Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

WarpedLichen posted:

Not really, most of the good unlocks you'll get as you play naturally.

The killing lobsters with fire unlock (demonlore) is by far the slowest one. Demonlore isn't a great weapon due to bad accuracy and low mag size, but if you get something that lets you never reload (arms depot or against the flow + mag capacity), it becomes the best weapon in the game for that run because of an innate stacking damage bonus for hitting crits.

As seen here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8Eqb0Ezuws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I just unlocked Pupil yesterday, and it's pretty good. I still prefer the Illusion, but playing as the Prince with a level two bonus lightning damage enhancement, I was doing some pretty crazy damage in acts 2-3.

I still don't have Demonlore. Some runs you only get 1-2 lobsters, and if you don't have a fire weapon... WELP.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I never actually made a concentrated push to unlock Demonlore but I finally did at about 118 hours in. I genuinely hope they reduce the number of lobsters you have to kill again because 60 is still way too much.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

WarpedLichen posted:

That's my request.

Tiger seems real bad after they nerfed most of his good ascensions last patch? No idea what you do on him now.

To me, he feels like the most consistently powerful character. His innate talents are so good that it's hard to get a bad build on him, and since he fights from afar, he can sacrifice way more survivability than other characters. He also gets bonkers with a certain few snipers, stuff like "create an elemental ball on crit" on Strike Wing or a sniper with "last shot has 200% lucky shot" when coupled with Thunder Strike chaining. And since he gets free snipers from killing elites, he gets a lot of tries to get these weapons.

I feel like the biggest issue hurting build variety right now is that skill damage just doesn't scale very well. It's becoming especially clear in Reincarnation 3+ where even early, a headshot from a good sniper can deal 10,000-20,000 damage while a lightning bolt barely scratches 1k. It's especially difficult to do a skill-based build when you're so heavily reliant on finding the correct ascensions. I almost feel like they should add a gear slot specifically for modifying your primary/secondary skills, just so those builds can consistently keep up.

Hat of Lightning
+300 Lightning Bolt Damage
+450 Thunder Strike Bolt Damage
Your lightning bolt deals an additional 20% of the enemy's current HP as damage (max 3000)

and so on

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

He was nerfed yeah, but he was ridiculous before...

I can't make Dog to work well. He is my least favorite character.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Evil Kit posted:

I never actually made a concentrated push to unlock Demonlore but I finally did at about 118 hours in. I genuinely hope they reduce the number of lobsters you have to kill again because 60 is still way too much.

It's fine, it's just a bit of endgame grinding for arguably one of the most OP weapons in the game.

You can even "Save Scum" this grinding to speed up the process if you really want, that is if you can handle being labeled a dirty save scumming cheater who just commited one of the deadly 7 sins. But since I know we all in here who play Gunfire are "rougelike" players who like meta and have fun in our games and not one of those HARDCORE Rogue purest I'll share this bit of knowledge.

First obvious get to point where you can cruise through Act 3 with a decent fire weapon (Elite Mode is probably best since increase chances and still easy to "speed run" though it), once you have that "right build", you can do this:

1) Kill Act 2 boss and proceed to Act 3, SAVE AT THE CAMP FIRE.

2) Now Run through Act 3 as you normally would and look for those Lobster guys, kill them, grats you added +1 or whatever kills to the games record somewhere.

3) Get to the final area (Boss Stage) BUT DO NOT PROCEED TO THE SHOP GUYS AND HIT THAT INVISIBLE CHECKPOINT.

4) Just ALT+F4 your game instead of moving forward.

5) Load the game back up and now your at the start of Act 3 again where you last saved.

6) SAVE AGAIN! (IMPORTANT: Because I think the game wipes your "temp/take a break save" on reloading the game, so you need to "refresh" the save again.)

7) Rinse and repeat.

This work because the game keeps track of the statistics/monster kill count or whatever separate from your "run save", so you can get 2-4 Lobster kills, reset run, another 2-4, reset run, etc. and those statistics will add up, once you get enough or are done you can just clear Act 3 normal and kill the boss.

