Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Adams is a demon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

the_steve posted:

Kamala Harris didn't go anywhere in the 2020 primary, but as vice president she is very popular with Democrats. Her overall approval is a little lower than Biden's, but there are other explanations (for example she is a minority woman, name recognition is lower, and Fox News is trying to smear her as an alternative after repeatedly failing to smear Biden).

So, a Hillary who can't win a primary.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

the_steve posted:

Kamala Harris didn't go anywhere in the 2020 primary, but as vice president she is very popular with Democrats. Her overall approval is a little lower than Biden's, but there are other explanations (for example she is a minority woman, name recognition is lower, and Fox News is trying to smear her as an alternative after repeatedly failing to smear Biden).

this is syq but i don't actually know if she is that much more unpopular or if it's wishful thinking from people. I kind of think we're stuck with biden and/or harris through 2028 at least, and that's extremely depressing.

hell yeah, score

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Cpt_Obvious posted:

So, a Hillary who can't win a primary.

I believe you'll find that not liking Hillary or Kamala is actually a right wing talking point, and can therefore be dismissed with no critical thought whatsoever.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

the_steve posted:

I believe you'll find that not liking Hillary or Kamala is actually a right wing talking point, and can therefore be dismissed with no critical thought whatsoever.

the general public very well might not like kamala, and would lead to her losing in a general, but the dem primary voters are absolutely deranged

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Everyone cares about not being assaulted in the streets and not being robbed in their homes, so yes, everyone cares about law and order.

"Law and Order" coming from Republicans is a dog whistle for shooting uppity blacks. You seem unable to tell the difference.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

they get to play the racism and sexism cards and show off how tough on crime they are at the same time! kamala is a lib's dream

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Everyone cares about not being assaulted in the streets and not being robbed in their homes, so yes, everyone cares about law and order.

"Law and Order" coming from Republicans is a dog whistle for shooting uppity blacks. You seem unable to tell the difference.

almost got me

Oneiros has issued a correction as of 05:53 on Jul 9, 2021

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

quote:

So what does this mean for the gene pool?

I think there are a few obvious areas of selection pressure here, at least in my country:

1. An increase to the strength of the instinctual desire to have children. Whatever form they take, any genes that make people want to have children are gonna start benefitting. These were largely irrelevant under previous social conditions where there were many methods to essentially force women to have kids whether they wanted them or not, but now they are going to have their time to shine. I'd expect the "baby fever" urges some people get to intensify and become more prevalent as generations go by, as an example.

Some populations, of course, are currently more resistant to this selection pressure than others because they still have cultural factors strong enough to override individual tendencies, but I think this is probably bad for those populations long term - they will continue to suffer losses as children defect to other populations, and should those cultural forces weaken further they will be hitting the selection factor later than the groups already having fewer children. Historically speaking, the first group to encounter the selection pressure wall is the one most likely to thrive and dominate on the other side of it.

Oh, good, rape science.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Oh, good, rape science.

You skipped right over a great bit:

quote:

Right now, we are experiencing a pretty significant drop in birth rate, especially in certain demographics. The reasons for this are numerous, but I think all derive from contraceptives and the women's liberation movement.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Nichael posted:

the general public very well might not like kamala, and would lead to her losing in a general, but the dem primary voters are absolutely deranged

dem primary voters didnt like her in 2020 either

Although with Biden teaching her the levers of power, giving her leadership experience, teaching her how to make the tough decisions, how to keep the country safe, how to stand up to china, how to exploit dead family members, how to avoid press conferences, how to make banal lib tweets, how to sniff hair, she's a shoo-in. she's going to be anointed like Hillary was.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Contrary to the old saying, Dems not only fall in line but they fall in love too. If Kamala was the head of the ticket they'd convince themselves that she was the most inspiring and charismatic candidate they'd ever seen. Up until she lost, then they'd forget all about her, lol.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

it's all moot because republicans are going to impeach, remove and replace the president after 2022

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
It's Her time, you fools

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nichael posted:

this is syq but i don't actually know if she is that much more unpopular or if it's wishful thinking from people. I kind of think we're stuck with biden and/or harris through 2028 at least, and that's extremely depressing.

party disunity is accelerating, if Harris runs she absolutely will see a challenger

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

party disunity is accelerating, if Harris runs she absolutely will see a challenger

sure but will it matter? the last two primaries ended in the victor being decided by the establishment. I predict that will happen again.

even if there is a strong challenger, in practical terms it'll be someone just as bad (or worse) as her. there's no left, the only people who could possibly pick that up from bernie are succ-ifying in front of us.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I think the rise of lovely populism was almost completely divorced from the reality of what Obama accomplished in his time in office, and that the populism would have gravitated to Trump (because populism is the realm of scumbags and Trump is the best at being a scumbag). In an alternate reality where Obama "had seriously prosecuted bankers, got a public option or otherwise actually done something to fix healthcare, and ended the wars", there would be a post in this thread saying that if only Obama had completely broken up the banks, nationalized the healthcare industry, and permanently outlawed the US drone program; then Hillary would have won in a landslide.

