Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
guys we can't push our voters left they're actually too smart for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

It's a good thing that despite that they picked the most progressive candidate in the NYC mayoral race

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

sexpig by night posted:

ACTUALLY Democrats are all intellectuals who absolutely wouldn't be persuaded by a media bubble telling them that Biden is both electable and the most progressive candidate since FDR

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

sexpig by night posted:

Right wing media bubble, my man. The democratic base is diverse, and gets info from diverse places. Not remotely the same.

Gop pols are not pushing their base, they are following it. Newscorp is doing the pushing.

*looks at voter demographics for 2016 and 2020*

Hmmmmm

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
chobani is lovely yogut

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Nichael posted:

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1413493223834619904?s=20

why are liberals always taking my ideas and turning them to loving poo poo

lol dems have completely abandoned Warnock

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

*begin receiving access to child tax credits

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

comedyblissoption posted:

*begin receiving access to child tax credits

now that's a red text

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

spacemang_spliff posted:

chobani is lovely yogut

yogurt is lovely kefir

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

i forgot Breyer hasn't retired yet. Didnt the supreme court session end a week ago? whats the loving hold up?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

i forgot Breyer hasn't retired yet. Didnt the supreme court session end a week ago? whats the loving hold up?

gerontocracy means you don't retire

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

The Nastier Nate posted:

probably waiting until after his buddy's maskless wedding

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Nastier Nate posted:

he don’t care

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

The Nastier Nate posted:

libs don't see themselves as part of a greater project, cogs who are easily replaceable by others who will do the job as good or better than they can(on account of them being 20 years younger and thus not as likely to just die) , but rather individuals who are uniquely skilled to accomplish the task. See also: Fauci not retiring after saying masks were useless leading to people saying that the CDC was being wishy washy

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Mayor Dave posted:

now that's a red text
these colors dont run :911:

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
It is quintessential liberalism that the whole "polls say" logic only apply to the parts of racism and oppression that do not target them. Polls say we can't do anything about police brutality or concentration camps at the border. But the entirely symbolic achievements of unpopular figures like Kamala and Pete? Who cares about polls then, because libs can empathize with well credentialed people like them, but not with the poor kids in concentration camps.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

bedpan posted:

gerontocracy means you don't retire

these people have a brain disease

imagine being 82 years old, rich as gently caress, married to literal royalty and being able to retire scot free and still hanging on to your dumb job.

that's before you even get to the reprecussions of trying to retire in 2 years if the GOP takes the senate

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

joepinetree posted:

It is quintessential liberalism that the whole "polls say" logic only apply to the parts of racism and oppression that do not target them. Polls say we can't do anything about police brutality or concentration camps at the border. But the entirely symbolic achievements of unpopular figures like Kamala and Pete? Who cares about polls then, because libs can empathize with well credentialed people like them, but not with the poor kids in concentration camps.

Liberalism part 2:

My enemy is a fascist and we are friends.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

these people have a brain disease

imagine being 82 years old, rich as gently caress, married to literal royalty and being able to retire scot free and still hanging on to your dumb job.

that's before you even get to the reprecussions of trying to retire in 2 years if the GOP takes the senate

now imagine all those things, except you work a job where you don't have to do anything, will never get fired, and have a great health care plan. Supreme Court is a great retirement program.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

bedpan posted:

now imagine all those things, except you work a job where you don't have to do anything, will never get fired, and have a great health care plan. Supreme Court is a great retirement program.

touche.

my wife works for a university and the dean of her school is 80 years old and is practically a shambling corpse that somehow manages to come in to the office for 2 hours a day to sleep at his desk

but instead of retiring to spend time with his literal dozens of grandchildren, he is hanging on to that $400,000 a year paycheck like grim death

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

You don't get to be a supreme court justice if you don't have the kind of massive ego that assumes the world ends after your death.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It can also be read as “the police are not getting defunded, because a party supporting that position in a two-way race would lose, so let’s try something else”. There is a lot of evidence in opinion polling and voting patterns that supports that conclusion, which doesn’t necessarily mean it’s correct, but it does provide an explanation for being shy about “defunding the police” that doesn’t make somebody a boot licker.

