Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bill Posters posted:

Holy gently caress Sydney. How are you so bad at this?

Because ~essential worker~ is a magical term that means 'you have a job' because :laffo: actually doing it properly and having forced stay at home orders with payment support from the federal/state governments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
We should never be allowed to live down the Louis Vuitton store staying open.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I did not have a good time in the previous lockdown and now, due to living at home with wildly at-risk parents, this one is not a fun revisit. I really thought we were past all of this since February. I'm definitely in a better situation now, but it's still a bit ruffling to read how it's everyone in sydney's own fault.

I do not like the idea it's the fault of anyone's except the government, basically. People are going to live their lives, like it or not.

And yeah, the LV thing is embarrassing but that's not on me. I don't accept any blame for this. I only shop at gucci.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
My intimate partner is three scomos in a trenchcoat

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Lolie posted:

Nobody ever thought about what would happen if a variant came along which moved faster than our ability to contact trace.

I feel for you all. The breathtaking hubris of your state government and complicit news media has really landed you in some poo poo.

I just wish there was a way to see Gladys and Scotty eat the poo poo they deserve without y'all getting so severely hosed over.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Bill Posters posted:

I feel for you all. The breathtaking hubris of your state government and complicit news media has really landed you in some poo poo.

I just wish there was a way to see Gladys and Scotty eat the poo poo they deserve without y'all getting so severely hosed over.

Probably will never happen. People don't understand how bad they've cooked it. Hotel Quarantine, right in the CBD is all you need to know.

It's really grim to say, but we would benefit from a high profile death for people to take this as seriously as they should. Warney might need to take this one for the team.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Bill Posters posted:

Holy gently caress Sydney. How are you so bad at this?

Conservative media gave everyone the false impression that Covid outbreaks were a symptom of Melbourne and Labor in general.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

well why not posted:

Probably will never happen. People don't understand how bad they've cooked it. Hotel Quarantine, right in the CBD is all you need to know.

It's really grim to say, but we would benefit from a high profile death for people to take this as seriously as they should. Warney might need to take this one for the team.

High profile?

Warney?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

We do have a few spare Hemsworths...

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

well why not posted:

We do have a few spare Hemsworths...

Are any of them currently in Australia?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

hmm, let me just fire up the old hmswrth tracker app

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

High profile?

Warney?

This discussion is ghoulish and disgusting and I'm disappointed in you all. :colbert:

..... but while we're at it I'll nominate Alan Jones, John Laws and John Howard. Clive Palmer would be #1 pick for sheer irony value but I don't think the universe would be kind enough the grant us that one. :(

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

well why not posted:

Nah, they'll just wring their hands and shrug at how terrible a tragedy it was and shame on the poor for not pulling their weight, tut-tut, we are all equal in this pandemic, blah-blah-blah. The only thing that'd even come close to dethroning those two is, unfortunately and quite grimly to say, a large bodycount. Because the only way the Liberal's political base will actually recognise COVID BAD and get angry at Gladys and Scotty not doing anything is when the people they care about start going into the ICU or the morgue, and not just the poor and minorities.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

..... but while we're at it I'll nominate Alan Jones, John Laws and John Howard. Clive Palmer would be #1 pick for sheer irony value but I don't think the universe would be kind enough the grant us that one. :(

Unfortunately they're all old fuckers and undoubtedly vaccinated due to being A: Rich and/or B: mates with the LNP so they can jump the queues. Why do you think they prioritized vaccination for over-60's?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

yeah it'd have to be someone who's not so old that it's a shrug. I'm sure we all lust for the (in minecraft) death of John Howard, but he's old enough people wouldn't really be stunned. I said Warney because he's middle-aged, healthy (ish) and a household name. Additionally he's more or less apolitical.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1413301931619983360

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Unfortunately they're all old fuckers and undoubtedly vaccinated due to being A: Rich and/or B: mates with the LNP so they can jump the queues. Why do you think they prioritized vaccination for over-60's?

Delta has a pretty good track history of putting vaxxed elderly people into the ICU :ssh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ah yes, Ikea. Essential.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Infinitum posted:

Ah yes, Ikea. Essential.

It's essential-ish but Bunnings is was more essential

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Delta has a pretty good track history of putting vaxxed elderly people into the ICU :ssh:

I know they've published the ages of the people in ICU, but I didn't think they'd published the vaccination status yet. Chant said they will be releasing that info tomorrow.

The vaccinated people from the SummitCare cluster were sent to Westmead as a precaution and I haven't read any reports on their current condition.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Both Ikea and Bunnings do online ordering with both delivery and contactless pick-up options.

Also lolling at the thought of Ikea having to sanitise every bit of display furniture.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Infinitum posted:

Ah yes, Ikea. Essential.

