Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I dont think Coyote WAS in the afterlife? Merging isnt the same as killing, he was still there inside loupe and not anywhere else (otherwise the annies would be in the afterlife now???)

It was just the same situation as the story where he got to spend time being something that wasnt him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

That dude from the court is going to throw a Pokeball and catch Coyote.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

I dont think Coyote WAS in the afterlife? Merging isnt the same as killing, he was still there inside loupe and not anywhere else (otherwise the annies would be in the afterlife now???)

It was just the same situation as the story where he got to spend time being something that wasnt him

In theory Coyote is also still in the Americas.

Because he is Coyote.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

GlyphGryph posted:

I think whatever dimensional shenanigans happened are different than getting eaten! And Coyote did say that he wanted to know what it was like to die.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Well, if it isn't the ol' "Court trying to become god" I'm seeing here!!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Saving the pop for Wednesday I guess.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
That was a good throw. The lady has a good arm.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Uh oh

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
any plan that starts with poking a god in the eye with a knobkerrie rather than flipping a switch had better have a hell of a payoff

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

runwiled posted:

Shadow Men did something to the lake water and are going to gently caress up / control Loup for whatever reason. Our protagonists will be shocked and once again be reacting to poo poo happening to them instead of exhibiting any agency.

I guess Coyote is shocked too :V

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
he's not caught yet, watch out for that catch rate

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

YaketySass posted:

he's not caught yet, watch out for that catch rate

This seems like the kind of target you use a Master Ball on.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

runwiled posted:

This seems like the kind of target you use a Master Ball on.

But what if Loup becomes catchable later on? :ohdear:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Hempuli posted:

Well, if it isn't the ol' "Court trying to become god" I'm seeing here!!

They thought they could hold Coyote's spirit in the Court, but then he remembered he is the Court!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ronya posted:

any plan that starts with poking a god in the eye with a knobkerrie rather than flipping a switch had better have a hell of a payoff

it’s a literal relay race, they’re transmitting his mojo from one Shadow Man to the other all the way to that machine outside the woods

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Man I hope we see Ysengrin again, I hope Annie doesn't let the court put him down. :ohdear:

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

These court guys are up to no good, in my opinion!

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Call-back?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
activate the S.U.C.C. protocol

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Well I assume it's intended to be the same technology.

Have we seen court ether-manipulation-tech working anywhere else?

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 5, 2021

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Looking forward to 50 pages in the future when the Court opens up their branded Godéball and find it empty.

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1068

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

"Alright, new plan. We're gonna head out there and then we're all gonna stand in line in our snappy suits with our little lightning rods, and Debbie out in front is just gonna YEET hers at Coyote when he pops out."

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Leave a trail of suited weirdos in order to find your way back out of the forest.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Good move, they're slightly less likely to be eaten than bread crumbs.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I was right! Pokeball go!

Hope they saved before this.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

If they're doing it in reverse then the Court is in for some flooding.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That dude from the court is going to throw a Pokeball and catch Coyote.

The Omega Device is either a master-ball, or they're going to clone Coyote and we'll get Coyotetwo.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

And Tyler Too! posted:

The Omega Device is either a master-ball, or they're going to clone Coyote and we'll get Coyotetwo.

courtyote

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
All according to Coyote's keikaku I see.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
It's okay guys, the Court's just making Coyote fireworks.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Gonna tell my kids this is wi fi

Any guesses as to what was in the Coyote juice? My guess is the memory / knowledge that he doesn’t exist, and therefore can’t die.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'm going to guess the lake water contains the memory of giving out the tooth - Coyote made it very clear that Annie was to keep that secret from Ysengrin (to the point of threatening her over it, the only time he's ever done that) and Loup doesn't seem to be aware it's a gift Coyote gave out.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I wonder if Kat (and maybe Tony) had anything to do with this machine. If this was one of the things they were working on, and if this is why Paz was mad.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I missed Coyote being amused when things would happen to him :allears:

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

Macaluso posted:

I missed Coyote being amused when things would happen to him :allears:

Same haha.

I was wondering if this was gonna work. Coyote seems to have been aware of the Court's poo poo since we first saw him in the forest.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Does coyote exist outside time? Presumably that would mean he knew everything that was ever going to happen.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I think he just reasoned that:
Ysengrin would take a shot if he got Coyote's strength and get everything else.
Ysengrin would fail to control that power.
Ysengrin or whatever he and Coyote becomes would still try to use it to attack the court
Whoever-it-is would be convinced the problem is still a lack of power and seek out the memories.
The Court have an excuse to take a shot in that chaos that ensues.
That shot would an attempt to siphon his power in what appears to be a compromised state.
Annie would make them leave whatever they were using to do that outside the forest.

I don't see how Coyote would correctly work out the bone would be retrieved first so I'm just going to guess the bone and the water were memories of each other and he's forgotten the tooth completely.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
depending on how faux science you want to get, there are cryptographic ciphers where you just have garbage data until you have both keys. So the order isn't important but you do need both

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

dragon enthusiast posted:

depending on how faux science you want to get, there are cryptographic ciphers where you just have garbage data until you have both keys. So the order isn't important but you do need both
That's probably how Kat would see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This is all part of Coyote's plan to actually die for real. He didn't die when Ysengrin ate him, he needs the court for that.