E: btw most of the replies to our posts today aren’t in this thread, if anybody is looking to go have an incredibly toxic debate somewhere and then get probed (I’m good, thanks)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The Nastier Nate posted:

please stop you're hurting america by asking him to do that

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

joepinetree posted:

Another good bit is the internalization that people dont vote on policy and still doubling down on polls and just selectively ignoring what they dont like.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

The Nastier Nate posted:

He's waiting to retire under a Hillary presidency.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

E: btw most of the replies to our posts today aren’t in this thread, if anybody is looking to go have an incredibly toxic debate somewhere and then get probed (I’m good, thanks)

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Catpetter1981 posted:

It can also be read as “the police are not getting defunded, because a party supporting that position in a two-way race would lose, so let’s try something else”. There is a lot of evidence in opinion polling and voting patterns that supports that conclusion, which doesn’t necessarily mean it’s correct, but it does provide an explanation for being shy about “defunding the police” that doesn’t make somebody a boot licker.

Lmao :discourse:

“I’m not smart enough to defend this position outside of an echo chamber? Will somebody else please go do so?”

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol watching the Sopranos and I forgot about the scene where Carmella, Rosalie and Angie discuss Hillary Clinton and Carmella says that "she's a role model for all of us"

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol watching the Sopranos and I forgot about the scene where Carmella, Rosalie and Angie discuss Hillary Clinton and Carmella says that "she's a role model for all of us"
:thunk:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I promise I won't probate any d&d posters that want to come here and defend their positions

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I just got this email

so, like, there is an open spot on the FCC, with nobody in it at all

and Biden could restore net neutrality if he just, like, appointed someone to it

but he hasn't

and rather than someone just tapping him on the shoulder going "psst mr prez you forgot to do this thing whoopsie" it is apparently so hard to get him to appoint someone to fill an empty seat that someone whose email list I'm on is circulating a loving petition

lmao god joe biden is so useless

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

frankenfreak posted:

He's waiting to retire under a Hillary presidency.

gonna be tough to do when trump is reinstated in 3 weeks

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

gonna be doing a lot of extra childcare today which takes up my valuable probing time if anyone wants to try their luck in the succ

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol the police are not getting defunded because the democrat party doesn't want to. Biden wants to give more money to the police and no one in the party is going to do anything to stop him. They're literally trying to push the idea that it's actually Republicans who want to defund the police because they love Putin and crime.

This is the same poo poo that trump supporters did when they would say "no actually what he REALLY meant was..."

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

He wants to make sure Hillary Clinton picks his replacement

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

touche.

my wife works for a university and the dean of her school is 80 years old and is practically a shambling corpse that somehow manages to come in to the office for 2 hours a day to sleep at his desk

but instead of retiring to spend time with his literal dozens of grandchildren, he is hanging on to that $400,000 a year paycheck like grim death

only menial positions actually require work or have someone who will throw you out for lack of production. at every stage in my own job history, the best compensated jobs have always been the ones with the least amount of actual work.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Lib and let die posted:

I promise I won't probate any d&d posters that want to come here and defend their positions

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Dear cowards: :justpost:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

loquacius posted:

I just got this email

so, like, there is an open spot on the FCC, with nobody in it at all

and Biden could restore net neutrality if he just, like, appointed someone to it

but he hasn't

and rather than someone just tapping him on the shoulder going "psst mr prez you forgot to do this thing whoopsie" it is apparently so hard to get him to appoint someone to fill an empty seat that someone whose email list I'm on is circulating a loving petition

lmao god joe biden is so useless

Correct lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Nastier Nate posted:

this is misogyny