Now if you want bullshit grinding for stuff look no further than Deep Rock Galactic, took me like 2 years and almost 90 hours to get my Sticky Flame OC.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
This is a dumb butts game for babies :argh:

:negative:

Trying to go through and finish Normal with all the characters. Had a pretty good run going with fire and lightning gloves, low damage but infinite ammo when dual wielding and hitting enemies, and dashes were insta-reloads anyway. The worst thing was running out of green ammo all the time.

e:
I did the math, 2.66% HP left :smith:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jul 2, 2021

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Dog is the only one that requires some ammo management yeah.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Turin Turambar posted:

Dog is the only one that requires some ammo management yeah.

I'm sure there's some next level weapon combo that pulls from different ammo pools, but so far all of my favorite runs have been with 2 of the same weapons just with different elements or other complimentary attributes. There was actually plenty of green ammo drops, but because the devs decided applying physics to ammo and currency was a good idea they all kept sliding downhill and I couldn't get to them until I fought through the room. Love having to finish off the last few enemies with the Foundry only to find a literal pile of ammo collected up in front of the portal :mad:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Im_Special posted:

It's fine, it's just a bit of endgame grinding for arguably one of the most OP weapons in the game.

*snip*

They could also just make it not super pointlessly tedious and if the gun is too OP they could balance it better.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

quote:

Hero:

Optimized [Tao]'s model

Spiritual Blessings and Occult Scrolls:
1.New Spiritual Blessings:

Painkiller(Universal): Convert all elemental effects applied to the hero to buffs with opposite effect
One Dog Army(Ao Bai): When not dual-wielding, +150% weapon and skill DMG, -20% DMG taken and +3%/s HP recovery
Oppressor (Qing Yan): When your current HP% is greater than or equal to that of an enemy, deal additional 150% DMG to them; Otherwise, take 30% less DMG from them
Sword Mastery (Tao): You can stack "Blade Heart" even when [Swords Out] is on cooldown
Ice Blade (Tao): Deal an additional 10% of enemy's current HP as True DMG (Up to 5,000 True DMG) upon hitting an enemy with a flying sword
Blossom Enthusiast (Tao): -8 hits required to trigger [Fatal Bloom] additional DMG
A good man (Universal): After reviving a teammate, gain a buff for 20s. Grants +2%/s HP recovery, +20% movement speed and +30% weapon and skill DMG with the buff

2.New Enhanced Occult Scrolls:

[Enhanced] Mystic Mirror: Apply "Yang" status to yourself after dealing DMG to an enemy, which grants +50% weapon & skill DMG for 12s. Apply "Yin" status to yourself after taking DMG, which grants -20% DMG taken for 12s
[Enhanced] Elemental Cube: Two elements are randomly designated upon reloading. Grants +50% elemental DMG to both elements and doubles the chance for players to trigger corresponding elemental effect.
[Enhanced] Dual-edge: Gain 1% DMG dealt and 0.2% DMG taken(up to +20% DMG taken) for each enemy you kill.
[Enhanced] Ammo Belt: +150% Ammo Capacity
[Enhanced] Snow Boots: Gain immunity to the Slow Effects and DMG taken from traps.
[Enhanced] Ninja Invincibility: For each second that player doesn't deal any DMG with weapons, +10% weapon DMG (up to 100%).
[Enhanced] Deadly Counter: After taking damage, all hits will become Crit Hits within 6s.
[Enhanced] Silver Medal: Your shield starts recharging with +50% shield recovery speed when you kill an enemy or destroy an item.
[Enhanced] Gold Medal: Recover 15% Max Shield/Armor when you use Primary Skill, Secondary Skill or Dash.
[Enhanced] Magic Magazine: When reloading, there is a 33% chance that no reserve ammo is used. And recovers spare ammo equivalent to the magazine size
[Enhanced] Genesis: When shooting, there is a 30% chance to add extra ammo into the magazine.
[Enhanced] Penetration Bullet: Crit hits deal full DMG directly to enemy's HP rather than Shield/Armor
[Enhanced] Elemental Convergence: +15% elemental DMG for each nearby enemy with Elemental Effect.

