Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Endo kyujo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Elissimpark posted:

Dude has 3 yushos and 2 jun-yusho in the last year. If they don't promote with at least a solid jun yusho, it'd seem churlish.

He also has three special prizes which you think would put him over the top, but never underestimate the YDC and how they see things.

Poor old Endo. Can I trade ENDO for HOSHORYU please, I want to mess another wrestlers record up! :D

Scythe
Jan 26, 2004
Also requesting to trade Endo for Hoshoryu. I don't think I've ever traded twice before, injuries are extra fun this time.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Wakatakakage vs Daiesho was absolutely incredible. Insanely high energy sumo that had me cheering at my TV

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Scythe posted:

Also requesting to trade Endo for Hoshoryu. I don't think I've ever traded twice before, injuries are extra fun this time.

Same, if possible. My whole team except for Terunofuji is making GBS threads the bed!

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I would like to trade Endo for Ichinojo. Failing that, Hokutofuji.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Today I woke up dead set on trading ~~~ AOIYAMA ~~~ but then I see he goes and finally wins again.

He's just loving with me now.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Man, this first fantasy basho for me has been absolutely cursed outside of Hakuho continuing to clean up. Wakatakakage has been doing well too, to be fair; he's just been losing very close matches, is all. Going to keep living on the edge with my picks and trade Endo for Tobizaru.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I, too, am cursed with talented losers :(

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

What's the golden poop company?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm doing pretty well right now, so next time we do fantasy sumo I might actually try to win instead of just picking the rikishi with the most bunny-like cheeks

Scythe posted:

Yeah, I know thread regulars are bored of this, but for newbies Hakuhou's numbers are absolutely ridiculous.
Yeah, like for comparison, winning a few tournaments with 2 of them in a row makes an unimpeachable case for promotion to yokozuna. Hakuho has had, like, 3 or 4 yokozuna careers crammed together in one human?

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 8, 2021

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Hakuho real strong

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

Helianthus Annuus posted:

found out about Takakeisho late due to being an NHK highlights watcher. :(

i need to trade Takakeisho for... whoever i can get. Terunofuji/Hakuho/Shodai

Kenning posted:

Day 3 standings
code:
7	Helianthus Annuus

hey comish -- I'm dying out here! Did my trade not go thru? Am I still stuck with Takakeisho

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I’d like to trade Endo for Hoshoryu. If Hoshoryu is taken by too many teams, I’d like Tobizaru.

Bellwether
Nov 4, 2009

Imperfection is beautiful!
Not strictly sumo-related, but the Olympics will be going on without spectators due to Covid but the state of emergency only applies to Tokyo and extends the quasi-"emergency" declarations for a couple of other prefectures, Aichi (Nagoya) not included.

Because a virus absolutely must respect prefectural boundaries and all the people coming for an Olympics they can't watch definitely won't go anywhere else.
:negative:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I’m sure it’ll be fine.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Bellwether posted:

Not strictly sumo-related, but the Olympics will be going on without spectators due to Covid but the state of emergency only applies to Tokyo and extends the quasi-"emergency" declarations for a couple of other prefectures, Aichi (Nagoya) not included.

Because a virus absolutely must respect prefectural boundaries and all the people coming for an Olympics they can't watch definitely won't go anywhere else.
:negative:

Covid be like:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

What's the story on Ishiura? I've been impressed by him so far this basho and he looks jacked which is very cool.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

net work error posted:

What's the story on Ishiura? I've been impressed by him so far this basho and he looks jacked which is very cool.

Hes a tiny man like enho, except he lifts. He is forever somewhere between m11 and juryo. But I still dig him

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

bessantj posted:

He also has three special prizes which you think would put him over the top, but never underestimate the YDC and how they see things.

I don’t think the special prizes would count since that would basically be double counting. If you get a yusho/jun-yusho below Ozeki, you’re going to get at least one special prize too.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

net work error posted:

He's actually a bit poo poo. Perpetually bouncing up and down between makuuchi and juryo. Belongs to the same stable (Miyagino beya) as Hakuho and Enho

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

somebodies gotta do it.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Request to trade Endo for Takanosho

my loving roster is cursed as hell this basho, bad luck first time in Sekiwae

Netsky
Jun 24, 2004
I AM THE STREET

I'd like to trade Endo for Hokutofuji/Hoshoryu/Ichinojo. Thanks for accepting my late request last time.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

He's actually a bit poo poo. Perpetually bouncing up and down between makuuchi and juryo. Belongs to the same stable (Miyagino beya) as Hakuho and Enho

This forgets the most important point: he had a goatee for a few days of his first makuuchi basho before anyone figured him out and it whipped. As soon as he shaved, he started losing all the time.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

are you allowed to have facial hair as a rikishi?

maybe a mustache?

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

BONGHITZ posted:

are you allowed to have facial hair as a rikishi?

maybe a mustache?

nope its forbidden

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2019/02/26/sumo/sumo-wrestlers-no-longer-allowed-grow-beard-good-luck/

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Hakuhos fight shows he's strong as hell too, I'm less sure about Terunofuji being able to beat him lol.
Well see if either of them last the 15 days though

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I enjoy that Tochinoshin does big boy henkas whenever he really needs a win.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Enho with a textbook henka

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Communist Thoughts posted:

Hakuhos fight shows he's strong as hell too, I'm less sure about Terunofuji being able to beat him lol.
Well see if either of them last the 15 days though

He really is just on another level

captainblastum
Dec 1, 2004

I think that this is a strong (heh) contender for peak Tochinoshin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDJWW1cd5lc

Takuan
May 6, 2007

What does it mean when the subtitle says something is an ISP Match?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Takuan posted:

What does it mean when the subtitle says something is an ISP Match?

It's for the Internet Sumo Pool, a different sumo fantasy thingamajig. http://isp.sumogames.de/Rules.aspx

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

captainblastum posted:

I had forgotten how loud the big matches were in the before times. I miss when Tochinoshin's left hand grip could not be beaten.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Tochinoshin having defined abs and traps is still impressive as hell to me

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Shiroc posted:

I had forgotten how loud the big matches were in the before times. I miss when Tochinoshin's left hand grip could not be beaten.

I love how fired up Tochi is.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

While we eagerly await the start of Day 6 action, have some photos of wrestlers getting COVID shots to tide you over: https://twitter.com/aryaryagi/status/1413054102670438407

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Neodoomium posted:

Tochinoshin having defined abs and traps is still impressive as hell to me

It fucks me up so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

captainblastum posted:

From this to doing henkas on opponents half his size... sad