Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

fravor is absolutely a blowhard dork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os1j_q6F4_s

someone is working on a craft capable of intercepting the next Oumuamua??

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

:tinfoil:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Rah! posted:

yeah

for example check out this mistake fravor made about his own radar lol

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/nimitz-tic-tac-fravor-dietrich-encounter-missile-hypothesis.11838/

mick west is v. cool nowadays, maybe im just a simpleton but thats a pretty strong debunking argument honestly.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Google Butt posted:

fravor is absolutely a blowhard dork

dude is a total dork with something to prove who was alive at precisely the right moment in history, after fighter pilots had to actually fight anyone and during an era of hollywood glamorization of the job, but right before unmanned tech made them completely obsolete

and that is part of why we have as much public information as we do, because the other pilots present were professionals who aren't nearly so interested in attention whoring

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Google Butt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os1j_q6F4_s

someone is working on a craft capable of intercepting the next Oumuamua??

yep, it seems a cool idea
https://breakthroughinitiatives.org/initiative/3

mind you, by craft they mean a couple microchips, sensors, and camera attached to a sail. like the guts of your phone, weighing only a few grams.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

The only thing worse than a dork is a company man

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Sleekly posted:

mind you, by craft they mean a couple microchips, sensors, and camera attached to a sail. like the guts of your phone, weighing only a few grams.

Should shoot out like a hundred of these things

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Google Butt posted:

Should shoot out like a hundred of these things

yeah thats the idea! and they should be able to get to very very fast speeds too. spray tech jizm all over and see what we can see.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

techspermia, if u will

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Maybe we should sweep the solar system for someone else's confetti

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
we've been listening for radio waves, but we should have been sweeping for creeper cams instead :tinfoil:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Slavvy posted:

turns out it's just bullshit for an alien gender reveal party. novelty ancient-style space probes colored beige (to signify the 39th gender) and littered across the galaxy

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Slavvy posted:

Unrelated but it amuses me that someone took the time to proof your red text in MS word because they clearly copied over one of those microsoft smart quotes but didn't bother to see that the forums don't render nonstandard characters before buying it

Back to the topic
I get the vibe from Lue's latest interviews that's he really pushing the "don't call these aliens/these aren't spielberg aliens like we're told" so I'm leaning heavy into at least the ones we are seeing in these reports being some sort of highly advanced synthetic intelligence

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Wheeee posted:

I'm starting to think there's going to be a lot of actually devastated people on the 18th when nothing happens, throawaylien isn't just a thing in this thread

for the uninitiated:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Throawaylien/comments/nn4usq/resources_and_links/

i wouldn't say i believe it, per se, but i did order a banjo just in case

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Unrelated but it amuses me that someone took the time to proof your red text in MS word because they clearly copied over one of those microsoft smart quotes but didn't bother to see that the forums don't render nonstandard characters before buying it

Back to the topic
I get the vibe from Lue's latest interviews that's he really pushing the "don't call these aliens/these aren't spielberg aliens like we're told" so I'm leaning heavy into at least the ones we are seeing in these reports being some sort of highly advanced synthetic intelligence

theyre grays until proven otherwise

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

the space drones’ hulls are metallic gray, yes

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Delta-Wye posted:

i wouldn't say i believe it, per se, but i did order a banjo just in case

I can play Green Green Rocky Road so as long as they like folk americana I'm covered
otherwise you could all grab one of those seagull merlin guitars (basically a long necked dulcimer) because they're designed in such a way that you can't play unpleasant notes

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

seagull merlin guitars

bird guitars for birds

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

grays are just robots tho

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

grays, Nordics, reptilians etc. are all constructs of the synthetic aliens, the question is if they're actual physical matter (reconfigurable nanobot swarms) or just projections (either EM radiation or pure mental)

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

grays are just dudes in masks though

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
the US national security state "evangelicals" are actually fanatical members of a lesser known religion of wormism. theyre actual spineless worms!

they hate birds!

their crowning achievement is the colonization of america and the eradication of the "passenger menace" which they edited out mentions of out of the bible which is the king james bible

