Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'm intrigued by how many stories also have ships voltroning together into giant glowing spheres
That seems to repeat a lot too and is not something popular culture has really chomped onto anywhere that I can think of

If you want a fun one, look up the sighting of Air Canada flight 305 on October 4, 1967, which happened the same night as the Shag Harbour Incident.

Basically there's a bunch of lights and one of them seems to silently explode then quickly cycle through the colors of the visible spectrum, while the other lights zip around it. It flies outside of what the pilots can see, in the direction of the coast, and 4 hours later, something goes into the water off Shag Harbour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

What if some of these birds evolved on one of those rogue planets devoid of a star's light. They manifest themselves in a multitude of EM wavelengths like an animal from the abyss.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Azathoth posted:

If you want a fun one, look up the sighting of Air Canada flight 305 on October 4, 1967, which happened the same night as the Shag Harbour Incident.

Basically there's a bunch of lights and one of them seems to silently explode then quickly cycle through the colors of the visible spectrum, while the other lights zip around it. It flies outside of what the pilots can see, in the direction of the coast, and 4 hours later, something goes into the water off Shag Harbour.

Whoa that's pretty wild
and kinda reminds me of that 911/weather service call tracking that UFO swarm through (Michigan I think?) posted earlier in the thread

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

WEH posted:

I agree completely, but if that's the case I am confused why more people aren't making noise now that it's admitted at the highest level. I suppose if I'd seen something and been made fun of for years the extent of my response might be "yeah, no poo poo"

it's not like there's any actual answers at this point

We have spent the last 70 years or so calling anyone who considered the possibility of UFOs being real an idiot, conman, fraud, or lunatic. There was no more sure way to attract derision from all sides than to claim you saw UFO or believe in another's description. Aside from people laughing at you, talking about UFOs in certain professions would instantly end your career and have you sent for a mandatory mental health evaluation. If I was a pilot, for example, and had a literal alien fly up in a ship and say "sup," I wouldn't tell a god damned soul.

This sort of conditioning doesn't go away overnight.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

the cool thing about UFOs is every time you're disappointed by the news you can be all 'darn, maybe next time' instead of falling into despair from topics like the climate

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Wheeee posted:

the cool thing about UFOs is every time you're disappointed by the news you can be all 'darn, maybe next time' instead of falling into despair from topics like the climate

There are always ufos in the banana stand area 51

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Whoa that's pretty wild
and kinda reminds me of that 911/weather service call tracking that UFO swarm through (Michigan I think?) posted earlier in the thread

lol speaking of radar sweeps

NUFORC posted:

Occurred : 10/10/1973 23:00
Reported: 12/30/2001 5:31:49 PM

At about an hour into my shift I observed this blip moving extreamly fast. It traveled about 25 to 35 mi. per sweep of the radar. I notised it at the 150 mi limit watched it for two sweeps when I told my supervisor he observed it for one sweep then told me to go outside to see if I could see any thing. I saw it move from the east to the west for an instant then turn to the south instantly and continue south untill it went out of sight. When I went back inside the radar room my supervisor confermed the same thing. At this point I was told not to say anything ,that it just did't happen.

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!
I may have a UAP story. This took place while living in Fremont, Nebraska in 1989 or 1990. It was very late at night ( did not look at the clock) when I was awaken by a the house seeming to vibrating and shaking the pipes in the wall. There was also a bright light, shining through the windows of my bedroom. I was very scared and waited what seemed like an eternity before running to my parents bedroom. My parents bedroom was on the opposite side of the house,. I was able to wake my Mom up, who woke my dad up. When he woke up and opened the window the light and pipe vibrating stopped.. My father stated that it must have been a low flying helicopter that we heard and go back to bed.

We lived about a mile and a half away from the hospital, which did have life flights to Omaha but it was usually in the newspaper the next day when it flew. The noise that woke me up was the water pipes vibrating wildly inside the walls of our house. We had 3 bathrooms, and my room was sandwiched between the main and master bath. Now, for some reason this house tended to get lots of water hammers from flushing toilets or rapidly turning off the shower, so hearing the pipes vibrate inside the walls and having it wake me up was an occasional occurrence.

What ever was hovering over house did not have the "Thwump thwump" or turbine sound that you hear with civilian or military aircraft. It could have been something Military, since SAC was less than 50 miles away, but noise complaints meant that flyovers were rare, we very rarely got sonic booms or low flyovers unlike what happened in the area in the 1950s and 1960s. Thee light was equally bright in all the windows we saw, even though they were opposite sides of the house.

After I went back to bed, and fell asleep, the same thing happened again. I heard my mother yell "Curt, it is happening again!" and my mom got up and came into my room and we went down to the lower level (our house was split level), I would estimate that about a half minute after going to the lower level, the light and vibrating pipes stopped, and everything was quiet. We fell asleep on the couch and woke up with the sunrise. We asked if my older brother heard or saw anything (he slept through the whole thing, but no one checked on him during the whole time). My mom talked to one of the neighbor ladies she knew, and the lady says she didn't see or hear anything. There was not any story in the paper about a life flight or a military flight. A few days later, I was less scared, and I never brought the incident up again.

