Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Tickets have been popping in and out so it might not be completely sold out.

i keep trying i keep getting ticket not available when i try to put it in the cart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

How much were the combo tickets? I'm preparing to grab them tomorrow for the Chicago shows.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Today was just the presale, tomorrow is Real On-Sale, there will be more tickets.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So Fyter Fest is probably Christian vs Kenneth?

Kenny said his next defense would be at Fight for the Fallen in his promo last night, so still possible.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Do you think there's a longer game here with the Dan Lambert/Lance Archer stuff? The usual thing that would happen is that his MMA people would have jumped the railing to save him/chase Lance off after everything happened but they just seemed to love seeing him get his rear end kicked as much as everyone else. I figured it'd be some sort of Hager tie-in with the MMA stuff, so seeing Archer involved was a surprise.

Think Lambert brings in some MMA guy to wrestle Archer at All Out or something? Was this just a fun one-and-done thing since Lambert is based around Miami?

Unrelated, Ethan Page is going to kick everybody's rear end because of fashion:

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1413153911926448137

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Dark thread is closed, so I'm just going to leave this here

Cael posted:

memento DON'T BELIEVE HIS LIES picture edited with Joey in it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ethan Page owes me money

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I got tickets to all out hell yes.

I was in a zoom meeting at the time so I had to mute my mic and kill my video for a minute while I freaked out lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Deathlove posted:

Today was just the presale, tomorrow is Real On-Sale, there will be more tickets.

The vast majority of tickets are gone so getting them tomorrow will be really tough.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

IcePhoenix posted:

I got tickets to all out hell yes.

I was in a zoom meeting at the time so I had to mute my mic and kill my video for a minute while I freaked out lol

I managed to snag a couple of nosebleeds for me and my wife. I'm nervous we won't be able to see well (209, row 5), but I'm happy we at least got in.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MassRafTer posted:

Tickets have been popping in and out so it might not be completely sold out.

That happens with all these, it’s usually people who had a bunch of browser windows in line or had a browser crash or whatever finally getting timed out and the tickets that were held for them released. It’s effectively a sell out but if you’re super fast and lucky (since there’s hundreds of other people doing the same) you can still manage to grab tickets for a couple hours afterward as they trickle in.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I think it's possible that Omega has to face the No 1 contender at Fight for the Fallen and doesn't want to face Hangman. Next match Page has, Kenny and his entourage cost him the win, moving him back down in the rankings. So then there's the story of a furious motivated Page winning matches every week to try to move back up to No 1 to face Kenny at All Out.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Please announce more stuff for Dallas. I'm already going but I'd really like to know if I'm getting more than a 2 hour Britt Baker marathon.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Shinjobi posted:

Please announce more stuff for Dallas. I'm already going but I'd really like to know if I'm getting more than a 2 hour Britt Baker marathon.

You gotta factor in Elevation, it'll be a 2:40 Bakerthon.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
i was in the queue for Tickets for All Out and the only tickets available were way in the back once I got in, so had to pass. Maybe someday AEW will come closer to my town than a 5 hour drive.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ozymandius1024 posted:

I managed to snag a couple of nosebleeds for me and my wife. I'm nervous we won't be able to see well (209, row 5), but I'm happy we at least got in.

I have the nosebleediest seats possible lol (section 216 row 9) but they're middle-ish and on the aisle so I'm pumped

e: also a friend of mine has been to the arena before and said that there's basically no bad seat since the arena isn't very big

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 8, 2021

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shinjobi posted:

They announced 4 matches for Austin on last night's show, so you'll probably get some match announcements on Dynamite next week. I think the only thing we knew for sure going into last night was Starks/Cage, and now we have Darby/Ethan, Hardy/Christian, Mox/Karl, and Penelope/Yuka.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Listened to the whole Charlie interview while mowing my lawn. What a pleasant interview, Charlie is a great artsy guy.
(and the "infiltration" wasn't as dramatic, Sammy did a tank thing in a video like two years ago and Charlie told Sammy he was getting heat for real from that, to knock it off. Then when asked if he wanted to be in the Vlog he jumped at the chance)

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

ozymandius1024 posted:

I was towards the back of the 200s for All In 2018 and they were great.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
We didn't get a Miro segment last night? I'm scared for the future :ohdear:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ok, so thoughts on Dynamite:

