Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I’m positive that Nikita has a live feed of Factory and beats his tiny dick off watching people try and fix lights or plant intel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

There are cultists on Customs at night. I've seen them near the fortress.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

well mechanic i made it, despite your directions

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

That's a beautiful thing. Cultist on Interchange is going to be truly horrifying.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Finally hit 20 and unlocked flea right before calling it a night. It’s strange how IMMEDIATELY upon unlocking the flea the feeling of the entire game changes. I hadn’t really noticed this in previous wipes as levels 1-10 go so quick but, man, it’s a night and day difference.

I’m not in the “delete the flea” camp at all, it’s just interesting to me how fundamentally the game changes when you have it. I’ve gone from scraping by with garbage guns with no optics to upgrading a bunch of hideout poo poo simultaneously and putting optics on my guns. Strange.

Also, what’s the deal with bitcoins now? Weren’t they going to change them in some way? I don’t have the farm yet (obviously), but I’ve found a few Tetrizes and from the looks of things it seems like everything is basically the same as it was? Though maybe the price is uncoupled from the real price - I can’t tell that yet.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Finally was able to patch up and get some time to play, and it’s amazing how much easier getting Jaeger’s letter is when you actually know all the hideyholes in Woods. Also had a scav do the Homer “AAH” scream when they saw me, never heard that particular bark before.

Not starting with a docs case apparently is painful though.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Does scav karma affect or restrict your ability to use the flea market in any way?

Edit: added word

hello internet fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jul 8, 2021

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

spawned as a scav at 40 minutes on customs, along with quite a few others apparently

the resulting paranoia destroyed my fence rep but at least it was a super lucrative run

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

the best thing about the scav update is playing PMC and finding groups of little happy player scavs trading garbage and lean dancing

like a beautiful mating ritual

which you then lob a grenade into

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
I have once successfully met a huge group of scavs as a pmc and convinced one to extract with me. On reserve, of course. But it still felt like an achievement.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Player scavs are great because they go thru all the trash and sort out the best poo poo, for me to take when I then shoot them in the head. The new update made it even easier, you don't even have to fight them any more. You just press F1 and wiggle a little and they come right over, bang, pow, thanks for the water filter dumbass

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Cage Kicker posted:

Player scavs are great because they go thru all the trash and sort out the best poo poo, for me to take when I then shoot them in the head. The new update made it even easier, you don't even have to fight them any more. You just press F1 and wiggle a little and they come right over, bang, pow, thanks for the water filter dumbass

Is Fence’s benefits even worth giving up blasting fellow player scavs in the face?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
depends if youre going to stop using pplayer scavs later or not

Orv
May 4, 2011

hello internet posted:

Is Fence’s benefits even worth giving up blasting fellow player scavs in the face?

From the testing and recording people are doing, you get pretty significantly better loadouts as a max karma scav, so if you want to transition from using your scav as a money maker or item farmer to exclusively hunting PMCs that'll give you a decent leg up on it later in wipes.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Stux posted:

depends if youre going to stop using pplayer scavs later or not

This wipe I find running scav more stressful than PMC with trying to manage fence rep so I’ve been avoiding it. If it doesn’t really matter at the end of the day then I’m gonna come out blasting.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Minimum scav karma makes you KOS to all AI scavs, your scav timer goes up to an hour and a half (and Intel 3 will only knock 7 minutes off, at least currently) and car extracts get way, way pricier for both your scav and PMC. I might be forgetting a thing or two but I think that's it.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

hello internet posted:

Absolutely 100% yes, they sort out all the best poo poo and then you just pop them in the face and take it. If your scav is your main money maker then you are probably a pretty sad PMC. You just have to do something nice like 1/10 raids so you don't bottom out your karma entirely

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Orv posted:

Minimum scav karma makes you KOS to all AI scavs, your scav timer goes up to an hour and a half (and Intel 3 will only knock 7 minutes off, at least currently) and car extracts get way, way pricier for both your scav and PMC. I might be forgetting a thing or two but I think that's it.

The KOS aspect I feel is almost a benefit because you don’t have to worry about who’s going to kill you or not when everyone must die. The other parts sound rough though. Fortunately I’ve gotten decent enough at the game that I’m rarely ever broke to field a load out.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Night runs <3 https://streamable.com/ke3tdr

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

hello internet posted:

The KOS aspect I feel is almost a benefit because you don’t have to worry about who’s going to kill you or not when everyone must die. The other parts sound rough though. Fortunately I’ve gotten decent enough at the game that I’m rarely ever broke to field a load out.

Kill on sight, scav timer increases 400% to over 2 hours, vehicle extract prices increase 400% for your PMC, hideout scav box time increases 400%, loadouts become worse to the point of just a terrible gun and a scav vest...

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Annoyed that a player scav shot at me but missed so I lost rep when I owned him

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Cage Kicker posted:

You know if you extract with them you get free XP, fence rep, gear, and money right?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

You know if you extract with them you get free XP, fence rep, gear, and money right?

They mean as a player scav themselves.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Do you really think a god-gamer like him needs this pittance? He just takes what he wants when he wants it. Such is the life of an alpha.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

You know they have really nice poo poo in their backpack right?