3.Occult Scroll Adjustments:

Removed the scroll [Coins of Life]
Adjusted the possibility of obtaining different amounts of occult scrolls while picking up [Mysterious Chest]

User Interface:

Optimized status icon names of enhanced occult scrolls
Added a cooldown timer status icon for the talent [Life Guardian]
Optimized icons of some [Tao]'s ascensions

Special Effect & Model:

Tweaked heroes' heights so that heroes' feet could be fully displayed when standing on the flat ground
Optimized special effect of charging when Ichthyosaurus Offspring summons poisonous ball
Optimized [Ichthyosaurus Offspring]'s appearence cutscene
Added on-screen water-drop special effect for players in the area when [Abyssal Serpent] sweeps the floor with sea waves
Optimized special effect of the ascension [Nova Release] and the occult scroll [Thunder Screen]
Optimized absorbing special effect of the crystals in the daily challenge theme [Crystal Seeker]
Optimized special effects of weapon/scroll drops

Audio:

Added sound effects when flying swords, summoned by [Tao]'s [Swords Out], hit objects with different materials
Optimized sound effects of [Abyssal Serpent]'s skills
Optimized sound effects when the cutscene in which [Abyssal Serpent] appears is playing
Adjusted the volume of the sound effect playing when the wall in [Longling Tomb-Stage 3] is destroyed
Optimized frequency of the hit sounds of weapons

Levels:

Optimized a route in [Duo Fjord-Stage 1]
Tweaked jumping difficulty of a platform in [Desert Ruins]
Adjusted spawn parameter of [Elite Spearman], [Elite Horsehead] & [Elite Arsonist]. These monsters will not show up in small rooms
Adjusted platforming level spawn parameter. Platforming levels will not appear in normal difficulty

Weapons:

Optimized special effect of the weapon skill of [Fire Tower]
Optimized special effect of the weapon skill of [Poisonous Ghost]
Optimized some weapons' idle animation
Optimized muzzle special effect when [Pupil] is fully charged

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I'm pretty interested in some of those new blessings and enhanced scrolls, and also amused that Tao gets three whole blessings to herself. Also they just can't stop tweaking her model huh? I wonder what they changed this time.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I'm gonna hecking doublepost to say I retract my earlier statements about Demonlore: Holy poo poo this gun is good :staredog:

Bunny obviously makes full auto, large mag guns really good but Exclusive inscriptions really are the key to making a weapon god like.

Side note: the new spiritual blessings for Reincarnation mode are great, Painkiller especially solves so many problems (read: slows) that get you killed while also making every elemental Enthusiast worth taking without any other scroll investment.

Side note side note: I got curious and looked it up, the new Bunny model optimizations are a 3d enhancement to her eyelashes. I'm actually pretty happy with the stylization they're adding, it's made her fit in a lot better with the other characters.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Evil Kit posted:

I'm pretty interested in some of those new blessings and enhanced scrolls, and also amused that Tao gets three whole blessings to herself.

She had zero before so I'm guessing every character has 3 now.

wtf tho, those are some insane spiritual blessings. Blossom Enthusiast is probably the most overpowered thing in the game.

Count Uvula fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 3, 2021

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Kanos posted:

They could also just make it not super pointlessly tedious and if the gun is too OP they could balance it better.

Na. Working towards things is good and cool, don't be so entitled and bad. Grindy it maybe, but then the satisfaction of getting it becomes even better.

Speaking of working towards things. The reincarnation climb to 7 is going well with T.G. Tig (who can guess this reference?), I feel the most OP thing in this game (besides spiritual blessings and that Spirit Feline scroll) and the sure way to victory is to always combo your elemental effects, and "Manipulation" (Burning + Shock) is so stupid good on higher reincarnations, and because Tiger has it so easy to apply Lightning with his abilities, you just need a decent weapon of another type, then whatever random proc stick for the 3rd, then it's wham bam thank you ma'am to the finish line.

Oh and then speaking of bad. How are you all building the new girl Tao? I still cannot get a feel for her, it's probably just me that needs to adjust my play-style with her because I tend to be either very close or very distant with my characters and with her it's very mid-range, so it's that or maybe because she's a...

female.

...probably me tho.

I tend to go all in on Bloom ascensions while also trying to snag Warlike Blade and Swordsman for general damage increases from the Mainstay Weapon tree and Luminous Heart from Blade tree because well you take this... But sometimes the game just don't want you to have your things in nice order and so my games flop pretty hard. I can see the damage potential but her survivability is still pretty bad, unlike Bird who can become immortal pretty easily.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Count Uvula posted:

She had zero before so I'm guessing every character has 3 now.

wtf tho, those are some insane spiritual blessings. Blossom Enthusiast is probably the most overpowered thing in the game.

I've only been playing Tao so I had no idea she was the only Hero without Spiritual Blessings. Sure explains why I was so underwhelmed initially by them.