~ I know QT Marshall is out of his league in this Cody feud and indeed that's half the point but you could have at least given him a goddamn entrance, poo poo.
~ Ok, hopefully with crowds back and somebody on his level to feud with Cody can get back on track in terms of being entertaining.
~ I know we don't want Black to lose to Cody but suddenly I'm thinking "Between the Bucks, Kenny, MJF, Miro and now probably Andrade, how many strongly booked heels do you need?"
~ Black having a vision for his character is good despite it being edgelord stuff. I am here for 'Malachai Black' possessing Tommy End.
~ This MJF/Jericho segment was probably the best one that didn't involve a fever dream or a new group debuting
~ I want Sammy to be the 5th opponent. Maybe have it be hair vs hair or something just so Sammy has incentive to not lie down for Jericho.
~ I said after DoN that Lance Archer was AEW's Kane and this pretty much sealed it.
~ It is so good that Adam Page is over. So, lose at FftF because of bullshit, get a second shot because of Bullshit, win at All In? I'm fine with that.
~ I guess it turns out that Callis not being on commentary for the Bucks loss last week was kind of a tell. They don't want Callis eating crow right now.
~ Awesome street fight even if the winner was never in doubt. I never felt like Best Friends v2.0 was the team to beat them anyway.
~ Darby isn't a great promo but a good talker. Ethan Page is good at both. Not great at both and I still question how good he'll be after moving on from his forever rival.
~ With two Pages and two Cages I'm starting to get why WWE doesn't like overlap. Even if it's not that big of a deal.
~ That dude whose name I don't remember is a great promo for an MMA trainer. Wonder if the time would be better used if it was given to Nyla for a 3 minute squash given she hasn't been much of a factor in her own title feud.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Tarnop posted:

Dark thread is closed, so I'm just going to leave this here

lol perfect

last night after dynamite, all i could think about was joey and sonny's promo on dark. still the best wrestling content of the week

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Now all I need is tickets to the Big Gay Brunch and my All Out weekend itinerary will be complete!

(I'm going to be sooooooooo tired...)

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
and signs. i'm so happy signs are back. been thinking about this one

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/WrestleTix/status/1413169534752657414

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Managed to get two combo tickets for the Chicago show. Feelin real good about the wrasslin

Edit: drat I got in right before they all sold out. Holy poo poo

SethSeries fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jul 8, 2021

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

So that leaves 700-1000 tickets for tomorrow.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if any of you All Out goons want a good hang out/eating rec near the NOW Arena, i suggest The Lucky Monk in Barrington, really great food/brews

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Penguin Patrol posted:

and signs. i'm so happy signs are back. been thinking about this one

:hmmyes:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lamuella posted:

One less than before if Ryzin isn't coming on the road with them :(

i like ryzin a lot. hes funny and has great comedic timing

Lamuella posted:

One of the most incredible things about AEW right now in terms of talent is that if you were told to put together a show for next week only featuring wrestlers not pictured on TV this week it would be absurdly easy.

seriously

Rarity posted:

I'm really impressed that Ethan Page has managed to turn my opinion on him around completely. Loved his promo with JR

i like that they're bringing their indie past into the fold. ethan is super good

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

smarxist posted:

if any of you All Out goons want a good hang out/eating rec near the NOW Arena, i suggest The Lucky Monk in Barrington, really great food/brews

That's where we went before Revolution last year, and agreed.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

ChrisBTY posted:

~ I want Sammy to be the 5th opponent. Maybe have it be hair vs hair or something just so Sammy has incentive to not lie down for Jericho

Oh man. I didn't think of this and now am convinced. This would be the most heel move ever by MJF and it would also make the match really dramatic if MJF chose Sammy as the opponent Jericho had to beat to get to him.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like that AEW lets guys acknowledge their indie roots and don't automatically use it as a shame stick.

WWE's hahah lookit these bingo hall losers stuff was tired in the 90s.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

ChrisBTY posted:

~ I want Sammy to be the 5th opponent. Maybe have it be hair vs hair or something just so Sammy has incentive to not lie down for Jericho.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

smarxist posted:

thanks, i could use some more recs. my last two experiences in that area were pretty terrible outside of the wrestling stuff. i'm staying in actual chicago this time instead of near the arena so that should make the trip a bit better

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

shock collar match. Sammy vs Jericho.

MJF has a big stage apparatus with two huge buttons.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

JUNGLE BOY posted:

thanks, i could use some more recs. my last two experiences in that area were pretty terrible outside of the wrestling stuff. i'm staying in actual chicago this time instead of near the arena so that should make the trip a bit better

my favorite city rec is the restaurant "Q", they have these mac and cheese brisket skillets that are amazing

and its name is really funny in 2021, get some pics, tell your friends you're eating babies

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I hope AEW comes to Kentucky sooner or later I wanna go to an event. :(

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Waffleopolis posted:

I hope AEW comes to Kentucky sooner or later I wanna go to an event. :(

Same but Minnesota. I'm probably waiting till next summer if they're not coming around all out though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I want Minny or Winnipeg for proximity reasons