Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

at this point they have to be loving with us on purpose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

No republican president would have had a different out come than trump, and probably would have done way worse in terms of him just saying actually I CAN stop evictions watch me. Same with checks. The response would have been, at best, Boris Johnson style, which was strictly worse than usa

I like how folks just assume that Trump's response to a pandemic wasn't exactly in line with how prior republican presidents handled pandemics, disasters, etc, as if there isn't a plethora of examples to draw from.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Srice posted:

I like how folks just assume that Trump's response to a pandemic entire loving presidency wasn't exactly in line with how prior republican presidents handled pandemics, disasters, etc, as if there isn't a plethora of examples to draw from.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

:hmmyes:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The term is usually “less lethal” not “less than lethal” because any violent physical act has some chance of killing someone. Doesn’t mean there’s not value in reducing the chance of permanent harm.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
telling a cop to shoot someone 'charging them' in the leg: actually harm reduction

I loving hate these people

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm giving D&D another two years before 'George Floyd deserved it' is a position that more than one superstar poster there expresses to no meaningful pushback

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
it's very funny how the phrase "harm reduction" has been butchered from the original definition

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Pernicious Bernie promoting republicans once again

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I like the "the drat feminists and their birth control are depopulating the planet!" thread that still isn't gassed and the OP ban+30d

I'd say I'm surprised, but the eugenics thread stuck around for quite a while so

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

sexpig by night posted:

telling a cop to shoot someone 'charging them' in the leg: actually harm reduction

I loving hate these people

It's especially gross because when Biden said the "shoot them in the leg" thing, cops were (still are) claiming that the unarmed child running away from them was a direct threat and that's why they needed to shoot them 14 times in the back, and that's how he chose to respond to people saying "maybe hold cops accountable?"

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's very funny how the phrase "harm reduction" has been butchered from the original definition

it's now centered on arm reduction as the cops dump their mag into your extremeties

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

sexpig by night posted:

I'm giving D&D another two years before 'George Floyd deserved it' is a position that more than one superstar poster there expresses to no meaningful pushback

give how r u three months

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Lib and let die posted:

My wife and I have debt and no kids, where's our loving money Bernie? You suck

my wife and i have no debt and no kids. wheres my money

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

the_steve posted:

It's especially gross because when Biden said the "shoot them in the leg" thing, cops were (still are) claiming that the unarmed child running away from them was a direct threat and that's why they needed to shoot them 14 times in the back, and that's how he chose to respond to people saying "maybe hold cops accountable?"

no but you see Joe didn't overtly say 'you should shoot peaceful protesters in the leg', so pointing out that cops constantly lie about things exactly like 'he charged me' to justify force use is actually a whataboutism, a bad faith, an ad hom and...*spins wheel* antisemitism.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mantis42 posted:

Contrary to the old saying, Dems not only fall in line but they fall in love too. If Kamala was the head of the ticket they'd convince themselves that she was the most inspiring and charismatic candidate they'd ever seen. Up until she lost, then they'd forget all about her, lol.

"Kamala is the most progressive candidate since FDR" will be the talking point

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

this is the most important election... of our lifetimes

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
when Joe said buy a shotgun and shoot it in the air, do you think he considered

- living in a densely populated area

- no knock warrants

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

bedpan posted:

the money went to high priced consultants and well connected grifters, salaries for the bernie central command team, and of course, to help joe biden get elected president.

bernie's money ended up paying for attack ads on bernie's own supporters. bernie sanders continued to plead for money while he negotiating with obama and biden to end his campaign.

I have less respect for bernie sanders than I do joe biden

that old bitch is still asking for money lmao

gudetama
Apr 1, 2021
thinking you’ll be able to vote in a general election for president for a Democrat not named Biden or Harris before 2032 (and maybe 2036) is intense cope

gudetama
Apr 1, 2021
it’s why some of us thought electing Bernie in 2020 was so imperative (of course time has revealed we too are idiot suckers)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Lib and let die posted:

My wife and I have debt and no kids, where's our loving money Bernie? You suck

I'm honestly a bit surprised there was a second round of rent relief but not of mortgage relief

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

this is the most important election... of our lifetimes

Democracy is at stake. Besides, what are you gonna do, vote for the republican?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

spacemang_spliff posted:

Kamala is the most progressive candidate since Joe Biden

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

fart simpson posted:

my wife and i have no debt and no kids. wheres my money
In your joint checking account, it sounds like? :shrug:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/alex_sammon/status/1413229633806426115 feels like a trap, but maybe I'm being cynical

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Obama will only actually endorse if it looks Nina is still going to win it

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

mastershakeman posted:

Imagining Harris's vp is fun. Will it be someone like duckworth, trying to find someone with as many intersectional things as possible? Or tim kaine but even blander so that kamala's Historic Presidency isn't overshadowed?