The lesson is: never listen to the leftists. You cannot satisfy them, and any attempt to do so will pull you into a doom-loop of purity tests for an ever-diminishing and electorally-irrelevant segment of the electorate.

hmm, agreed op

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Nichael posted:

sure but will it matter? the last two primaries ended in the victor being decided by the establishment. I predict that will happen again.

even if there is a strong challenger, in practical terms it'll be someone just as bad (or worse) as her. there's no left, the only people who could possibly pick that up from bernie are succ-ifying in front of us.

yeah i'm just tapped out. gently caress the dems i'm never voting for a dem again

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Nichael posted:

At this point I'm on team "don't vote at all unless there's a compelling reason to do so beyond the Republicans being bad". Our system is not a Democracy and I refuse to legitimize it with my vote.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
Ballot measures? Yeah i'll vote for those but I'm leaving the actual seats blank

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I still don't think voting in non-presidential primaries is completely hopeless. I do think hoping for any major leftist change in this country is now pointless though, especially on the Federal level. 2016 and 2020 were the moments to change course, and we went all in on blue rapist. Now we'll have :chaostrump: again in 2024, and god know what horror in 2028.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pamela Springstein posted:

it's all moot because republicans are going to impeach, remove and replace the president after 2022

And the Dems will let them because it will fast track Harris to the Presidency.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1413327204885356549?s=20

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

super sweet best pal posted:

And the Dems will let them because it will fast track Harris to the Presidency.

She's getting removed too for speaker of the house Donald trump

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The 2024 political platforms:

President Harris will give a tax credit to companies in underprivileged communities that promise to develop a plan of action to reduce their carbon footprint by the year 2122.

VS

President Lindell will throw a big parade to honor the Noid on his great achievement.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I like how Bernie tweets have two genres now:

1) Be indistinguishable from every other Democrat
2) Act as if 2016 and 2020 never happened, and continue to talk about policy that Biden and pals 100% oppose

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Nichael posted:

I like how Bernie tweets have two genres now:

1) Be indistinguishable from every other Democrat
2) Act as if 2016 and 2020 never happened, and continue to talk about policy that Biden and pals 100% oppose

Bernie Sanders is a piece of poo poo

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

bedpan posted:

Bernie Sanders is a piece of poo poo

yeah lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I am Senator Bernie Sanders, and let me be clear: I live inside of Joe Biden's rear end in a top hat.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I'm Senator Bernie Sanders and this is my favorite president on the capitol hill.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Bernie where did the hundreds of millions of dollars people paid you to run for president go?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Hey Bernie where did the hundreds of millions of dollars people paid you to run for president go?

he hides it up his best friend, joe biden's, rear end in a top hat

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Probably to pay for whatever twitter bot farm controls half of Khive

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

You know all those begging emails about how Nancy Pelosi is sad so all donations will be double matched by a big donor?

Well,

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Cpt_Obvious posted:

You know, or should be able to determine by reading the article, that the point of the messaging is to defend the Democrats to moderate audiences vulnerable to R attacks on law and order... by raising funding that was part of the Covid aid bill.

The net effect of demanding that every piece of persuasive messaging by a political party cater exclusively to you, and refusing to recognize that messages exist for other purposes, is that at best, you render yourself politically irrelevant, and more commonly, you make yourself a mark for dishonest messaging that targets you.

theres definitely no problem with the anti racist party promoting a racist agenda, they're definitely not serious about it

*2 years later*

wait you expect the dems to not follow up on their platform? I thought you leftists valued sincerity :smuggo:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

stolen from the randomwaffle thread

would make a good av for someone itt

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

those party elite consultants and operatives don't come cheap!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Bidie Sanders

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

lmao i paid this fucker the legal max and it probably went to that dumb loving warren barbershop person the bernie campaign hired after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Shipon posted:

lmao i paid this fucker the legal max and it probably went to that dumb loving warren barbershop person the bernie campaign hired after

the warren barbershop guy was also the racist knickknack in my airBnB