Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MassRafTer posted:

Not sure if this is the trainwreck factor wrestling segments get every once in awhile or news the fans love how AEW Is booking the women's division and they should continue. Probably the latter.

Can you stop?

Vickie is clearly a draw, brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

RealFoxy posted:

Don't start this poo poo

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

jesus WEP posted:

sign fuego you fucks

Friendlympics finale better be live on Dynamite, it's the most important story in the company right now

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Shame that we didn't see a chop contest between Penta and JD Drake.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
For everyone who thinks the women's division has been improving: Vickie Guerrero hasn't been on Dynamite in 6 days. Let that sink in.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

abadon, who has been wrestling for 10 years

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Leaving Daily's will be the biggest mistake this company makes

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
lmao.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Cavauro posted:

it would be funny if these issues that everyone has with wrestlers not showing up were just the wrestlers getting lots of time off thing that has always been a popular idea, but it turned out everybody really hates the idea in practice. it would be funny if that's what it was. that's all i'm saying. i'm not saying th

I mean, in the Shida example it's not that she's literally taking a vacation she's just not on the tv show that people watch. It's not really time off if you're still wrestling but only on the "C Show, Soon to be D Show that a fraction of the audience ever sees"

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

coconono posted:

I hope the new touring arrangement makes Cody come down from the heavens

I wonder if they're getting a new set for going back on the road

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Drakkel posted:

I mean, in the Shida example it's not that she's literally taking a vacation she's just not on the tv show that people watch. It's not really time off if you're still wrestling but only on the "C Show, Soon to be D Show that a fraction of the audience ever sees"
Don't start this poo poo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you don't have to be "on vacation" to get time off. particularly in a physically demanding career. it would actually be less helpful than just getting a week or two off after a 2 or 3 month run, etc. this might be a disconnect depending on where you live, like there are places where the only time you get off you have to take all at once as "a vacation".

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I also think people are making forgetting that Elevation matches are filmed in front of a crowd.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it seems people particularly are left off the shows after they lose their title. this could be Vince 2 completely losing interest in the "old" champ and not letting them work until he regains interest, or it could be a trend based on the idea that this person worked very hard and represented the company for a particular amount of time and they are being rewarded in real life. I'm not saying that's what it is

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Pylons posted:

I also think people are making forgetting that Elevation matches are filmed in front of a crowd.

As will Dark be, assuming Dark returns to its original format.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

Zero excuse for AEW to keep dragging their feet here.

Literally might be TNT decision, which is one hell of an excuse

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rantmo posted:

Elevation is what Dark was before the pandemic, Dark is going to be filmed in a specific venue each week with probably a smaller crowd.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
More Vickie talk, cowards

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

NutritiousSnack posted:

Literally might be TNT decision, which is one hell of an excuse

This is what....I hope is the problem?

Ugh, even typing that is vomit inducing

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rantmo posted:

I read that when they're back on the road, Elevation will be the 2-5 matches before and after the show on YouTube while Dark turns into their developmental in Jacksonville.

Elevation will be be as advertised, wrestlers on the rise or main roster members doing matches that couldn't make it to the main show. Dark will be trainees, tryouts, and occasional lower card members in an FCW/early NXT type situation.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

have some actual news

https://mobile.twitter.com/AEW/status/1412831761478922247

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

More crap for the landfill.

I don’t mean my posts!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

my posts are too powerful for your puny crates.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

so tired of this mystery box booking. who shot Mox? who is Evil Uno? come on.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

We Just Need:
That dude that wrestled a 6-year old girl
Dean Ambrose, master of the Wacky Line
Jake Strong
It's... the Butcher!... and the Blade!
One half of the Rock 'n Rave Infection
Mike Tyson
The Angelic Diablo
Captain Insano
The rear end Cream Duo
Daily's Place
Vickie Guerrero town halls

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Are crates still a thing?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

gently caress PWT.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I got an Ivelisse shirt :mad:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

the real star of Sammy vlog :swoon:

that blog was sad, i kept waiting for the swerve and watched to the bitter end to see Cody possibly on to something, but it's probably some "end of the Marvel movie" teaser that'll never materialize

i feel like AEW has been in a transitional period the last couple months as they ramp up becoming a touring company again and restructure the top of the card on the women's side, i feel like they've lost a step of progress from where they were when the tournament happened, but it's not a train wreck and i'm sure it'll even out. i'm not surprised the Britt / Nyla tag match did well, i was dreading it, but it ended up being a fun spectacle that furthers their storyline and the eventual title match will be hella worth.

i don't think it's fair to compare what Shida is able to do after dropping the belt, to the men, because the men can grab a buddy and go chase the tag belts, or if they're a tag team, wrestle singles for awhile, like Mox and Eddie, or Kaz after SCU dissolved. the women's division only has the singles track, so when you lose and need to make way for the new champ to start new poo poo, then there's not much else to jump into. i hope they BUILD something for that, and that's probably what Rampage will help the most with. more TV time for more poo poo to happen.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MassRafTer posted:

AEW definitely needs to follow in the footsteps of Mike Quackenbush

Eddie Kingston should get a championship push, yes.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

More crap for the landfill.

I don’t mean my posts!

Turn on your monitor! Ha ha, zing! Got em!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

AEW were a touring brand for 6 months and and in the pandemic for 15 months, they're still in a transitional period.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they started out as a t-shirt company. its madness.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

nope

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TV Zombie posted:

no they've been replaced by crate-like structures

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
finally got around to watching the vlog

it ain't over

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

PWTees already does a crate so I assume the overhead for adding a second is probably next to nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Kunabomber posted:

finally got around to watching the vlog

it ain't over

Cody's gonna personally pay Kling Kling and Fuego and EmpBruh a weekly fee and plane tickets just to appear on Sammy's vlog

the Friendlympics cannot be stopped