Mark Warner or Terry McAuliffe lol

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What percentage of the US population do you suppose supports "Defund the Police?"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

gudetama posted:

it’s why some of us thought electing Bernie in 2020 was so imperative (of course time has revealed we too are idiot suckers)

Admittedly, I still really want to feel bad for him. I think 2020 just broke him. Between spending every day since 2016 being blamed for Hillary running the worst campaign in human history, and then the entire party rigging the primaries against him and seeing how people who were supposed to be his friends stab him in the back for literally zero gain (gently caress Liz Warren), like, I want to sympathize. But at the same time, if it were me, yeah, I think I'd have just gone home and stayed there.
Maybe endorse a third party candidate who wasn't entirely succ and do a shoot on the DNC and publicly call them out on their bullshit, but otherwise just wash my hands of it.

Granted, I'm one of the fools who gave him money, so maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Catpetter1981 posted:

What percentage of the US population do you suppose supports "Defund the Police?"

3%

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the_steve posted:

Admittedly, I still really want to feel bad for him. I think 2020 just broke him. Between spending every day since 2016 being blamed for Hillary running the worst campaign in human history, and then the entire party rigging the primaries against him and seeing how people who were supposed to be his friends stab him in the back for literally zero gain (gently caress Liz Warren), like, I want to sympathize. But at the same time, if it were me, yeah, I think I'd have just gone home and stayed there.
Maybe endorse a third party candidate who wasn't entirely succ and do a shoot on the DNC and publicly call them out on their bullshit, but otherwise just wash my hands of it.

Granted, I'm one of the fools who gave him money, so maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better.

it wouldn't have felt genuine for Bernie to suddenly turn heel after 30 years of backing the Democrat party, even nominally as an independent

the dnc would have spent untold millions on ruining his reputation and calling him a russian stooge

(please ignore that they did this anyway)

:hmmyes:

Shen Long
May 29, 2021

by Athanatos
Holy poo poo they literally are rabidly stupid, foaming-at-the-mouth fascist chuds except with blue hats lmao

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'd feel sorry for Sanders if he realized there was nothing he could do to stand against the establishment, said "go vote for Joe" like he said he was going to, then faded away to the Senate until retirement. But he pleaded for money from desperate people knowing he was not going to use it in the way he was advertising, lied about the platform of his opponent, and now that Trump is no longer a threat he's still gaslighting people by saying that child tax credit is the greatest thing since the New Deal and asking for money while doing nothing to actually push his best friend left on any real issue. He's also shifted to "access" so his reveal to be a loyal party man that is no threat is complete.

gudetama posted:

Indeed

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 14:34 on Jul 9, 2021

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the_steve posted:

Kamala Harris didn't go anywhere in the 2020 primary, but as vice president she is very popular with Democrats. Her overall approval is a little lower than Biden's, but there are other explanations (for example she is a minority woman, name recognition is lower, and Fox News is trying to smear her as an alternative after repeatedly failing to smear Biden).

the main problem with this reasoning is that you have to ignore michelle obama as being the next highest pick by a considerable margin a factoid that both proves the racist sexist theory is wrong and also that dem voters are idiots who literally vote on brand name

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Bernie 2020 was a DNC op

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Some Guy TT posted:

the main problem with this reasoning is that you have to ignore michelle obama as being the next highest pick by a considerable margin a factoid that both proves the racist sexist theory is wrong and also that dem voters are idiots who literally vote on brand name

to be fair ALL primary polls this far out from the election are just exercices in name recognition

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

gudetama posted:

yyyyyyup

Eggplant Squire posted:

I'd feel sorry for Sanders if he realized there was nothing he could do to stand against the establishment, said "go vote for Joe" like he said he was going to, then faded away to the Senate until retirement. But he pleaded for money from desperate people knowing he was not going to use it in the way he was advertising, lied about the platform of his opponent, and now that Trump is no longer a threat he's still gaslighting people by saying that child tax credit is the greatest thing since the New Deal and asking for money while doing nothing to actually push his best friend left on any real issue. He's also shifted to "access" so his reveal to be a loyal party man that is no threat is complete.

which, in retrospect, proved that even if he won he wasn't the man up to the task

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

don't care what kamala harris is going to do or not do, who is the next bernie sanders that we can all pin our entire future on??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Dnd libs would literally give the ok to a dem candidate using fascist dog whistles if they thought it would win them the election