I asked my mom and dad if they remembered anything, and my mom recalled this happening, but thought it must have been a helicopter because "Their aren't ETs out there buzzing houses. We aren't that interesting as people to watch."
My dad just rolled his eyes and said "You were always good at working your mom up when you were scared, so when Mom saw how scared I was, she became irrational."

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

There are always ufos in the banana stand area 51

i think they moved them (to australia possibly??)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Toupee Groupie posted:

I may have a UAP story. This took place while living in Fremont, Nebraska in 1989 or 1990. It was very late at night ( did not look at the clock) when I was awaken by a the house seeming to vibrating and shaking the pipes in the wall. There was also a bright light, shining through the windows of my bedroom. I was very scared and waited what seemed like an eternity before running to my parents bedroom. My parents bedroom was on the opposite side of the house,. I was able to wake my Mom up, who woke my dad up. When he woke up and opened the window the light and pipe vibrating stopped.. My father stated that it must have been a low flying helicopter that we heard and go back to bed.

We lived about a mile and a half away from the hospital, which did have life flights to Omaha but it was usually in the newspaper the next day when it flew. The noise that woke me up was the water pipes vibrating wildly inside the walls of our house. We had 3 bathrooms, and my room was sandwiched between the main and master bath. Now, for some reason this house tended to get lots of water hammers from flushing toilets or rapidly turning off the shower, so hearing the pipes vibrate inside the walls and having it wake me up was an occasional occurrence.

What ever was hovering over house did not have the "Thwump thwump" or turbine sound that you hear with civilian or military aircraft. It could have been something Military, since SAC was less than 50 miles away, but noise complaints meant that flyovers were rare, we very rarely got sonic booms or low flyovers unlike what happened in the area in the 1950s and 1960s. Thee light was equally bright in all the windows we saw, even though they were opposite sides of the house.

After I went back to bed, and fell asleep, the same thing happened again. I heard my mother yell "Curt, it is happening again!" and my mom got up and came into my room and we went down to the lower level (our house was split level), I would estimate that about a half minute after going to the lower level, the light and vibrating pipes stopped, and everything was quiet. We fell asleep on the couch and woke up with the sunrise. We asked if my older brother heard or saw anything (he slept through the whole thing, but no one checked on him during the whole time). My mom talked to one of the neighbor ladies she knew, and the lady says she didn't see or hear anything. There was not any story in the paper about a life flight or a military flight. A few days later, I was less scared, and I never brought the incident up again.

I asked my mom and dad if they remembered anything, and my mom recalled this happening, but thought it must have been a helicopter because "Their aren't ETs out there buzzing houses. We aren't that interesting as people to watch."
My dad just rolled his eyes and said "You were always good at working your mom up when you were scared, so when Mom saw how scared I was, she became irrational."

https://i.imgur.com/woomjlW.mp4

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

Toupee Groupie posted:

This is badass and you should definitely get hypnotized to unlock the experiencer memories.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

The whole “ships separating and joining” thing is compatible with entities from a higher spatial dimension shoving their higher dimensional genitalia into our 3-space and waggling them around mockingly at us as different three-dimensional cross sections intersect with our spacetime. This is described in detail in the UAP fan theory I came up with the other night while I was definitely not high at all.

The higher dimensional entities are usually much better behaved and only let us see the cross sections that we know as “birds.”

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Dick Ripple posted:

I think Carl Sagan was right in saying no one is coming to save us from ourselves. I see a lot of that hope in this thread, even those that joke about it. We have been butchering, raping, and doing just about every horrible thing imaginable to eachother probably since forever and no one has stepped in and said to knock it off. Whatever it is buzzing around out there does not give two fucks about us...

plenty of Angels, spirits, ghosts, gods, demons, ETs, appear in our realm and tell us to knock poo poo off, they even write it down in books and make religions out of it!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

30-50 interdimensional hogs

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Bilirubin posted:

30-50 interdimensional hogs

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/ChrisKMellon/status/1412883890881110031?s=20

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Sometime between 1999-2001, my mom woke me up one night and lead me out onto our back porch.

She was out having a smoke when she saw some weird lights in the sky above a hill that was about a mile away. So she went and woke me up to see if I knew what the hell was going on.

There were 3 red lights arranged in a triangle and a green light in the middle. The 3 lights were slowly spinning around the green light while pulsing. After a few minutes, the 3 lights converged on the green one, and became one bright orange light. It stayed like that for a moment before flashing once and winking out of existence.

I remember my mom just sort of remarking that it was "weird" and suggesting that I go back to sleep. And that's what I did. I don't recall us ever speaking about it again.

