Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Steak umms actually make your dick bigger according to steakology studies monthly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

i wonder if any of them were those researchers who were behind the whole "smoking prevents covid" thing but i'm too lazy to check

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That was some French company.

Americanized link: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04583410

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

time is a flat circle

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Homocow posted:

time is a flat circle

To be fair they're not saying it's a good thing, just that they like them :colbert:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Meanwhile here's Dr. Kool straight-up prescribing smoking:

Are you really gonna argue with Dr. Kool??

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Shame Boy posted:

Meanwhile here's Dr. Kool straight-up prescribing smoking:

Are you really gonna argue with Dr. Kool??

I'm not arguing with any penguin who managed to get a medical degree

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
drat i want that cigarette lamp

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Oh man, this penguin fucks:

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Didn't the original hyperloop/tesla tunnel design have a sled that was supposed to cart the car to whatever destination?

That would have avoided a lot of the problems of the fire/user error etc.

Not that Im defending Elon just that his current prototypes are just laughably so far away from that concept its like ordering out of a comic book from the 50s.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

While looking at cigarette ads just now I found this collection of ones that try to get you to inhale the smoke and they're making me very uncomfortable:

https://www.cpp.edu/~teachingwomen/resources/tobacco/Inhaling.pdf

It just gets more and more demanding as you scroll down:

But then, a true American hero saves us :patriot:

Mister Gorbachev,

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Single lane tunnel you'll flip over in if you swerve even a little bit

Great idea

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

apatheticman posted:

Didn't the original hyperloop/tesla tunnel design have a sled that was supposed to cart the car to whatever destination?

Not that Im defending Elon just that his current prototypes are just laughably so far away from that concept its like ordering out of a comic book from the 50s.

The hyperpoop is a different thing. The boring company tunnel is quite literally what I said - elon wants his own private tunnel between his house and the airport so he doesn't ever have to interact with poors. Like it 100% came from that, completely separately from the hyperpoop.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this is the Diaper Loop

easy mistake to make

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

more like hyperpoop lmao

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

apatheticman posted:

At that point it just a subway except instead of being able to move hundreds of people at a time, there is a max of 5.

Honestly let's be frank about the hyper tunnel. It is supposed to reduce traffic for rich people while using public funds. The barrier of $50,000 is part of the design.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Shwqa posted:

At that point it just a subway except instead of being able to move hundreds of people at a time, there is a max of 5.

there’s a max of 4 cause it needs a dedicated driver despite being a one lane tunnel on rails

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Shame Boy posted:

Actual scientists can generally see through the bullshit and know to ignore the obvious plant but the general public (and most importantly, legislators) sure as hell can't.

Yeah it has a journal Impact Factor of 1.2 or something, so it will be ignored by scientists and trumpeted by lobbyists and captured congressmen

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
America: Tobacco recommended by doctors, marijuana can result in federal charges

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

skooma512 posted:

Also just big enough for a sedan, a form factor that gets larger every year and is increasingly being replaced in favor of even larger vehicle classes.

thats not a sedan op

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shame Boy posted:

Actual scientists can generally see through the bullshit and know to ignore the obvious plant but the general public (and most importantly, legislators) sure as hell can't.

If they're supportive to Juul the legislators are just closing the loop on the scam.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Those tunnels look like they’d be a feature in some Fallout knock off to explain Fast Travel

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I think I fought some ghouls in them in F3

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Colonel Cancer posted:

I think I fought some ghouls in them in F3

The Ghoul Tunnel was New Vegas. It was a back entrance into the Boomer bomb zone.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
:goonsay:

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/hamiltonnolan/status/1412912370800791552

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I was like "I bet there's at least one idiot in the twitter replies" and was not disappointed

https://twitter.com/WeisLime/status/1412916277425881092

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

the clippers should be barred, yes

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

I was like "I bet there's at least one idiot in the twitter replies" and was not disappointed

https://twitter.com/WeisLime/status/1412916277425881092

“Dad, runner, deep history nerd, supply chain, vagabond, was not aware I had to have a position on the royals, ethnic Catholic.”

weird, he forgot, “literal pile of poo poo baking in the hot summer sun”

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Close thread. There aren't even any capitalists itt

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what the gently caress is an ethnic catholic? is that how you say Italian-American POCishly?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

:airquote: ethnic catholic :airquote:

Efb, I assume its some chud poo poo.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

it's just a weird way of saying you do catholic tradition stuff with your family but never go to mass

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

It could mean Irish American, Italian American, even Latin American! Or just that he considers himself to be like the Pope in account of being too rich.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
A little capitalism hack for all you fellow workers with resume gaps

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Just to confirm: lying on your resume is a pretty good strategy.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

BonHair posted:

Just to confirm: lying on your resume is a pretty good strategy.

Yeah, I think everyone knew that already, but this lie is so particularly good. If you made up a job to cover the gap, they could in theory call and check, but this is completely undefeatable.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
until they find your drat grandparents are still alive while they are digging through all your social media

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

other people posted:

until they find your drat grandparents are still alive while they are digging through all your social media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBqxGflm978

just keep killing different grandparents every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

other people posted:

that just means you were great at your job