Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bring back Retribution but they have spooky powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
TEE BAR PINK SLIP

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Rarity posted:

Excited to see the excuses when the first live Raw pulls a 1.6

i might watch

no promises.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MJeff posted:

Andrade, PAC, Cody, Miro and Tommy End all either got cut or asked to be cut. Matthew Adams looks to be right around the corner. Mox let his contracts lapse because he was so sick of it there.

That is a preposterous amount of talent that they basically just tossed in the garbage. It's insane. And it's probably not gonna stop! WWE is gonna keep cutting guys! And AEW is gonna keep signing them and making them look like loving stars!

This isn't even getting into super valuable vets like Jericho, Christian Cage, Sting, Dustin Rhodes, etc. who WWE thought had nothing left to contribute. And, of course, Mr. Brodie Lee. :911:

I feel like Sonjay Dutt is a real telling sign, too. When your road agents are just blatantly jumping ship to your biggest competitor, that’s bad news.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Wasn't Dutt supposed to be a big part of their latest attempt at breaking into the Indian market?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

I feel like Sonjay Dutt is a real telling sign, too. When your road agents are just blatantly jumping ship to your biggest competitor, that’s bad news.

Vince probably figures it'll go just like the 90s. He's probably already booking the AEW "invasion" in his head.

He's gonna Job hangman to Roman Reigns. Adam Page is going to given a southern hick gimmick.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

forums poster is already booking vince booking the aew invasion

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Don't worry WWE and the networks are on the case.

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1413158095010811908

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Drakkel posted:

People absolutely love the Roman Reigns stuff even though it's basically just the same poo poo every week with a different Uso depending on which ones had a DUI this week...

Right, and it's all but guaranteed he'll go over Cena at SummerSlam, go over the Rock at Mania, go over randos in between, and then, um

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

And this should work out considering the ratings started going down ever since she was put in charge about twenty years ago.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Cavauro posted:

forums poster is already booking vince booking the aew invasion

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

And this should work out considering the ratings started going down ever since she was put in charge about twenty years ago.

Evolution is a mystery, a lot of change that nobody sees

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is a trick from Nick Khan. He knows that the McMahons will want to put themselves on TV to try and solve the problem, but it will make the problem worse and he'll be able to take over the company even more easily.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Steph's pitch for better ratings will be for her to emasculate and bury a well-liked talent every week, just like the good old days

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

overmind2000 posted:

I can only take a few of the clips that get posted here every week. THE EVIL IS MINE is the worst loving catchphrase in wrestling

"ACKNOWLEDGE ME" is so lame I just turn off the channel when I see it

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I can't wait for the semi-annual segment where the McMahon family all come out and promise that the show won't be dogshit anymore while doing literally nothing about it.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Steph's pitch for better ratings will be for her to emasculate and bury a well-liked talent every week, just like the good old days

Thanks to WWE booking, no one is well-liked any more.

Steph's pitch is to bring back the Authority, naturally.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

short of killing someone live on network television, I'm not sure what else WWE can do to stop the bleeding.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Boneyard Match 2
Wyatt Family Reboot
Cena returns
Live sex celebration
WWE championship Karrion Kross
Kane
Shield 2: Hypercube
The Authority returns
Uhhhh

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They're probably planning another Legends Night.

They're probably begging John Cena and The Rock to make an appearance, any appearance (even if it's a lovely cell phone taped promo).

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

coconono posted:

short of killing someone live on network television, I'm not sure what else WWE can do to stop the bleeding.

book good storylines and treat their talent with respect, while also not talking down to or insulting the audience

and while I'm asking for impossible things, fire kevin dunn so the camera shots stop being terrible

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

rotinaj posted:

book good storylines and treat their talent with respect, while also not talking down to or insulting the audience

and while I'm asking for impossible things, fire kevin dunn so the camera shots stop being terrible

Pretty much this, tried and true would likely help.

Of course, this means Vince McMahon's going to have to step down, and, welp.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

rotinaj posted:

Ok, that might work, but hear me out: More Charlotte.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Oh yeah Brock

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Eat butt, steph

More slapjack

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shinjobi posted:

Eat butt, steph

now this would TV ratings. back that thing up, Hunter.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Rock pre-taped promo? Triple H literally offering his rear end to Stephanie? Never mind the Invasion, you guys are fantasy booking the Raw 10th anniversary show in 2021.

http://wrestlecrap.com/inductions/raw-tenth-anniversary/

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Rock pre-taped promo? Triple H literally offering his rear end to Stephanie? Never mind the Invasion, you guys are fantasy booking the Raw 10th anniversary show in 2021.

This is funny since Chyna said on Stern that she let Hunter in her butt but "got to hurt him back".

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Wrestling's cyclical.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

DeathChicken posted:

It's darkly funny the McMahons are so cozy with Trump, since they both perpetually fail upwards on the back of "It's fine to give me money because my brand is very successful if you take me at my word and don't actually look at it"

When you’re rich, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Drakkel posted:

I can't wait for the semi-annual segment where the McMahon family all come out and promise that the show won't be dogshit anymore while doing literally nothing about it.

I just remembered the whole 'you, the fans, are in charge' thing at the end of 2018 was also in response to a ratings slump. I'd love to see how many viewers they were pulling in then compared to now

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Boneyard Match 2
Wyatt Family Reboot
Cena returns
Live sex celebration
WWE championship Karrion Kross
Kane
Shield 2: Hypercube
The Authority returns
Uhhhh

We Just Need Triple H

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Rarity posted:

I just remembered the whole 'you, the fans, are in charge' thing at the end of 2018 was also in response to a ratings slump

didnt they also do this because they were positive they had omega and the bucks in the bag

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

I just remembered the whole 'you, the fans, are in charge' thing at the end of 2018 was also in response to a ratings slump. I'd love to see how many viewers they were pulling in then compared to now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRbhkuvq2xc Says Dec 17 2018, which averaged 2.55mil

This week's Raw averaged 1.472mil

Not as impressive a drop as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M2jL7tgqlo which was 7 years ago to the month and had 4.43mil

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Not as impressive a drop as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M2jL7tgqlo which was 7 years ago to the month and had 4.43mil

arguably the best piece of comedy WWE ever made, and it keeps getting funnier

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Improved to a decline

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
you, the Thunderdome screens, are in charge

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

funniest promo is still HHH hinting that something was coming, referring to Omega/Elite possibly being signed until Khan's 11th hour offer

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The funniest part of the promo is how when the Elite didn't show they rushed up Nikki/Lars/EC3/Lacey/Heavy Machinery and when no one cared about that they also rushed up Black/Ricochet/DIY and in the process wrecked 18 months of NXT main event storylines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

loving up EC3 is still impressive. Esp considering how easy he got over just about everywhere else.