Blade Master is really amazing as well if you're going for a Sword Buff build, being able to stack your primary even during the 3~ seconds of CD it has to be on really helps a lot.

Im_Special posted:

Oh and then speaking of bad. How are you all building the new girl Tao? I still cannot get a feel for her, it's probably just me that needs to adjust my play-style with her because I tend to be either very close or very distant with my characters and with her it's very mid-range, so it's that or maybe because she's a...

I've pretty much been winning all the time forever with her and she is more than capable of being just as immortal as Bird. IMO her strongest builds are Luminous Heart and Sword Shadow + every mainstay weapon ascension I can get my hands on, with preference to Sword Guard (at least one level is required if you see it) > Sword Enthusiast > Warlike Blade. The sheer amount of DPS you can put out along with the survivability from Sword Guard is nuts, especially with a super high firerate weapon, preferably with the exclusive inscription that is +1 projectile +100% Ammo consumption. If you can max out Luminous Heart, as 5 base stacks and less bullets to shoot per stack is real real good. If you haven't gotten any good ways to mitigate ammo consumptions via occult scrolls Ammo Extractor is also a really good pick up.

The only worthwhile Fatal Bloom ascension is Cursed Mark and maybe Blade of Bloom for the extra sword summoning. Cursed Mark is like old Hex Smoke except entirely defensive and would probably be broken if Fatal Bloom didn't have a max range. As fun as her ability builds can be, they drop off fast in higher reincarnations.

In terms of playstyle you can get just as close to enemies as Bird can, though you need to give more respect to the lightning shotgunners in the Desert than Bird does since you have shields instead of armor. High priority occult scrolls are ways to mitigate/solve your ammo problems, defensive scrolls to aid with staying alive while infighting, and the usual dash scrolls. If you see Against the Flow, take that poo poo. Solves 95% of Bunny's ammo issues.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 4, 2021

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Doubleposting to check if anyone else has joined the Gunfire Goon group chat yet? I check in usually when I boot up but it looks like no one else has joined the actual chat yet.

If anyone wants to add me for some Gunfire co-op, here's my steam fc 66644532

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Sure I got about an hour, let's do this! Oh, it's 4am... That's not a problem for you is it?

I am sad though that our little cool kids Goon club is a total failure for finding fellow co-op buddies. :(

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Im_Special posted:

I haven't had great luck with focusing on her active abilities, but her passives are FANTASTIC.

No Escape is about the only Bloom ability I really look out for, but the extra stacks of Blade Heart from Luminous + Swordsman are just fantastic. Sword Guard turns her primary into a solid defensive cooldown, but with Empathy it's a solid passive too.

Mostly I take Warlike Blade at every opportunity and look for stuff like Against The Flow. Pick up a good Illusion, ideally Gemini it with shared ammo pool & +25% ROF and just act like you're playing Doom and there's not even a reload button.

Mintymenman
Mar 29, 2021
Bought the game based on the OP, requested to join the group. I'm not great, but I'm having a blast with it.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I'm playing again with the newest changes, but I generally don't play most games with people I don't know in real life (even though virtually every goon I've ever gamed with has been awesome). I guess I like building a regular crew for most games.

The rabbit is super fun, but I don't think I've fully figured her out yet. I usually take stuff that keys off having a big stack of blades, and then work up blade-oriented skills that don't require actually casting Blades Out often.

I still think I'm a stronger player with the bird (especially after months of playing it exclusively), but it plays so much differently from the other characters that I'm almost having to re-learn how to play now.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

While it is nice not to have to worry about casting Tao's primary constantly, I really think the Mainstay Weapon ascensions that give buffs for the amount of swords you throw are her strongest by far, especially if you can max them out. Her CD is also really low so don't be too afraid to just dump it on a big chunky target or something you need to get out of your face.

Also for the folks in the Gunfire Goons group, make sure you to actually join the Group chat from the community page. You don't get in it automatically once you're in the group.

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!
I've been in the group for a while but I'm curious as to why I was made moderator? Not really complaining just wondering.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

SGR posted:

I've been in the group for a while but I'm curious as to why I was made moderator? Not really complaining just wondering.

Wow, just wow. You ungrateful little... Enjoy your demotion!

And FYI, these are Steam's default settings for groups:

So before getting all mad with POWER, being a moderator is nothing more then like, being a school janitor with a set of bathroom keys.

