Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

im going to celebrate with a traditional english unseasoned dog knuckle and rat face pie, and pint of *reads English beer notes* Carling????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

That penalty for Sterling's dive was bullshit if you ask me

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Its too early for me to make heads or tails of this but lol if this is true

https://twitter.com/DavidMooney/status/1412859116649865217

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Wizard Master posted:

That penalty for Sterling's dive was bullshit if you ask me

I'm asking op

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Congratulations England on making it to your first Euros final ever. All it took was an easy route, an almost permanent home advantage while the opposing fans are pretty much banned from even entering the country and a sympathetic referee. Well, at least you have shown during the entire tournament what great sportsmen your countrymen are.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/Dan_KP/status/1413082224631689216

lol

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

kick them out imo, can't have any of that in our beautiful game

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
UEFA are charging England for a bunch of stuff including the laser pen in Kasper's face, disturbance during the anthem and setting off fireworks. Would be the biggest of lols if we make the final on home soil and end up having to play it behind closed doors cause of our wanker fans

e: f,b :negative:

Carrier
May 12, 2009

lmao yes england has the only supporters to ever boo a national anthem

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I hope we launch fireworks at all the Italy players tbh

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
the laser pen thing is fair enough but wtf is with the drama around anthem booing? the idea that it's new or that it only happens in england is bizarre.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

peanut- posted:

the laser pen thing is fair enough but wtf is with the drama around anthem booing? the idea that it's new or that it only happens in england is bizarre.

None of these dipshits have ever watched football and just want a reason to feel morally superior to a bunch of people who are happy for once because they don’t actually have a personality or interests

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Bape Culture posted:

Put fireworks on Harry Kane's boots so when he kicks the ball in the goal there's explosions and stuff

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

peanut- posted:

I can't really say Ive ever seen it before outside of very hated opponents but maybe I haven't been paying attention. It did strike me as very petty and smalltime.

TheRat fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jul 8, 2021

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

err posted:

Congratulations England on making it to your first Euros final ever. All it took was an easy route, an almost permanent home advantage while the opposing fans are pretty much banned from even entering the country and a sympathetic referee. Well, at least you have shown during the entire tournament what great sportsmen your countrymen are.

lmao

is this how italy/portugal fans get to feel in basically every tournament?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That's real good aim with a laser pen. Most people can barely hit their powerpoint presentation while standing right next to it.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

sebzilla posted:

Put fireworks on Harry Kane's boots so when he kicks the ball in the goal there's explosions and stuff

This is a good idea

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lol whats even happening anymore

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Carrier posted:

lmao yes england has the only supporters to ever boo a national anthem

These stories always come out after CL/EL games and it turns out ‘team fined by UEFA for COVID breaches’ means that €1000 has been collected because a sign wasn’t properly laminated or some asinine poo poo.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

err posted:

:qqsay:

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

err posted:

:qq:

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Lol England cheating

I don't know if anyone else watched the game but Denmark were bad and deserved to lose.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i honestly don't think we can beat italy especially in a game of shithousery, but honestly it would be funny if we win just to watch a bunch of american football av posters who are all suddenly european melt down

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

TheRat posted:

I can't really say Ive ever seen it before outside of very hated opponents but maybe I haven't been paying attention. It did strike mas a very petty and smalltime.

Otoh national anthems are dumb and should be booed all the time

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

unban pissflaps for the final

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Raffles posted:

:yikes:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I thought Brexit meant we no longer had to listen to diktats from petty small minded uefacrats? Boris pls advise

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Raffles posted:

Don't loving do this

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Raffles posted:

No

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

I thought Brexit meant we no longer had to listen to diktats from petty small minded uefacrats? Boris pls advise

Superleague will save football

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I don't know if you've been watching but the England fans have booed every opponents national anthem. The German one was almost completed drowned out by boos for the first few bars

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
:qq:

https://twitter.com/TomAllnuttAFP/status/1413050582697398272?s=20

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Tears in my eyes

https://twitter.com/TheSportsman/status/1412767701114699780

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

"One of the best euros ever" seems a bit of a stretch. From a neutral standpoint there havent been that many great games. A few real bangers - sure - but over all I wouldn't call it anything special.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I love the people who get upset that the England team has played (most) games at home. There's always a host nation lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Flayer posted:

I love the people who get upset that the England team has played (most) games at home. There's always a host nation lol

i'm sure italy and spain will start kicking off about it now

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

i'm sure italy and spain will start kicking off about it now

lol

https://twitter.com/sgevans/status/1413097694155976709

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
If the Italians get mad about it we're chalking off one of their world cups and their only euros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

TheRat posted:

"One of the best euros ever" seems a bit of a stretch. From a neutral standpoint there havent been that many great games. A few real bangers - sure - but over all I wouldn't call it anything special.

Ive enjoyed every single second of it and every new championship is the best one ever (except qatar 2022!!!!)