Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Used to be 12 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Logic Probed posted:

So one thing I've noticed since this update that isn't really talked about are the mechanized hounds from the Sisters.

Am I correct in assuming that you get to keep them after killing a Sister? If so, are they moddable and customizable like other pets? What's the deal with them, really?

When you kill (not convert) a sister you get their hound mailed to you and placed in your foundry, ready to claim. It comes pre-configured with random parts and you level it up like moas or deimos pets where you do it once then gild them (at Legs in Fortuna) and do it again. The model/body is what counts for mastery.

When you do the railjack mission to kill your sister you also get a random part blueprint from each sister you kill. Do it in a group for 4 blueprints. The blueprints are tradable. You build the parts in your foundry (takes 24 hours) and then take the parts to Legs in Fortuna to make your own hound. You can go to Legs beforehand to see the different parts and preview the appearance and stats.

The wiki isn't updated yet but you have 4 different segments. The body and legs determine the hp/armor/shield balance. Head and tail are cosmetic. The head, body, and legs come with their own Audit, Prospectus, and Denial precepts but you can swap any precept onto any hound once you've gotten them from any source. The head also determines the weapon you get, but you can switch the weapons around freely as well. The weapons use melee mods.

gnoma fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 7, 2021

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I appreciate that when you start a new lich it lifts the corpus larva up by their rear end. It's so unnecessarily horny that I have to respect it.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
So after I've killed and vanquished my sister of parvos, i can't get back to my railjack. Tried it five times now, i just extract and then I'm in some weird stasis void where I can't exit the mission and everything is blank, I'm just floating out in space. Am i hosed re: sisters till a patch comes?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Guilty posted:

So after I've killed and vanquished my sister of parvos, i can't get back to my railjack. Tried it five times now, i just extract and then I'm in some weird stasis void where I can't exit the mission and everything is blank, I'm just floating out in space. Am i hosed re: sisters till a patch comes?

She won

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Mmmmm not a big fan of this Volatile mission, I assume these pipes are supposed to be marked?
Cause mine sure weren't.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

They are marked but not from a very long distance away, you kind of have to be in the same corner/quarter of the room to have the marker pop up so you still have to bounce around. This tends to not be a problem in a group but it can screw you over solo.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Ok the tenet grigori is loving hilarious with a heavy attack build and is 100% gonna get nerfed, doing 87k slash dot with the disc against exo gokstads, and mirage can fire five of em

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Has anyone here used the tenet envoy/diplos? How fast is the auto-reload while holstered? Is it enough that you could just alternate betwen the two of them and never reload?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

FunkyFjord posted:

They are marked but not from a very long distance away, you kind of have to be in the same corner/quarter of the room to have the marker pop up so you still have to bounce around. This tends to not be a problem in a group but it can screw you over solo.
I always play with map overlay open and i think the symbol shows regardless of range there. Doesn't indicate the exact height but has made dashing to the location to see the 3d marker pretty trivial when i cleared them all solo.

Guilty posted:

i just extract and then I'm in some weird stasis void
Your description is pretty vague, but what does the omni tool tac4 recall warp do for you?

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jul 8, 2021

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Can someone explain how hound mastery works? I've leveled a hec but didn't credit for it in my profile.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

temple posted:

Can someone explain how hound mastery works? I've leveled a hec but didn't credit for it in my profile.

moa rules. Got to level them two times.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

genericnick posted:

moa rules. Got to level them two times.

aw you're right.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I always play with map overlay open and i think the symbol shows regardless of range there. Doesn't indicate the exact height but has made dashing to the location to see the 3d marker pretty trivial when i cleared them all solo.

Your description is pretty vague, but what does the omni tool tac4 recall warp do for you?

Unable to recall to railjack. Imagine the level, but theres no enemies, no resources, nothing to interact with. That's the void

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Has that happened multiple times?

That sounds like a railjack bug that happens increasingly rarely but still sometimes happens.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I see sisters has brought out the "Don't kill" idiots again. And the new "got mine" idiots, who get their sister and then bail from the mission.

Also, god they hit so hard.