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Now that I can't just buy stuff off the flea market I find great success farming crap I need for quests or for the hideout with my scav. A few PMC car extracts and my fence rep is good enough that I get semi decent loadouts half of the time, which is great because I can just run them on my PMC.

I don't like running my PMC to farm for specific items, it seems inefficient to me. I always get in gunfights and either die or I'm loaded with equipment from my enemies and need to extract right away because my strength is poo poo. I could play it slow but that's a waste of time if you need a specific item to progress.

With the scav I load into the map, run to the loot spots and extract. Then I can run my PMC or do something else for 15 minutes and repeat. No need to bother about getting shot as most other players are friendly and if I hear gunshots I just play it safe. Or I die, it's just a scav after all.

Shoreline gave me a crap ton of hideout stuff which boosted my progression a lot. I scaved on reserve to get Flash drives and that was very successful too. Ran a lot of woods in the beginning for food even though there I also used my pmc a lot as the food crates are so contested.

Since I can't buy decent armor from the traders I'm dependent on running my scav regularly anyway. Let's see if that changes once I unlock the flea. I definitely have more fun scaving this wipe than last wipe. I could even see myself trying to max out fence rep depending on how achievable it is.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Can confirm. Had my first ever run in with cultists on a 5am customs scav run, thought it was a scav at first but then he turned and charged me with the knife out, then one of his buddies did the same after doming a fellow player scav.

2 easy kills for me, and I got some cool guns out of it. Also early wipe the knives going for 14k to Jaeger is really good money.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I was playing the single player tarkov mod on a whim earlier and with the default settings the AI pmcs are actually so cracked that it's harder than regular tarkov lmao

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

any tips for interchange? i'm new to the map and trying to gather the manifests is kicking my rear end

Orv
May 4, 2011

rap music posted:

any tips for interchange? i'm new to the map and trying to gather the manifests is kicking my rear end

The biggest and most immediate tip for Interchange is stick to the edges of the mall, inside, while you're learning the map. Eventually you gotta get into the middle of the place and learn the store layouts, but for now just stick to the back hallways between Goshan, Oli and Idea and the parking garage which is - almost - always untravelled. Dart in when you get near somewhere you need to get something, take it slow and easy, most of the Killa hunters and geared people are gonna hit the big money and bail in the opening ten, fifteen minutes. It's a little bit different at this point, near the kinda-end of early wipe where the people running Interchange don't all have all the keys so people tend to hit less incredible spots and roam around a little more than they do later on, so you have to be a little more careful.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

rap music posted:

I'm a useless noob so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd say don't feel about grabbing one manifest and bailing rather than going for all of them and getting smoked. Also player scavs are sticking together so they're traveling in bigger packs these days; watch out for that.

I also feel like the Emercom exit is the hottest one by far. I'd play it safe and head up to railroad exfil if you have the time and energy to take it a bit slower.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009

Malefitz posted:

I scaved on reserve to get Flash drives and that was very successful too.

Any particular places you'd head to for flash drives? I've been checking a whole bunch of filing cabinets and computers, as well as the usual suspects (computer van and camp on customers, etc) but I can't find that last flash drive for the life of me.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

good tips all around, didn't know i could do them one at a time

Lesgoon
Jan 16, 2004

ThePineapple posted:

Any particular places you'd head to for flash drives? I've been checking a whole bunch of filing cabinets and computers, as well as the usual suspects (computer van and camp on customers, etc) but I can't find that last flash drive for the life of me.

Flash drives are more commonly found in safes now. They still also spawn at the tent by the big lake at the lumber mill on woods.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i have had more than one run with multiple flash drives by hitting safes and filing cabinets

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Wrr posted:

I'm a useless noob so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd say don't feel about grabbing one manifest and bailing rather than going for all of them and getting smoked. Also player scavs are sticking together so they're traveling in bigger packs these days; watch out for that.

I also feel like the Emercom exit is the hottest one by far. I'd play it safe and head up to railroad exfil if you have the time and energy to take it a bit slower.

if youre just trying to get out with quest stuff like that you can also take the backpackless extractwhichh is usually quiet

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

ThePineapple posted:

computer van

the dawning realization i've been walking right past high value spawns for dozens of raids :tbear:

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

ThePineapple posted:

Black and white knight and the building right next to the checkpoint fence extract. Found my last Skier flash drive in this checkpoint building, was briefly thinking if I should make a run for it to play it save as the extract is right next to the building. Said nah I'm greedy and got a second flash drive as a reward.

On another note, did the performance for anyone else turn to poo poo in this patch? I have constant stutters even though I didn't change any settings. I even died once to a stutter and I'm sure it will happen again with the amount of stuttering going on. Game turns to a slideshow for a few seconds sometimes. Never had this problem before.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Hooplah posted:

the dawning realization i've been walking right past high value spawns for dozens of raids :tbear:

Nikita should give you a counter of how many red keycards you have barely missed at the end of a wipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Malefitz posted:

On another note, did the performance for anyone else turn to poo poo in this patch?

Yea, my games stutter constantly. I don't have the best rig in the world, but last wipe it was running pretty smooth.