Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Kevin Palpatine posted:

if they want to have a police story then maybe they should have the cops hunting black people for sport like they do in america

Clearly you don’t watch batwoman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I thought Oliver Queen ended racism in a speech a few years ago?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Burning_Monk posted:

I thought Oliver Queen ended racism in a speech a few years ago?

No he ended gun violence. Racism is still a problem.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Did you really think they solved racism in ONE episode of Arrow!?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Vietnamwees posted:

Did you really think they solved racism in ONE episode of Arrow!?

Preposterous. You need at least a two part crossover for that.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

:rip: Joe

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

"Iris! I fell asleep at work and had a weird dream! OK, bye!"

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Tiggum posted:

"Iris! I fell asleep at work and had a weird dream! OK, bye!"

Barry as a lovable idiot has always been his best characterization and I'm glad they're sticking with it for the back half of this season.

Was there a reason Iris didn't show up at all? I was expecting some big reveal at the end (and maybe that's still coming) since we didn't see her one time.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

A Fancy Hat posted:

Was there a reason Iris didn't show up at all? I was expecting some big reveal at the end (and maybe that's still coming) since we didn't see her one time.

Nah, they've done this poo poo before when they haven't had a certain actor available for an episode. "Whenever Iris is not on screen, all the other characters should be asking 'Where's Iris?'"

I was excited when Nora showed up at the start of the episode (since she represents the last time I cared about the show), but then they had to go ruin it with a Godspeed plot which went nowhere, plus indulging the awful written-by-a-13yo AO3 fic which is Frost & Mark. That guy has all the charisma of a three week old cheeseburger.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Who even is Godspeed, btw? I recognise that white Flash-suit, but I have no memory of the person/whatever that was inside it. Apparently he's clones?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A lovely speedster created in the comics because they needed more speedsters for the show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

It was weird how both this episode and last week had Iris just off screen, laughing along.

Also the stuff with Mark makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills seeing as his introduction was murdering people and framing Frost for it.

Anyone else laugh at how Joe apparently just stole Ralph's office?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I do like the slow burn of the Godspeed reveal. Having these seemingly random encounters with future speedster clones with no real information other than "WTF?!?" is at least a nice change.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

muscles like this! posted:

Anyone else laugh at how Joe apparently just stole Ralph's office?

I mean, it's a NICE office, can't just let it go to waste.

I get the feeling that Chillblaine's role is rapidly being rewritten and expanded to fill a Ralph-shaped hole in some of the scripts. Like everything between Frost and him could have been tweaked from some Ralph and Sue stuff originally.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

A Fancy Hat posted:

I mean, it's a NICE office, can't just let it go to waste.

I get the feeling that Chillblaine's role is rapidly being rewritten and expanded to fill a Ralph-shaped hole in some of the scripts. Like everything between Frost and him could have been tweaked from some Ralph and Sue stuff originally.

I feel like I'm watching a third rate Joker/Harley Quinn during all of those scenes. If he becomes a series regular I quit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh hey Nora still sucks. Go back to speed hell.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Rhyno posted:

A lovely speedster created in the comics because they needed more speedsters for the show.

I just read the wikipedia summary of his comics introduction and it sounds a lot better than how the character has been used in the show so far. But I guess we'll see where this clone/drone thing is going.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Seeing Dig's Spartan costume in broad daylight is weird.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

howe_sam posted:

Seeing Dig's Spartan costume in broad daylight is weird.

The twist At the end and Dig being on screen for five minutes were cool, but is Barry going to visit his loving force kids every time he has an issue now? Will they be Team Flash next season?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Pillowpants posted:

The twist At the end and Dig being on screen for five minutes were cool, but is Barry going to visit his loving force kids every time he has an issue now? Will they be Team Flash next season?

gently caress, works for me. I gave up on this show somewhere around the Cicada arc, and this was the first episode I saw since then. Nora was always one of my favorites and I always missed her, especially given how her arc ended.

So hearing about potential Diggle stuff, Nora, Impulse, and generally hearing a little buzz that the show might be digging itself out of the garbage force era it's been stuck in for a while this seemed like a good time to check out the show. Glad I did. There was some stuff that was pretty groany like Esperanza and this immortal meta dude, but generally it was watchable! The Godspeed Squad is a bit putty patrol-esque but gently caress it, it could be worse.

