Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ansible Adams posted:

i like this stuff a lot but usually just use secret aardvark or texas pete extra hot as my go-to's. didnt there used to even be a hot sauce thread?

it’s still there on page 4 or something. bump away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Silver Alicorn posted:

I want a mango now. I shoulda picked one up last night

Put either tajin or nanami togarashi on mango.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i like franks red hot

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ansible Adams posted:

i like this stuff a lot but usually just use secret aardvark or texas pete extra hot as my go-to's. didnt there used to even be a hot sauce thread?

what you packen - the thread about hawt sawce

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

graph posted:

i like franks red hot

ol reliable. had some earlier today.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

President Beep posted:

ol reliable. had some earlier today.

i made buffalo cauliflower for my fiancee and i the other day and she said it was too spicy with the franks :manning:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ansible Adams posted:

i made buffalo cauliflower for my fiancee and i the other day and she said it was too spicy with the franks :manning:

Did you call your sweetie a cracker?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
somebody in gws recommended imam biyaldi the other day and i gotta look up who and say thanks because this poo poo rocks, but anyhow

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Ansible Adams posted:

are you still gonna go through with the wedding

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i picked up some Indian eggplant last night at POM and am quite stoked to use these little flavor grenades

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
do they taste anything like normal eggplants? coz those things are bland grenades

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i havent tried them yet but i disagree with your assessment of the noble aubergine

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

echinopsis posted:

do they taste anything like normal eggplants? coz those things are bland grenades

you need to add salt m8

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

:pwn:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
aubergines are natures version of this :

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

echinopsis posted:

how are rice cakes nature's evidence that you're a bad cook?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
there’s a reason the eggplant emoji is the universal sign for dick

it’s because they taste like rear end

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

actually they taste great and are a great centerpiece in a vegan or vegetarian dish

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

fart simpson posted:

actually they taste great and are a great centerpiece in a vegan or vegetarian dish

or as a side or even with meat

so many ridic chinese eggplant dishes

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Eggplants are very good.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

echinopsis posted:

Yes and rice cakes are very good.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i find dry rice cakes edible, but i'm not sure i'd go as far as calling them very good. they're basically styrofoam disks that are useful tools for putting actually delicious things on

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
yes, such as another rice cake. perhaps a bit of air for garnish.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
chaos take: i like eggplants but find aubergines bland and overrated

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mediaphage posted:

i find dry rice cakes edible, but i'm not sure i'd go as far as calling them very good. they're basically styrofoam disks that are useful tools for putting actually delicious things on
they are also passable for foodcrafts to fool small children into eating more healthy/wholesome food

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

You're supposed to buy seasoned rice cakes/season the eggplant you crackers.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i will never season you crackers

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gonna smoke some eggplants next time i smoke a thing and make babaghanoush i think

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Endless Mike posted:

gonna smoke some eggplants next time i smoke a thing
I cannot keep up with weed culture anymore

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

no poo poo, so your styrofoam has some salt on it, meh

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

gonna smoke some eggplants next time i smoke a thing and make babaghanoush i think

yesssssssss

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
eggplants kick rear end and we make something with them at least once a week.

you can definitely gently caress up and have garbage unpleasant eggplants, just like any other vegetable. boiled your brussles sprouts? overcooked your okra? grew up in the midwest in the 50's? it's not your fault, just try a different approach next time

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mediaphage posted:

no poo poo, so your styrofoam has some salt on it, meh

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

you keep posting about rice cakes like i've never seen these or eaten them. they're still bland with an unpleasantly dry texture. adequate for dips but a poor snack on their own imo.

also they have for decades been sold as a health food so it's hilarious to take a rice cake and just cover it with sugar like that chocolate one in an attempt to make them palatable

like go hog wild i'm not gonna judge you for liking them, people eat all sorts of poo poo i hate

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mediaphage posted:

you keep posting about rice cakes like i've never seen these or eaten them. they're still bland with an unpleasantly dry texture. adequate for dips but a poor snack on their own imo.

also they have for decades been sold as a health food so it's hilarious to take a rice cake and just cover it with sugar like that chocolate one in an attempt to make them palatable

like go hog wild i'm not gonna judge you for liking them, people eat all sorts of poo poo i hate

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Eat the rice cake mediaphage

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Eat the rice cake mediaphage

never!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

EAT THE GOD drat RICE CAKES!!!!!!