Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
better than trying to sound like Lowtax today :-|

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

shut up, dumbfuck.

morons like you that overanalyze every single loving thing any creator says about anything are why this thread is worth less than the hairs around my rear end in a top hat. i'll go back not not reading or posting in it because it's exhausting.

You being offended by a take that didn't make a hate mob that isn't even relevant to how this thread functions is pretty lol.

Just move on. Like even Neo was just "It could have been just a poor vid." as if that's a serious accusation. Chill

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I didn't like their tone when they were talking about the White Island disaster but because I watched it more than two weeks ago I can't tell you any more details than that memory of a feeling. This is the sum of my criticism.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

It's always good and healthy to harbour thread grudges for years. In my next post I'm going to cuss everyone who was calling me out for posting right-wing/adjacent poo poo in 2017.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i'll go back not not reading or posting in it because it's exhausting.

Simply put, I don’t believe you.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

shut up, dumbfuck.

morons like you that overanalyze every single loving thing any creator says about anything are why this thread is worth less than the hairs around my rear end in a top hat. i'll go back not not reading or posting in it because it's exhausting.

Is this your way of requesting a threadban

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Bonaventure posted:

better than trying to sound like Lowtax today :-|

AAAH, MY BACK [Punches in an order for bespoke artisanally crafted cookies or whatever]

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

shut up, dumbfuck.

man

man

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They were from a garbage tourist place known for selling overpriced cannolis.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Italy?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
I stopped watching Illuminaughtii after she publicly shat on a smaller MLM critic channel because they dared to send a nice message to her about having a problem with her plagiarizing them.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

I really wish posters like yourself realized this thread is so toxic mainly because of posts like this. Someone not liking a thing you like isn't an attack on you or whatever. Especially since Crimson's post was pretty chill. Why do you have to instantly jump to "gently caress YOU!!1! :qq:" style posting just because someone didn't like a video you liked? Especially when it was so long ago? lol

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kim Justice posted:

It's always good and healthy to harbour thread grudges for years. In my next post I'm going to cuss everyone who was calling me out for posting right-wing/adjacent poo poo in 2017.

Every time someone comes guns blazing at me over a forums grudge they developed half a decade ago I feel like Thanos going "I don't even know who you are! What?" That usually just makes them madder.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
this thread is not even *that* toxic, imo, i honestly don't know why people keep complaining about it lol

i mean, there's the spicy, spicy derails and all, but what thread doesn't have them. plus, derails are generally Cool and Good, imo, and the very nature of this thread is fertile ground for derails, and that's fine

as for the poop-flinging, there are plenty of threads even on these very forums that are far, far more, uh, intense. not to mention the rest of the internet

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nurmie posted:

this thread is not even *that* toxic, imo, i honestly don't know why people keep complaining about it lol

i mean, there's the spicy, spicy derails and all, but what thread doesn't have them. plus, derails are generally Cool and Good, imo, and the very nature of this thread is fertile ground for derails, and that's fine

as for the poop-flinging, there are plenty of threads even on these very forums that are far, far more, uh, intense. not to mention the rest of the internet

I mean, this thread is fairly bonkers on the reg for a thread that's ostensibly about sharing and discussing videos made by funny and smart YouTube people. But yes, in comparison to even the lower-end batshit sections of SA it is a picture of serene sanity. But for what it is in its stated niche alone and nowhere else, it is a foaming-mouthed rainbow haired rodeo clown shooting off five revolvers that fire roman candles, into the audience, while on fire and screaming incoherently about how much money you can save your mother-in-law by switching to Liberty Mutual. Also a racoon is currently gnawing on its private parts.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I feel as though this thread used to be a fair bit more toxic some years back but has mellowed out as some of the more toxic posters have been threadbanned and the more argumentative ones have mellowed out. Most of the derails here don't usually explode into full-on multiple page arguments and flamewars. MOST of them, anyway. There's plenty of deviations from the subject matter at hand but that's fine.

I mean, I suppose you could say that a lot more Internet video people posted in this thread once upon a time and they've gradually left for various reasons, but I'm not sure how many of those you could put down to the thread and how many are because more folks don't go to forums anymore and have other social media to deal with. Like, the only one I can think of that's directly related to the thread was Lindsay Ellis, partly because of a misunderstanding that SA isn't a private forum anymore and anybody can read it.

nine-gear crow posted:

Every time someone comes guns blazing at me over a forums grudge they developed half a decade ago I feel like Thanos going "I don't even know who you are! What?" That usually just makes them madder.

