +50% damage for Zekti turrets, so that's exciting.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Echophonic posted:

I guess Detron liches are the equivalent of nukor ones, just absolutely horrific to fight with all the rad procs. And now she's a telporting, shotgunning, pocket Volt. :getin:

The one time you might want to consider the cheap anti-rad arcane.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

TheParadigm posted:

The one time you might want to consider the cheap anti-rad arcane.

My problem was more my friend running Xaku getting rad procced.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Play safeguard nezha and make all your friends permanently status immune (until they take enough damage to break the hula hoop)
that's what I do every rad sortie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

RoadCrewWorker posted:

hi, i know people love nothing more than freaking out about new systems or railjack (which is almost 2 years old) but i've killed/converted 4 sisters and haven't had to (or even gotten to) use my maxed out railjack once. It's a breeze when grouping or pubbing, the railjack part is like 2 minutes at most and every railjack node has always been taxiable. Also a single run of the node will probably give you enough to rank something up to 5.

if you're a terminal lonewolf player for this stuff i guess you just gotta git gud for this update, that stuff can be trickier and more involved

My problem is less playing the railjack stuff since that's turned out to be "archwing, but more and bigger", but more the having to build it and being made to wait an hour for each piece so I can go and kill my kuva lich, so that I can go and start loving around with the sisters