Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Drakkel posted:

One of those will be his name when he re-signs and goes to NXT

don't make promises you can't keep

he'll spin the Wheel O' Names and take his chances just like everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

Mojo Rawley had a job for years because his friend was Gronk, and after Gronk went back to the NFL they just fired Mojo because he was worth nothing. Feels gross to say but yeah, the drunk Uso has a job for life as long as Roman and potentially The Rock have a passing interest in wrestling because they don't want to burn that bridge. Also probably why Nia Jax still has a job tbh.

Speaking of Mojo, remember when he painted his face and talked in a mirror for two weeks?

Mojo Rawley posted:

“I was so against that,” Rawley said with a laugh. “I really didn’t want to do that. But truthfully the sketches didn’t look half bad. I remember thinking ‘I hope when I wear this it looks this cool.’ It couldn’t be furthest from. I pitched this idea of ‘everyone looks at themselves in the mirror and everyone hypes themselves up. Everyone has that degree of vanity, let me run with it. Let me cut promos where I am berating them for their shortcoming, and you don’t know who I am talking to. You find out later it’s me, and we can take this whole new attitude and run with it.’ Somehow that lead to me losing my mind and drawing on my face, I don’t know what it became.

“We literally did one match with that character. Me and Apollo Crews were paired together on a Europe tour. I remember it was like 2 and half weeks of everyday working together, we put on some great matches. There was so much that we pitched together. We put on matches that nobody was really expecting out of us and the fans gravitated towards. It’s hard though. You got 2 guys with no TV time going after these guys with established rivalries. But it was in the reports every night. ‘These two are onto something, lets give them a run.’ So they booked Apollo for my debut match in this new run. We were stoked, we were like lets go out and kill it, show them what we got. Then we found out it was a 60 second match that was written out entirely for us. Two and a half weeks, then it’s that, then it’s over. I just painted my face like an idiot for nothing.”

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
First time they've dropped below 1.5 million for 3 hours.

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1412875610934833155

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

First time they've dropped below 1.5 million for 3 hours.

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1412875610934833155

It was the Monday after a holiday! Or something

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
That's pretty bad when you consider that a lot of people had the day off on the 5th and probably wasn't out partying because they had to go to work the next day.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Dimebags Brain posted:

Speaking of Mojo, remember when he painted his face and talked in a mirror for two weeks?

Speaking of which, have they done anything with Apollo since turning him into an African warlord or whatever the gently caress?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it was a stupidly stacked weekend. WWE's just getting squeezed out.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Was there any competition last night?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
NXT has been on tv on Sportsnet this afternoon so I’ve flipped over there a few times. I genuinely forgot that Ciampa still wrestled there.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

it was a stupidly stacked weekend. WWE's just getting squeezed out.

There was no NBA on Monday. Just hockey.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Search won't let me add periods so I can't look up "1.5mil" to see who, but I'm extremely confident at least one person in this sub accurately guessed Raw would get under 1.5mil before Christmas

Definitely didn't think it'd happen so early too. Means there's a new bottom to hit :toot: Can they get under 1.3mil by Dec 27?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Speaking of which, have they done anything with Apollo since turning him into an African warlord or whatever the gently caress?

Oh this one I can answer! He fights Big E every single week.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Search won't let me add periods so I can't look up "1.5mil" to see who, but I'm extremely confident at least one person in this sub accurately guessed Raw would get under 1.5mil before Christmas

Definitely didn't think it'd happen so early too. Means there's a new bottom to hit :toot: Can they get under 1.3mil by Dec 27?

Next up is 1.42 million, the Dynamite debut.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

He's the IC champion, in a never-ending feud against Big E that somehow Owens and Zayn got dragged into because they needed to have MITB qualifiers.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MJeff posted:

yeah all the better wrestling I missed.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

MJeff posted:

Nope, not even AEW Dark Elevation, which started an hour earlier than Raw and went 45 minutes.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Next up is 1.42 million, the Dynamite debut.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/07/wwe-smackdown-to-air-as-split-site-broadcast-from-rolling-loud-miami-hip-hop-festival/

quote:

WWE previously announced that the July 23 SmackDown will air from the Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse in Cleveland, OH. Now that episode will feature a split-site broadcast with multiple matches at Rolling Loud from Hard Rock Stadium, and the remainder of the show held in Cleveland.