M. Bison in Street Fighter is where my thoughts would run to.

"...For me? It was Tuesday."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kim Justice posted:

I feel as though this thread used to be a fair bit more toxic some years back but has mellowed out as some of the more toxic posters have been threadbanned and the more argumentative ones have mellowed out. Most of the derails here don't usually explode into full-on multiple page arguments and flamewars. MOST of them, anyway. There's plenty of deviations from the subject matter at hand but that's fine.

I mean, I suppose you could say that a lot more Internet video people posted in this thread once upon a time and they've gradually left for various reasons, but I'm not sure how many of those you could put down to the thread and how many are because more folks don't go to forums anymore and have other social media to deal with. Like, the only one I can think of that's directly related to the thread was Lindsay Ellis, partly because of a misunderstanding that SA isn't a private forum anymore and anybody can read it.

I mean I created :one: specifically for this thread when it was at its absolute worst, but yeah it has long since moved past those days.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

This thread has gotten noticeably better without the likes of BravestoftheLamps and Eugene V Dubstep stinking up the joint

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

shut up, dumbfuck.

lol "im going back to not reading this thread that i immediately swooped into the millisecond i saw something i could complain abt"

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer

Sarcopenia posted:

I stopped watching Illuminaughtii after she publicly shat on a smaller MLM critic channel because they dared to send a nice message to her about having a problem with her plagiarizing them.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Kim Justice posted:

You mean Vega.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It may have something to do with this thread also running nearly every creator out of the thread for varying reasons.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
removed

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 10, 2021

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

why the gently caress would you dredge that up? that's pretty loving ghoulish to do.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

It may have something to do with this thread also running nearly every creator out of the thread for varying reasons.

all bad content is created by creators so this is for the best if you think abt it

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

I applaud Max Wilco for their stance against toxic behaviour, I say before hitting the Show Posts by This User button and reading the very first thing they contributed to the thread.

Andrew Verse fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 9, 2021

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Pants Donkey posted:

This thread did have a pretty strong current of "it's okay to cyberbully creators, especially successful creators" (with the sub-current of "the fact that they have money and/or fame is proof that my flood of harassment is acceptable") for a while. Fortunately, most of that has fallen out of favor as we've all grown. Though I guess we'll see what happens the next time a new Contrapoints video drops...

LanceHunter fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 9, 2021

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Andrew Verse posted:

I applaud Max Wilco for their stance against toxic behaviour, I say before hitting the Show Posts by This User button and reading the very first thing they contributed to the thread.

Max loves just stumbling on the worst poo poo by complete accident and mindlessly reposting it, it's only natural that applies to post histories too!

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Max Wilco posted:

From earlier this year:

Did you just pull up posts from a person's clearly horrible episode a few months back just to show that, in fact, we are still very much the toxic ones? Did you at any point in this dredge consider that Spark That Bled may well be still reading, and if such was the case would very likely not want a reminder of this?

Max. You often seem to use this thread in a harmful way. You post things and do things that are presented as naivete but are seemingly always going to cause trouble and get poo poo thrown in your direction, which you respond to with pain. It is NOT healthy and I highly recommend you don't do it.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jul 9, 2021

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
moumentai

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i like that that show turned into evangelion for kids but with more cosmic horror.

thats still on netflix right?

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 9, 2021

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Max Wilco posted:

From earlier this year:

I don’t know what point you’re trying to make and I really don’t know why you thought using someone’s hosed up suicidal ideation posts to make that point was a good idea.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

LanceHunter posted:

Though I guess we'll see what happens the next time a new Contrapoints video drops...

Contra sucks massive poo poo and I'll keep saying it unless something changes.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

:hai:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i like that that show turned into evangelion for kids but with more cosmic horror.

thats still on netflix right?

nah looks like it's on hulu now

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Augus posted:

:hai:

nah looks like it's on hulu now

gently caress. my hulu got broken into(never had a card on it though so yay i guess) so i guess i will make another one through disney someday.

hell, same.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
This thread is nowhere near as toxic as D&D, the worst subforum on this site.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

This thread is nowhere near as toxic as D&D, the worst subforum on this site.

well yeah and a house fire is no where near as bad as the triangle shirtwaist factory fire but it should still probably be put out, you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Huh, so that's where Milla from Freedom Planet got her color scheme.