We went to Aldi at Marsden Park last weekend. Just after 10, the IKEA carpark was full. I had a click and collect order to pick up but there was only one other person at the click and collect window. IKEA stores are designed to make you walk through the entire store and this one doesn't share a carpark, so there were a heap of people inside browsing while they walked from entry to exit.

I actually tried to get home delivery for my order but they were only offering click and collect.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lolie posted:

I know they've published the ages of the people in ICU, but I didn't think they'd published the vaccination status yet. Chant said they will be releasing that info tomorrow.

The vaccinated people from the SummitCare cluster were sent to Westmead as a precaution and I haven't read any reports on their current condition.

They'll have delayed that to work out a spin, because holy gently caress do they not want people chanting "vaccines don't work" on the table on top of everything else.

I was not aware of this. Come onnn Clive Palmer! :rolldice:

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Hmmmm my celebrity deadpool vote goes to Brett Lee, cause he was (is?) a Tony Abbott supporter. I think his death would push the libs more to take this lockdown poo poo seriously more than someone like Warney who is apolitical.

In other Friday news I just bought enough half price gourmet cheese from my local dairy to last me through another month of lockdown, and I also found out today that my ex-boss who fired me a few months back just lost his contract with the company he was contracting me out to, so basically he just got fired.

So yep despite all the bad covid poo poo I actually feel like I'm winning at life today :parrot:

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

This is the news that actually inspired my question. It's just crazy to me that people have been utterly unable to abide by the spirit of the lockdown rather than just the letter.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Conservative media gave everyone the false impression that Covid outbreaks were a symptom of Melbourne and Labor in general.

I think this is the answer I was seeking tho.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Whelp , I'm a casual contact from the woolies metro in Pendle hill. Got to knock off work early. Thanks for being a gently caress up Gladys you loving muppet.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The only thing that'd even come close to dethroning those two is, unfortunately and quite grimly to say, a large bodycount.

cool

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Raged posted:

Whelp , I'm a casual contact from the woolies metro in Pendle hill. Got to knock off work early. Thanks for being a gently caress up Gladys you loving muppet.

"We have to rely on people to do the right thing"
*takes the whole loving family grocery shopping*

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Bill Posters posted:

This is the news that actually inspired my question. It's just crazy to me that people have been utterly unable to abide by the spirit of the lockdown rather than just the letter.

A lot of people assume that if the government allows it to stay open then it must be OK to shop there as long as you wear a mask and check in. It's really only in the last few days they've tried to correct that assumption.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Lolie posted:

IKEA stores are designed to make you walk through the entire store and this one doesn't share a carpark, so there were a heap of people inside browsing while they walked from entry to exit.

The usual Ikea pro move is to look up the warehouse location for what you want online and then slip in past the registers to get it and get straight back out; thus avoiding the long walk through the boulevard of broken marriages.

The lockdown ikea pro move is to stay the gently caress away.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The other pro move is to go just before it shuts. Puts a hard cap on how late you can stay and you can glide through like a ghost.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Infinitum posted:

"We have to rely on people to do the right thing"
*takes the whole loving family grocery shopping*

People did this poo poo with the Victoria lockdowns.

"Gotta take the kids shopping to get them out of the house for a bit. And if we're doing that, why not bring nan, too?'

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
A "new" vaccination campaign is starting Sunday. lol

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
Had my second dose of AZ this afternoon.
Felt absolutely fine until I got about halfway home, and have been just intensely itchy since about 3pm, even after antihistamines.
I think I'd honestly prefer the blood clots rn

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Lolie posted:

A "new" vaccination campaign is starting Sunday. lol

PM: We will be getting 1,000,000 extra doses of Pfizer
Pfizer: lol wut

How the public is supposed to believe anything....

Do have to admit getting some super hot Nashville chicken delivered to the house is pretty swish

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Raged posted:

PM: We will be getting 1,000,000 extra doses of Pfizer
Pfizer: lol wut

How the public is supposed to believe anything....

Do have to admit getting some super hot Nashville chicken delivered to the house is pretty swish

The pharmaceutical giant Pfizer says there is no change in the number of doses the company has contracted to deliver to Australia over 2021 – contradicting reports asserting the Morrison government had secured a “game-changing deal” to triple its access to the jabs.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I get my first Pfizer jab 2nd August, also Jetstar cancelled our flights to Sydney last night, postponing that trip until November now. At least the weather will be nicer and maybe you'll have all come out of lockdown by then.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just casually going window shopping during a lockdown for a new couch, no biggie

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
BBQ guy needed some furniture for his next epic BBQ, clearly.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

From what I can piece together, we're just getting some of our doses sooner than was expected. Good news but certainly not a game-changer.

I don't know how our federal politicians expect people to believe them about anything at this point. Never have I seen so much political capital squandered so recklessly.

Scomo supporting the actions of the NSW government has actually become a political liability for Gladys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

covid might be bad but i sneezed while eating sushi for lunch today and shot rice up my nose.