WWE is not even back on the road yet and is already trying to gently caress over fans that bought tickets to shows. remember the split broadcast RAW 25?

also, i can't imagine non wrestling fans being forced to watch WWE and walking away with an even remotely positive impression

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/07/wwe-smackdown-to-air-as-split-site-broadcast-from-rolling-loud-miami-hip-hop-festival/

WWE is not even back on the road yet and is already trying to gently caress over fans that bought tickets to shows. remember the split broadcast RAW 25?

also, i can't imagine non wrestling fans being forced to watch WWE and walking away with an even remotely positive impression

That is a severe underestimation of drunk festival goers.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the festival they partnered with sucks. The miami date is all hasbeens and wannabes.

Lookit this nonsense

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Ratings don't matter, fan attendance doesn't matter, merch doesn't matter.

All WWE has to do is produce #content. If people watch it or not is irrelevant.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

coconono posted:

Lookit this nonsense

I'm the 200 posts asking who any of these people are

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Post Malone getting top billing over Megan Thee Stallion is a crime in most countries. Why doesn't Drake Wuertz complain to school boards about this.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

mcdonalds roman reigns meal

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
We’re in a post-Malone era.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Ad by Khad posted:

I'm the 200 posts asking who any of these people are

i still don't know who bad bunny is

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

coconono posted:

the festival they partnered with sucks. The miami date is all hasbeens and wannabes.

Lookit this nonsense

Save for Megan THEE Stallion (Texas represent what's up) and Post (also Texas, but ugh DFW, but it's cool he's a HUGE loving MTG nerd), no idea who the rest of these people are. Also Megan should be headlining one of those days. :colbert:

What's the Cleveland show's lineup look like?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

cant believe how many nxt people are on that poster

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

JUNGLE BOY posted:

This blows! I bought 4 tickets for my family to go check this out, in Cleveland. Was looking forward to it, if for nothing else than my kids' reactions and the fireworks/entrances, etc.

Now half of the show we'll be staring at the jumbotron listening to post malone?

I've never tried to get rid of tickets before. Am I boned?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Getting a slot at a modern music festival (and one that isn't built around nostalgia acts, at that) is genuinely a cool thing to do, so it's funny that

1) WWE is undercutting the good press by screwing paying customers over one (1) week into returning to the road
2) The people on the music festival side of things were incapable of making a WWE reference less than 20 years old

quote:

“I grew up on Sweet Chin Music, mesmerized by the spectacle that Vince McMahon and co have built at WWE,” said Tariq Cherif, Co-Founder/Co-CEO of Rolling Loud. “The idea of weaving our two storylines into one world, one must see event, is electrifying.”

“And I quote! If ya smell…what the WWE and Rolling Loud…is…cookin’! Give me a hell yeah!,” said Rolling Loud Co-Founder/Co-CEO, Matt Zingler.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Chinook posted:

This blows! I bought 4 tickets for my family to go check this out, in Cleveland. Was looking forward to it, if for nothing else than my kids' reactions and the fireworks/entrances, etc.

Now half of the show we'll be staring at the jumbotron listening to post malone?

You got fleeced but at least you can tell the story about how you got scammed by the WWE in their first road show since the pandemic

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Slimelife Shawty

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

xbilkis posted:

2) The people on the music festival side of things were incapable of making a WWE reference less than 20 years old

quote:

“I grew up on Sweet Chin Music, mesmerized by the spectacle that Vince McMahon and co have built at WWE,” said Tariq Cherif, Co-Founder/Co-CEO of Rolling Loud. “The idea of weaving our two storylines into one world, one must see event, is electrifying.”

“And I quote! If ya smell…what the WWE and Rolling Loud…is…cookin’! Give me a hell yeah!,” said Rolling Loud Co-Founder/Co-CEO, Matt Zingler.
hahahahahaha

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The Rolling Loud organizers probably think Yokozuna is still alive

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
"And I quote" is a wwe reference less than 20 years old, but the anonymous raw gm is not exactly a memorable moment

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ad by Khad posted:

"And I quote" is a wwe reference less than 20 years old, but the anonymous raw gm is not exactly a memorable moment
It's memorable because it was awful and had no payoff before that became the norm in the WWE.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

At this point 1.3 million by christmas might be too generous of a prediction

It's like they're trying to see how low they can get ratings before they sell which is a bold business move but they fail upward into record profits each year so who am I to judge their strategy

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Chinook posted:

WWE is letting you that you wasted your money in advance, so you actually are coming out ahead here

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

JUNGLE BOY posted:

WWE is letting you that you wasted your money in advance, so you actually are coming out ahead here

Admittedly I knew this prior to purchasing the tickets, but now even the limited enjoyment I thought was available is dwindling. loving Post Malone on a screen...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

xbilkis posted:

Lol goddamnit