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1413056658947944449

Over all it's fun, more stuff to do, but man some of my Melee weapons are hitting like wet noodles.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

FunkyFjord posted:

Has that happened multiple times?

That sounds like a railjack bug that happens increasingly rarely but still sometimes happens.

Six times now. I'm still on the same sister, still can't get the mission rewards

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Guilty posted:

Six times now. I'm still on the same sister, still can't get the mission rewards

That sucks hard and you might want to file a report about it because I don't think I've seen anyone else have that issue.

Anora posted:

Over all it's fun, more stuff to do, but man some of my Melee weapons are hitting like wet noodles.

They've got that silly dr going on, I've found that dual blades and sword and shield weapons with stances that have some super rapid hitting moves do a whole lot better than, say, a stropha heavy attack build or slower harder hitting heavy blades.

E: vvvv legit that sounds like a release-railjack bug that DE has been patching out for a while now, they'll want to know it's still happening in rare instances and honestly are probably working to put a fix in to the next hotfix/update if they do know about it already.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jul 8, 2021

Guilty
May 3, 2003

FunkyFjord posted:

That sucks hard and you might want to file a report about it because I don't think I've seen anyone else have that issue.

Fuuuuuck was hoping someone else had the same issue. Alright guess I'll file a report and not get any new weapons

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Guilty posted:

Unable to recall to railjack. Imagine the level, but theres no enemies, no resources, nothing to interact with. That's the void
I assume the context is solo runs on the switch? Any chance to try it with a full squad from matchmaking?

After 6 finished sisters I've had a few really lousy hosts on PC pubbing with hard desyncs (got me stuck in the railjack artillery room at the bottom, among other things) or terrible lag, but even then i've never run into a softlock like that.

But yeah probably worth recording a video/screenshots to report it. It is day 2-3 after a mainline, and honestly overall this has been much less buggy than i anticipated.

Anora posted:

I see sisters has brought out the "Don't kill" idiots again. And the new "got mine" idiots, who get their sister and then bail from the mission.
I've actually had to do the former once, after i hit word 3 murmurs in a mission and then she spawned on me. I wasnt gonna reset her anger when i was 100% certain to perfect the next stab (which i did 3 minutes later on my next mission).
Turns out you cant make them run away by "downing" them 3 times? They just get back up perpetually. Cmon DE, you had this very problem solved with liches already for a good reason.

For larvling selections i just run solo pluto-hydra with the frame for the element of my choice, kuva ogris 25 ghosts in the zenith granum and then pick up the next crown on the way out. Although ive had 1-2 cases of not getting a larvling spawn after finished with T1 or T2, not entirely sure why. Usually it's fairly consistent, and even if it does i'm +-0 on granum coins.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jul 8, 2021

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

RoadCrewWorker posted:

After 6 finished sisters I've had a few really lousy hosts on PC pubbing with hard desyncs

That reminds me, since I've been away for a while: I presume there still isn't a "DON'T MAKE ME HOST! EVER!" setting? I use the "Laptop" setting which deprioritises me, but I still end up host every now and then and it ruins everyone's day, including mine.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
they still go away after 3 stabs. They stay pretty angry, I had my parazon not count my mod shifting, and after the failure she spawned in the next mission. This isn't lich 1.0, just stab her, and give everyone else her murmurs.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Didn't realize this was on Switch too. Can't wait to get a new Plasmor.

Kitguns can hold two arcanes now. Between my riven, arcanes on the frame and gun, and galvanized mods, my Twin Kohmak are going to utterly shred now.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Anora posted:

I see sisters has brought out the "Don't kill" idiots again.

The what now?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm not shanking my lady if she pops on the first mission and I have no words. Don't wanna touch the rank 5 stove

Guilty
May 3, 2003

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I assume the context is solo runs on the switch? Any chance to try it with a full squad from matchmaking?

Yes and hilariously it ended up with the other guy stuck in the void too and he couldn't get his stuff.

