Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

knox_harrington posted:

I really think they should keep the shots of people in the crowd zoomed out a bit further

I know right? 2 metres at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

bump_fn posted:

imagine supporting england lol
The immortal power of dialectical materialism enables them to overcome bourgeois individualistic tendencies and function as a team.

IT'S THE KNEE WOT WON IT!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
at least i don’t have to be sad about labor losing seats because of this

thanks keith

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

bump_fn posted:

at least i don’t have to be sad about labor losing seats because of this

thanks keith
https://mobile.twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1412889992934957061

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I'm actually quite enjoying watching two politicians desperately try to out-do each other at pretending to give a poo poo about football

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Wear a mask if you're not sat a table, isn't it?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Schmeichel would have caught that if some perfidious englishman hadnt shot him in the eyes with a laser pointer.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

sebzilla posted:

Wear a mask if you're not sat a table, isn't it?

You can get kicked out for cheering/shouting/singing too.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Gary Nev with a fun dig at Boris. Comment about Southgate along the lines of it's good to see a leader with honesty and integrity after the last two years.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
boris is gonna be re-elected with ten more seats so enjoy this win

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
There's... there isn't an election coming up :confused:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

It'll be coming home for at least another three years.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

As soon as England win Rashford will easily be able to force a VONC

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Yeah, but in 4 years time a cup win is going to do what 1966 did for Harold Wilson's landslide win in 1970. Wait...

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

It's coming home.

"It" being shitheaded nationalism.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Jollity Farm posted:

It's coming home.

That's been here for a while, football isn't changing that.

Football's coming home tho

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Jollity Farm posted:

It's coming home.

I'm sorry to say it's been home a long time, it was just hiding in the cupboard

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
if you don’t think the tory rags will ride this for seven years min then you’re an idiot lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I mean why not call another election if aengland wins? The pigs will eat that poo poo up

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Do people not remember all the constant shithead nationalism from the last five years?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

forkboy84 posted:

I mean why not call another election if aengland wins? The pigs will eat that poo poo up

i don’t actually think this would happen but i wouldn’t be that surprised

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

stev posted:

Do people not remember all the constant shithead nationalism from the last five years?

5? Closer to 500.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1412882995678261250?s=20

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

forkboy84 posted:

Aengland? Saxon spelling is icumen home

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It was that huge flag outside Downing Street that did it.
Thank you Boris.

He's just like Churchill, except in colour.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

fuctifino posted:

It was that huge flag outside Downing Street that did it.
Thank you Boris.

He's just like Churchill, except in colour.

congrats on the job at the times

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

lol the final is on Sunday and England are in it, there’s going to be historic levels of sickies pulled on Monday

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yes.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Has Seven Nation Army completely replaced Chelsea Dagger as the stadium song of choice?

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Countries full of Terfs and fascists but at least

kecske posted:

it's coming home

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Case numbers today are looking great lads, very confident that dropping all restrictions in a couple of weeks is the best course of action!

Quick back of the fag packet numbers (OK I used Excel) give me 22,581 hospital admissions per week and 275,990 daily cases in 6 weeks time at the current rate of increase.

Luckily we're dropping all restrictions in 2 weeks so I'm sure that'll cause the numbers to change for the better or something.

Check the scenarios done by Warwick uni and Imperial as far back as the start of May.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/university-of-warwick-roadmap-scenarios-and-sensitivity-steps-3-and-4-5-may-2021

Especially page 31 where it models higher infectivity roughly equal to delta. They don't account for the delay in restriction relaxation but do provide a pretty good insight into what's coming.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Hope UEFA ban Sterling for being a cheat and he at least misses the final.

Taking a bold anti-Marxist stance.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

https://twitter.com/Fox_Claire/status/1412890095028514820?s=19

lol

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Baroness Fox, the only person who says "Gerry Adams did nothing wrong" and means the elder one. :barf:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

bump_fn posted:

boris is gonna be re-elected with ten more seats so enjoy this win

lmao

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-brexit-jews-ireland-b1879900.html

quote:

Boris Johnson warns of Jewish ‘exodus’ from Northern Ireland due to Brexit protocol he signed
PM blames disruption of kosher food supplies on ‘grossly disproportionate’ EU application of rules

Boris Johnson has warned of an “exodus” of Jewish people from Northern Ireland as a consequence of the protocol he agreed as part of his Brexit deal.

Mr Johnson told MPs the government had been approached by representatives of the Jewish community in the province who raised fears over supplies of kosher food under post-Brexit trade rules which the PM negotiated and signed in 2019 and which began coming into effect in January.

Giving evidence to the House of Commons Liaison Committee, Mr Johnson again attempted to blame disruption of food supplies on the European Union’s implementation of the new regulations.

etc

Several of the comments below the article point out that Kosher food is available in Dublin, 1.5hrs drive south of Belfast.

Also, couldn't kosher food be produced in Northern Ireland?

I think by "‘grossly disproportionate’ EU application of rules" Johnson means 'stick to the contract he signed'.

Also, what about halal food for muslims - apparently (to my surprise) I discover that muslims are the second largest religious community in Northern Ireland (article here mentions 4000 http://euroviews.eu/2019/2019/04/22/muslims-in-northern-ireland-are-sitting-on-the-fence/ )

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 8, 2021

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
There's nothing more cringy than people who think they're above a sports game. It's cool if you're not into it, whatever, but there's nothing to admire about being a pretentious misery-guts. The England football team is not the British government and it's nice sometimes to find something to have fun with and feel good about. I am qualified to say this as I very much used to be that teenage arsehole who thought only dumbasses enjoyed it, and now I have very much realised that was my own very pathetic classist 'I'm not like most proles' subconscious attitude coming out.

e: it's surprising how many people in my family immediately go to 'it's disgusting that footballers earn so much when nurses don't' when we talk about wealth disparity, completely ignoring the actual problem. Like ok complain that football shouldn't be the multi million pound industry it is, but that's not the players' fault and if someone offered me hundreds of thousands a month to do something I loved I'd jump at the chance. It's also one of the very very few jobs where working class kids can, if they're very very good and very lucky, become astonishingly rich, without the need for connections etc. I wonder if that's related to the above point, somehow.

vv Yes, exactly, if you're not into the game that's perfectly fine. Don't watch it. It's the people who sit there coming up with smug takes about how they're much more intellectual than all of this silly nonsense that annoy me.

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 8, 2021

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

ThomasPaine posted:

There's nothing more cringy than people who think they're above a sports game. It's cool if you're not into it, whatever, but there's nothing to admire about being a pretentious misery-guts. The England football team is not the British government and it's nice sometimes to find something to have fun with and feel good about. I am qualified to say this as I very much used to be that teenage arsehole who thought only dumbasses enjoyed it, and now I have very much realised that was my own very pathetic classist 'I'm not like most proles' subconscious attitude coming out.

TBH honest I hate football, didn’t watch tonight’s match or any others, and frankly find the idea of caring that one team won instead of another pretty weird, but I agree. People are enjoying themselves, let them.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I just think the fans are mostly nationalistic wankers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Boris is finally a legend.