Basically every goon should be able to invite other goons to this group if requested for, heck if you have a wife (yeah right) that plays or a best friend, invite them too! Just not randoms found from reddit or 4chan who you cannot vouch for, oh, and make sure people that get added actually own the game and play it, not just "Gunfire looks neat" I'll wish-list it for now...

The whole point of the group is to find co-op buddies really, and seeing who's online for that, all members in the group have and play Gunfire (unless refunded) and are SA people, so poke them with drive-by Steam friend invites and friend up, start a random conversation, I'm sure they won't mind. (I'll mind though.)

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Finally got to do co-op with a goon! Had a great time, though I finally learned just how 100% necessary Against the Flow is for Tao on any difficulty above Elite. I realize now I've never made it to the final boss stage without it on her and let me tell you being forced to plink down the Abyssal Serpent from 3/4ths of its health with the pistol was an uh. Experience. Thankfully I had maxed out the Shields from swords ascension so I was nigh unkillable but even so not something I'd want to pull again.

Mintymenman
Mar 29, 2021
It was fun. Got to git gud( or spend less time faffing about with off kilter builds) so as to not bring shame upon my house. Also two Elite Lobsters in one run! Thanks RNG!
Also, thanks Kit for your patience. 140ping, got to figure out what's causing it.

Mintymenman fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jul 16, 2021

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I wanna be in the group (Steam name is same as here), I keep getting smoked halfway into an Elite run so I'm working on clearing Normal with each character. I'm up to the lightning sniper and am actually in the middle of a decent run right now. I wasn't having much luck going all-in on sniping/crit skills because it made me to glass cannon-y and the first time an enemy tanked enough to get within 10m of me I instantly die.

So this time I was focusing on lightning skills and just unlocked the Talismans, are these things supposed to be busted as heck? Free crits with any element I choose is pretty sweet so far. And even without seeking them out I still have a couple of crit+ skills and immediately after picking up the weapon I found the scroll that does bonus crit damage while reducing non-crit damage, which since the Talismans are auto-crit that's just a net plus. The other weird thing I've got going on is the scroll that turns all your shield/armor into health and gives you 2%/sec regen, alongside the character skill that lets me build up stacks based on enemy kills for bonus damage that gets reset whenever my shield breaks, and since I don't have a shield I've just been sitting at max stacks since I got it. Just got to the 3rd area, we'll see how things go tonight but unless something horrible happens (or if I'm just bad... naaaaaaaah) I should at least get to the boss this run.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

I wanna be in the group (Steam name is same as here), I keep getting smoked halfway into an Elite run so I'm working on clearing Normal with each character. I'm up to the lightning sniper and am actually in the middle of a decent run right now. I wasn't having much luck going all-in on sniping/crit skills because it made me to glass cannon-y and the first time an enemy tanked enough to get within 10m of me I instantly die.

So this time I was focusing on lightning skills and just unlocked the Talismans, are these things supposed to be busted as heck? Free crits with any element I choose is pretty sweet so far. And even without seeking them out I still have a couple of crit+ skills and immediately after picking up the weapon I found the scroll that does bonus crit damage while reducing non-crit damage, which since the Talismans are auto-crit that's just a net plus. The other weird thing I've got going on is the scroll that turns all your shield/armor into health and gives you 2%/sec regen, alongside the character skill that lets me build up stacks based on enemy kills for bonus damage that gets reset whenever my shield breaks, and since I don't have a shield I've just been sitting at max stacks since I got it. Just got to the 3rd area, we'll see how things go tonight but unless something horrible happens (or if I'm just bad... naaaaaaaah) I should at least get to the boss this run.

Talisman are a little inefficient ammo wise, but they're still great.

In general... join the group. Gunfire is a very different game solo than in a group.

You can go full glass cannon tiger and be a benefit to the group instead of having to be on your toes all the time.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Takes No Damage posted:

I wanna be in the group (Steam name is same as here)...

Either request to join the group or post your Steam Profile link, because I have no idea how to find people otherwise.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Im_Special posted:

Either request to join the group or post your Steam Profile link, because I have no idea how to find people otherwise.

I tried searching for the group in Steam, then finally thought to just check the OP :downs: Requested!

Relentless posted:

Talisman are a little inefficient ammo wise, but they're still great.

