Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

BB again, lol

Turns out, jokes are funnier when you're poking fun at stupid people in charge for being stupid and in charge and not random marginalized peoples for being marginalized and different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Alpha 1 posted:

The world is in climate crisis, the planet is dying, we will drown in boiling seas unless we act now, and here's a means-tested tax credit to encourage individuals to make incremental shifts towards green power.

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1412868717894111241

this poo poo is gay as hell

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

none of you have ever met a real minnesota liberal. it's fairly pathetic.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

heard pelosi told that one guy that he should die

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Good rear end tweet

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

none of you have ever met a real minnesota liberal. it's fairly pathetic.
From your description, it sounds wholly indistinguishable from literally any other liberal on the planet?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

doesnt that guy hawk sandwhiches?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Euphoriaphone posted:

I guess Ady Barkan's thing is interviewing people who tell him that he deserves to die without healthcare, and then endorsing those same people?

To be fair, as he mentions, he already is basically receiving the best healthcare possible for someone in his situation. So he doesn't really personally have much to gain from MfA.

Alpha 1 posted:

The world is in climate crisis, the planet is dying, we will drown in boiling seas unless we act now, and here's a means-tested tax credit to encourage individuals to make incremental shifts towards green power.

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1412868717894111241

Stuff like this and the "how to deal with immigration by incentivizing private businesses to invest in Guatemala" web page read like some leftist trying to make fun of them.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

take away congress' heathcare plan and you would get mfa passed overnight

just as blatant a "gently caress you, got mine" as it gets

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Duffel Blog has some funny stuff sometimes too.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Some Guy TT posted:

bad news everyone

looks like colorado is doing a genocide

hosed up that children are nothing more than numbers on a balance sheet to these people.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

lol

rot in hell Rumsfeld

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Andorra posted:

Turns out, jokes are funnier when you're poking fun at stupid people in charge for being stupid and in charge and not random marginalized peoples for being marginalized and different.

Yea they will go right back to sucking rear end as soon as the Republicans win the white house next election.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

genuine lol if you think republicans would ever vote for an openly gay candidate

Republican's don't really care about gay people anymore beyond their limited regional use as a wedge issue. They care about poo poo that matter like tax cuts for job creators. In fact if you had an openly gay republican the party insiders would love that poo poo.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

spacetoaster posted:

even if Biden does mr. magoo our way out of Aghanistan we'll start side-eyeing Syria or Iran soon enough

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Yeah my point was not "I also want to take a vacation where I am completely unreachable", but more like if a computer toucher's work is considered important enough that he can't get away unless he turns off his phone, why should AOC get a pass?

I think one of the things that bugs me about this stuff is that people like politicians are referred to as "public servants."

It's not like these people are volunteering. Even if you ignore the immense side-benefits to being a high-level politician, they receive a high salary.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Republican's don't really care about gay people anymore beyond their limited regional use as a wedge issue.

lol

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

genuine lol if you think republicans would ever vote for an openly gay candidate

As of this month a study came out and most republicans support gay marriage now.

The democrats are a higher percentage, but there's still double digit percentages of democrats who do not support it.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/350486/record-high-support-same-sex-marriage.aspx

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Joe Biden laying pipe with Mrs. Barkan, as Ady is parked in the corner facing them, unable to move, smiling. a robotic yet sad "thank you Joe Biden" blurts out from his broken wheelchair (because his insurance won't cover a new one till next fiscal year), as a single tear rolls down Ady's cheek

Biden: "ARE YOU MY WIFE? OH... hnnggg... aw heck... I shouldn't have done that... I'm sorry" as he finishes

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Excelzior posted:

I think it's more likely that you would get "a bill that gives congress healthcare"

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

spacetoaster posted:

As of this month a study came out and most republicans support gay marriage now.

The democrats are a higher percentage, but there's still double digit percentages of democrats who do not support it.

there is a large gap between what they tell people they believe and what they actually believe. literally 250+ anti lgbt bills have been introduced in basically every single republican controlled state. they are 100% still the party of homophobia top to bottom.

the dems are at least smart enough to not openly legislate homophobia they just let gay kids die on the street instead

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

theres something deeply hilarious about the attempts to build a kamala harris cult of personality bombing so hard that most of their idiot target audience is doing the distracted boyfriend meme at michelle obama who none of them have seen in months

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

To be fair, as he mentions, he already is basically receiving the best healthcare possible for someone in his situation. So he doesn't really personally have much to gain from MfA.

one of the exceptions that can get you medicare before age 65 is having a terminal disease.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Some Guy TT posted:

theres something deeply hilarious about the attempts to build a kamala harris cult of personality bombing so hard that most of their idiot target audience is doing the distracted boyfriend meme at michelle obama who none of them have seen in months

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Excelzior posted:

they're all olds who are eligible anyway, for the most part.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

remember obama coming out against gay marriage in 2008? lol.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Some Guy TT posted:

its actually deeply fitting because Biden's first 2 tries to run for president on his own merits crashed and burned just as bad as Harris's, and then Obama plucked him out the reject pile to astroturf enough support to get across the finish line

and thus the circle of failure continues with Kamala Harris, who will undoubtedly pick the least appealing vice president imaginable.

mayo pete would be my first guess but i have faith that Harris can find someone even worse

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

The Nastier Nate posted:

its actually deeply fitting because Biden's first 2 tries to run for president on his own merits crashed and burned just as bad as Harris's, and then Obama plucked him out the reject pile to astroturf enough support to get across the finish line

and thus the circle of failure continues with Kamala Harris, who will undoubtedly pick the least appealing vice president imaginable.

mayo pete would be my first guess but i have faith that Harris can find someone even worse

itll be michelle obama and you'll be called a racist for finding it terrible

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Cpt_Obvious posted:

The net effect of demanding that every piece of persuasive messaging by a political party cater exclusively to you, and refusing to recognize that messages exist for other purposes

even for discendo "supporting bernie's anti-hft proposal is the same as being the khmer rouge" vox, this is some patronising bullshit.

"clearly the only reason you dislike this push to emphasise how pro-police the dems are is because the article isn't specifically pandering to you"

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Willa Rogers posted:

remember obama coming out against gay marriage in 2008? lol.

Yeah, that's what's so telling. Like, today. 2021. 20% of Democrats are still against gay rights.

Or at least bold enough to say so on a questionaire.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
people can't possibly believe that the dipshit who thought elizabeth warren was the candidate for him is actually serious about medicare for all, can they?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Eric Adams vs Kamala Harris for the 2024 nomination

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

gradenko_2000 posted:

Eric Adams vs Kamala Harris for the 2024 nomination

East coast cop vs west coast cop

I like it

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

Italians are PoC

People of Calzone

Lmaoh, eyy, ohh, eyy, ohh, woah, eyy!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Italians are PoC

People of Calzone

https://twitter.com/MoodyKnowsNada/status/1338890623311601664?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Some Guy TT posted:

Kamala Harris didn't go anywhere in the 2020 primary, but as vice president she is very popular with Democrats. Her overall approval is a little lower than Biden's, but there are other explanations (for example she is a minority woman, name recognition is lower, and Fox News is trying to smear her as an alternative after repeatedly failing to smear Biden).