I figured out, if anyone else is having this problem, after you kill the sister you have to chill in the area until your railjack comes back online. If you exit the ship area while the health numbers are greyed out, you'll be stuck in the in between

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

FishMcCool posted:

That reminds me, since I've been away for a while: I presume there still isn't a "DON'T MAKE ME HOST! EVER!" setting
Steve brought this common request up during a devstream and basically said they looked at it and it would cut and likely gently caress up their matchmaking logic so much that it would could create more issues than it would solve. So i wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Guilty posted:

I figured out, if anyone else is having this problem, after you kill the sister you have to chill in the area until your railjack comes back online. If you exit the ship area while the health numbers are greyed out, you'll be stuck in the in between
That reminds me of another fun scripting issue i ran in yesterday. After you defeat a sister, parvos does his lengthy sendoff speach every time, and if you somehow make it to the next boss arena tile for the next sister (which isn't that hard actually) the script trying to spawn her gets blocked because it's not allowed to drop enemies in full view of the players.

So you have to actually herd your squad a decent distance away from the arena tile and hope the script retries.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I can't seem to generate a sister lich. :(

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

smallmouth posted:

I can't seem to generate a sister lich. :(
if the last few days of reports are anything to go by i'd bet that you're not using zenith crowns

really, DE should put in a red flashing notice for that at the granum void coin selection prompt.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I just ran three missions with the Zenith crowns and no go. You only have to get Rank 1, correct? And I obviously have war within and call of tempestarii finished (I'm nearly MR30).

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I...I think I like Railjack now. With all the changes that have happened while I was gone and ESPECIALLY the very competent crew system I'm actually having a lot of fun grinding again.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Yeah I've gotten sisters with every rank of zenith crown. You running hydra? And then waiting for the sister to spawn after you exit the weird temple place?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I think I'm going to start playing through all the new content I've been ignoring for the past year, but man I don't even know where to start.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

sometimes the game just fucks you out of a larva spawn even if you do everything else right, it's a genuine complaint

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Guilty posted:

Yeah I've gotten sisters with every rank of zenith crown. You running hydra? And then waiting for the sister to spawn after you exit the weird temple place?

Yeah, Hydra. I waited around a fair bit afterwards--maybe not long enough. The dork who drops the coins will spawn, but not a potential sister yet.

I have to admit I'm kind of disappointed with the 10 command intrinsic. Maybe it will be cool in practice, but it sounds kind of lame as the crew members are powerful enough.

Edit: I restart and generated one first try, so yay me. Plasmor on the second generation, so double yay me.

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 8, 2021

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I got the magnetic ephemera on my third sister so I can stop torturing myself with this bad element. If puncture is an option, it'll probably be my next one

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

smallmouth posted:

I have to admit I'm kind of disappointed with the 10 command intrinsic. Maybe it will be cool in practice, but it sounds kind of lame as the crew members are powerful enough.

I've gotten a few lucky ones. So far the '50% turret damage by faction/type' seem to be the best. The predominant trait/which pool of talents they get seems to be be based on their highest stat. IE gunnery 4/others 3 = the gunnery pool, if piloting is highest they get a bigger piloting one.

I saw one with 150% crit chance for pistols, which seems potentially hilarious for an on call crew with the right config, but I'm holding out for better.

Does anyone have a toxic tenet envoy (the rocket launcher) and does the innate cold + innate bonus tox combine to viral automatically?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Is there a list of all the elite crew abilities?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Johnny Joestar posted:

sometimes the game just fucks you out of a larva spawn even if you do everything else right, it's a genuine complaint
Oh yeah, ive seen it happen once out of 7-9 spawns. I suspect some of the hand locations are cursed or "too close" to level exit, but the actual bug is probably more banal and stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

TheParadigm posted:

I've gotten a few lucky ones. So far the '50% turret damage by faction/type' seem to be the best. The predominant trait/which pool of talents they get seems to be be based on their highest stat. IE gunnery 4/others 3 = the gunnery pool, if piloting is highest they get a bigger piloting one.

I saw one with 150% crit chance for pistols, which seems potentially hilarious for an on call crew with the right config, but I'm holding out for better.

Does anyone have a toxic tenet envoy (the rocket launcher) and does the innate cold + innate bonus tox combine to viral automatically?

I got a fire tenet envoy and it does have bonus fire damage on the rocket hit itself and blast in the explosion itself so I guess tox would get viral too.