Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Brawnfire posted:

Dude loves smoking trees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

TheFattestPat posted:

There's absolutely zero reason for Jeff to be an amazing lumberjack. They really should have used someone else.

Jeff's competence is a lot like Klaus's social life, much in the same there are frequent jokes about Klaus being a loser despite him having a wide circle of friends outside of the family (especially in Florida, that dude has tons of boys in Tampa) it's regularly joked about that Jeff is useless even though he's shown to have a wide array of talents (Glassblowing, sailing, able to build and perfectly play a musical instrument he saw in a hallucinogenic dream).

Jeff grew up on a farm, it's not unreasonable to assume he would be good at woodsy outdoors stuff like lumber jacking.

Note: Keep in mind I have NOT seen the lumberjacking episode yet (only the Cemetery one) I'm just making assumptions.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Sailing and glass blowing is fine, but there's no way some stoned guy who lays around all day for years in going to be able to do lumberjack work.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

TheFattestPat posted:

Sailing and glass blowing is fine, but there's no way some stoned guy who lays around all day for years in going to be able to do lumberjack work.

You did it. You found the one unrealistic thing about American Dad.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

TheFattestPat posted:

Jeff got super buff working as a stripper, he still had some of that muscle mass left over to do lumberjack stuff.

pole dancing and chopping trees are kind of the same thing when you think about it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The embrace of the red spaghetti made Jeff buff.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

TheFattestPat posted:

Sailing/boating requires a lot of physical strength. If he can do that he can lumberjack

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Jeff is buff through sheer willpower the same way as the dean at the CIA academy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-JQFC7RMT4&t=39s

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
You people are nuts, I still say they should have used someone other than Jeff.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TheFattestPat posted:

You people are nuts, I still say they should have used someone other than Jeff.

Have Jeff and Klaus swap places in the episode. Checks out.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

An episode where Jeff and Klaus trade places as a prank and snicker as "nobody notices" because nobody gives a poo poo about either of them enough to differentiate

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I finally got to see the episode!

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

What is the song that plays when Jeff’s saves their life through jacking at the end

The Logging Song by Bill Staines: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBgut4FPu0c

It's a banger.

TheFattestPat posted:

Here they are. The last one is a little awkward with the credits blocking it.

"gently caress you Mr. S"

Well said Jeff.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

TheFattestPat posted:

Didn't he also build a flying car when he eloped with Hayley?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Eddain posted:

Totally makes up for his small penis.

I feel like Jeff has been ripped in half at least twice and survived. Guess that's a skill of his too.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
This Jeff also has Roger as his "Mom".

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Did you see the size of that rip he took?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Brawnfire posted:

Did you see the size of that rip he took?

Yes I did, it was most excellent.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Eddain posted:

He didn't build it (presumably), it's the flying car from the old Dick van Dyke movie / stage musical, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuer3mLqIxc

Although in the movie the dad DID build it, so maybe...?

(I could swear there's a scene in the movie with the exact song segment from American Dad as well but damned if I can find it)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Good god.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is 2 and a half hours long

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's funny knowing that Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was written by Ian Fleming the Creator of James Bond.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's funny knowing that Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was written by Ian Fleming the Creator of James Bond.

Wait, whaaat…? :psyboom:

And Roald Dahl wrote the screenplay!?!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kwatz posted:

Wait, whaaat…? :psyboom:

And Roald Dahl wrote the screenplay!?!

Yup because he and Ian Fleming were friends

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
It was even named after the pet name they both had for the Parisian hooker they were both seeing.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

drrockso20 posted:

Yup because he and Ian Fleming were friends

Weird. From what I've heard about him, Roald Dahl wasn't really the type of person to have friends.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Gromit posted:

It was even named after the pet name they both had for the Parisian hooker they were both seeing.

No, that’s not true.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Clearly Jeff's lumberjack strength is just residual power from consuming açaí

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Are you suggesting someone would come on here and post lies? Just make stuff up? I doubt the veracity of this so-called "wikipedia".

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I've never realized just how funny Stan's pantomiming the family during the scatman montage in family daze is

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Stan & Francine & Stan & Francine & Radika
Season 18, Episode 13
Stan and Francine go back in time to settle an argument.

https://twitter.com/americandadtbs/status/1413890760496226315

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Rogu's not quite his baby, but your son-in-law will become his baby! After he gets killed by aliens. Life has so much in store for us!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

Stan & Francine & Stan & Francine & Radika
Season 18, Episode 13
Stan and Francine go back in time to settle an argument.

https://twitter.com/americandadtbs/status/1413890760496226315

Oh hey a Reginald shout out!

Would not mind him coming back, but keep him away from Hayley. He's a hilarious joke character, he doesn't need a romantic subplot.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Nep-Nep posted:

Clearly Jeff's lumberjack strength is just residual power from consuming açaí

It's a super food!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Would not mind him coming back, but keep him away from Hayley. He's a hilarious joke character, he doesn't need a romantic subplot.

He went to poo poo as soon as they stopped paying Tone Loc to voice him.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Reginald was the most annoying character American Dad has ever had, except for his first appearance. And I'm including Billy!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I dON'T HAaaVE X-RAaY ViiI-SION

Yes you DO, Billy!!!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Personally I like Dr Calgary and BILLY

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Reginald was the most annoying character American Dad has ever had, except for his first appearance. And I'm including Billy!

Yeah. Reginald was almost enough to ruin the show for me, his later episodes with Hayley are like, auto-skips. :/

Doesn't help that I think koalas are just awful awful

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

He's dead chief. The episode fathers daze has him stuffed

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He could have been mind switched away from being a koala.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

muscles like this! posted:

He could have been mind switched away from being a koala.

I'm replaying some reginald moments in my head but he's a human instead of a koala and it's... much better.

Now I'm replaying the scene where Danuta sees Klaus for the first time but it's live action and it's really really funny