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 05:26 on Jul 9, 2021

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

You down with well you know me

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

The week's already almost over
did he mean next week
or just weeks in general are interesting as a concept

theyre projecting the idea of aitee in his head, its like the ides of march but alien time so exactly 10.18 days coincidentally starting starting on 8 and ending on 18 but its also the position of the planet not the angle so no way to know which time it begins/ends/pops off and he doesnt either hes just talking

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 05:46 on Jul 9, 2021

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I wish I could say that I've seen a uap but I never have despite looking up at the sky all the time, I'm even looking at the sky right now

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Shifty Nipples posted:

I wish I could say that I've seen a uap but I never have despite looking up at the sky all the time, I'm even looking at the sky right now

try looking at the trees, in those little constructions they make from twigs

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

it’s all just a load of ball lightning says this casual observer

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Nichael posted:

try looking at the trees, in those little constructions they make from twigs

i want to say that's a utp but my nerd brain is imagining trees made out of network cables

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Sleekly posted:

nice a mark zuckerberg joint

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

tech billionaires are all quietly funding the horrors of our nightmare cyberpunk future

soon shall be a time everyone longs for the before times, when our world was ruled by oil oligarchs who didn't believe in science

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

think i posted this earlier when it was live but whatever, here's an interview with lue from today:

https://youtu.be/MFD9rCfY8NQ

'I haven't spoken about this publicly yet, but I suspect that this is going to be an interesting week. I think there are some voices that haven't been heard yet"

maybe something new this Friday!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Wheeee posted:

'I haven't spoken about this publicly yet, but I suspect that this is going to be an interesting week. I think there are some voices that haven't been heard yet"

hasn't he said this every week?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

bedpan posted:

hasn't he said this every week?

are u not entertained? its been pretty busy regarding ufos the last few months no matter how you slice it

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

munce
Oct 23, 2010

21 Jan 1988
UFO encounter on Nullarbor Plain reported

ADELAIDE: A Perth family say they were terrorised by a UFO which plucked their car from the road on the Nullarbor Plain.
Police said yesterday that they were taking the report seriously after investigating damage to the car, which was covered in an ash-type substance.
A truck driver and a car driver also witnessed the bizarre event after being chased by the UFO along the Eyre Highway just inside the Western Australia border.
Mrs Faye Knowles and her three sons, Patrick, 24, Sean, 21, and Wayne, 18, were about 40km west of Mundrabilla driving toward South Australia when they first saw the glowing object about 2.45am yesterday.
They told police they had watched as it chased the truck and car, which were travelling in the opposite direction, before turning and landing on their own vehicle.
"It apparently picked the car up off the road, shook it quite violently and forced the car back down on the road with such pressure that one of the tyres was blown," a police spokesman said.
"While this was happening the family said their voices were distorted and it was as if they were talking in slow motion."
Mrs Knowles told police the UFO turned the car around and placed it back on the road facing in the opposite direction. Once they were back on the road they had
jumped out and fled into the bush where they hid for some time before going back and changing the wheel.
They drove to Ceduna in the far west of South Australia and reported the incident to local police. By chance, crime scene investigators from Port Lincoln were in Ceduna and examined the car.
"We have to take it seriously, there's no reason why we shouldn't," Sergeant Fred Longley, of Ceduna police, said. "There were too many witnesses for us not to.
"The car was damaged and was covered in ash from the object and they were clearly shaken up."
Sergeant Longley said the Knowles drew a diagram of the UFO which looked like an egg in an egg cup.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmnx-HOzOao

munce
Oct 23, 2010

Large diamond UFO buzzed car near Deniliquin, Australia (1996)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCVRQEEvF1k

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Delta-Wye posted:

are u not entertained? its been pretty busy regarding ufos the last few months no matter how you slice it

I guess. I want the real stuff though. Skinpopping isn't enough anymore. I got to mainline the uncut UFO evidence to feel anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

munce posted:

Large diamond UFO buzzed car near Deniliquin, Australia (1996)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCVRQEEvF1k

These are getting too easy to debunk, do people realise how stupid they sound when they describe something so obvious??