Chester seems fun and I'm finding myself surprisingly receptive to Cecille as a main character, too. Allegra seems fine and I've heard Frost is really silly, but at least she looks neat and has ice powers. I like people with ice powers so she gets a pass.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

This was a really good episode and I think the show has improved by leaps and bounds since the Forces stuff. I'm also on the Nora train, she rules and is a fun addition to the cast.

And Bart's costume looks a million times better than that promo shot that came out a while ago. I'm excited for next week's Flash Family Team-Up.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

So, is it just me who had no idea what was going on with most of this episode's dozen or so concurrent subplots?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
itunes season pass just skipped episode 15 and never put it up.

edit:

if anyone else has this problem, chatting with iTunes customer support led to being able to watch the missing episode.

edit 2:
I always laugh at the different ways they try to hide that Allegra is so much shorter than the rest of the cast.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 7, 2021

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Spacebump posted:

edit 2:
I always laugh at the different ways they try to hide that Allegra is so much shorter than the rest of the cast.

The shot of Dig next to Cecille made him look like Shaq lol

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Cecile is like 4 foot 6 IRL

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I watched the newest episode. They added a lot of green to Diggle's outfit.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Spacebump posted:

I was wondering about that. So much of Arrow took place at night that I wasn't sure if it was there before

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Spacebump posted:

Iirc, it always had pretty strong green accents. The green backlight on the helmet visor was definitely always there.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It has!? Oh man, I thought that was just more hinting at him being a Green Lantern now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Cecile is like 4 foot 6 IRL

Cecile, Allegra and Sue are all completely tiny.

Also the stuff with Esperanza was really bizarre. "I'm dead and its all your fault!" *Turns to ash for some reason*

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Cecile, Allegra and Sue are all completely tiny.

Also the stuff with Esperanza was really bizarre. "I'm dead and its all your fault!" *Turns to ash for some reason*

That really felt to me like one of those "everything goes wrong" scenes that causes someone to go back in time and change things, but doesn't seem like that's going to happen, so I guess they just wanted to immediately undo the only good thing to happen to Allegra in like two years for some reason

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I did laugh at Iris actually appearing in the episode. This was like the third episode where Barry talks to her just off screen and it felt extremely weird like Candice Patton had quit the show or something.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I saw some vague mention that Candice Patton took a mental health break, which considering the current filming conditions seems fair. They did recently announce that the OG cast members signed contract extensions for a hypothetical season 8 so she's not leaving the show. And I'm not super well read on Flash lore, but isn't it a plot point that Iris gets lost in the time stream or something?

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.
How is there not a montage on YouTube of all the times someone says “Nanites, courtesy of Ray Palmer”

(Someone please prove me wrong but I couldn’t find it)

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I remember Oliver saying it when he shot an arrow into Thawne, did it come up another time?

Also you'd think Diggle would know better than to announce his presence right before shooting a gun at a person whose whole deal is being faster than a bullet.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

I did laugh at Iris actually appearing in the episode. This was like the third episode where Barry talks to her just off screen and it felt extremely weird like Candice Patton had quit the show or something.

The past two episodes felt like a really badly done Shyamalan twist where Iris has been dead the whole time and Barry somehow didn't realize it but they spoil it from the beginning.

It was especially weird for her to not appear in an episode revolving entirely around her pregnancy test. Just Barry comically shouting down a hallway a few times updating the hypothetical concept of Iris of what's happening with her character that episode.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

ShakeZula posted:

I remember Oliver saying it when he shot an arrow into Thawne, did it come up another time?

I think that was the first time, but it has been said by a lot of people across all the shows. I know Iris used it once. I can't remember all the other times which is why I was looking in the first place.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

ShakeZula posted:

As best as I can recall, the other time was Iris in Elseworlds after she dosed a body swapped Oliver.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

As best as I can recall, the other time was Iris in Elseworlds after she dosed a body swapped Oliver.

And the look on Ollie’s face when she throws his line back at him is just priceless too :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The start of Elseworlds was top tier stuff, Amell and Gustin had tremendous chemistry.