Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Wasn’t Caviezel known to be at least a little nuts going all the way back to when he was in Passion of the Christ? I feel like QAnon is just the next logical step like Kevin Sorbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

dang it, this makes subsequent Person Of Interest rewatches less fun.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Wasn’t Caviezel known to be at least a little nuts going all the way back to when he was in Passion of the Christ? I feel like QAnon is just the next logical step like Kevin Sorbo.

He is Christian and has brain damage so are we sure he isn't already?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bartok posted:

He is Christian and has brain damage so are we sure he isn't already?

If Mel Gibson likes you, good chance you're insane or awful

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

Wait, Jim is QAnon? lol

Digital Jedi posted:

Anyone who watched Person of Interest might be interested in listening to the latest episode of QanonAnonymous Podcast to find out how batshit insane Jim Caviezel is these days.

Highlights (only 30minutes into it) include:
On set of the Passion of Christ he told the showrunner he 'technically' is Jesus
During PoI he caused the dog to bite him and they had to replace that dog
He got banned from driving any car after he drove through a red light and almost hit 5 pedestrians because 'his character wouldn't of stopped at it'
He got mad when they switched to CGI for gun fights instead of blanks because the crew didn't trust him

https://soundcloud.com/qanonanonymous/episode-143-jim-caviezel-enter-the-cavortex-feat-dave-anthony

Edit: Given the name of the podcast Caviezel is a believer into all the child trafficking's conspiracies and adrenochrome stuff.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Out of respect for his wife, Caviezel requested that he wear a shirt and that Jennifer Lopez wear a top during a love scene in the film Angel Eyes, and he refused to strip in a love scene with Ashley Judd in High Crimes. He said, "I do love scenes—but not ones with gratuitous sex. . . . And it's not just about my wife, although that's important. It's sin, pure and simple. I mean, it's wrong."

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Digital Jedi posted:

Jim Caviezel insanity

Good God the guy's a lunatic.

Even if you were to disregard the Q conspiracy poo poo, (which you shouldn't) the fact that he was willing to run over pedestrians in a misguided attempt to keep kayfabe is some badbrained idiocy.

Glass Punkbull 141 fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 8, 2021

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

He also refused to have his character save a gay couple (I think). The only way they could get him to do the scene was by reminding him that on 9/11, the first responders did not care. They just saved people.

Afterwards, he began telling people that he was a hero like those on 9/11.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I just want the story about them having to put post it notes with his lines on them on other actors to be true

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

He also refused to have his character save a gay couple (I think). The only way they could get him to do the scene was by reminding him that on 9/11, the first responders did not care. They just saved people.

Afterwards, he began telling people that he was a hero like those on 9/11.

purkey posted:

I just want the story about them having to put post it notes with his lines on them on other actors to be true

I'm listening to the episode right now. I have no words for just how... cartoonishly hosed up he is.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
God dammit, I love Person Of Interest. I knew he was hardcore Christian but didn’t realise he was fully insane.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I refuse to watch any movies with a Christian in it that is why I only watch the Mission Impossible series.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

I refuse to watch any movies with a Christian in it that is why I only watch the Mission Impossible series.

oof, sorry to break it to you bud

https://www.christianpost.com/news/ving-rhames-stars-in-newly-released-christian-film.html

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bloodbath posted:

God dammit, I love Person Of Interest. I knew he was hardcore Christian but didn’t realise he was fully insane.

Oof, yeah. Glad I got through all of Person of Interest before I found out about this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I will forgive Ving but I will not partake in any other people with crazy beliefs!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

Oof, yeah. Glad I got through all of Person of Interest before I found out about this.

At least his character in POI is kind of a creepy emotionless weirdo anyway

Now I kind of want to go back and do a rewatch to play “spot the craziness” when extras are flinching away from him swinging a gun around and whatnot

Still a great show and I’m sure I could still enjoy it for the rest of the cast

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I've only seen parts of the first season, but from what I saw, Michael Emerson acted circles around him anyway.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

I will forgive Ving but I will not partake in any other people with crazy beliefs!

I have shocking news to reveal to you about Tom Cruise...... he's very dedicated to sprinting! :aaa:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

I have shocking news to reveal to you about Tom Cruise...... he's very dedicated to sprinting! :aaa:

Tom's the freaking man! I know this is the social media thread so I will tie it in with this classic tweet.

https://twitter.com/tomcruise/status/1298336338434052096

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://mobile.twitter.com/TayConti_/status/1412953378322329600

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

that is super cool :3:

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Digital Jedi posted:

'his character wouldn't of stopped at it'

Somehow this is the worst bit.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/NoContextFlair/status/1411424998338830341

Not wrong

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Lol, love Ric Flair.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:hmmyes:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:hellyeah:

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
ah, the openly lesbian Bolsanaro supporter whom I believe no longer lives in Brazil

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

smikey posted:

The openly lesbian Bolsanaro supporter

:psyduck:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ah, the french champagne

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Good for Tay, cool moment for her.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

smikey posted:

ah, the openly lesbian Bolsanaro supporter whom I believe no longer lives in Brazil
okay?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

It's pretty good to know when someone's extremely scummy tbh.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

smikey posted:

do you have any evidence that amanda nunes is a bolsonaro supporter? as far as i know all she's said is that trump was good because he would lower her taxes, which makes sense for a rich florida athlete

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Yardbomb posted:

It's pretty good to know when someone's extremely scummy tbh.

Uuuuuuuuuuuughh

bartok
May 10, 2006

smikey posted:

I just assume everyone in MMA and pro wrestling have lovely political opinions until proven otherwise.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

bartok posted:

I just assume everyone in MMA and pro wrestling have lovely political opinions until proven otherwise.

As soon as I saw people taking pictures with her, I was thinking “can’t wait to hear why she’s cancelled”

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

As soon as I saw people taking pictures with her, I was thinking “can’t wait to hear why she’s cancelled”

Wealthy people with lovely views can't get "cancelled" anyway, it almost only ever really happens to small people who make their lovely things known.

Beeswax posted:

Uuuuuuuuuuuughh

Same.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jul 8, 2021

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

KoldPT posted:

do you have any evidence that amanda nunes is a bolsonaro supporter? as far as i know all she's said is that trump was good because he would lower her taxes, which makes sense for a rich florida athlete

I mean, that’s still quite bad

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

anyone want to share their "bad tweets MMA people liked" excel tab? i've only got the wrestling one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Nunes was pro Bolsonaro once because she's an expat and the only stories that make it north are poo poo like "...and someone threw a hand grenade at the gas station" Bolsonaro ran on a strong law and order platform(which was also actively anti-indigenous), which some people like(without thinking about the consequences).