Yeah I'm finding that out, with sniper cat(?) I had a bunch of ammo buffs so I never ran out. I started another run as bunny and guess what dropped before the first portal? But now I have run out of blue ammo several times, though I did just pick up the scroll that doubles ammo capacity so that should help. My fire rate is still pretty slow so I'm focusing on sword damage and flower debuffs, got to the 3rd area pretty handily at least.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Talisman for me is in a weird space of being slightly too awkward to use for Elemental weakness stuff, not fast firing enough to be a good DPS choice and also you have to click a lot. Also just generally underwhelming with most inscriptions. Then again, a lot of weapons just fall into that weird spot after initial impressions where I never really give them a chance again.

I really wish they'd add an option to turn on hold click to fire for semi-auto weapons for things like Dog and Bunny. Some real fun weapons I tend not to use a lot now because I hate how much you gotta click.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Evil Kit posted:

Talisman for me is in a weird space of being slightly too awkward to use for Elemental weakness stuff, not fast firing enough to be a good DPS choice and also you have to click a lot. Also just generally underwhelming with most inscriptions. Then again, a lot of weapons just fall into that weird spot after initial impressions where I never really give them a chance again.

I really wish they'd add an option to turn on hold click to fire for semi-auto weapons for things like Dog and Bunny. Some real fun weapons I tend not to use a lot now because I hate how much you gotta click.

Talismans are one of my favorite weapons because you don't have to aim to deal decent damage. Definitely doesn't reach the heights of the power weapons though.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

WarpedLichen posted:

Talismans are one of my favorite weapons because you don't have to aim to deal decent damage. Definitely doesn't reach the heights of the power weapons though.

I liked them for that at first but then started realizing they're really subpar compared to other weapons ammo efficiency wise without good inscriptions. Aiming in this game is also not that difficult I'd say, so the homing portion isn't quite as valuable as it could be.

It's a big IMO though, this game is all about picking your favorites and learning how to build around them. Doing Melee Cat in reincarnation 3 really hammered that home.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Ive been playing this for a week or so and am a level 70ish doing elite runs. Which leads me to my question: how do you deal with Elite Monks? The AE "gently caress-you" area is huge, and they seemingly heal to full everytime they teleport? Took down a group of 4 of us after we plinked it for 5 minutes and just gave up because we weren't making a dent in it.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Fishstick posted:

Ive been playing this for a week or so and am a level 70ish doing elite runs. Which leads me to my question: how do you deal with Elite Monks? The AE "gently caress-you" area is huge, and they seemingly heal to full everytime they teleport? Took down a group of 4 of us after we plinked it for 5 minutes and just gave up because we weren't making a dent in it.

In our case we mainly just out-dps it, which i realize is not a very helpful answer. Make sure you've got some team synergy going on with elemental reactions and such.

It's absolutely key to get out of the AoE when you can though because it's leeching your health so that's what it's causing it to heal.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

That would explain things. We were on 3/4 people at that point and everytime we'd make a dent someone would get hit with the ae because it was a terrible location, and probably didnt have enough DPS left over to burn him down.

While I'm asking stupid questions: are there tricks to doing the boulder parkours stuff in the desert? I can manage the tomb ones fine but the desert ones always result in me getting myself crushed unless I have triple dash or dash cooldown reduction. The ones with triple boulders and multiple patterns especially really get me.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Fishstick posted:

While I'm asking stupid questions: are there tricks to doing the boulder parkours stuff in the desert? I can manage the tomb ones fine but the desert ones always result in me getting myself crushed unless I have triple dash or dash cooldown reduction. The ones with triple boulders and multiple patterns especially really get me.

The trick is to hope you have a bird on your team who will clear a path for you using their jump ability :v:

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
One tip (besides having people clear boulders for you with their face) is that your movement speed changes depending on which weapon you have out, with melee being fastest, followed by the Forge.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Osmosisch posted:

One tip (besides having people clear boulders for you with their face) is that your movement speed changes depending on which weapon you have out, with melee being fastest, followed by the Forge.

That's gotten a little screwy, the Fire Tower is actually slower than the Foundry, but the Foundry is as fast as some other things:

https://gunfirereborn.fandom.com/wiki/Movement_Speed

tl;dr: Flowing Light or Poisonous Ghost if you have them, else just equip the Foundry for boulder things.

The big secret on the Desert one is do NOT go after the red chest first. Go right, then back left to the main chest. From the main chest you can jump across the boulders to the red chest, and then you're going with boulders instead of against them to get out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

TIL there's more than one chest in boulder parkours