Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Could've used some Mario Kart rubber band ref physics on that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

shiiit that looked painful

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That's a penalty 99.9% of the time what the gently caress refs

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

it's a penalty on point but not anderson, got it

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hand Knit posted:

RIP Josh Anderson. Hustled a little too much.

Yet another breakway where he got caught by the D despite having a step from blowing the zone early. But yeah he's faaast.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

bergevin didn't break out the red suit tonight? gotta question his desire to win

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

eXXon posted:

Yet another breakway where he got caught by the D despite having a step from blowing the zone early. But yeah he's faaast.

i would say he's decently fast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGrYWD4DQI8

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

fancy stats posted:

bergevin didn't break out the red suit tonight? gotta question his desire to win

I think they said a green suit was present at a big road win vs Vegas

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

fancy stats posted:

Red is for clinchers

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

eXXon posted:

not gonna be so fast with a bifurcated scapula

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

That's a penalty 99.9% of the time what the gently caress refs

Yeah I really thought that was going to be a penalty shot there.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

eXXon posted:

A few years back a goon went to see the Jackets or Rangers play and said he could see why Rick Nash was such a scouts dream. He was so big that when he got by someone and cut in to the net it looked really impressive. Sure he didn't do that very often, but when he did he looked like the god of power forwards.

Anderson feels like the dime store version of that.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Belated “gently caress the habs”

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
lol can you himagine if romanov had been playing the whole time rather than whatever the gently caress gustafsson and poo poo

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I am so annoyed that Ducharme seemingly learned absolutely nothing from getting covid and is basically not wearing a mask at this point.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

A few years back a goon went to see the Jackets or Rangers play and said he could see why Rick Nash was such a scouts dream. He was so big that when he got by someone and cut in to the net it looked really impressive. Sure he didn't do that very often, but when he did he looked like the god of power forwards.

rick nash was such a loving specimen

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

Big ol' rangy forwards have a way of doing that every now and then

I remember even Jordan Staal and Ryan Malone getting those side-to-side breakaway dekes every now and then and when you can move and have that wingspan you can make a goalie look stupid even if you're not Mario Lemieux

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

ThinkTank posted:

I am so annoyed that Ducharme seemingly learned absolutely nothing from getting covid and is basically not wearing a mask at this point.

Sounds like he'd fit right in with any major political party tbh

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

Uh have you seen Tampa lol

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Hand Knit posted:

Was Nash also just absolute trash defensively? I don't remember, but seems like a pretty good comp.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

Cut to the net hard off the wing a couple times at the CHL top prospects game and you will never not have an NHL job

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

rick nash was such a loving specimen

I remember a Sportsnet article hyping him up as a future 60 goal scorer after a few seasons in the league. It was a 'best players under 21' or whatever list and they had Kari Lehtonen with the caption of "in case you wanted to see what Martin Brodeur was like when he was young."

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
So if Tampa wins are we all in agreement that this counts as 1 (one) Legitimate Cup Win

2 pandemic Cups = 1 Legitimate Cup

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
It was an absolute honor threadshitting with the finest of HAS, but sadly, Ginette Reno is getting ready to sing

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

OldSenileGuy posted:

So if Tampa wins are we all in agreement that this counts as 1 (one) Legitimate Cup Win

No because this is a different category of asterisk. They still will not have a single legitimate cup

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

stab posted:

It was an absolute honor threadshitting with the finest of HAS, but sadly, Ginette Reno is getting ready to sing

:canada:

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I, for one, welcome our new tampa bay lightning overlords.

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

stab posted:

not enough tricher....

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

OldSenileGuy posted:

Minus 15%

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

fancy stats posted:

Was Nash also just absolute trash defensively? I don't remember, but seems like a pretty good comp.

I don't think he was ever looked at as good but I just looked up his early stats and he put up a nearly 60% corsi on a truly dogshit Jackets team so he must've been at least decent.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

How hard is it to chisel asteriskses into the Stanley Cup

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Wherever Perry goes next season I hope people are punching him in the face there, too

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

I remember a Sportsnet article hyping him up as a future 60 goal scorer after a few seasons in the league. It was a 'best players under 21' or whatever list and they had Kari Lehtonen with the caption of "in case you wanted to see what Martin Brodeur was like when he was young."

i'll be honest, i was on the Rick Nash hype train because he was big, he could skate decent, and he could wire one... how could you not be good? i was younger and differently dumb

plus there was That Goal against the Yotes in 2008 gently caress that poo poo was tight

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

stab posted:

Bon nuit

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

sweet thursday posted:

How hard is it to chisel asteriskses into the Stanley Cup

Just as hard as it is for the canadiens to imagine what the cup looks like today.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Wonderllama posted:

Just as hard as it is for the canadiens to imagine what the cup looks like today.

They're not the Leafs

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i'll be honest, i was on the Rick Nash hype train because he was big, he could skate decent, and he could wire one... how could you not be good? i was younger and differently dumb

plus there was That Goal against the Yotes in 2008 gently caress that poo poo was tight

He put up 40 goals as a 19 year old before the lockout. That's insane.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Pleads posted:

They're not the Leafs

To you I extend the dappage

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Pleads posted:

They're not the Leafs

TBF the HHOF is in the same city....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I want to see a universe where the Leafs are in Game 7 of the SCF the same day England is in the Euro final and they both lose.