Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/sammyguevara/status/1412796365457985543

fifteen minutes, unless the work will continue and the vlog gets delayed another day as to not spoil a signed Fuego running in during the south beach strap match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Charlotte is unrecognisable

:laffo:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srTNIKCRSIY

goodbye, fuego

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Charlotte is unrecognisable

It's a city in NNNNOOOOOOOOORTH CAROLINA

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I finally got time to watch last week's Dynamite.

It was a very good Dynamite and had several matches that were way too good for free TV. I think this was the first 1-on-1 match I've ever seen MJF wrestle and god drat he can go, in addition to being an amazing promo. And dude's in his mid 20s. Christ.

Jericho was also insanely good on comms and I hope he transitions to a P2P guy once he starts to wind down his active in-ring career.

And lol that Vince completely squandered Miro.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

:smith:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I like Alan's dumb kraken chest tattoo.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cody you son of a bitch.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

MJeff posted:

It's a city in NNNNOOOOOOOOORTH CAROLINA

seriously there are so many videos he could watch to learn how to do that NORRRRRRTH CAROLINA

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

"We're the main characters, not those stupid... Fucks."

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Last episode of Pandemic Dark, last episode of Pandemic Vlog, feels like the end of a weird, yet somehow surprisingly enjoyable era. Pretty sweet Lockdown Tour Crew shirts they got.

drat, that fake-out with Cody at the end of the episode. The hope is still alive.

On a non-Fuego not, was that overhead shot of Sammy's dive onto MJF actually shown on Dynamite? I feel like I have seen all the other angles, but not that one. Sure made his landing on the concrete look even worse.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

On the one hand, I love a good cliffhanger but on the other hand fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I feel like Fuego (and the others) could and should still be on the vlog. The Elite would send in remote segments in the era before AEW when they were all scattered all over the world.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Cody is somehow managing to remain a tweener/heel even in his (possibly) most babyface moment, what a twist!

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

goodbye, fuego

gently caress this company for making me feel feelings.

I'm gonna miss Fuego and Ryzin. The Nyla/Vicki/Ryzin stuff was entertaining and low key one of the better bits.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I think this was the first 1-on-1 match I've ever seen MJF wrestle and god drat he can go, in addition to being an amazing promo. And dude's in his mid 20s. Christ.

Check out his match against Jungle Boy at Double or Nothing 2020. Absolute banger. Hell, just watch Double or Nothing 2020 in full.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Defenestrategy posted:

I'm gonna miss Fuego and Ryzin. The Nyla/Vicki/Ryzin stuff was entertaining and low key one of the better bits.

Poor audio production was the demise of far too many great segments

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Vince MechMahon posted:

I feel like Fuego (and the others) could and should still be on the vlog. The Elite would send in remote segments in the era before AEW when they were all scattered all over the world.

the blog and the show

fuego is over

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

the blog and the show

fuego is over

Oh yeah I'm still hoping the twist is everyone in the friendlympics gets a surprise deal.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

It feels like a favorite TV show was suddenly cancelled.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Defenestrategy posted:

I didn't care for that segment, but I loved Ryzin. What a perfectly good jobber.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

So with the move to new formats, could I propose that we make a GDT thread for the youtube shows weekly? If we can have Raw threads with 32 posts, we could probably do that.

That said, I'm also not going to be the person making the threads so I'm just here asking questions, man...

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jonny Nox posted:

So with the move to new formats, could I propose that we make a GDT thread for the youtube shows weekly? If we can have Raw threads with 32 posts, we could probably do that.

That said, I'm also not going to be the person making the threads so I'm just here asking questions, man...

I think we should wait and see what the format is going to be for them going forward. If they're each just 45 minutes long like pre-pandemic I don't think we need them, even though they'd absolutely get more posts than the raw and SmackDown threads.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny Nox posted:

So with the move to new formats, could I propose that we make a GDT thread for the youtube shows weekly?

yeah. i never watch them live and they always get spoiled in the general thread before i watch them

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

new formats?

graph posted:

yeah. i never watch them live and they always get spoiled in the general thread before i watch them

you could do what I do and just not read the thread until after you watch

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/DiamanteLAX/status/1412802486851837959?s=20

If they are not taking Diamante as part of the permanent roster then I don't know what the gently caress they're thinking and have some real questions about the women's division.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

rantmo posted:

If they are not taking Diamante as part of the permanent roster then I don't know what the gently caress they're thinking and have some real questions about the women's division.

Ugh , what a bummer I really liked her last few matches once they cut Ivelisse loose. Real missed opportunity to give Nyla a competent stooge.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Gosh it's almost like they don't really care that much about the division aside from the 2 people who get screen time.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think Diamante had solidly okay matches but nothing like, amazing.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

I think Diamante had solidly okay matches but nothing like, amazing.

Which makes her a prime candidate to kind of be a mid-level gatekeeper.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

new formats?

Wasn't sure how to phrase it.

Dark's been give indie guys jobs for 14 months.
Elevation is fixing to be what Dark used to be and Dark is becoming something else.

Drakkel posted:

Gosh it's almost like they don't really care that much about the division aside from the 2 people who get screen time.

Hey Drakkel, how's it going today?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Drakkel posted:

Don't start this poo poo

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

rantmo posted:

They might think they don't need her, considering the joshi's can start to regularly come in and out of the states [emi/yuka/riho] it's not like the show is hurting for women even with Anna Jay out on injury. I mean Leva hasn't been seen outside of BTE in a long time, Mel was probably sitting out for covid, they're not doing anything with Jade beyond hawking coupons, Penelope and Bunny are only now getting more ring time. Abadon has been murdering people on Dark. Thunder Rosa and Serena may as well be AEW now.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Which makes her a prime candidate to kind of be a mid-level gatekeeper.

I might try to find someone a bit better than that but if they can't then yeah, sign her.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I hate to be down on Diamante, but for TV purposes a mid-level gatekeeper should be at the level of Natalya.

Diamante is not at the level of Natalya.

Edit: Deeb is the mid-level gatekeeper

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Diamante isn't going to be the thing that breaks me, but the women's division definitely needs a big push if the YouTube content is getting cut because the better ratio off-TV is one of the few things keeping the division not feeling token.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Kunabomber posted:

I hate to be down on Diamante, but for TV purposes a mid-level gatekeeper should be at the level of Natalya.

Diamante is not at the level of Natalya.

Edit: Deeb is the mid-level gatekeeper

Because she's far, far better than Natalya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Also, yeah, they seem to like Penelope and Bunny and Deeb being gatekeepers.