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

space chandeliers posted:

This is badass and you should definitely get hypnotized to unlock the experiencer memories.

The problem is, I have PTSD from being born with two buttholes. I had multiple surgeries up till when I was 10, and got butt scopes with no sedative or pain killers, along with monthly insertion of dilators around the time this happened. So all I would do is talk about butt trauma under hypnosis that I pushed down deep into my memory to hope to forget it.

I was raised in a very strict, sheltered, christian household. I really had no thoughts or ideas about UFOs or aliens at the time. I never really thought much about UAPs and other phenomenon till recently. I never have really have had any interest in Sci-fi either.

I have never admitted this before, but I have had and still have dreams that I am a old farmer in the early 1920s in Iowa. Among things that have happened in his life is that he was abducted by aliens when he went out one winter night to check on something. Never believed in past life or ghost stuff, have been an atheist or agnostic since the age of 12, but it's like I could write a biography on this Iowa farmer that I dream about.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Toupee Groupie posted:

I have never admitted this before, but I have had and still have dreams that I am a old farmer in the early 1920s in Iowa. Among things that have happened in his life is that he was abducted by aliens when he went out one winter night to check on something. Never believed in past life or ghost stuff, have been an atheist or agnostic since the age of 12, but it's like I could write a biography on this Iowa farmer that I dream about.

If you know the name/town of this Iowa farmer there's no doubt corroborating evidence to be found that this man existed

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

Toupee Groupie posted:

The problem is, I have PTSD from being born with two buttholes. I had multiple surgeries up till when I was 10, and got butt scopes with no sedative or pain killers, along with monthly insertion of dilators around the time this happened. So all I would do is talk about butt trauma under hypnosis that I pushed down deep into my memory to hope to forget it.

I was raised in a very strict, sheltered, christian household. I really had no thoughts or ideas about UFOs or aliens at the time. I never really thought much about UAPs and other phenomenon till recently. I never have really have had any interest in Sci-fi either.

It was suggested facetiously :) Nevertheless, given the circumstances I understand the apprehension. I have a cousin who is the opposite and was born without the exit port. That's crazy though about the dream farmer.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
would the anal probe aliens be more interested in a human with 2 buttholes or no buttholes

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Hirsute posted:

would the anal probe aliens be more interested in a human with 2 buttholes or no buttholes

they steal a butthole from one human to give it to another. tihs is why they're here

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Loucks posted:

The whole “ships separating and joining” thing is compatible with entities from a higher spatial dimension shoving their higher dimensional genitalia into our 3-space and waggling them around mockingly at us as different three-dimensional cross sections intersect with our spacetime. This is described in detail in the UAP fan theory I came up with the other night while I was definitely not high at all.

The higher dimensional entities are usually much better behaved and only let us see the cross sections that we know as “birds.”

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
we all have suppressed abduction memories because we were all abducted. the uap’s are humans trying to find us but they don’t quite know how to navigate between dimensions so we see them act erratic cause we don’t know how to drive a space stick shift.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i'm captain marvel at the beginning of the movie? sweet.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

having taken a week off to chill and grill in celebration of the report and the 4th our boy big Lue is back, this time on Clubhouse which is a social media app for voice chats, and questions came from listeners

also eric weinstein pops in at one point, i know he has a lot of fans on this forum

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kgXIoVPnhDs

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Nuts and Gum posted:

we all have suppressed abduction memories because we were all abducted. the uap’s are humans trying to find us but they don’t quite know how to navigate between dimensions so we see them act erratic cause we don’t know how to drive a space stick shift.

I quite like the idea that uaps are just incomprehensible n-dimensional beings trying to pass their equivalent of driver’s ed, the earth having been chosen as a test site because it’s a relatively but not totally traffic-free environment.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Hirsute posted:

I'd guess, from personal experience, yes.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

WEH posted:

I cleaned this one up a bit more than usual cos it's annoying to read without formatting, but apparently it wasn't just F-14s getting disabled in the late 1970s. Also describes something ignoring the density of water well before that was "mainstream" knowledge afaik

Probably a hypercormorant

burmuda triangle is spooky as poo poo

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing
lmao fravor’s call sign is “sex”

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiYszS5RHAE

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
that does make a good av, nice

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
anton is really great at making these videos but im betting he knows

he's had contact and is just filling the gap in between then and full disclosure

hello wonderful poster

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Delta-Wye posted:

that does make a good av, nice

truly, thank you whoever did this for me. ill be sure to mention you to the grays when I make contact

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Ross DaouThot posted:

lmao fravor’s call sign is “sex”
Sex Fravor? OK, that's pretty good lol

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/josecanseco/status/1412996414020362240

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

OrangéJéllo posted:

:okboomer: look at this poor sufferer of linear time, the birds skip upon the surface and dive through the streams while you stare at your feet and wonder where all the songs are coming from.